HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why can't he drop her off at school
Posted by: Mohammed ()
Date: April 25, 2015 04:07PM

So I am sick and tired. I was ok with this, when it was cold outside and I did not say anything to him. We are now in April and he keeps doing this.. Every damn Morning. I leave my house at around 8:10AM. Every single day schools are open this guy who has a hybrid is in car with his child waiting for the school bus.... Every-time he blocking me my car from leaving. WHY can't he just drive her to school? Why does he think he has to block my car from leaving my parking spot? Does he thinks his better than everyone else cause he has a hybrid? I can't stand him, Will the school board ever move a bus stop ? what can I do to stop this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why can't he drop her off at school
Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: April 25, 2015 04:24PM

Ummm...have you tried politely asking him to move? Old saying - you can't get stepped on unless you lie down first.

Posted by: Achmed ()
Date: April 25, 2015 06:31PM

Mohammad, I would recommend doing what Allah would do, blow up the bus stop and the children, then the car will have no reason to block you.

Pity the guy
Posted by: science of identification ()
Date: April 25, 2015 07:05PM

The guy is a helicopter parent. He worships Sharon Bulova and Ryan McElveen. Right now, he's in a mild state of panic pending the sweeping changes coming to FCPS.

No more Boosterthon. No more Tara Brach. Conversion of turf fields to classrooms. Cutbacks in sports and band. Plans for the olympic pool have been scrapped.

He lives for these things through his daughter. He has miserable job and is in an unhappy marriage.

The next time he blocks you in, call the police.

Posted by: 7u4jM ()
Date: April 25, 2015 07:09PM

If you could lose your anger long enough to do it right, you should approach the driver and say "if you would not block my car in the morning, I would appreciate it". In order for that to work, you have to leave the chip on your shoulder at the door and just be real nice about it. Like, understanding and appreciative. We all do stupid shit sometimes. Just don't act like you never do. I think that's called grace.

Re: Pity the guy
Posted by: turffairfax.org ()
Date: April 25, 2015 08:08PM

science of identification Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Conversion of turf fields to classrooms.

Good luck with that. Turf supporters are even greater in number than the SLEEP peeps.

Send an email to the transportation division: Serious safety issue with this bus stop. I almost ran over a kid 3x. I'm not the only one. Can you move it 100 feet up the street?

Posted by: Easy ()
Date: April 26, 2015 12:54PM

Just walk over with a smile and politely ask him to move because you need to leave. After a few days of this he should get the message.

Posted by: The Attention You Crave ()
Date: April 26, 2015 03:18PM

Walk up to his car, bang firmly on the window, and scream "Allah Snackbar!"

Posted by: mjs82 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:27AM

just walk up to the window and open up your suicide vest and tell him the next time he parks there you both will become wetspots...

Posted by: LouderThanHell ()
Date: April 27, 2015 10:06AM

Likely he does not live in your neighborhood school's boundaries.
If he drove the kid all the way to the school the school personnel might notice that he is not within their limits.

We have a car with Maryland plates that waits on the end of the block to pick up her kid off the bus in the afternoon.
That's right, a MD car picking up a kid getting off a Fairfax Co. bus.

Posted by: FONZ ()
Date: April 27, 2015 10:13AM

Oh this is one I can get behind. I have a bus stop in front of my house and the parents all drive their kids up, sit with them in the car and wait for the bus. They sit in the car for sometimes 20 minutes. Why is this retarded? The school is an 8 minute drive away. Fucknuts.

Posted by: commonsense ()
Date: April 27, 2015 10:36AM

This type of attitude concerns me. A person with this type of controlling and obsessive behaviour is not unlike that of a stalker. The inability to either confront the individual in a polite friendly way and instead internalize the perceived "conflict" as intentional harassment is cause for concern as it could escalate.

But in answer to your questions - yes, a POLITE and reasonable request to the FCPS transportation department could lead to a slight re-staging of the pick-up location. I know first hand of people who have had some problems with a particular bus stop and have had it relocated. Not far - perhaps just to the other side of an intersection. But you have to be nice and have a reasonable explanation for why you request this change.

http://fcps.edu/fts/tran/contact/index.shtml

Posted by: commonsense ()
Date: April 27, 2015 10:59AM

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: April 27, 2015 11:11AM

Achmed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mohammad, I would recommend doing what Allah would
> do, blow up the bus stop and the children, then
> the car will have no reason to block you.

ALOHA SNACKBAR

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.