HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Driver ()
Date: April 23, 2015 02:50PM

How is the traffic going to DC in the mornings and back from DC in the evenings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Duh Dept ()
Date: April 23, 2015 02:51PM

It sucks shit.

Of course it depends on what time you want to leave your house. Or get home

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Uyt ()
Date: April 23, 2015 02:51PM

Avoid it all. Quit or move.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Free advice ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:05PM

Shouldn't be too bad. Most people commute from DC out to Fairfax, Loudoun so you should be going opposite most people. I would leave Leesburg around 8:30 if you want to get downtown by 9:00.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Loudoun to DC? ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:15PM

Free advice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shouldn't be too bad. Most people commute from DC
> out to Fairfax, Loudoun so you should be going
> opposite most people. I would leave Leesburg
> around 8:30 if you want to get downtown by 9:00.

What about all of the people traveling from Loudoun to DC?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Wobble, Wobble ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:23PM

Basically anytime except 10AM-1PM= shit ton of traffic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: morning routine ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:30PM

In the morning, bring the morning paper, electric shaver, toothpaste, toothbrush, cup of water, comb, cup of coffee, donut and a gentleman's magazine. All will be used by the time you get to work.

On the way home, just try and forget you have to do it all over again tomorrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Duh Duh Duh ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:58PM

Duh Duh Duh

Duh Duh Duh

Duh Duh Duh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: 7eDKG ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:35PM

Loudoun to DC? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Free advice Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Shouldn't be too bad. Most people commute from DC
> > out to Fairfax, Loudoun so you should be going
> > opposite most people. I would leave Leesburg
> > around 8:30 if you want to get downtown by 9:00.
>
> What about all of the people traveling from
> Loudoun to DC?

There aren't any, because that'd be insane.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Upper NW Snob ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:39PM

Save your money and move into my neighborhood. The peace of mind alone on the commute is worth the $1 million dollar three bedroom crap of a house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Year round 80 degrees ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:45PM

Upper NW Snob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Save your money and move into my neighborhood.
> The peace of mind alone on the commute is worth
> the $1 million dollar three bedroom crap of a
> house.

No thank you. I am just visiting. Then I am back off to my year round 80 degree paradise. Your weather here sucks for half of the year if not more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: Nanook of the North ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:48PM

Year round 80 degrees Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> No thank you. I am just visiting. Then I am back
> off to my year round 80 degree paradise. Your
> weather here sucks for half of the year if not
> more.

When are you coming home? The seal meat is starting the thaw and I need someone to help with the smoking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: jackholes ()
Date: April 23, 2015 05:11PM

Dont tell these morons how much Fairfax sucks. They are all in denial anyways and they just get all offended so it is no use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: asdfasdfasdfasdf ()
Date: April 23, 2015 05:47PM

I liked growing up here in the 80s and 90s. Now there's just too many people. The last couple years it's gotten noticeably worse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traveling from Leesburg to Washington DC by car. What times of the morning/evening should I avoid?
Posted by: great big dumbass ()
Date: April 23, 2015 06:47PM

jackholes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dont tell these morons how much Fairfax sucks.
> They are all in denial anyways and they just get
> all offended so it is no use.


Why are you on a Fairfax forum then, dumbass?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
       **  **    **  ********        **  **     ** 
       **  **   **      **           **  ***   *** 
       **  **  **       **           **  **** **** 
       **  *****        **           **  ** *** ** 
 **    **  **  **       **     **    **  **     ** 
 **    **  **   **      **     **    **  **     ** 
  ******   **    **     **      ******   **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.