HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When was the last time FCPS high schools had designated smoking areas set aside for students?
Posted by: 80s? 90s? ()
Date: April 20, 2015 02:54PM

Why has society become so pussified?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When was the last time FCPS high schools had designated smoking areas set aside for students?
Posted by: DanKnows ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:24PM

This was a bit before my time but I do recall back in the 50's that high schools had designated smoking areas outside.

Re: When was the last time FCPS high schools had designated smoking areas set aside for students?
Posted by: c9EHp ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:25PM

80s? 90s? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why has society become so pussified?

Apparently they find that smoking is BAD, but being confused about one's gender is well, okay by them.

Posted by: Vcmyp ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:25PM

80s? 90s? Wrote:

Answer: (unfortunately) YES.

Posted by: FmTjU ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:26PM

Because Libs to the leading
Attachments:
LibsMental.png

Posted by: Not recently? ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:34PM

DanKnows Wrote:
> This was a bit before my time but I do recall back
> in the 50's that high schools had designated
> smoking areas outside.

So it was not as recently as the 1990s?

Posted by: Gene Jacket ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:39PM

Mid 80s. When did the age go from 0 to 16 to 18? Used to be guys started smoking in Jr High.

Posted by: Tea Party Party Party ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:40PM

How is this a liberal/conservative issue?

I can't stand the filthy degenerates that pollute the atmosphere with their noxious stench. Not to mention most cig smokers are also chronic litterbugs who think nothing of tossing a lit butt out their window onto another vehicle or emptying their ash trays at every intersection.

That being said if you really want a lib to endorse your smoking habit - just tell them it's weed. They'll tell you to smoke away at that point.

Date: April 20, 2015 03:53PM

FmTjU Wrote:
> Because Libs to the leading

Liberals would never destroy smoking.

---------------------------------------------------

- Savage Vro Fartian was here -

Posted by: I want to start smoking ()
Date: April 20, 2015 06:47PM

Gene Jacket Wrote:
> Mid 80s. When did the age go from 0 to 16 to 18?
> Used to be guys started smoking in Jr High.

Should I start?

Posted by: Gender expression ()
Date: April 20, 2015 08:29PM

80s? 90s? Wrote:

That question could be posed about a lot of issues besides smoking.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: April 20, 2015 08:33PM

LBSS 1983

Posted by: trfgy ()
Date: April 20, 2015 08:39PM

Robinson had a smoking lounge in 83. It was gone a couple years later. Teachers used to smoke in their break rooms

Posted by: TJ SMOKER ()
Date: April 20, 2015 08:40PM

Smokin' pot and cigs. Interior courtyards, we had two, one for seniors, the other for underclassmen.

Posted by: Class of '83 ()
Date: April 20, 2015 08:46PM

we had an official smoking court 1980 - 1983 but it wasn't cool to smoke there, we were pretty much allowed to smoke anywhere outside. Me and my friends were Band Hall smokers. I don't know how much longer the kids were allowed to smoke.

Posted by: pungent combination ()
Date: April 20, 2015 09:59PM

Smoke, turf fields, Boosterthon-things that have no place in our schools!

Posted by: WSHS ()
Date: April 20, 2015 10:34PM

FCPS allowed student smoking lounges for the last time 1983-84. It was my freshman year at WSHS and the smoking "lounge"was just the covered entrance outside the rear gym/auditorium lobby (and where the buses dropped off). No lounging, no chairs, just a bunch of burn out/druggies and Mr. Barnes, Biology teacher , standing around smoking.

I recall actual teachers lounges being very smoky and maybe even with ashtrays on tables. Teachers were smoking cigs at school at let through 87.

Posted by: Atom.. ()
Date: April 21, 2015 06:39PM

Used to smoke cigs with friends at a rear door to the building thru 1987 at Actiondale. We occasionally got threatened with in school suspension but none of the administrators really have a shit, usually just "caught" us then lit up too. Only got one teacher to take a hit off a J! That was when Nancy Reagan's bull shit "just say no" crap and MADD were just starting off, fucking up the good times for generations to follow...

Posted by: hYJpy ()
Date: April 21, 2015 06:42PM

Chantilly had a smoking lounge until about 1982. Sometimes the teachers would smoke with the students.

For a few years after 1982, a lot of students chewed (chawed/dipped) tobacco. They'd walk around with their dip cups, and most teachers didn't care, if you didn't make a mess.

Posted by: 92TransAm ()
Date: April 21, 2015 11:58PM

Hayfield high school had it when I graduated, 86-87. That was the last year I believe

Posted by: do u smoke now? ()
Date: April 22, 2015 10:32PM

Do all the cool kids smoke now?

trfgy Wrote:
> Robinson had a smoking lounge in 83. It was gone a
> couple years later. Teachers used to smoke in
> their break rooms

fter September 1, 1990, smoking, use of tobacco, or electronic
cigarettes in the buildings of Loudoun County Public Schools by anyone
at anytime will be prohibited. Refer to policy §6-40.
Use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes by adults coaching
and/or supervising extra-curricular activities on or off school property is
prohibited.
All persons attending school events and/or extra-curricular activities are
prohibited from smoking, using smokeless tobacco products, or electronic
cigarettes on school property.
(continued)
§6-29
(c)
SUPPORT SERVICES
COMMUNITY USE OF FACILITIES
REGULATION
§6-29 Schedule of Fees (continued)
Use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes by any person at anytime
on any Loudoun County Public Schools’ property, will be prohibited.
9. No food or beverages are permitted in any auditorium or gymnasium.
10. No group may change the setting of any electrical switch or control
without approval of the principal or principal's designee.
11. Groups using school facilities shall have access only to those parts of the
facility for which the application was approved.
12. Principals may specify additional rules for the use of school facilities

Posted by: daytripperyeah ()
Date: April 24, 2015 04:31PM

This post is making me want to go smoke one!?

Posted by: Fairfax Bob ()
Date: April 24, 2015 07:10PM

At Annandale High School you could smoke outside the school in the early 80's and the teachers lounge was just a room of smoke. A lot of kids used chew though and there was an unofficial spot they did that.

Posted by: dude... ()
Date: April 25, 2015 12:35AM

Just go out to the "tree" in the actiondale days, church gave not shit one what we did...

Posted by: len little ()
Date: April 26, 2015 07:16AM

I graduated McLean in 1965. Smoking on school grounds was a MAJOR offense, and J. J. Lyons made sure that you did your time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.