HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Capitals Fan Busts Out on New York Islander Fans - They're Hockey Fans What did you Expect?
Posted by: Hockey Mom ()
Date: April 20, 2015 10:17AM

Unfortunately once the game started things went decidedly downhill. We were told to shut up and yelled all manor of things at us. The fans directly around us were pretty friendly but the people a few rows in front and a few rows behind were not. When the Islanders scored their first goal one of the guys behind me poured beer all over me. Homophobic bullshit was shouted at us all game and my friend Fatou had a number of racist comments directed at her.

Our group had bought seats in two different sections so during the second intermission we all met up at one of the out door smoking areas. We walked in together and were booed by everyone. It seemed good natured at first but then we were surrounded and things took a much darker turn. We were surrounded by several dozens of Islanders fans, some of whom blew smoke into the girls in our group’s faces. Several of them were actually pushing us but we clearly weren’t about to start a fight with that many people. I just held my Caps “Unleash The Fury” towel above my head (as seen in the above photos) and just took all the boos and chants of asshole and fun stuff like “fuck you faggot”.

At some point a drunk Islanders fan grabbed the rally towel out of my hands and as I tried to get it back Islanders fans swarmed me and it looked like it was going to turn into a brawl but security was quick to break it up. Of course the security guard blamed it on me for “instigating a fight” when all I was doing was silently holding a rally towel and smiling. When someone threw a bottle at our group I told the same security guard about it and he said “no one is throwing anything at you” despite the bottle landing at his feet.

http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bsides/open-letter-to-the-new-york-islanders/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Capitals Fan Busts Out on New York Islander Fans - They're Hockey Fans What did you Expect?
Posted by: big surprise ()
Date: April 20, 2015 12:07PM

New Yorkers are gonna New York. What are you going to do?

Re: Capitals Fan Busts Out on New York Islander Fans - They're Hockey Fans What did you Expect?
Posted by: 3hY9p ()
Date: April 20, 2015 12:19PM

big surprise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New Yorkers are gonna New York. What are you
> going to do?

We're just going to go DC on them.

Posted by: big surprise ()
Date: April 20, 2015 12:32PM

3hY9p Wrote:
> big surprise Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > New Yorkers are gonna New York. What are you
> > going to do?
>
>
> We're just going to go DC on them.

What's that? Stroll on up to them in your flip flops with a latte in hand and hand them a coupon for a Vienna mattress store and your business card?

Posted by: What did you expect?? ()
Date: April 20, 2015 12:50PM

Philly, NY, and Boston fans abuse DC fans in all sports because DC fans are pussies.

Posted by: CdnY9 ()
Date: April 20, 2015 01:03PM

big surprise Wrote:
> 3hY9p Wrote:
> -----
> > big surprise Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > New Yorkers are gonna New York. What are you
> > > going to do?
> >
> >
> > We're just going to go DC on them.
> No we'll just hand out "vote for Hillary" literature.
>
> What's that? Stroll on up to them in your flip
> flops with a latte in hand and hand them a coupon
> for a Vienna mattress store and your business
> card?

Posted by: Thugs ()
Date: April 20, 2015 01:18PM

What did you expect?? Wrote:
> Philly, NY, and Boston fans abuse DC fans in all
> sports because DC fans are pussies.

Because DC fans have some class. Philly and NY fans are just street thugs.

Posted by: H4jyG ()
Date: April 20, 2015 01:19PM

Thugs Wrote:
> What did you expect?? Wrote:
> -----
> > Philly, NY, and Boston fans abuse DC fans in
> all
> > sports because DC fans are pussies.
>
> Because DC fans have some class. Philly and NY
> fans are just street thugs.

+1

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.