HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any idea why VDOT/the police have a camera in the medium of Saint Germian Drive?
Posted by: Amy J. ()
Date: April 17, 2015 08:38PM

Any idea why VDOT/the police have a camera in the medium of Saint Germian Drive? Looks like a bunch of solar panels-like something for traffic work-but there is a camera on it. It is right before Strasburg Drive and has been there forat least month. In fact there is another on on the other end of the road. I HATE being watched everytime I leave my neighborhood, What gives?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any idea why VDOT/the police have a camera in the medium of Saint Germian Drive?
Posted by: yhnbv ()
Date: April 17, 2015 08:55PM

Eesh stole a VDOT setup and he is watching one of your neighbors. That crazy rascal.

Re: Any idea why VDOT/the police have a camera in the medium of Saint Germian Drive?
Posted by: TpTTW ()
Date: April 17, 2015 09:36PM

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: April 17, 2015 11:26PM

TpTTW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_strip

...leading to the question: what do you call the bit of grass between the sidewalk and the road? A: Depends where you grew up. How many different answers can we get here?

Posted by: Amy J. ()
Date: April 20, 2015 10:33AM

Gee, and here I thought I'd actually get a real answer.

Posted by: 3wpdt ()
Date: April 20, 2015 11:19AM

They're watching you Amy.

Posted by: GeLEd ()
Date: April 20, 2015 11:22AM

it is being run by north vietnam although clearly it says made in china - like all other fx co gov equipment (as if fx co would know the difference or care)

Posted by: tinfoil underwear ()
Date: April 20, 2015 11:27AM

Another one is swt up at Olley Lane and Little River Turnpike, was wondering about it too. Prob traffic study, they already have license scanners on cop cars and cameras on major highways to track our comings and goings. How comforting right?

Posted by: OrWell's Winston ()
Date: April 20, 2015 11:33AM

Winston from 1984 just called and told me to tell Amy this:

"Don't worry, they cannot steal your thoughts. Be careful, however, if you own a flat screen TV (Smart TV) made by Samsung. If you do, they listen to everything you say."

"Shhh, not in front of the TV! Samsung may be eavesdropping on you"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102407345

"How To Stop Your Smart TV From Eavesdropping On You"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/your-samsung-tv-is-spying-on-you_n_6647762.html

Posted by: Police State ()
Date: April 20, 2015 11:51AM

They have a mobile camera on route 15 right after you enter VA.

Posted by: LGjbM ()
Date: April 20, 2015 11:54AM

The people can organize and petition to have these kind of cameras removed. We are paying to have them put up .. our tax dollars, without our consent.

Posted by: Traffic Survey ()
Date: April 20, 2015 12:03PM

I requested that the stoplights timing be changed or reviewed at intersection. Three weeks later one of those cameras popped up and the lights were sync correctly.

Probably a traffic survey to determine if light or change in traffic pattern is needed.

Posted by: really? ()
Date: April 23, 2015 10:07PM

Its a median, you imbecile.

Posted by: wild wild west ()
Date: April 23, 2015 10:22PM

Amy J. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gee, and here I thought I'd actually get a real
> answer.

You live on St Germain and you are worried about a camera? I guess that more of a concern than the derelicts, homeless and illegals wandering around there, Wow!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.