HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Brewery to Open in Clifton Next to Paradise Springs
Posted by: Chapel roader ()
Date: April 10, 2015 09:21AM

Realistic Voice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 8A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> The water table in Clifton is
> > not in good shape and a production
> manufacturing
> > plant like this one could drain our drinking
> > water.
>
> Please, Fairfax county gets it's water a variety
> of sources. Including the Potomac river.
>
> Stop with your silliness.

Silliness? You're ignorant. We're talking CLIFTON, where most people are on WELL WATER!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: IPA Please ()
Date: April 10, 2015 09:58AM

I hope the brewery does an good IPA or coffee beer. Damn IPA's are the shit!

Posted by: Malt Wheel ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:01AM

Drier Malt for Coffee tasting beers
Attachments:
breisswheel.jpg

Posted by: Porters ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:33AM

I hope they make a porter like Old Ox in Ashburn.

Old Ox Porter-

A robust rye porter with hints of coffee and chocolate nicely balanced with a subtle hop influence. A substantial, malty ale…complex and flavorful with a medium body and a slightly roasty finish. The rich dark color is deceptively refreshing..the spice in the rye clears the palate. A sip will explain why we say this is a delightful combination of sweet and spicy!

Posted by: Wino ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:13PM

Wine is better for you, the environment and tastes better

Posted by: Beer Pairings ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:18PM

Maybe they're do the beer pairings that craft brewery do. Wife and I go crazy sharing those.
Attachments:
beerpairing.jpg
beerpairing2.jpg

Posted by: Fresh Porters ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:20PM

Wino Wrote:
> Wine is better for you, the environment and tastes
> better

You haven't had good beer. Try a local fresh craft brew and you'll be hooked. But you have to get it fresh a local craft brewery.

Posted by: YamBag ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:23PM

Fresh Porters Wrote:
> Wino Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wine is better for you, the environment and
> tastes
> > better
>
> You haven't had good beer. Try a local fresh
> craft brew and you'll be hooked. But you have to
> get it fresh a local craft brewery.

Try Yambag from Mad Fox. Crazy good shit!

YamBag:
Pours pitch blak with a full loan head that is content on just hanging out the whole time.

Nose is roast, dark malt, a little chocolate, this sweet smoke smell (almost like BBQ) and a little potato. The flavor is dry, roasted oats, dark malt, bitter dark chocolate, faint sweet potatoe, but not really overpowering. Vegetal aftertaste, dry finish.

Posted by: Oops ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:42PM

Sounds like yambag tastes like dick

Posted by: Dovey ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:55PM

Oops Wrote:
> Sounds like yambag tastes like dick

Stop teasing us! You silly silly little ass.

Posted by: shit pizza ()
Date: April 11, 2015 06:29PM

Wastewater from this operation will have to drain into the streams in Clifton. His septic system would get clogged with this runoff. Now we will have to deal with drunk deer.
I guess if you have a lot of money you can walk over everyone else.
Why was this kept and still is being kept hush.
What are you afraid of, what your neighbors might say or feel about this?

Posted by: shit pizza ()
Date: April 11, 2015 06:29PM

Wastewater from this operation will have to drain into the streams in Clifton. His septic system would get clogged with this runoff. Now we will have to deal with drunk deer.
I guess if you have a lot of money you can walk over everyone else.
Why was this kept and still is being kept hush.
What are you afraid of, what your neighbors might say or feel about this?

Posted by: eagle64 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 02:45AM

@ young and happy: You are so full of shit. What does age have to do with opposing a brewery. I'm 66 and wholeheartedly support this brewery as well as their neighbor Paradise Springs Winery. I've been enjoying wine and beer way before you were even born---you little pipsqueak.

Posted by: eagle64 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 02:47AM

@ young and happy: You are so full of crap. What does age have to do with opposing a brewery. I'm 66 and wholeheartedly support this brewery as well as their neighbor Paradise Springs Winery. I've been enjoying wine and beer way before you were even born---you little pipsqueak.

Posted by: Brewery ()
Date: April 12, 2015 11:14AM

Loud mouth brewery is a terrible name

Someone is trying way too hard to fit in

Posted by: loud mouth douche ()
Date: April 12, 2015 12:29PM

You come into our quiet town and always do whatever you want. Our streets look like we live in the city. You don't care what others think about what you do. You don't have any real friends unless you buy them. We the people of Clifton oppose this stupid brewery. We want to stay small, not become like the rest of nova. You can't keep walking on us. What do you expect, people to just stay quiet and let you destroy our community?
Even though you tell people your ABC lic is in the bag, IT ISN'T! How about the people that now live next to where your ego wants a brewery. Their way of life will be gone forever.

Posted by: My deer love beer ()
Date: April 12, 2015 04:35PM

People of Clifton. You have the blame. You couldn't be the only game in town.
Did you really think it would stop at fixing up th old red building,that is his pizza place. You can't stop it. Call your local news station to cover the meeting. I used to live in the town years ago. Happy I moved to Middleburg.

Posted by: Clifton for BrewPub ()
Date: April 12, 2015 05:31PM

Whomever is saying the people of Clifton don't want the craft brewery is 100% wrong. I live in Clifton and ALL of my neighbors are FOR the brew pub. We are anxoiuusly awaiting the opening.

We will be at the meeting voicing our STRONG SUPPORT for the brew pub. It's about time. We're sick of driving to Ashburn for good craft brew places.

Posted by: DC Beer Supporting ()
Date: April 12, 2015 05:51PM

Looks liked http://www.dcbeer.com/ has picked up the story and a lot DC craft people are going to show up at the Clifton meeting. WOW!

Posted by: Vanilla Porter ()
Date: April 12, 2015 05:55PM

I hope they make a Vanilla Porter. Make with a coffee malt base.
Attachments:
poterder.jpg

Posted by: RG3 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 07:01PM

STRONG SUPPORT= LOUD MOUTH
Will you arrive in a helicopter

Posted by: Win Win for Clifton ()
Date: April 12, 2015 07:09PM

RG3 Wrote:
> STRONG SUPPORT= LOUD MOUTH
> Will you arrive in a helicopter

I'm strongly supporting the craft brewery. I am one of many Clifton residents. I am not associated with Loud Mouth craft brewery in any way. We have no idea why anybody would oppose the place.

Posted by: Aquifer running dry ()
Date: April 12, 2015 07:27PM

U.S Geological Survey Fact Sheet 103-03

November 2003

Ground-water depletion has been a concern for many years, but increased demands on our ground-water resources have overstressed aquifers in many areas of the Nation, not just in arid regions. In addition, ground-water depletion occurs at scales ranging from a single well to aquifer systems underlying several states. The extents of the resulting effects depend on several factors including pumpage and natural discharge rates, physical properties of the aquifer, and natural and human-induced recharge rates.

Ground-water use has many societal benefits. It is the source of drinking water for about half the nation and nearly all of the rural population, and it provides over 50 billion gallons per day in support of the Nation’s agricultural economy. Ground-water depletion, a term often defined as long-term water-level declines caused by sustained ground-water pumping, is a key issue associated with ground-water use. Many areas of the United States are experiencing ground-water depletion.

An aquifer can be compared to a bank account, and ground water occurring in an aquifer is analogous to the money in the account. Hydrologists refer to this type of accounting as a water budget. Ground water can be recharged (deposited) by infiltration from precipitation, surface water, or applied irrigation water; it can be kept in storage (saved); and it can be discharged naturally to streams, springs, or seeps, or transpired by plants (withdrawn). In a ground-water system prior to development, the system is in longterm equilibrium—discharge is equal to recharge, and the volume of water in storage remains relatively constant. Ground-water levels fluctuate in time over a relatively small, natural range. Once pumping begins, however, this equilibrium is changed and ground-water levels decline. Just as a bank account must be balanced, withdrawals from an aquifer by pumping must be balanced by some combination of increased recharge, decreased discharge, and removal from storage (or depletion). An inventory of ground-water levels in wells reflects the volume of water stored (or occurring) in the aquifer, and is analogous to a financial statement.
The volume of ground water in storage is decreasing in many areas of the United States in response to pumping. Ground-water depletion is primarily caused by sustained ground-water pumping. Some of the negative effects of ground-water depletion include increased pumping costs, deterioration of water quality, reduction of water in streams and lakes, or land subsidence. Such effects, while variable, happen to some degree with any ground-water use. As with other natural resources, society must weigh the benefits against the consequences of such use

Posted by: Michael Payne ()
Date: April 12, 2015 08:23PM

Anyone know if they'll be doing any barrel aging? Tried an El Gourdo (wild roasted pumpkin ale) while out on the west coast, Paso Robles, CA., visiting Firestone Walker Brewing Co. this past winter and it was amazing. 50% French oak/ 50% American oak. They hould probably collaborate with the winery down the road since they seem to know what they're doing too.

Posted by: DC Beer Fest ()
Date: April 12, 2015 08:41PM

Was at DC Beer Festival yesterday and Loud Mouth was there in a large tent booth thing. Couldn't miss them right next to Port City. I have to say, the beer was really really good. They were probably one of the better craft beers at the event. Got a chance to meet some of the key players, 3-4 owners, and they seemed like a great group of people. I for one am excited about this great addition to our community. The German Style-Maiboc was insanely good.

Posted by: Michael Payne 1 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 09:17PM

Bring it! Sounds awesome. Wish I new they'd be there and were already making beer. Would have loved to have tried the beer and meet the team.

Posted by: Awesome to Hear ()
Date: April 12, 2015 09:43PM

I'm glad Clifton was able to get them. At one point I think that land was going to be one of those county run high rise low cost apt buildings. Glad to see a craft brewery going in.

Posted by: PSW ()
Date: April 13, 2015 10:24AM

At the winery spoke with all the concerned citizens of Clifton, had input on design, environmental impact, etc, etc.

The one question all must ask is why this plan was done with such secrecy.

Why would anyone do something in secrecy? The answer is simple - Marcus knows the brewery would cause much controversy and doesn't give a fuck. He will try and get what he wants at the cost of others.

Posted by: baldeagle ()
Date: April 13, 2015 10:29AM

I live on Yates Ford Rd and I have seen a bald eagle fly in and out of that property before. Isn't it against the law to mess with the nesting area of a bald eagle?

Posted by: 125alive ()
Date: April 13, 2015 11:04AM

Calling this a farm brewery is insulting to people's intelligence. The ultimate plan is for a 250 person capacity event facility for weddings, business meetings, parties, etc. I have seen pics of the proposed building and it is huge. An impressive design but I can't think of a worse location as far as impact on traffic, local residents, and the watershed. The property is also surrounded by huge power lines and a cell phone tower so who wants to drink anything grown next to that??? VA SB430 has given these types of buisnesses a golden ticket to do whatever they want. There is a place in Virginia for these businesses-and I am a beer lover-but this is wrong on many levels. Only option I have been told to voice your complaint is to file an objection to their ABC license-use this link-only takes a minute.
https://www.abc.virginia.gov/enforcement/violation-complaint-form

Posted by: Shut up ()
Date: April 13, 2015 11:15AM

Just look on Braddock road to how many Churches Fairfax County allows in to be built. And yes on the water-shed. Because they have to allow the special permits. But if you want to build a house, they hold your feet to the fire.

Posted by: Shut up ()
Date: April 13, 2015 11:20AM

Wasn't a big county yellow sign posted on the land, to let the area know of such a large building?

Posted by: Gary the Drunken Stew Bum ()
Date: April 13, 2015 12:32PM

Hi Y'all. It's Gary with a message to all you aristocrat's living on Yate's Ford Rd.
I will be sponging beers at the new brewery once it's open. I'll drink as much as I can. If I still have my drivers licence then, I will make sure to crash through your shrubs and piss on your porch. If I'm walking I'll make sure to puke in visible site of your kids. Might even use some profanity like, "hey you little fuckers! What the fuck are you looking at? Never seen a grown man piss on a Lexus before?"
Anyways, looking forward to the brewery opening in your hood. I used to hang at Trummers until they banned me for ghosting on my bill. Now I usually drink Schlitz tall boys behind the general store and flash the touists at the ice cream joint next door.
I'll see ya around OK?

Posted by: shut upp ()
Date: April 13, 2015 12:33PM

No the big yellow sign wasn't required.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST BREWERIES.I ACTUALLY HAVE A SMALL BREWERY MYSELF AND I AM VERY ACTIVE IN THE BREWING COMMUNITY. I DONT LIKE PEOPLE MAKING A SMEAR TO OTHER BREWERS THOUGH AND GIVING US A BAD NAME.

I RESPECT PEOPLE WHO GET INTO THE INDUSTRY AND HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS FOR A REASON.LOOK AT THE WINERY, THE OWNERS ARE LOCAL CLIFTON RESIDENTS WHO WORK THERE FULL TIME AND ARE OUT INTERACTING WITH CUSTOMERS. THEY ARE OUT TRAVELING AROUND TO FIGURE OUT WAYS TO MAKE BETTER WINE AND A BETTER EXPERIENCE.

The issue

I did some google searches and spoke with local residents at Trummers. The person who is trying to open this establishment is just in this for the wrong reason: money. Plain and simple.

the person owns the following companies and maybe more -google cant find everything

Reilly construction Inc
Capital Roofing
Villagios
Little Villagios
K2C2 Contracting
Reilly Aviation Group
Loud Mouth Brewing

NOW HOW IS SOMEONE WHO OWNS SO MANY COMPANIES GOING TO STAY INVOLVED WITH THIS SMALL TOWN LOCAL CRAFT FARM BREWERY? HE WONT: HE IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY, WHICH IS ALL THE WRONG REASONS IN THE CRAFT BREWING COMMUNITY. WE WANT PEOPLE WHO WILL BE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL!

Date: April 13, 2015 01:00PM

I think this clip says it all.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxg0LRTHgAU

Posted by: CALL ABC ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:16PM

GC14054927-00 SILVA, MARCUS ANTHONY 05/09/2014 09:30 AM DRUNK IN PUBLIC
He goes by Loud Mouth....apparently true

Posted by: Exciting News! ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:31PM

Does anybody know where we can buy LOUD MOUTH beer now? My wife and I would love to try some.

Really looking forward to having Loud Mouth in Clifton. Glad to hear Clifton finally has their own micro brewery with craft beers. We are overjoyed at this announcement!

Posted by: Macus Silva ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:44PM

shut upp Wrote:
> No the big yellow sign wasn't required.
>
>
>
> I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST BREWERIES.I ACTUALLY HAVE A
> SMALL BREWERY MYSELF AND I AM VERY ACTIVE IN THE
> BREWING COMMUNITY. I DONT LIKE PEOPLE MAKING A
> SMEAR TO OTHER BREWERS THOUGH AND GIVING US A BAD
> NAME.
>
> I RESPECT PEOPLE WHO GET INTO THE INDUSTRY AND
> HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS FOR A REASON.LOOK AT THE
> WINERY, THE OWNERS ARE LOCAL CLIFTON RESIDENTS WHO
> WORK THERE FULL TIME AND ARE OUT INTERACTING WITH
> CUSTOMERS. THEY ARE OUT TRAVELING AROUND TO FIGURE
> OUT WAYS TO MAKE BETTER WINE AND A BETTER
> EXPERIENCE.
>
>
>
> The issue
>
> I did some google searches and spoke with local
> residents at Trummers. The person who is trying to
> open this establishment is just in this for the
> wrong reason: money. Plain and simple.
>
>
> the person owns the following companies and maybe
> more -google cant find everything
>
> Reilly construction Inc
> Capital Roofing
> Villagios
> Little Villagios
> K2C2 Contracting
> Reilly Aviation Group
> Loud Mouth Brewing
>
>
> NOW HOW IS SOMEONE WHO OWNS SO MANY COMPANIES
> GOING TO STAY INVOLVED WITH THIS SMALL TOWN LOCAL
> CRAFT FARM BREWERY? HE WONT: HE IS IN IT FOR THE
> MONEY, WHICH IS ALL THE WRONG REASONS IN THE CRAFT
> BREWING COMMUNITY. WE WANT PEOPLE WHO WILL BE IN
> IT FOR THE LONG HAUL!

I 100% agree with this ^. I dont give a fuck if they open a berwery or not in clifton. I just dont want a bewery owned by a pretentious fuck like Marcus Silva. Has anyone here been to the Villagios? Place does not fit in with Clifton. Place sucks, the pub is 100% better and thats saying something. Marcus isnt even from Virginia, hes from like NYC or something. He uses the system, he made all his money by starting a 8A contruction company bc hes like a 1/8th portuguese. The govt basically hands him contracts bc he is 8A.

He tore down 2 houses in clifton to build his one huge one on two lots next to the fire house without the towns approval. He owns at least 2 or 3 more across the street that he rents out. He tore down Jason Fadness's memorial tree that was next to the building Villagios is in.

He has Reilly Contruction, Capitol Roofing, K2 Contracting and the Villagios. He also has a sticker on his truck saying "My other car is a Cessna" (airplane he owns).

If this d bag opens a Brewery, I will fucking open one too.

Also looks like last year he was charged with drunk in public and paid a lawyer and got it dropped.

Here is his contact info-

Marcus Silva - 703-930-1580
msilva@reillyconstruction.com
msilva@capitolroofingusa.com
msilva@k2cg.com - (His newest one)

Posted by: Booking at Brewery? ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:57PM

125alive Wrote:
> The ultimate plan is for a
> 250 person capacity event facility for weddings,
> business meetings, parties, etc.

Sounds wonderful. Is there a site where we can go to pre-book events at the craft brewery? I would like the place for a company event.

Posted by: EVEN STEVEN ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:07PM

I 100% agree with this ^. I dont give a fuck if they open a berwery or not in clifton. I just dont want a bewery owned by a pretentious fuck like Marcus Silva. Has anyone here been to the Villagios? Place does not fit in with Clifton. Place sucks, the pub is 100% better and thats saying something. Marcus isnt even from Virginia, hes from like NYC or something. He uses the system, he made all his money by starting a 8A contruction company bc hes like a 1/8th portuguese. The govt basically hands him contracts bc he is 8A.

He tore down 2 houses in clifton to build his one huge one on two lots next to the fire house without the towns approval. He owns at least 2 or 3 more across the street that he rents out. He tore down Jason Fadness's memorial tree that was next to the building Villagios is in.

He has Reilly Contruction, Capitol Roofing, K2 Contracting and the Villagios. He also has a sticker on his truck saying "My other car is a Cessna" (airplane he owns).

If this d bag opens a Brewery, I will fucking open one too.

Also looks like last year he was charged with drunk in public and paid a lawyer and got it dropped.

Here is his contact info-

Marcus Silva - 703-930-1580
msilva@reillyconstruction.com
msilva@capitolroofingusa.com
msilva@k2cg.com - (His newest one)

Posted by: Wedding booking? ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:16PM

What do you think the cost will be to rent the place for a wedding? My fiance loves craft beer. Her father in law would absolutely go nuts over this idea for the reception. So cool!

Posted by: gary the perv ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:23PM

For those of you that want to enjoy a Loud Mouth-It is on Tap at Villagios. $8 a draft, had to grow our own hops. But don't eat the food, the bathroom up stairs is right over the part of the kitchen where they cook the food. The waste line is in full view right there. But don't worry cause the boys room is above and guys like Gary never miss there isn't any chance any of his pee drips onto your food.

Posted by: Tree Hugger Spotter ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:59PM

EVEN STEVEN Wrote:

> He tore down Jason Fadness's memorial tree that was
> next to the building Villagios is in.

Ok now we're getting some where. So this has nothing to do with Clifton getting a craft brewery. It's more about some crazy person upset that a tree was taken down.

Starting to make a lot sense. Sorry that some tree got cut down. You live in Northern VA, tree get cut down all the time. Deal with it.

Posted by: Thank You! ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:03PM

gary the perv Wrote:
> For those of you that want to enjoy a Loud
> Mouth-It is on Tap at Villagios. $8 a draft, had
> to grow our own hops. But don't eat the food, the
> bathroom up stairs is right over the part of the
> kitchen where they cook the food. The waste line
> is in full view right there. But don't worry
> cause the boys room is above and guys like Gary
> never miss there isn't any chance any of his pee
> drips onto your food.

Thanks. Checked out the menu at Villagios. Looks great. Wife and I heading out tonight to try the place.

Posted by: Clifton Cycle ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:28PM

The personal attacks here on the one owner is way way not cool and most likely untrue. If you don't like the idea of a craft brewery in FFX that's one thing but to smear a guys reputation because you don't like an idea is not cool. From the little that I do know about this craft beer place, the team, yes, a team is made up of more than the one owner (I think there are a few local Clifton investors as well) and they've put a lot of time and effort into doing this thing right.

Posted by: I can... ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:30PM

vouch for this douche nozzle. I dont drink pumpkin peach ale and I use Clifton as a cut through...so I have no dog in this fight but, I think he fits right in the small town of Cliftone(e added for effect).

Posted by: Spring Cleaning ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:31PM

This whole thread is ridiculous. Who gives a shit? Live and let live!!

Posted by: Thirsty 4 good beer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:40PM

So when are they opening? Looking forward to going there with friends. Hopefully they'll be open by xmas. Gift certificates? Is it a brew pub like Dogfish or a brewery? Who cares? Excited!

Posted by: PWC resident ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:44PM

Clifton is a cut through to PWC. Some things never change.

Posted by: Excited! ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:52PM

Thirsty 4 good beer Wrote:
> So when are they opening? Looking forward to going
> there with friends. Hopefully they'll be open by
> xmas. Gift certificates? Is it a brew pub like
> Dogfish or a brewery? Who cares? Excited!

+1

Posted by: attorney ()
Date: April 13, 2015 05:00PM

I agree with Clifton Cycle.

Have your opinions. Be as opinionated as you want on this forum but there's no need for personal attacks or fabrications. That's where I draw the line. I myself am not a fan of the brewery in Clifton and probably because I don't know enough about what it's all about but I do know one of the owners and the family and they're good people that have done a lot for Clifton and the community from improving old houses and buildings to the Clifton wine festival.

Tread lightly who ever you are; I see a defamation suit in your future.

IP addresses can't be hidden. You'll be discovered.

Posted by: attorney ()
Date: April 13, 2015 05:00PM

I agree with Clifton Cycle.

Have your opinions. Be as opinionated as you want on this forum but there's no need for personal attacks or fabrications. That's where I draw the line. I myself am not a fan of the brewery in Clifton and probably because I don't know enough about what it's all about but I do know one of the owners and the family and they're good people that have done a lot for Clifton and the community from improving old houses and buildings to the Clifton wine festival.

Tread lightly who ever you are; I see a defamation suit in your future.

IP addresses can't be hidden. You'll be discovered.

Posted by: Westyu ()
Date: April 13, 2015 05:10PM

This was in the Connection on Jason Fadness - http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2006/apr/13/family-friends-remember-cliftons-jason-fadness-21/

A 2002 graduate of Robinson Secondary School, Jason Fadness would have been 22 on Wednesday, April 12. But his life was cut short in an automobile crash in Reston, eight days earlier, around 2:15 a.m., while driving his Nissan 300ZX east on Baron Cameron Avenue near the intersection of Hunter Gate Way.

#According to Fairfax County Police, Jason Fadness lost control of the car, ran off the road and struck a guardrail, causing the vehicle to spin and cross over the median into the westbound lane of Baron Cameron. There, the Nissan was broadsided by a Honda Civic and caught on fire.

#"Jason's car burst into flames," said Arnold Fadness, Jason's grandfather. "They needed dental records to identify him." The Honda's driver, a 46-year-old Reston man, was in critical condition at Inova Fairfax Hospital.

#Police say initial investigation indicated Jason Fadness was "traveling at a high rate of speed" prior to the crash, and the investigation is ongoing. But Jason's grandfather disputes that. "His friends said Jason does not speed," he said. "They said that, because he'd had some speeding tickets in the past, he wouldn't speed anymore because he didn't want to jeopardize his driving privileges."

#Instead, Arnold Fadness believes Jason was "a little sleep-deprived and might have dozed off, hit the accelerator and ran into the guardrail. And that was the beginning of the end." Jeff Fadness agreed. He said his son was playing racquetball with a friend, the day before, until 3:30 a.m. and awoke Tuesday at 9 a.m., after just a few hours sleep.

#An avid Texas Hold 'Em player, Jason Fadness was getting ready to go play in a free poker tournament that night, for practice. So, said his dad, "If he was going somewhere else at 2:15 in the morning, he was probably going to another tournament. He wanted to learn as much as he could."

Posted by: Ford Focus ()
Date: April 13, 2015 05:35PM

Sitting in traffic now wishing they'd build a bypass right over Clifton to get me home to PWC faster. That would be cool.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: April 13, 2015 05:45PM

Hey Marcus, if you're out there and I doubt you are, but if you are, SUE the posters that posted your personal business out there or are making stuff up just for the hell of it. That's not right. You know who the good guys are and you know who the bad trolls are. You're a good man and you've done a lot for a lot of people with your success. If you are reading this nonsense, don't! Keep you're head up brother. But if I were you, find them and SUE them.

Posted by: truth hurts ()
Date: April 13, 2015 06:30PM

Have to sue Google, they are richer!

Posted by: Cliftonite ()
Date: April 14, 2015 12:10PM

Dont stop with just 1 e...go the distance. Cliftone Olde Towne.

Posted by: Macus Silva ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:46PM

Who wants to drive all the way out to Clifton anyways to go to a brewery? Why not put it somewhere closer to everything?

Posted by: mother nature ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:20PM

Ground-water depletion has been a concern for many years, don't mess with mother nature!

Posted by: I Would ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:28PM

Macus Silva Wrote:
> Who wants to drive all the way out to Clifton
> anyways to go to a brewery? Why not put it
> somewhere closer to everything?

I would diffidently travel out to a Clifton brewery for a weekend wedding reception, family reunion or business event at a craft brewery. Perfect setting with a wooded back drop.

Posted by: spelling bee ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:31PM

stay in Manassas

Posted by: Dean Wormer ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:58PM

spelling bee Wrote:
> stay in Manassas

"diffidently" stay in Manassas.

Posted by: Peyton Place ()
Date: April 15, 2015 11:59AM

My mom used to watch a show when I was a kid called Peyton Place mix that with her other show she watched called Dallas that would = what Clifton wants to be. It's really funny. What a strange group of people. The truth is 99 percent of us could care less about Clifton.

Posted by: Dream a little dream ()
Date: April 15, 2015 12:05PM

Wow, what drama. In Vienna, our artisanal craft brewery went through the permit and building process with absolutely no problems.

Just kidding.....

Posted by: Brew Festival ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:03PM

Well I guess if Capital Roofing sponsored the Wine Festival in Town we all know what to expect next.......Clifton Brew Festival!!!!!!!!

Well I guess if Villagios has a food trailer we all know how yet another loop hole will be taken advantage of...........food at the brewery!!!!!!!!

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERYTHING!!!!! FUCK PEOPLE!!!!!!

FOOD TRUCKS IN CLIFTON!!!!!!!!!! OR SHOULD I SAY TRAILERS

Posted by: Someone who actually knows ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:52PM

Charles Wrote:
> Hey Marcus, if you're out there and I doubt you
> are, but if you are, SUE the posters that posted
> your personal business out there or are making
> stuff up just for the hell of it. That's not
> right. You know who the good guys are and you
> know who the bad trolls are. You're a good man
> and you've done a lot for a lot of people with
> your success. If you are reading this nonsense,
> don't! Keep you're head up brother. But if I were
> you, find them and SUE them.

Charles...

Clearly you're one of the gullible wanna-be socialites in town, that thinks Marcus is God's gift to humanity because he offers you free meals at Villagio and pretends to be your best pal...

You are a very misguided soul. Everything that has been said about Marcus- exploitation, manipulation of the system, cutting down Jason Fadness' tree... it's all 100% true. Make claims about him when you've worked for or with one of his company's and experienced his shady, double-dealing business practices. He is a selfish, dishonest, greedy person with absolutely no moral scruples or integrity, and every one who ACTUALLY knows him... knows this. He's out PURELY to make money off of our town (a rare small town community where people LIVE) by exploiting what it has to offer until it's unique charm is used up and destroyed by commercialism and greedy people like himself.

The "sue them" thing is real cute, though.

Posted by: chucky ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:23PM

chucky, we are only trying to protect you. talk to sal,the brains behind villagios, he got used now we are all getting used

Posted by: Friendofsal ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:27PM

I don't have an opinion on the brewery or any of this personal nonsense.

What I do hope to the person who posted that it is a team of investors is this.

They should talk with sal in clifton or joe about how that team worked out.

Posted by: Friendofmarcus ()
Date: April 16, 2015 06:17PM

Are you referring to the Sal that embezzled millions from his partners and family and lost all his restaurants and home? And are you referring to the manager Joe that got fired for having indecent relations with an employee? Just wondering?

Posted by: Clifton Beer Festival ()
Date: April 16, 2015 06:20PM

Clifton Beer Festival! When? That sounds like a great idea!! Tell me-tell me!!

Posted by: Beer Festival ()
Date: April 16, 2015 06:29PM

Yea, really, NO SHIT! A beer festival in Clifton sounds AWESOME! Do it at the soccer fields though. Forget the wine festival. To hot in May and June when they do that anyhow. Do an October festival! DO IT!

Include 2 Stars Brewing, Flying Dog, Jailbreak Brewing, Lost Rhino, Old Ox and Port City.

DO IT!!!

Posted by: Beer Lovers ()
Date: April 16, 2015 06:30PM

Virginia is for beer lovers!

http://www.novabrewfest.com/fall

Posted by: sal ()
Date: April 16, 2015 06:57PM

Hey friend of Marcus,
He used them and then shit on them....he will do the same to you and to the people of Clifton.

Posted by: Great food ()
Date: April 16, 2015 08:23PM

I have always found Sal to be a nice guy. We love to go to his place to eat in Centreville. Great food.

Posted by: BestfriendofSal ()
Date: April 16, 2015 08:48PM

Friendofmarcus Wrote:
> Are you referring to the Sal that embezzled
> millions from his partners and family and lost all
> his restaurants and home? And are you referring to
> the manager Joe that got fired for having indecent
> relations with an employee? Just wondering?

No I am referring to the Sal that showed "You know who" the ropes of the restaurant business and all about flying planes. Once "you know who" learned the ins and outs of both industries he ditched him.

If anyone doesn't believe me go to look up ABC licenses in Clifton. One for the Villagio is for a company named Mario and Luigi LLC. Sals info was on the application, proving he was the one in charge teaching the ropes.

Posted by: Factual ()
Date: April 16, 2015 08:52PM

Small town jealousy being posted here about a good man. I can understand people opposing his plan but to attack his character? Totally wrong. The negative character posts are coming from a very few people who have a vendetta against him or are jealous of his success. Marcus is as far from greedy as an person I know. He does as much for this community as anyone and asks NOTHING in return. ANYONE who knows him knows these personal attacks are pure bullshit.

Posted by: Character ()
Date: April 16, 2015 09:26PM

Factual Wrote:
> Small town jealousy being posted here about a good
> man. I can understand people opposing his plan but
> to attack his character? Totally wrong. The
> negative character posts are coming from a very
> few people who have a vendetta against him or are
> jealous of his success. Marcus is as far from
> greedy as an person I know. He does as much for
> this community as anyone and asks NOTHING in
> return. ANYONE who knows him knows these personal
> attacks are pure bullshit.

If jealous of success we wouldn't live in clifton. Last I checked most in clifton are successful. Also if true we would have fought the Villagio. Instead we embraced it.

resoinse to your comment about Character:

Definition of Character: qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity

What does this say about the mans character?
He knew he was going to be doing this brewery in September 2014. Real good character to play a third graders game of hush hush with the local community instead of speaking with the community, gaining input, meeting with concerned citizens, coming up with plans to mitigate some of the worries, maybe downsizing a brewery that in will produce 50,330 gallons of waste water/week and will drink up 84,760 gallons of water/week.

Hopefully you are not up in a helicopter over clifton while you see this post because most faint at those numbers.

Don't legit farms squeeze as much out of the land as possible in order to get as much agricultural yield as possible? This is the first farm I have ever seen mulch walking paths taking up valuable agricultural land.

Please stop falling into the trap and get the information on your own on this industrial/commercial establishment before preaching what you are hearing from others. They may have an agenda......

Have you seen the show House of Cards??

Posted by: Factual ()
Date: April 16, 2015 10:11PM

He knew he was going to be doing this brewery in September 2014. Real good character to play a third graders game of hush hush with the local community instead of speaking with the community, gaining input, meeting with concerned citizens, coming up with plans to mitigate some of the worries, maybe downsizing a brewery that in will produce 50,330 gallons of waste water/week and will drink up 84,760 gallons of water/week.

Have you heard about the upcoming public meeting?? I'd say there's a 100% chance information will be provided about the waste water and other issues important to the community. I'll probably see you there. Until then, if you have any questions, maybe it's a good idea to talk to him personally about your concerns. Have you tried doing that? I'll always shake my head at public personal attacks simply because of differing points of view or a dislike of how something was handled.

Posted by: Salsotherfriend ()
Date: April 16, 2015 11:11PM

Factual Wrote:
> He knew he was going to be doing this brewery in
> September 2014. Real good character to play a
> third graders game of hush hush with the local
> community instead of speaking with the community,
> gaining input, meeting with concerned citizens,
> coming up with plans to mitigate some of the
> worries, maybe downsizing a brewery that in will
> produce 50,330 gallons of waste water/week and
> will drink up 84,760 gallons of water/week.
>
> Have you heard about the upcoming public meeting??
> I'd say there's a 100% chance information will be
> provided about the waste water and other issues
> important to the community. I'll probably see you
> there. Until then, if you have any questions,
> maybe it's a good idea to talk to him personally
> about your concerns. Have you tried doing that?
> I'll always shake my head at public personal
> attacks simply because of differing points of view
> or a dislike of how something was handled.

Hold a "public meeting" for community input and concerns once the drawings are complete, permit process has been started, and ABC license has been applied for?
Sounds backwards to me.
"I can resist anything, except temptation." - Oscar Wilde

I wonder if the answers to the questions at the Q&A will be in writing and signed?
People can say anything they want....especially if they have an agenda.

Have you seen the show House of Cards?

Posted by: The real issue ()
Date: April 17, 2015 10:09AM

While I wholeheartedly agree with most of what has been said about Marcus, mainly through my own personal interactions with him, I think the main issue is the town of Clifton itself. If you've got money to invest in landscaping the triangle, purchasing a new town sign, sponsor a wine festival, etc., your agenda is mostly likely to go through. I've seen it done over and over again. There is a clique in town who will decide your fate, whether it be in business or it be in popularity. That is the real problem. Does Marcus Silva ooze arogance- no question. For god sakes, his house has a blue roof-"hey look at me, Mr important over here". People who have the need to constantly be the center of attention are usually very insecure. Don't feed into his attention craving behavior. Does clifton really need yet another establishment at which the town lushes can get hammered, no. But, if the proper preceeded are followed (haha) and the law has not been broken, any business should be approved to opeeate. And as far as Clifton being a quaint little town, it is anything but. Marcus has had a agenda from the beginning, and look around folks...he's well on his way to accomplishing it. He's smart enough to know which puppet strings to pull.

Posted by: Margo Khosravi ()
Date: April 17, 2015 11:49AM

Not in Clifton. All water comes from wells.

Posted by: New ()
Date: April 17, 2015 12:03PM

My first post on this thread and just seeing it for first time.

This makes me upset. I think I now know what you at talking about this unethical person. I own a few food trucks in the area and my daughter runs in the clifton run every year. I have seen the villagio food trailer set up to serve food but no other vendors or competition. This is not right. I asked people and they said no permits or anything were required. Why would this person get special permission to be the only person allowed to sell food. It is very fishy and people in Clifton should research who operates the fun run in town and ask why he is allowed but no one else.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: April 17, 2015 12:52PM

Unfortunately, stereotypes (Cliftonites) and assumptions have made this an ugly battle. Agreeing with everyone and everything is impossible. . .no matter where you live or who you are. The character assassinations of not just one but several good men is horrifying! Clifton is a great community that can and will take care of it's own--even if we disagree. I didn't know about the brewery but I don't feel like anyone "owed" that to me. I will be at the meeting and get all of the information, voice my opinion and live with the decision--whether it's what I want or not. It is not life ending. The personal attacks are way out of hand!

Posted by: Good beer ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:22PM

Isnt' beer better for you then wine? What is the problem? Relax! Maybe even have a beer.

Posted by: Sharron ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:37PM

I think another problem that we need to consider is the dreaded beer belly? This could really be a problem. I wonder if Loudmouth will develop a low carb beer? My husband is a huge fan of Dogfish Head's 120-Minute IPA which contains more than 500 calories. Yikes!

Posted by: Water ()
Date: April 17, 2015 05:39PM

Good beer Wrote:
> Isnt' beer better for you then wine? What is the
> problem? Relax! Maybe even have a beer.

85,000 gallons of water off the Clifton aquifer through wells and 50,000 gallons of waste pumped into the ground a week.

I will have a beer just not from loud mouth it will taste like shit especially since the wells are directly over the waste drain fields.

Posted by: 120 IPA ()
Date: April 17, 2015 05:44PM

Sharron Wrote:
> I think another problem that we need to consider
> is the dreaded beer belly? This could really be a
> problem. I wonder if Loudmouth will develop a low
> carb beer? My husband is a huge fan of Dogfish
> Head's 120-Minute IPA which contains more than 500
> calories. Yikes!

You had me at Dogfish 120-minutes IPA. $15 dollars a bottle if you can find it some place. Only brew three times a year in a very small quantity and Hopheads by it all up quickly.

Posted by: richmonder ()
Date: April 17, 2015 08:13PM

It's a farm brewery. Read the state code. The winery bill, the farm brewery bill, the farm freedom bill....see the trend? Good luck fighting that. Thank your Va legislature that likes to take all authority away from local jurisdictions, the worst is yet to come.

Posted by: ZiggyD ()
Date: April 18, 2015 07:28AM

So Sweetwater, Gordon B. and other breweries in Fairfax County are on land zoned for and in fact priced for COMMERCIAL USE. This land is zoned "Residential Conservation 1DU/5AC". Essentially, this means that for the purposes of maintaining a low density of housing, you can maintain the property as dual use for either farming or residential. Marcus could have either subdivided this property and put 3 houses there or used it as a single property as is planned. The farm brewery law takes what was 'residential' area and allows for commercial activities. In fact, think about what it would cost to acquire 15 acres of commercial property in FFX? Any property in Clifton, Fairfax Station, Great Falls, etc. could be used in exactly the same manner. It could be a .5 acre lot that was grandfathered as a buildable valid lot and zoned RC 5 or it could be a 50 acre lot zoned RC. This is a slippery slope.

Date: April 18, 2015 07:40AM

Oh by the way. I received these attachments from a friend that show the scope of the plan as submitted to the FFX health department. They are planning to drill a well and develop the site in three phases. The third phase will leverage the onsite well to suck up an estimated (Marcus' numbers) 84,760 gallons of water EACH WEEK. The weekly waste water going back into the ground on the property is: 50,330 gallons each week for "brewing process" and 26,680 gallons for "toilets". I don't see how that won't impact the water availability of the residents and I don't see how that won't adversely impact the environment.

They also show expected weekend traffic of "900 vistors on Friday, 1500 visitors on Saturday, 1500 visitors on Sunday" and the associated cars, backups on Clifton and Yates Ford, Henderson, Kincheloe Rd., etc. If you cut through Clifton to go to work, it's going to slow you down too.
Attachments:
LoudMouthBreweryPlat.JPG

Date: April 18, 2015 08:00AM

Hey Factual --

I'm sure he's a good man, so I hope he proves me correct and modifies this plan to be more appropriate for the site and for the community in which he lives as a result of hearing the community concerns, not just because Fairfax County has no idea how to deal with something this large leveraging septic fields for waste management and will have to count on Richmond officials to approve the submitted information. And Phoebe, this isn't National Harbor and we don't want it to become National Harbor. If that's what you all want by bankrolling this venture, then move out and live down there. Can't you invest in another government building instead?

Yeah, there are a bunch of rich people around this area, but there are also a lot of us who have to get up every day and go to work to feed our families and educate our children.

I don't want my water supply impacted from this venture; I don't want to have stoplights and turn lanes added to this rural community against the original intentions of the zoning laws; I don't want to worry about my children being killed by a whole new fleet of drunk drivers racing through the town and surrounding areas; I don't want to worry about my neighbors selling their house and a new business moves in next door. These are all realities as a result of this venture and our elected officials need to address them.

Posted by: Brewer12345 ()
Date: April 18, 2015 09:35AM

Hahaha I knew this place was a scam.

Looks like the man really cares about farming. He hardly has any crop areas. Making a mockery out of legit farms and farm brewerys.

Count me out. O yea I'm from Gainesville.

Date: April 18, 2015 10:32AM

I hope people wake up to this. This is not a town of clifton issue! If your neighbors property is zoned RC (residential conservation) it could be turned into a "farm brewery" and there is nothing you can do about it! This law is a giant loophole to allow developers into a protected area. Speak up!

Posted by: maddog ()
Date: April 18, 2015 12:05PM

Did Marcus Silva get a zoning waiver from the county for this commercial property in R-1 zoning district?

Posted by: maddog ()
Date: April 18, 2015 12:08PM

Request those adults on this forum be civil. You're not 17 any more. Grow up.

Posted by: DrBeede ()
Date: April 18, 2015 01:33PM

As a newer resident, I'm tired of seeing Clifton fight these fights (over the winery, the elementary school, the new gas line) the same way every time and lose. It just leaves us weaker for the next fight. I understand the high emotions but it just isn't effective.

May I suggest the best way to win this one is to work with the county to find an even better location for a craft brewery from a business POV? I'm specifially think of the area undergoing a massive redevelopment on the grounds of the old Lorton Prison.

If you're going to fight on facts such as those given above, make sure you're right. First, as I beer lover, I know that the closest brewery to my house is 20 min. and the closest brewpub (restaurant and brewery) is 30 minutes. This general area is underserved. I've been dreaming of a good brewpub opening up nearby since we moved here.

By the same token, if you really think a craft brewery will drain the local acquifers, or create drunken drivers, you better be able to show it. Otherwise the community loses credibility, leaving us in a weaker position not just in this fight but for the next one too.

Posted by: Bluebelle ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:11AM

The triangle renovations and new town sign have nothing to do with this brewery issue. They are part of a greater effort on behalf of many town residents to develop and raise money for street improvements in town to genuinely benefit the town. This process has been years in the making, and been subject to rigorous scrutiny. The street improvements involve sidewalks, lighting, and certain traffic calming measures, making it safer for pedestrians. The money for this project has been secured through grants from the state, and money raised from the greater Clifton community through annual fundraisers. The town council doesn't respond to how much money you have to throw around. It's a group of volunteers who address the difficult and boring issues of handling town business for the good of their neighbors, and greater community.

Posted by: Why ()
Date: April 19, 2015 11:30AM

Isn't Fairfax County and the State in charge. When you buy a house in Clifton is it like an HOA. Or is just a group of people why try to be in charge. The county pumps the tanks out. The county and state do the roads. I just want to know about the town council. Can they sue you if they hate the color of your house? Or they hate your fence.

Date: April 19, 2015 04:22PM

THE BREWERY WILL NOT BE IN THE TOWN OF CLIFTON!!!! The proposed location is less than a mile away but its outside town limits so the town council has no control over it. And because of the law VA SB430 (I urge you to look it up) passed last year Faifax County has almost no control-in fact no one seems to have any control. If you live within the old Clifton ES boundaries this impacts you most directly. You could be living next to a "farm" brewery in a few months and there is nothing you can do about it. And if you live in Northern virginia and appreciate having clean drinking water this should matter to you too because if Clifton becomes overdeveloped the watershed will be put at risk. So let me say it one more time since so many people do not seem to understand.....THE BREWERY WILL NOT BE IN THE TOWN OF CLIFTON!

Posted by: Awesome! ()
Date: April 19, 2015 07:58PM

Can't wait for the new brewery. Very exciting news!

Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.