HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
John Cook is in Trouble
Posted by: Meanine Jartin ()
Date: March 27, 2015 10:58AM

John Cook has Republican bloggers calling him out on his and Fairfax County Republican Committee's gaffe earlier this week.

http://thebullelephant.com/big-problems-for-republicans-in-fairfax-county/

"Another problem for Fairfax Republicans was created earlier this week when the Fairfax Republican Committee twitter page referred to Janet Oleszek, Democratic candidate for Supervisor in Braddock, as a troll. That’s just wrong. We should not be reduced to name calling. Janet Oleszek is a very nice lady who should never be called a troll, or any other name. In 2007 Oleszek, a former school board member, ran in Braddock against John Cook and lost by a mere 371 votes."

When true Republican activists won't support you, what is left?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John Cook is in Trouble
Posted by: Bull Droppings ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:30PM

The Bull Elephant team includes Steve Albertson, Jeanine Martin, Jamie Radtke, Brian Reynolds, and Paul Prados.

Who are they and does anyone listen to them?

Maybe Brian S. can enlighten us on their agenda.

Posted by: Dwokkity Dwok DWokk ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:34PM

Janet O IS a nice lady, and she's pretty smart. She's not a great public speaker; never has been. Cook's not a right-wing loony, and if he is, he hides it well, and has a base of support in Kings Park that Republicans don't ordinarily have.

Should be pretty close.

Posted by: Oh no not her again ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:51PM

Jeanine Martin, self-proclaimed Lovettsville Lady, claims to be a Republican activist for 20 years with many areas of interest including smaller government, fewer laws restricting our freedoms, and education, particularly school choice and gifted education.

"I lived in Fairfax County for a couple of decades and now live in the wilds of western Loudoun where I am active in Loudoun County Republican Committee while supporting conservative candidates for local and national office. I am also my kids' mom (the best job I ever had) and married to a very tolerant and patient man."

Self-exiled to Loudoun County, where they don't want her, so she is trying to inject herself into Fairfax politics.

Jeanine Martin and Janet Oleszek are cut from the same cloth.

Posted by: Close Race ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:55PM

The reelection of John Cook may be a close race, only because 60% of the Braddock District identify themselves as Democrats.

All John Cook has going for him is years of service in the community, taking care of the needs of his constituents, and being one of the more insightful members on the Board of Supervisors.

Posted by: What did Janet do? ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:57PM

Dwokkity Dwok DWokk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Janet O IS a nice lady, and she's pretty smart.

Care to back that up with a few examples of her work over the past three years?

Posted by: About Jamie Radke ()
Date: March 27, 2015 01:02PM

"Jamie Radtke is not a victim. She’s a candidate. And clearly a bad one at that."

Her claim to fame is that years ago she lost to George Allen and was never respected again.

Posted by: Whaaaat? ()
Date: March 27, 2015 01:09PM

Dems could not find anyone else to run against John Cook? Recycling Janet Oleszek does not seem like a good use of their money or time.

Posted by: Olley ()
Date: March 27, 2015 01:16PM

Who was the Oleszek supporter who noticed the remark and trumpeted it as offensive to his 6,332 followers and to the Washington Post?

Posted by: Maybe this Guy ()
Date: March 27, 2015 01:20PM

Antonio Olivo covers government, politics and other regional issues in Fairfax County for the Washington Post. He became a journalist in 1995, and has worked in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago before joining the Post in September of 2013.

Antonio was born and raised in Huntington Park, CA, and is a lifelong Democrat.

Posted by: Trollster ()
Date: March 29, 2015 09:41PM

"Maybe this guy" is right. Read the latest excuse for an article from Antonio Olivo. I vote for who is best for the job

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/as-fairfax-grows-more-diverse-candidates-for-office-mostly-dont/2015/03/29/9095abe0-d47e-11e4-a62f-ee745911a4ff_story.html

Posted by: u3yWG ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:25PM

democrats have not only been pumping counterfeit money to DC tv stations and WTOP

but have also funded spanish and arab radio stations: which at times play coded messages the FCC cannot decode - on a regular basis

------------------------------
due to the power of counterfeiting and law allowing gov to "grant funds" to local medial

i introduce a law that only political parties that ARE NOT IN CONTOROL can fund media except for election advertisement cycle

---------------------------
the old laws allowing the government to fund TV and Radio as a public service - which also releives china from paying for commericals

has lead to a full on facist media news outage and continual threats from the political wealthy against anyone who questions their "accounting"

that time is past

outlaw any sitting government from having ANY KIND OF CONTROL over government moneys going to the media

and when media is all jewish owned democrat bullshit: they should get ZERO public funding

they are a fucking pain in my ass why should any of my money be used to keep them on the air ?

rather i should buy a high voltage tube and at times broadcast my unbiased story on two sides of current issues

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.