HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ASAP 3rd Party Substance Abuse Evaluation Recommendations
Posted by: million21shotdoc ()
Date: March 24, 2015 06:25PM

Here's the deal:

>Got a DUI.
>Was .05 over.
>Second DUI--last one was 9 years ago, just a few months shy of it being erased from my record.
>5 days in Jail. FML
>Have a good job and generally not a fuckup so the ASAP P.O. says she is trying to find a way to avoid, but apparently, because 2nd in 10 years, have to go through a substance abuse evaluation to see if I need intensive, expensive therapy.
>Gives me list of approved counseling services. Pick one close to my house. Granato Counseling Services.
>Call up to make an appointment. $130 bones. Only accepts cash (should have been my first clue).
>Pay. Sit for eval. Explain I'm a light social drinker mostly on weekends. Doesn't affect my life. Never missed work. Take uber now. yada yada.
>Get 3rd degree. Basically tells me she's gonna recommend pound me in the ass treatment. Says because of second DUI I have to.
>Calmly say "Oh? I though the whole reason this was required is to make a determination because of second DUI--if it's de facto, whats the point of the eval?"
>She gets very terse. Becomes clear the financial bias has colored her decision to make me do the full 9.

So does anyone know of an honest counseling service in the NOVA area?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ASAP 3rd Party Substance Abuse Evaluation Recommendations
Posted by: million21shotdoc ()
Date: March 24, 2015 06:29PM

>Was .005 over**

Posted by: Durf1635272(/6 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 07:14PM

Your ass belongs in AA. Nobody gets two DWIs that doesn't have a problem, sorry. The whole social drinker, never missed work, etc. is just denial.

Posted by: Question Nark ()
Date: March 24, 2015 08:46PM

Why did you get pulled over?

Posted by: good questions ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:08PM

My GF got multiple DUIs and can't afford to spend time/cash on expensive treatment. She stopped drinking on her own, but is there a 3rd party evaluator that is more likely to recognize that?

Posted by: drunk ()
Date: March 26, 2015 09:50PM

Lots of people get a DUI. Only stupid motherfuckers get a second DUI.

Posted by: Happy O'Hara ()
Date: March 26, 2015 09:57PM

I have driven drunk for years without getting pulled over. Sorry about your problem with alcohol. Me, I'm fine.

Posted by: thatguy12 ()
Date: April 09, 2015 10:49PM

ASAP has contracts with the people that run the intensive treatment counseling centers. 50% of everyone that is in ASAP is in the most intensive ($$$) treatment option.

You blow over .15 on a first and/or get a second DUI and you automatically signed yourself up for the most intensive treatment option. You are right in that your intake with the counselor was a formality because ASAP requires her to put anyone on a 2nd DUI into treatment. You can go to a different treatment center, but the result will be the same bceause they are all bound by the contracts.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:34AM

I don't have the same scorn as others for it being your 2nd DUI. I have skated and lucked out so many times but there were 2 times I definitely shouldn't have been driving. Still no one got hurt, pure luck.

The good thing about going to AA is all the coffee you can drink, all the cigs you can smoke, and you stand a good chance of getting laid. Dysfunctional sex is the best. When it comes time to ''share'' just make stuff up, borrow stories from your friends who aren't in the meeting. Don't be afraid to take the edge off before the meeting ... AA is a great place to score prescription drugs... because the group leader can't report to THE MAN because of confidentiality.

Sorry you got caught, and it's not the DUI twice that bothers me, it's the getting caught twice. THAT should be your wake-up call.

Posted by: Everyone has a different 'bottom ()
Date: April 10, 2015 12:17PM

If you were caught 2 times I can only imagine how many times you were not caught. Should we multiply that times a Fri and Sat night for ten years - 1000 times. Now take that and double it because heavy drinkers usually estimate by half what they actually drink. So you are on the road drunk a couple hundred times a year and you are a 'social drinker.' Now you are taking Uber.

You are pretty lucky you didnt hurt yourself or someone else. Everyone has a different 'bottom' and it doesnt sound to me like 5 days in county lock-up and losing your license is your bottom. But you dont have to live like this. Look up 'Area 71' for meetings in the FFX area. Tell the group exactly what you said here and you will get some pretty awesome support and definitely be in a group well versed in which treatment center is the best. What do you have to lose? Asking randoms here is a start but you are not going to get the information you are looking for as quickly (if at all).

Good luck, dont drink today if you can manage. Get to some meetings.

Posted by: parole officer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 12:26PM

...you have a parole officer but no problem - got it.

Posted by: NynbM ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:40PM

Explain I'm a light social drinker mostly on weekends. Doesn't affect my life. Never missed work.

1. Sounds like drinking is affecting your life to me. You didnt go to the evaluation because you wanted to you were ordered to.

2. 'Never missed work.' Unless you are a crab fisherman or pro golfer, you missed some work being in jail for 5 days so that is a lie.

3. You blame the evaluation professional for 'financial bias;' true or not you do realize YOU are responsible for ALL of this not her. Did you consider the fact that she saw through your lie about missing work and your lie about how drinking doesnt affect your life (except for arrests, sky-high insurance, loss of right to drive, oh and the fact that you were ordered to seek an evaluation)? Had you gone in stating how many AA meetings you were going to each day (with signed notes confirming same) and that you had a sponsor and that you recognized its not normal to go to jail for drunk driving perhaps she would have waved the treatment. She is doing you a favor.

4. You sound like you will do anything to avoid giving up your best friend alcohol. Jail, money, treatments, no driver's license. And yet you tell us alcohol is not a big deal for you right?

Posted by: last night? ()
Date: April 11, 2015 09:09AM

do your 'social drinking' last night?

Posted by: VAisprettyterrible ()
Date: April 11, 2015 09:18AM

Court-ordered treatment is big business. A friend of mine works for "Rehab After Work" INCORPORATED. I'm not saying you do or don't have a problem, but they don't care either way. You're getting treated there.

It's better than 90 days in jail and DWI are noone's fault but your own. I went through it, I know.

Posted by: booZiEthEclOwN ()
Date: April 11, 2015 09:26AM

Daily attendance at AA is free and, with proof of attendance, it goes a long way with courts and doctors. Alcoholism is a truly hopeless condition unless the afflicted wants to stop. OP is still negotiating so he/she can keep drinking booze. Eventually op will die, or kill someone else or be homeless. Losing a license and paying 000's for treatment is only the very beginning for this person.

Posted by: update? ()
Date: April 12, 2015 02:22PM

update?

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ()
Date: April 12, 2015 02:42PM

The OP needs to get a new hobby - This one isn't working for him anymore.

Posted by: drunk ()
Date: April 12, 2015 08:19PM

If you have health insurance, see if they offer substance abuse treatment. It will still be a pain in the ass but you are better off if the ASAP crooks are not involved with your "treatment".

I have a friend that blew .22 but went to Kaiser's (his insurance) treatment. I'm sure ASAP didn't like that but apparently they can't force you to go to their buddies if you have a bona-fide alternative.

Posted by: trust me ()
Date: April 12, 2015 10:18PM

million21shotdoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the deal:
>
> >Got a DUI.
> >Was .05 over.
> >Second DUI--last one was 9 years ago, just a few
> months shy of it being erased from my record.
> >5 days in Jail. FML
> >Have a good job and generally not a fuckup so the
> ASAP P.O. says she is trying to find a way to
> avoid, but apparently, because 2nd in 10 years,
> have to go through a substance abuse evaluation to
> see if I need intensive, expensive therapy.
> >Gives me list of approved counseling services.
> Pick one close to my house. Granato Counseling
> Services.
> >Call up to make an appointment. $130 bones. Only
> accepts cash (should have been my first clue).
> >Pay. Sit for eval. Explain I'm a light social
> drinker mostly on weekends. Doesn't affect my
> life. Never missed work. Take uber now. yada yada.
>
> >Get 3rd degree. Basically tells me she's gonna
> recommend pound me in the ass treatment. Says
> because of second DUI I have to.
> >Calmly say "Oh? I though the whole reason this
> was required is to make a determination because of
> second DUI--if it's de facto, whats the point of
> the eval?"
> >She gets very terse. Becomes clear the financial
> bias has colored her decision to make me do the
> full 9.
>
> So does anyone know of an honest counseling
> service in the NOVA area?
>
> Thanks

Dr. Eduardo Paez in Fairfax.

Cheap. Group sessions at night time about an hour long. DONT admit to drinking, even if you have, during the sessions. You'll go around in a group of ten or so, talk about your week and what you are doing to keep your mind off of drinking, and that's it. He'll try to get you to admit to drinking, don't admit it cause he will report it to the county, even just one beer.

You're welcome.

Posted by: do it on your own ()
Date: April 14, 2015 09:24AM

why not just stop drinking? See if you can stay dry for 1000 days with no slips. My bet is you cannot do it on your own. If not get help

Posted by: yeah right ()
Date: April 14, 2015 10:26AM

do it on your own Wrote:
> why not just stop drinking? See if you can stay
> dry for 1000 days with no slips. My bet is you
> cannot do it on your own. If not get help

Oh yeah, ASAP will go for that. Just tell 'em you "did it on your own". Yep, that'll work.

Posted by: you a muzzie?! ()
Date: April 14, 2015 10:27AM

do it on your own Wrote:
> why not just stop drinking? See if you can stay
> dry for 1000 days with no slips. My bet is you
> cannot do it on your own. If not get help

1,000 days?! Fuck that, 30 days is plenty.

Posted by: Bottoms Up ()
Date: April 14, 2015 10:53AM

you a muzzie?! Wrote:
> do it on your own Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > why not just stop drinking? See if you can
> stay
> > dry for 1000 days with no slips. My bet is you
> > cannot do it on your own. If not get help
>
>
> 1,000 days?! Fuck that, 30 days is plenty.

I have been clean and sober since May 17,1999 - Went to 90 meetings in 90 days.

Try AA - It works if you work it.

About 5800 days and counting - One day at a time.

Posted by: Bunny ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:29PM

To Bottoms Up

Congrats on your sobriety.Every day I wake up and say I'm going to stop today...Can't seem to make it more than a few days but I'm going tokeep trying!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.