HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Legal Insider: Are You in the Wrong Federal Retirement System?
Posted by: an employment and labor law firm ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:02PM

The Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act (FERCCA) was enacted in September 2000 and designed to provide relief to federal civilian employees who were placed in the wrong federal retirement system for at least three years of service after Dec. 31, 1986.

Typically, FERCCA errors arise when a federal employee experiences a break in service, especially during the mid-1980s when the Federal Employees Retirement Systems (FERS) plan was created. In some cases, FERCCA has provided federal employees and annuitants placed in the wrong federal retirement system with the opportunity to choose between FERS and the offset provisions contained within the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Legal Insider: Are You in the Wrong Federal Retirement System?
Posted by: 7KxLU ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:04PM

my legal advice to any retired federal employee

who is approached and told there are "many retirement systems of the federal gov, the one i use has cash and the one yours is in is bankrupted"

i STRONGLY urge you to consider the person a con-man, or a foreing financial terrorist

either shoot them or bring them to court

i prefer they get shot

Posted by: 4GjUx ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:05PM

Crime, Attendance Down at Shamrock Bar Crawl

Some 3,700 people participated in Saturday’s Shamrock Crawl, an annual St. Patrick’s Day-themed bar crawl in Clarendon, according to police. That’s down from nearly 5,000 attendees for last year’s crawl. Unlike last year, however, this

Posted by: d99pw ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:06PM

Del. Joe Morrisey told media outlets over the weekend that he plans to challenge Petersburg Sen. Rosalyn R. Dance in the Democratic primary in June. He says he will be able to accomplish more in the Senate.

Morrissey won re-election to his Richmond-area House seat in a January special election. He had resigned the seat after he was convicted in December 2014 of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

The 57-year-old Morrissey was released from jail earlier this month after completing his sentence. He still faces felony charges of fabricating a document in the original case. He has denied wrongdoing.

Posted by: ejMkW ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:09PM

===================

IM SO SURE WTOP

what document? let's see the fucking thing ?

just a lot of democrat blogging, WTOP,

but they are continually spewing threats of government used against law abiding civilians and gov ignoring anyone who comaplsin

containually advertising gov owns things it doesn't or has rights to sell things it wasn't supposed to

and worse: they are getting paid for their lying , biased , government monologue blogging

Posted by: Pephj ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:10PM

Attachments:
img.jpeg

Posted by: Jk7Y9 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:11PM

my feelings are: WTOP. get your lying little ass OUT

Posted by: Michael Duceatt ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:17PM

Might you know how OPM, the controlling federal agency for Federal Retirement, was able to extricate itself from enforcement of F.E.R.C.C.A.?

Additionaly, I have been searching for all things FERCCA for a couple of years with very little success. Is there some big secret regarding FERCCA I am not privy to?

My agency has gone so far as to eliminate any mention of "FERCCA" from their agency manuals.

Further, the agency has removed any communication regarding my claim, made several times, to be a FERCCA candidate from my Official Personnel File.

Thank you for your assistance with these questions.

Sincerely,

Mike

P.S. If possible, might you know someone, anyone that might provide guidance.

Posted by: Retirement Counselor ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:59PM

First, sven, take your meds.

This affects so few feds nowadays that it's basically pointless...maybe a couple hundred in the entire county tops. Just mentioning FERCCA only confuses people, especially long-time feds. And to be honest, if you're over 50 and don't know which federal retirement system you're in by now, do us all a favor and quit.

Posted by: VjhpP ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:25AM

there are now several Federal Retirement systems

many run by niggas in DC

NONE OF THEM with a traceable line of accountability

any of them may dissapear with federal excuses of non-payment

my advice is that sending money to a fly-by federal office which will disssapear and point the debt on the the larger federal government saying "the funds are depleated but should be covered by law"

is not a wise choice if you plan to get your money as promised

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.