HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fine Whines of Fairfax- Stay at home mom vineyard
Posted by: vintage ()
Date: March 02, 2015 06:17AM

Ok everyone! Another school closing means that stay at homes will actually have to do something today- and you know they don't like that at all. What is your favorite stay at home mom whine? I will start with two:
1. "What about all those kids on free and reduced lunch who won't get meals today?" Ahhh! This is a good one! Hiding your selfish desire for alone time behind the mask of altruism! Nice! Of course, should those same children be forced to walk or ride the bus to school and there was a severe accident they wouldn't be around to eat ANY meals, but why bother with facts? When you use this argument, you and the girls can pretend you are genuinely concerned for others. Of course, that magnanimous attitude goes out the window when your kids go back to school. Since you don't do anything all day, you could volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter on a daily basis, but my bet is your charitable nature will abandon you when you're kids go back to school tomorrow. It will be back to Starbucks and soap operas!
2. "Being a stay at home is a full time job. I can't get all my work done!". Ok, if you have a baby or old-school aged toddler at home, perhaps that is true. However if all your kids are normally in school all day, you know, and your spouse knows, and the rest of the world knows, that that line is buckshot. If you really do feel that way consider how the rest of us who actually work and then have to come home and do all the same shit thAt you do feel! I guess we have TWO full time jobs then!
Enjoy your day with the kids!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fine Whines of Fairfax- Stay at home mom vineyard
Posted by: mommy dearest ()
Date: March 02, 2015 08:21AM

I slept in until 8 am, and the kids are all still asleep and hubby is at work. Nothing to complain about here.

Re: Fine Whines of Fairfax- Stay at home mom vineyard
Posted by: Vienna Mom ()
Date: March 02, 2015 10:44AM

I keep my kids doped up with cough syrup...they sleep the whole damn day...no problems, except they seem to have trouble breathing, until I slap them around a little bit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.