HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FOIA REQUEST PROBLEMS
Posted by: TAX PAYER1 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 12:16PM

I asked them for the Salaries Request for "ALL EMPLOYEES"
His going to tell me that NO ONE asked for a "salaries" request yet? Why do people think is so bad to ask them for the salaries ?

Mr. Hall,
I will check and see if there is a cost to producing such a list.

Wayde B. Byard
Public Information Officer
Loudoun County Public Schools
571-252-1040
Wayde.Byard@lcps.org

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FOIA REQUEST PROBLEMS
Posted by: NewHorizon ()
Date: February 27, 2015 03:11PM

It's hard for me to understand your question.

But - with restrictions - they're allowed to receive reasonable payment to cover their (well, taxpayer's, really) costs for honoring your request - a request which appears to cover an extensive amount of data.

You're not being penalized for a "bad" request. They're just covering their costs as permitted by law.

By advising you what he's doing and that there might be a cost involved, I think Mr. Byard is being extremely reasonable.

If you change your mind, you can certainly withdraw your FOIA request. But you may want to do it quickly before they incur costs that you'd rather not pay.

Posted by: on the cheap ()
Date: February 27, 2015 03:34PM

There should not be much cost to this. All that is involved is hitting a button to have all salaries pop up and put them on a disc and mail it to you. Or they can email it to you. They don't have to redact anything. It is all public information.

If you want to limit the amount of information, you can ask for only specific salary ranges, job titles, etc.

Posted by: Tax Payer1 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 03:47PM

I drove all way to Ashburn to talk to his secretary and an hour later he send me. Smart guy tho he only send me the "teachers" salaries and not his...Will someone help me and asked him for the salaries Request for ALL employees
-------------------------------------------------------
> There should not be much cost to this. All that is
> involved is hitting a button to have all salaries
> pop up and put them on a disc and mail it to you.
> Or they can email it to you. They don't have to
> redact anything. It is all public information.
>
> If you want to limit the amount of information,
> you can ask for only specific salary ranges, job
> titles, etc.

Posted by: been there before ()
Date: February 27, 2015 03:56PM

You just tell him you want the entire list for every single employee that the school system pays. It is that simple. He has 12 working days to produce it. You also have the right to walk into the office and ask to see it, but that gets to be problematic if certain people aren't in the office. Plus, you have to drive over there.

If you don't want email or disc he can do a paper copy and mail it to you.

Do not accept "no" for an answer. He does have 12 days to get it to you, though.

Posted by: Tax Payer1 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:28PM

Thanks you I did. Everyone wants me to posted on here?

Posted by: this is fairfax ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:44PM

This is Fairfax. Try the Loudoun forum.

Posted by: Ed Malpractice ()
Date: February 28, 2015 05:05PM

I can only assume by the poor grammar and confusing syntax that the OP is going to file suit against everyone in the Loudoun school system for educational malpractice.

Posted by: Lozerrr ()
Date: March 01, 2015 09:20AM

I hope that employee comes and posts your email here. Assuming that's not fabricated, what kind of basement dwelling loser are you? First this has nothing to do with Fairfax County. My guess is you have seen the old threads with salaries posted by morons here. Now you think you'd be some kind of cool here if you get the information for Loudon County? Second you act like there's a spreadsheet for all county employees salary just sitting around. What an idiot.

I think we should FOIA request who your stupid ass is and posted it here. I hope they never send you anything and just make fun of you instead. You loser.

Posted by: Fuck Nutz ()
Date: March 01, 2015 09:22AM

Tax Payer1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks you I did. Everyone wants me to posted on
> here?

post the allowance your mom gives you shithead

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.