HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can a Blogger Run for Office? Can Brian Schoeneman?
Posted by: BrassTacks ()
Date: February 26, 2015 11:25PM

Brian Schoeneman is running for office in Sully District as a republican. He has blogged for years so everyone knows his views on everything.We all know he's smarter than everyone and he knows everything. We know he hates conservatives and Tea Party people who want lower taxes and less government interference. He works for a union and doesn't like Governor Scott Walker.He blogs so we know every thought that has ever entered his huge brain. Now another blogger is asking the pertinent question, "Can a Blogger run for office"? Brian's nasty supporters make comments. Read it all here,http://www.bvbl.net/index.php/2015/02/25/so-you-think-you-can-run-for-office/
Can an arrogant, nasty, blogger run for office and not expect voters to learn all about him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can a Blogger Run for Office? Can Brian Schoeneman?
Posted by: LdHHv ()
Date: February 26, 2015 11:36PM

So in other words you wrote a snarky blog post and want us to read it.

Date: February 27, 2015 12:52AM

No. I am not a blogger. I did not write it but it is very interesting.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: February 27, 2015 06:55AM

Everybody here knows me. I was a blogger when I ran in 2011, so the answer to that question is obviously yes.

I don't hate conservatives, I'm in favor of lower taxes and less government interference.

I do work for a union, I do not support Scott Walker but I don't hate him, and I blogged because I enjoy sharing my perspective with people who like to read it.

I have yet to see anybody complaining about any of my stances on the issues in this campaign, just these personal attacks. Nobody cares if you don't like me, including me. The voters care about issues, not this petty nonsense.

Posted by: Enough ()
Date: February 27, 2015 07:21AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everybody here knows me. I was a blogger when I
> ran in 2011, so the answer to that question is
> obviously yes.
>
>
> I don't hate conservatives, I'm in favor of lower
> taxes and less government interference.
>
> I do work for a union, I do not support Scott
> Walker but I don't hate him, and I blogged because
> I enjoy sharing my perspective with people who
> like to read it.
>
> I have yet to see anybody complaining about any of
> my stances on the issues in this campaign, just
> these personal attacks. Nobody cares if you don't
> like me, including me. The voters care about
> issues, not this petty nonsense.

I want the BoS to stop pandering to illegal aliens and send them elsewhere.
This is NOT petty nonsense.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:48AM

Enough Wrote:

> I want the BoS to stop pandering to illegal aliens
> and send them elsewhere.
> This is NOT petty nonsense.

That's an actual issue, not complaining that I engage with people online. You're right, it's not nonsense.

You can learn more about my position on immigration on my website, brianforsupervisor.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 07:49AM by BrianSchoeneman.

Posted by: Good luck Brian ()
Date: February 27, 2015 07:53AM

I like your attitude. I don't live in your area, so I can't vote for you. "I don't care if you don't like me." My words exactly. I stand on principles. If you don't like my principles and prefer to wander through life doing things I consider strange or inappropriate, then I don't care if you don't like me. I don't care for you, either. I don't believe in being something I am not in order to get somebody to like me.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:55AM

Even if you can't vote, you can still help - brianforsupervisor.com/donate

As for these guys, they keep forgetting what I told them a while ago - the more attention they give me, the stronger I get.

Posted by: Good luck Brian ()
Date: February 27, 2015 07:57AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Even if you can't vote, you can still help -
> brianforsupervisor.com/donate
>
> As for these guys, they keep forgetting what I
> told them a while ago - the more attention they
> give me, the stronger I get.

Sounds familiar. That also applies to when you are being ignored on an important issue.

Posted by: Boostherthon position? ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:09AM

Let's get Brian's position on Boosterthon! Our tax dollars NOT at work. Lost instructional time, plus we paid a county official to create a contract, which was never used. Plus, possible public records issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Another Boosterhon Thread

Posted by: I would be happy to summarize ()

Date: February 26, 2015 07:04PM

NeverEnoughThreads Wrote:
> So....
>
> Could someone PLEASE explain in a choherent, brief
> write-up what the problem is with Boosterthon?

The PTA's and PTO's have been signing contracts to have a fundraising company (Boosterthon or Booster) come into the classrooms and pump up the kids to get pledges for X number of laps that they run. The run is also during the school day.

The company keeps at least 48% of all the money collected plus a $2000 flat fee.
Some of the kids and parents get upset because they either can't get pledges or don't want to go begging for money. The kids who get a lot of pledges get cheap prizes as an incentive. Sometimes the prizes are given out in front of the kids who don't get anything, which is also upsetting. Small children sometimes just can't grasp this concept, even though this is technically optional. They feel like they are not a part of the school or letting their teacher down.
Some of the parents are upset about the 48+%.
Some of the parents think these tactics are high pressure and also have some privacy concerns with pictures, name release, etc.

The school system has a contract with Boosterthon, but it is NOT in effect as no purchase order has been issued. This is being done solely under a parent organization contract during the school day, which is supposed to be under the complete control of the school system. At least one parent group president has supposedly refused to show a copy of the contract to a parent. They are really mad. At least one parent group (Stenwood) has definitely refused to give the school system a copy of their contract, yet this is done during school hours with the permission of the school system, using staff.

School regulations say kids are not to be excused from classes for fundraisers. They also say any money generated using students is supposed to be run through school accounts, not parent group accounts. The school system says the parent groups are using the building and grounds during the school day under the community use regulations, but those regulations say that the school and grounds are only available to be used by these groups after school hours.

Somebody calculated out that instructional time costs the taxpayers $13.60 per child per hour. So, pulling 1,000 kids out of classes for two hours of pep talks and a run costs the taxpayers about $27,000 in completely wasted taxpayer funded instructional hours. It looks like this whole thing runs at a deficit.

Dr. Atwater wrote a really huffy letter to one parent saying the matter was being looked into but was closed as far as she was concerned. This letter was posted. It was indeed ridiculous.

We now have a copy of the White Oaks PTA contract, obtained from the school system via the public records act. It has been posted. Somehow the PTA has the magic to grant access to the school, use the staff, etc. during school hours. The PTA doesn't work for the school system. How do they do this?

The school system's fundraising regulation is being revised and the latest draft is currently under lock and key protected by the attorney-client work product exemption so we can't get a copy of it under the public records act. There is also a question of whether the contract signed by PTA that we can't get from the school system is public record or not. If it is, the school system seems to be in violation of FOIA. They are supposed to get a court order going on the Stenwood PTA if this contract is public record and they are not cooperating. If this run is during the school day, using students, using staff, with the permission of the principal, some people feel the contract should be public record.

The has been some frantic ridiculous talk about a daycare center with some violations, the Taliban, ISIS, Disney, and the possibility that Booster gave the school system a fake local address on the school system contract. Somebody is also wrapped around the axle about the strong Christian backgrounds of some of the Booster staff. These issues tend to get brought up a lot and totally mess up the discussion.

Oh, and supposedly the school system told somebody that school hours are not all instructional hours, so they can do this. Yet, when they calculate out the yearly total, they include all time during the school day except lunch and recess.

This is quite a drama.

Did I miss anything?

Date: February 27, 2015 09:26AM

The Boosterthon thing looks like a School Board issue to me - I've seen all the threads, but I haven't been following them that closely.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:40AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Everybody here knows me. I was a blogger when I
> ran in 2011, so the answer to that question is
> obviously yes.
>
>
> I don't hate conservatives, I'm in favor of lower
> taxes and less government interference.
>
> I do work for a union, I do not support Scott
> Walker but I don't hate him, and I blogged because
> I enjoy sharing my perspective with people who
> like to read it.
>
> I have yet to see anybody complaining about any of
> my stances on the issues in this campaign, just
> these personal attacks. Nobody cares if you don't
> like me, including me. The voters care about
> issues, not this petty nonsense.

Sounds good to me. I’m in.

Posted by: Boosterthon position? ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:57AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> The Boosterthon thing looks like a School Board
> issue to me - I've seen all the threads, but I
> haven't been following them that closely.

Yes it is a SB problem, and a major one. Hence, all the threads. Keep this in mind if your child goes to Fcps schools. I would bet it will also come up as you are campaigning. The documents referred to are on the White Oaks thread. Two contracts (one on record with the county), several regulations, Dr. Atwater's letter. Wild stuff.

Date: February 27, 2015 10:01AM

Boosterthon position? Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Boosterthon thing looks like a School Board
> > issue to me - I've seen all the threads, but I
> > haven't been following them that closely.
>
>
> Yes it is a SB problem, and a major one. Hence,
> all the threads. Keep this in mind if your child
> goes to Fcps schools. I would bet it will also
> come up as you are campaigning. The documents
> referred to are on the White Oaks thread. Two
> contracts (one on record with the county), several
> regulations, Dr. Atwater's letter. Wild stuff.

I'll check it out.

Posted by: finally ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:03AM

Finally finally I see the "problem" after hundreds of posts:

Sometimes the prizes are given out in front of the kids who don't get anything, which is also upsetting

LOL! Bet you don't let your kids teams keep score either...

Posted by: Boosterthon position? ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:15AM

You have to wade through some crazy stuff to see it all but it's all there. With your legal background there is a lot to analyze. If the school system isn't all over this, they should be. They are allowing people they don't have an active contract with into the schools during the school day and letting them deal with the children, staff and county facilities are being used during the school day at taxpayer expense, money that is supposed to be handled in internal county accounts is being processed in non-county accounts, contracts that could very well be considered public record are not being produced by the school system. At multiple schools.

They need to make some decisions on this sooner rather than later.

If you get elected, you are going to be giving these people public funds to manage. If your child is in the public schools, you could be dealing with this situation first- hand.

Good luck with your campaign.

Posted by: Fugdrgvvfd ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:19AM

finally Wrote:
> Finally finally I see the "problem" after hundreds
> of posts:
>
> Sometimes the prizes are given out in front
> of the kids who don't get anything, which is also
> upsetting

>
> LOL! Bet you don't let your kids teams keep score
> either...

This is school, not sports. They aren't supposed to do this.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:30AM

Hey Brian, Scott Walker is not your guy, who do you like?

Date: February 27, 2015 10:48AM

True The Vote ! Wrote:
> Hey Brian, Scott Walker is not your guy, who do
> you like?

I haven't really made up my mind yet. Waiting to see how the field shakes out.

There are a lot of folks in the field right now, but most of the guys I like the most are probably not going to run - guys like Rob Portman and Mitch Daniels.

Of the folks who are actually exploring it, I like Jeb Bush and Lindsay Graham. Of the folks talking about it but who haven't set up anything official, I like Jim Gilmore (who's a friend) and Rand Paul is growing on me.

Regardless of who gets the nomination, even if it's Walker, I look forward to working with their campaigns in Fairfax, and intend to provide any Republican who asks for our data and info.

Date: February 27, 2015 11:24AM

Hey Brian, What do you think about Dr.Ben Carson? I know he can't win, but what are your thoughts about him?

Posted by: What about ladies? ()
Date: February 27, 2015 11:27AM

There are a lot of folks in the field right now, but most of the guys I like the most are probably not going to run - guys like Rob Portman and Mitch Daniels.
----------------------------------------------

What about the ladies?

Date: February 27, 2015 01:19PM

The Republican women are too conservative for Brian, but he likes Hillary. He voted for her. He's pandering to the democrats seemingly unaware that he has compete in a Republican Firehouse primary to get the nomination before pandering even more to democrats to beat Kathy Smith. She'll beat him like a drum.

Has a candidate ever been this vocal on FU before Brian? Seems, well, unseemly.

Date: February 27, 2015 01:47PM

True The Vote ! Wrote:
> Hey Brian, What do you think about Dr.Ben Carson?
> I know he can't win, but what are your thoughts
> about him?

I've been on the record for a while in saying that we need presidential candidates who have significant experience either in elected office or very senior military service in order to run for president. If in elected office, I think it's important that there be some kind of executive experience.

Dr. Carson doesn't have either, and that's why I can't really see him as a candidate.

Date: February 27, 2015 01:53PM

BrassTacks Wrote:
> The Republican women are too conservative for
> Brian, but he likes Hillary. He voted for her.
> He's pandering to the democrats seemingly unaware
> that he has compete in a Republican Firehouse
> primary to get the nomination before pandering
> even more to democrats to beat Kathy Smith. She'll
> beat him like a drum.
>
> Has a candidate ever been this vocal on FU before
> Brian? Seems, well, unseemly.

The only Republican women who have talked about running are Carly Fiorina and Sarah Palin. I don't think Palin will run, and Fiorina has the same experience problem that Dr. Carson has.

I crossed over to vote for Hillary because I thought she'd be a weaker candidate than Obama. And I was right, since she lost the nomination to him. I could never support her in a general election.

I don't pander to anybody, which is probably why some folks on the far right don't particularly care for me. I'm honest and I tell you what I think.

The only thing that's unseemly is the attitude that elected officials or candidates shouldn't talk to voters where they are - people across Fairfax read Fairfax Underground. I'm not going to hide from the voters or pretend that I'm too good to post on a community forum.

Date: February 27, 2015 01:58PM

Fair enough answer I guess, Maybe he would be a good VP, Who would you pair him off with? If you had to answer that question just for shits and giggles.

Date: February 27, 2015 02:05PM

I could see him as a VP to pretty much any of the top tier candidates, but I'd still be hesitant to have him on the ticket. Generally you want somebody as VP who is ready to step up and be president at a moments notice, and I just don't think Dr. Carson has the experience to handle it. Nothing against him, but I would love to see him run for another office first - Senate or Congress.

Date: February 27, 2015 02:13PM

Kinda like Obama did?

Date: February 27, 2015 02:18PM

Yeah, but I also think the President has proven why it's generally a bad idea to not have senior level executive experience before running for President.

Date: February 27, 2015 02:21PM

Kinda like Romney?

Date: February 27, 2015 02:22PM

Romney was governor of a state - that's exactly the kind of experience that's best for a President.

Date: February 27, 2015 02:29PM

Kinda like Palin? Sorry Brian, I'll stop now. Thanks for your time.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:32PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> True The Vote ! Wrote:
> -----
> > Hey Brian, Scott Walker is not your guy, who do
> > you like?
>
> I like Jim Gilmore (who's a friend)

As a liberal you didn't have my vote, but you did have my respect...until now. Of the politicians I've had to deal with on both sides, Gilmore was one of the few I could not stand.

Date: February 27, 2015 02:58PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > True The Vote ! Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hey Brian, Scott Walker is not your guy, who
> do
> > > you like?
> >
> > I like Jim Gilmore (who's a friend)
>
> As a liberal you didn't have my vote, but you did
> have my respect...until now. Of the politicians
> I've had to deal with on both sides, Gilmore was
> one of the few I could not stand.

Sorry Bill - Jim's always been nice to me and we've run into each other a lot of the last couple of years. He's taken an interest in maritime and I see him usually on Maritime Day at our ceremonies in DC.

He was in office before my time in politics, so I never worked with him.

Date: February 27, 2015 05:04PM

I am sure he is also nice to puppies and helps little old ladies cross the streets Brian. However what he did in Finn was beyond the pale.

Posted by: Finn? ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:13PM

Finn?

Posted by: Who?what?where? ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:31PM

Finland?

Date: February 27, 2015 05:39PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> I am sure he is also nice to puppies and helps
> little old ladies cross the streets Brian.
> However what he did in Finn was beyond the pale.

Not familiar with that, Bill. Shoot me an email and let me know. brianforsupervisor@gmail.com

Posted by: found it ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:43PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/valeg/finn0327.htm

He interfered with the wife's decision to allow her husband to die a natural death by removing his feeding tube and we had to reimburse her.

Posted by: Shameful ()
Date: February 27, 2015 07:33PM

Yup, OP Brass Tacks is just promoting a website, which sadly, I clicked to and read. Learned about some woman in western Loudoun County, closer to West Virginia than to Fairfax. Name is Jeanine Martin. Apparently wants to influence Fairfax County politics from out there, but comments on her blog indicate that she is just a washed-up crybaby who never gets what she wants.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:53PM

Hugh Finn. Tragic situation. "Interfered" would be an understatement, but the Post story does provide an outline of what happened. I will leave it there for now.

Date: February 27, 2015 08:11PM

Peace lovin muslims hacked to death a blogger in some islamic peace lovin country somewhere, I hope it wasn't in the DMV.

Posted by: Etc. etc. ()
Date: February 27, 2015 08:18PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Hugh Finn. Tragic situation. "Interfered" would
> be an understatement, but the Post story does
> provide an outline of what happened. I will leave
> it there for now.

I think if I understood this correctly, he didn't want her reimbursed for the troubles he caused her.
Without an advanced directive or living will, the spouse has the final say for the most part. That is what a marriage license is for.

Posted by: Shameful ()
Date: February 27, 2015 09:17PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Hugh Finn. Tragic situation. "Interfered" would
> be an understatement, but the Post story does
> provide an outline of what happened. I will leave
> it there for now.

I'd forgotten about that. Finn was in a vegetative state for three years in a nursing home as the result of an accident. His wife wanted to remove life support, in accordance with her husband's wishes. The court agreed; however Governor Gilmore filed an appeal to stop her. Absolutely disgraceful. Gilmore was a horrible Governor and a miserable human being.

Date: February 27, 2015 09:28PM

Shameful Wrote:
> Bill.N. Wrote:
> -----
> > Hugh Finn. Tragic situation. "Interfered"
> would
> > be an understatement, but the Post story does
> > provide an outline of what happened. I will
> leave
> > it there for now.
>
> I'd forgotten about that. Finn was in a vegetative
> state for three years in a nursing home as the
> result of an accident. His wife wanted to remove
> life support, in accordance with her husband's
> wishes. The court agreed; however Governor Gilmore
> filed an appeal to stop her. Absolutely
> disgraceful. Gilmore was a horrible Governor and a
> miserable human being.

I wasn't aware of this. While I'm solidly pro-life, I don't think it's appropriate for the state to intervene in a situation like this where the patient's wishes are known.

Posted by: Tippys Tacos ()
Date: February 27, 2015 10:07PM

Brass Tacks = Jeanine Martin

Date: February 28, 2015 12:31AM

Nope. I'm not her, whoever she is. I'm not even a her.

Posted by: kjhflaiujh ()
Date: February 28, 2015 05:54AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Shameful Wrote:
> -----
> > Bill.N. Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hugh Finn. Tragic situation. "Interfered"
> > would
> > > be an understatement, but the Post story does
> > > provide an outline of what happened. I will
> > leave
> > > it there for now.
> >
> > I'd forgotten about that. Finn was in a
> vegetative
> > state for three years in a nursing home as the
> > result of an accident. His wife wanted to
> remove
> > life support, in accordance with her husband's
> > wishes. The court agreed; however Governor
> Gilmore
> > filed an appeal to stop her. Absolutely
> > disgraceful. Gilmore was a horrible Governor and
> a
> > miserable human being.
>
> I wasn't aware of this. While I'm solidly
> pro-life, I don't think it's appropriate for the
> state to intervene in a situation like this where
> the patient's wishes are known.

He might not have had an advanced directive or living will. Even with one, it gets very sticky in these situations. Emotions fly, families disagree, interpretation of the patient's situation and prognosis vary... it can be very complex and not as clear-cut as you would think. But, the spouse is in charge, unless you can prove that they are completely incapable of making a decision like this, or there is a formal document specifying that someone else should make the decision.

Posted by: Citizen X ()
Date: February 28, 2015 07:37AM

Another Douchebag running for office. Great... This one happens to represent unions, not constituents. Remember that on election day.

Date: February 28, 2015 09:46AM

Got my vote. I'll notify the 400

Posted by: Jackie Sharp ()
Date: February 28, 2015 11:10AM

You ran for Delegate and failed, is that correct?

I heard you moved into Sully to run, a carpetbagger?

You certainly did blog on issues you knew little about and enjoyed personally attacking those in your own party without even the hint of knowledge of what you were attacking.

Your lack of integrity speaks for itself. No need for me to personally site those blog entries all people have to do is google your name to see them.

The Rs still don't get what it takes to back a winner.

Date: February 28, 2015 02:00PM

Yes, I lost my first race.

No, we were moving to Centreville regardless of this campaign, and our decision was made a year before Michael Frey announced his retirement. And it's hard to understand how moving 7 miles down the road means I'm a carpetbagger, but it's an argument my primary opponent seems to think is somehow devastating. It's not.

I blogged on issues I knew about, and I spent plenty of time criticizing folks on both sides of the aisle. When my party was making mistakes, I was willing to stand up and say so. I don't know many bloggers who haven't done that.

As for a lack of integrity, I think it's the opposite. You aren't going to find many politicians as open and honest about what they think as I have been. Only somebody with an axe to grind is going to turn my willingness to discuss what I think with people into a negative.

Republicans understand very well what it takes to back a winner - you need somebody with a message that appeals to a broad swath of people, the ability to articulate that message, and somebody that people can trust to govern effectively. That's why I'm going to win this election.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 02:00PM by BrianSchoeneman.

Posted by: Ues toons for brain ()
Date: February 28, 2015 02:12PM

Brian have you googled your picture recently? And what do you think of Megan?

Date: February 28, 2015 02:24PM

Yep, and I'm happy to see that the Turtle Berger comes up as usual.

I think Megan is one of the few people who gets more grief on here than I do.

Date: February 28, 2015 03:21PM

How odd that you say you wanted to move to Centreville a year ago when until recently you were looking at houses in Clifton,the Springfield district.You told many people that you were looking at houses in Clifton and even found one that you liked very much. According to you, you were very close to putting a contract on that house. Suddenly you changed your mind and shifted focus to Centreville.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: February 28, 2015 03:42PM

Citizen X Wrote:
> Another Douchebag running for office. Great...
> This one happens to represent unions, not
> constituents. Remember that on election day.

I suspect both candidates will be supportive of unions, so then what?

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: Jackie Dull ()
Date: February 28, 2015 03:49PM

Jackie Sharp Wrote:
> < whines and lies >

Who is is Jackie Sharpe, and does she have anything nice to say about anyone?

Date: February 28, 2015 03:50PM

Kathy’s Smith, as Sully Supervisor will raise taxes and further fund Gatehouse Taj Mahal:

Expanded full day kindergarten at all remaining schools
Provided salary increases to FCPS teachers and employees
Raised student achievement for all students while closing the achievement gaps
Maintained class size, even though school system continues to steadily grow and there was less revenue
Made the tough decisions when necessary, being fully aware that each decision impacts children and families

Date: February 28, 2015 03:52PM

Jackie Dull Wrote:
> Jackie Sharp Wrote:
> -----
> > < whines and lies >
>
> Who is is Jackie Sharpe, and does she have
> anything nice to say about anyone?

And let's welcome Brasstacks, brand new FFXU profile and Kathy Smith shill.

Posted by: Former Maritime Professional ()
Date: February 28, 2015 03:55PM

As a former maritime professional, I believe those hardworking people deserve all the support they can get. Difficult jobs, especially competing against the foreign flags.

I am not a supporter of unions like SEIU and the ones who create $120,000+ cleaning ladies for hotels and floor sweepers for theaters.

Brian Schoeneman putting his legal skills to work for these guys (and the women too) seems like a worthy cause to me.

Posted by: Not Jeanine Martin ()
Date: February 28, 2015 04:36PM

It's sad that Jeanine Martin is spending her Saturday afternoon on FFXU bashing Brian Schoeneman under a false alias. Too broke to go to CPAC this weekend so this is how you fill your time? Is that why you had to move away from Fairfax County? By the way, wasn't Jeanine Martin a democrat before she became a Republican? She claims to be an activist for 20 years but since she's 130 years old what was she doing for the other 110 years?

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: February 28, 2015 04:52PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Yes, I lost my first race.
>
> No, we were moving to Centreville regardless of
> this campaign, and our decision was made a year
> before Michael Frey announced his retirement. And
> it's hard to understand how moving 7 miles down
> the road means I'm a carpetbagger, but it's an
> argument my primary opponent seems to think is
> somehow devastating. It's not.
>
> I blogged on issues I knew about, and I spent
> plenty of time criticizing folks on both sides of
> the aisle. When my party was making mistakes, I
> was willing to stand up and say so. I don't know
> many bloggers who haven't done that.
>
> As for a lack of integrity, I think it's the
> opposite. You aren't going to find many
> politicians as open and honest about what they
> think as I have been. Only somebody with an axe to
> grind is going to turn my willingness to discuss
> what I think with people into a negative.
>
> Republicans understand very well what it takes to
> back a winner - you need somebody with a message
> that appeals to a broad swath of people, the
> ability to articulate that message, and somebody
> that people can trust to govern effectively.
> That's why I'm going to win this election.

+1
Anyone who is willing to put himself on the line in here gets my vote.

Posted by: It would be nice ()
Date: February 28, 2015 05:20PM

It would be nice if the people who dislike Brian Schoeneman could focus on the positive attributes of the candidate they are supporting rather than spewing this amount of hate. What they are claiming to dislike Schoeneman for is exactly what they are themselves doing. If you don't support Schoeneman, who do you support? Do you even live in Sully? Neither the author of the blog linked nor the crazy old lady live in Sully so who cares about their opinions? They appear to have suspect motives.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 28, 2015 06:05PM

So is Brian considered an admiralty lawyer?

Date: February 28, 2015 07:19PM

It would be nice Wrote:
> It would be nice if the people who dislike Brian
> Schoeneman could focus on the positive attributes
> of the candidate they are supporting rather than
> spewing this amount of hate. What they are
> claiming to dislike Schoeneman for is exactly what
> they are themselves doing. If you don't support
> Schoeneman, who do you support? Do you even live
> in Sully? Neither the author of the blog linked
> nor the crazy old lady live in Sully so who cares
> about their opinions? They appear to have suspect
> motives.

Greg Letiecq and Jeanine Martin are obsessed with Brian Schoeneman. Incessant blogging, tweeting, facebooking about him. Neither resides in Fairfax County. As readers of the various Republican blogs have correctly pointed out, it's personal not political.

I'm curious if either has run for office. Or is gainfully employed.

Date: February 28, 2015 07:20PM

eesh Wrote:
> So is Brian considered an admiralty lawyer?

I thought you need a criminal lawyer?

Date: February 28, 2015 09:30PM

BrassTacks Wrote:
> How odd that you say you wanted to move to
> Centreville a year ago when until recently you
> were looking at houses in Clifton,the Springfield
> district.You told many people that you were
> looking at houses in Clifton and even found one
> that you liked very much. According to you, you
> were very close to putting a contract on that
> house. Suddenly you changed your mind and shifted
> focus to Centreville.

Compton, not Clifton. As in Compton Village, in Centreville.

I'm sorry that this doesn't fit your conspiracy theory.

Date: February 28, 2015 11:41PM

Nope, It was Clifton. No conspiracy. You and the wife loved Clifton. How could you forget this jewel? http://frankly.com/FX8259049 Such a shame you couldn't quite afford it.

Date: March 01, 2015 07:37AM

BrassTacks Wrote:
> Nope, It was Clifton. No conspiracy. You and the
> wife loved Clifton. How could you forget this
> jewel? http://frankly.com/FX8259049 Such a shame
> you couldn't quite afford it.

If we were in the market for $1 million homes, we'd have moved to McLean, not Clifton. We never looked in Clifton, and I've never seen this home before.

Regardless, none of this has anything to do with this election.

Posted by: bs alert ()
Date: March 01, 2015 08:15AM

Former Maritime Professional Wrote:
> I am not a supporter of unions like SEIU and the
> ones who create $120,000+ cleaning ladies for
> hotels and floor sweepers for theaters.

Can you cite the source of these $120,000+ cleaning ladies, or is that just the usual rightwing FoxNewstard fantasy world BS?

Posted by: jackie sharp ()
Date: March 01, 2015 09:16AM

Brian wrote:

"I blogged on issues I knew about, and I spent plenty of time criticizing folks on both sides of the aisle. When my party was making mistakes, I was willing to stand up and say so. I don't know many bloggers who haven't done that. As for a lack of integrity, I think it's the opposite. You aren't going to find many politicians as open and honest about what they think as I have been. Only somebody with an axe to grind is going to turn my willingness to discuss what I think with people into a negative. Republicans understand very well what it takes to back a winner - you need somebody with a message that appeals to a broad swath of people, the ability to articulate that message, and somebody that people can trust to govern effectively. That's why I'm going to win this election."

Let's be clear on this, you blogged on issues you did not know all about. No axe to grind here just stating the truth which apparently is difficult for you.

There were many local issues you did not do your homework on and took a stand on while throwing those from your own party and perhaps others under the bus. Your blogs indicate personal attacks and statements without so much as a conversation with the person you were attacking.

Great fact based journalism. Integrity? Trust? I don't see it.

Keep blogging....your adding fuel to your own fire.

Date: March 01, 2015 09:30AM

I haven't written a blog post since I announced. As for journalism - I wrote commentary, not news. You can characterize what I wrote however you wish, but I did my best to be factually accurate, but I never shied away from criticizing folks on either side of the aisle when they made mistakes.

That's what integrity is.

Posted by: @Brian ()
Date: March 01, 2015 09:32AM

Brian what are you thoughts on this? Have you eaten here? Will you be eating here? I think you should!

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1801203.html

Posted by: jackie sharp ()
Date: March 01, 2015 11:47AM

I must of hit a sensitive nerve for you to respond so quickly.

Your definition of "mistakes" assists to rationalizing your blogger opinions as you call them.

Even now your spin is quite so evident.

Date: March 01, 2015 01:00PM

It doesn't come as a surprise that the Brian haters can't seem to opine on any disagreements in his platform. It seems to be "you were a mean blogger" and "the illuminati is rigging this election". Really juvenile stuff, high school cafeteria nonsense.

Posted by: Oh Dear ()
Date: March 01, 2015 01:30PM

jackie sharp Wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>
> "I blogged on issues I knew about, and I spent
> plenty of time criticizing folks on both sides of
> the aisle. When my party was making mistakes, I
> was willing to stand up and say so. I don't know
> many bloggers who haven't done that. As for a
> lack of integrity, I think it's the opposite. You
> aren't going to find many politicians as open and
> honest about what they think as I have been. Only
> somebody with an axe to grind is going to turn my
> willingness to discuss what I think with people
> into a negative. Republicans understand very well
> what it takes to back a winner - you need somebody
> with a message that appeals to a broad swath of
> people, the ability to articulate that message,
> and somebody that people can trust to govern
> effectively. That's why I'm going to win this
> election."
>
> Let's be clear on this, you blogged on issues you
> did not know all about. No axe to grind here just
> stating the truth which apparently is difficult
> for you.
>
> There were many local issues you did not do your
> homework on and took a stand on while throwing
> those from your own party and perhaps others under
> the bus. Your blogs indicate personal attacks and
> statements without so much as a conversation with
> the person you were attacking.
>
> Great fact based journalism. Integrity? Trust? I
> don't see it.
>
> Keep blogging....your adding fuel to your own
> fire.

Translation: Brian said something sensible that pissed off the right wing crazies.

Instead of bitching through innuendo, why don't you just cite the comments to which you take offense so we can see if you have a point or if you're just nuts? Right now, you're just coming across as The Church Lady.

Posted by: Durf234091841129310293123 ()
Date: March 01, 2015 06:29PM

Oh Dear Wrote:
> jackie sharp Wrote:
> -----
> > Brian wrote:
> >
> > "I blogged on issues I knew about, and I spent
> > plenty of time criticizing folks on both sides
> of
> > the aisle. When my party was making mistakes, I
> > was willing to stand up and say so. I don't
> know
> > many bloggers who haven't done that. As for a
> > lack of integrity, I think it's the opposite.
> You
> > aren't going to find many politicians as open
> and
> > honest about what they think as I have been.
> Only
> > somebody with an axe to grind is going to turn
> my
> > willingness to discuss what I think with people
> > into a negative. Republicans understand very
> well
> > what it takes to back a winner - you need
> somebody
> > with a message that appeals to a broad swath of
> > people, the ability to articulate that message,
> > and somebody that people can trust to govern
> > effectively. That's why I'm going to win this
> > election."
> >
> > Let's be clear on this, you blogged on issues
> you
> > did not know all about. No axe to grind here
> just
> > stating the truth which apparently is difficult
> > for you.
> >
> > There were many local issues you did not do
> your
> > homework on and took a stand on while throwing
> > those from your own party and perhaps others
> under
> > the bus. Your blogs indicate personal attacks
> and
> > statements without so much as a conversation
> with
> > the person you were attacking.
> >
> > Great fact based journalism. Integrity? Trust?
> I
> > don't see it.
> >
> > Keep blogging....your adding fuel to your own
> > fire.
>
> Translation: Brian said something sensible that
> pissed off the right wing crazies.
>
> Instead of bitching through innuendo, why don't
> you just cite the comments to which you take
> offense so we can see if you have a point or if
> you're just nuts? Right now, you're just coming
> across as The Church Lady.

I think the problem is Brian was once a blogger and is now a candidate, which means he has a legitimate mouthpiece for his agenda. The most vociferous persons in the anti-Brian crowd are also bloggers and will always be bloggers unless they throw their hat in the ring.

I dunno why this matters to FFXU though.

Date: March 01, 2015 09:42PM

Oh Dear Wrote:
> > Keep blogging....your adding fuel to your own
> > fire.
>
> Translation: Brian said something sensible that
> pissed off the right wing crazies.
>
> Instead of bitching through innuendo, why don't
> you just cite the comments to which you take
> offense so we can see if you have a point or if
> you're just nuts? Right now, you're just coming
> across as The Church Lady.

+1

The two points in the thread seem to be Brian offended someone while blogging and he may have considered moving to Clifton. Carpetbagging is McAullife running in an entirely different state, or Hillary from Arkansas taking up residence in NY based on polling data.

Haven't figured out if the attackers are loopy libs or the radical right. :)

If you're gonna sling mud, better go find some dirt.

All we need on the BOS is another Bulova clone. Not that Brian is a bad candidate, but I'd (almost) vote for Jesse Ventura rather than see another tax and spend Dem as a Supervisor.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.