HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lucas Cook Failing Upwards
Posted by: Shock and Awe ()
Date: February 12, 2015 06:23PM

http://loudounsoccer.com/sterlingprogramleader/

I can't believe it. After destroying Mclean Youth Soccer Lucas Cook continues to fail upward to a position in Sterling.

This guy is a HORRIBLE coach can't communicate at all with people and isn't respected at all by people.

I heard a coach say that he lied to the entire group and said he had an "A" license and then said he had a UEFA "B" license. That seems nuts!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lucas Cook Failing Upwards
Posted by: jose mourinho ()
Date: February 12, 2015 07:29PM

Shock and Awe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> This guy is a HORRIBLE coach can't communicate at
> all with people and isn't respected at all by
> people.

This is not unusual. My kid's club coaches were mostly bad. (CW was an exception.) The HS coach was atrocious. Even the college coach is only okay. Perhaps in a generation the supply of coaches will have caught up with the demand, but right now they are not an impressive group.

Posted by: Soccer Dad ()
Date: February 12, 2015 08:03PM

The race to see who can be paid the most for simple coaching and administrator jobs continues.

It was insane when parents started paying over $300 for their kids o play soccer. Now it's just stupid.

Posted by: Loudoun parent ()
Date: February 12, 2015 09:26PM

As a parent I can only hope that the coaches and technical people at Loudoun know what they are doing. Based on what some parents told me he is as bad a coach as there is out there. I hope my kids don't get coached by him otherwise it's off to a better club.

Posted by: WOW!!! ()
Date: February 12, 2015 09:35PM

This is REALLY incredible. He would still be at Mclean had there not been a mutiny brought on by his appointment as "Director of Coaching". He lacks energy, knowledge, charisma, common sense, communication skills, skill, talent, organization, compatability, intelligence,and zeal. He is the worst, unsuited to coach rec. This is a mind-boggling move on behalf of a club that should know better.

Posted by: Loudoun travel parent ()
Date: February 12, 2015 10:49PM

What were the dynamic duo of Daryl gee and mark Ryan thinking
Our club will if not already is becoming a laughing stock if they keep this guy

If I had a kid in rec which I don't I would be concerned about having this guy coach my kid.

I we are building an elite club here in Loudoun how can we associate with a guy that is not a good coach. Seems to me a better add would have been Eddie Lima

Posted by: 0w-35 European formula ()
Date: February 12, 2015 11:02PM

I prefer Mobil 1 over Lucas oil

Posted by: Trav L. Sockar ()
Date: February 13, 2015 12:34AM

If Eddie Lima is still around, there are few, if any, better trainers/coaches.

If you read the blurb that the link takes you to, it sounds more like they are positioning Lucas in more of a marketing/flimflam man role. Is it possible he would be good at that?

Posted by: No, he wouldn't ()
Date: February 13, 2015 11:12AM

Trav L. Sockar Wrote:
> If Eddie Lima is still around, there are few, if
> any, better trainers/coaches.
>
> If you read the blurb that the link takes you to,
> it sounds more like they are positioning Lucas in
> more of a marketing/flimflam man role. Is it
> possible he would be good at that?

Marketing guys should be impressive in appearance and impressive in aura. They should be dynamic and engaging and be able to use rhetoric and think quickly on their feet. Lucas has NONE of those qualities: pudgy and unshaven, he leads with his belly, which sets the table for his boring, lifeless personality. I must be too harsh though: he has now bamboozled his way into administrative positions in two excellent clubs. The last one unceremoniously dumped him when the coaches refused to take orders from a were-walrus whose idea of coaching is belly balancing on the turf and occasionally meowing a few inaccurate points.

Posted by: E.O. Smith ()
Date: February 13, 2015 11:28AM

Jeff Sirois may still be available.

Posted by: bbMFP ()
Date: February 13, 2015 03:58PM

Soccer Dad Wrote:
> The race to see who can be paid the most for
> simple coaching and administrator jobs continues.
>
> It was insane when parents started paying over
> $300 for their kids o play soccer. Now it's just
> stupid.

You are off by an order of magnitude. Travel soccer yearly cost is around 3K now - about 2K to the club and easily another 1K in travel costs, cleats, tournament fees, etc.

Posted by: Soccer Dad ()
Date: February 13, 2015 04:22PM

$3,000 for an 8-year-old to play soccer? That's when they start travel, correct? What do they get for that kind of money?

Posted by: Real Soccer Dad ()
Date: February 13, 2015 04:53PM

Posted by: 77cwY ()
Date: February 13, 2015 04:57PM

Soccer Dad Wrote:
> $3,000 for an 8-year-old to play soccer? That's
> when they start travel, correct? What do they get
> for that kind of money?

Starts at U-9, so they turn 9 in the first year. For 3K/yr, you get 3 nights a week of coaching, two seasons of soccer (fall and spring) with 8-9 league games each, 3 - 4 tournaments each season, 1-2 of which will be out of town.

It's not a poor kid's sport, but at least the equipment is cheap. It's just shirt/shorts/socks plus cleats. Of course they practice all winter, and the underarmour for winter practice ain't cheap.

If you are real lucky, you kid will make ODP at U12, and will practice in Richmond or Williamsburg every Saturday all winter (yes, that's a weekly trip to Richmond). And ODP doesn't scratch its ass without asking for $300.

Posted by: Thucydides ()
Date: February 14, 2015 10:13PM

Maybe Lucas should go to Annandale. That seems to be the only club so fucked up, he would be an improvement.

Posted by: eric cantona ()
Date: February 15, 2015 06:55AM

Thucydides Wrote:
> Maybe Lucas should go to Annandale. That seems to
> be the only club so fucked up, he would be an
> improvement.

He would also fit well in Arlington with German Peri.

Posted by: sir alex ()
Date: February 17, 2015 09:14AM

eric cantona Wrote:
> Thucydides Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe Lucas should go to Annandale. That seems
> to
> > be the only club so fucked up, he would be an
> > improvement.
>
> He would also fit well in Arlington with German
> Peri.

All these guys were at Mclean in 2013 when USSF kicked them out of the Development Academy.

Posted by: miss manners ()
Date: February 17, 2015 11:59AM

sir alex Wrote:
> eric cantona Wrote:
> -----
> > Thucydides Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Maybe Lucas should go to Annandale. That
> seems
> > to
> > > be the only club so fucked up, he would be an
> > > improvement.
> >
> > He would also fit well in Arlington with German
> > Peri.
>
> All these guys were at Mclean in 2013 when USSF
> kicked them out of the Development Academy.

But they have such great people skills.

Posted by: arsene wenger ()
Date: February 17, 2015 03:59PM

miss manners Wrote:
> sir alex Wrote:
> -----
> > eric cantona Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Thucydides Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Maybe Lucas should go to Annandale. That
> > seems
> > > to
> > > > be the only club so fucked up, he would be
> an
> > > > improvement.
> > >
> > > He would also fit well in Arlington with
> German
> > > Peri.
> >
> > All these guys were at Mclean in 2013 when USSF
> > kicked them out of the Development Academy.
>
> But they have such great people skills.

That would be "No."

L C Upwards
Posted by: Reference 1 ()
Date: September 02, 2015 05:03PM

Whoever started this has a very strong mean streak. This issue should be dead and buried.

Lucas Cook coached 2 of my kids at a young age and I can tell you he has a way of keeping it VERY fun while encouraging the kids to get better. One of my 2 is now playing in the National League. What happened in MYS was an attempt of a few parents to control the club (to make it better at the time, and to fight the status quo that from within) and Lucas was caught in he wrong spot due to the wrong place at the wrong time. This does not make him a bad coach. My kids liked Lucas. There were things that could be better, but there always are things that could be better about every coach, including Klinsmann.

I am glad Lucas landed back in soccer, because he enjoyed and really was good with the kids. Lucas would be a good soccer coordinator, as the role describes, and I wish him the best.

As a note, my soccer players have all benefited from having multiple coaches through training and over their teams. Each coach has his own opinion of what is important. One coach alone can not get your little Messi on Real Madrid, certainly not one who only knows soccer in the US. One coach can't ruin it for you either. So, whoever is still sour on this issue from years ago, you need to GET OVER IT and MOVE ON.

Posted by: Necro ()
Date: September 02, 2015 09:29PM

Way to keep it alive, dumbass. No one gave two shits since February.

Posted by: seen it up close ()
Date: September 03, 2015 08:15AM

Necro Wrote:
> Way to keep it alive, dumbass. No one gave two
> shits since February.

+1. Way to bring it back from the dead.

MYS keeps chasing good coaches out. They just lost Ken Krieger for goodness sake. 20 years at PWSI, one year and done at MYS? Not sure I agree that Lucas was one of those good coaches, but the boys side of MYS is still a disaster, even with the change in management a few years ago. My sons' U13 team just imploded, and the only really notable boys team (U15) is probably 75% not from Mclean. Just a bunch of recruited kids that will leave for the next better opportunity. Too much backroom drama and not enough good coaching.

Posted by: soccer drama ()
Date: September 03, 2015 09:16AM

seen it up close Wrote:
> They just
> lost Ken Krieger for goodness sake. 20 years at
> PWSI, one year and done at MYS?

From PSW:

"Ken Krieger has left McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) after joining the club as boys technical director in February 2014.

Krieger’s departure is the result of a mutual decision between him and the club, due to differing views on the direction and structure of the organization.

...and....

"Krieger declined to speak in detail about the circumstances of his exit from McLean, which he calls a mutual decision, simply saying “it just wasn’t a good fit” despite his developing “many good relationships” at the Northern Virginia club."

Posted by: McLean parent ()
Date: September 03, 2015 09:19PM

seen it up close Wrote:
> Necro Wrote:
> -----
> > Way to keep it alive, dumbass. No one gave two
> > shits since February.
>
> +1. Way to bring it back from the dead.
>
> MYS keeps chasing good coaches out. They just
> lost Ken Krieger for goodness sake. 20 years at
> PWSI, one year and done at MYS? Not sure I agree
> that Lucas was one of those good coaches, but the
> boys side of MYS is still a disaster, even with
> the change in management a few years ago. My
> sons' U13 team just imploded, and the only really
> notable boys team (U15) is probably 75% not from
> Mclean. Just a bunch of recruited kids that will
> leave for the next better opportunity. Too much
> backroom drama and not enough good coaching.

Who set this long slide in motion?

Posted by: Mary berts ()
Date: May 15, 2017 01:13AM

This coach has ruined the Fairfax boys soccer program he can't respect anyone's decisions and is a very sarcastic person ,he has ruined the program and still is making it worse

Posted by: Mary berts ()
Date: May 15, 2017 01:16AM

Please fire Lucas cook so he never coached and club or school team he can't do a good job and makes every team worse not a good coaching option if looking to hire a coach

Posted by: Po mark ()
Date: May 15, 2017 11:02AM

He suck ass and doesn't even how to play he pulled ups up whack kids that are white and are about to Langley cause if that

Posted by: Bo lowe ()
Date: May 17, 2017 12:40PM

Don't hire him he's sucks as a coach

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: May 17, 2017 12:52PM

Sports are dangerous. Video games are safer!

Posted by: Nedford ()
Date: June 14, 2017 02:28PM

Can anyone be more specific as to how he is an awful coach? Is he a bad communicator? A screamer? only focused on winning? Doesn't show up for things? Just a mean person? And can you provide examples? Where is he coaching now besides FHS? Thanks

Posted by: Son still coached by him ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:04PM

Unfortunately I have to agree with most. Lucas is now the coach of my sons team in Fairfax fpyc where he now coaches single handily 30 kids for two teams. He is horrible fielding a team of players that just showed up for try outs that is now being beat by double digits. All for the money 1500 a piece. I love the game as did my son. We are new and now I am stuck paying this ill trained coach. I guess there will s always next year just hope my son can hang in there. My kids have played for years and I have yet to find a worse coach what a nightmare

Posted by: Adrain ()
Date: January 01, 2018 04:03AM

Lucas Cook was named the new head coach for fpyc recently as my son plays for that team.hes is very bad communicating with the kids and only yells at them.amd he can’t find area to play and practice and I’m the one paying 1300 for my kid do participate,he is a horrible coach and should be fired immentadaly

Posted by: Po ()
Date: January 01, 2018 04:06AM

Po mark Wrote:
> He suck ass

Posted by: J.Mourinho ()
Date: January 01, 2018 12:16PM

Since when is it the job of the coach to reserve field space? That's on the club. If you're getting beat by double digits, there's not a damn thing any coach can do to fix that - maybe good coaching can limit some of the bleeding - but you have rec players playing travel.

Posted by: Felicia Jackson To insonTYL37 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 09:24PM

It's with great unfortune that I have to piggy back on the previously mentioned comments. It seems that since he became the coach at Fairfax High School, they've had a much less than stellar record. My son had played in a travel league, overseas in the Middle East, recreational, high school and held his own. He played under coach Forshay without any issues. Coach Cook has cut my son for the second year, which is extremely disheartening for a parent to watch their child's passion to be snatched away. From my understanding, he's cut several exceptional players. We'll let the record show compared to last year with three wins and I hope the athletic director will scout for a better coach. Bring back Forshay because coach Cook cannot get the job done and for his vision of success....there is none!!!

Posted by: Dowhat ()
Date: February 24, 2018 01:54AM

This guy Lucas Cook is an embarrassment not just to the game of soccer that he says he has a passion for, but most importantly to the kids he so calls coaches. His Coaching style lacks everything there is in leaving a positive impression on these young men. I’m not even talking about winning or losing I’m talking real life scenarios here. He’s out of his league as a coach of young men. Fairfax Nova in general take notice.

Posted by: Martha ()
Date: February 26, 2018 11:43AM

This is his second year at fairfax high school as the head coach,Cook is continuing to fail fairfax as he is a bad communicator,rude,sarcastic,only cares for his favorites and only cares about winning nothing else,he should be fired and not be hired by and high school and any organization I don’t not recommend this coach

Posted by: Gekd8945 ()
Date: March 30, 2018 04:45PM

I agree with most of these comments. Although I don't play soccer, he is my fifth grade daughter's teacher and from what she has told me, he is verbally abusive to his students, mainly her and her friends.

Posted by: Gecko22998 ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:46PM

Lucas Cook is a horrible coach. I hope he gets fired. He is rude and definitely ruining the soccer program. He treats all of his student like crap and he is very bossy as well as he has no clue what he is doing. He is a doofus on the soccer field and instead of teaching the kids how to play soccer, he is teaching them to be failures. He is very unhygienic, has no skill whatsoever and has no communication ability.

Posted by: Jhelsa Barbogin ()
Date: April 07, 2018 09:46AM

Lucas J Cook is an undeniably terrible 5th grade teacher/high school soccer coach. He is sexist, and abuses his power. Someone needs to stop him.

Posted by: Someone with a 1st class seat ()
Date: May 12, 2018 04:25AM

Awful coach. Running a dumpster fire over in Fairfax HS. Neglected talented players during tryouts and selected a lot of his favorites instead. His teams lack personality and a defined style of play, and we constantly have to re-teach concepts and principles to our players because they forget a lot of them during high school season, thanks to his mediocre methods. Have had players say he’s sarcastic and condescending and will tear down a player’s confidence rather than motivate them. I’ve seen a lot of Fairfax games over the past couple years and he is doing a disservice to the game. He literally laid down on the turf to watch the game on one occasion.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.