HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia will remove sol test needed for graduation
Posted by: QUKKAU ()
Date: February 06, 2015 01:12PM

irginia's legislature is moving forward with a plan to change high school graduation requirements, as part of a larger effort to reduce the influence of standardized tests.

The House Education Committee has approved a bill that would give local school divisions more flexibility in how they determine graduation requirements. The idea is to let administrators ditch standardized tests in favor of other assessments, like a science project or a research essay.

"I don't think it undermines the accountability," says Republican Del. Tag Greason of Loudoun County, who introduced the bill. "I think it changes the way we assess our children, and those who are ready to move forward we should promote that and have them move forward."

Opponents say the idea undermines a system that has worked well since it was created in the 1990s.

"The [Standards of Learning] where instituted to provide a statewide standard so that you could have confidence that classes in Fairfax and Galax were teaching the same basic material," says Republican Del. Mark Cole of Fredericksburg. "Whenever you start making exemptions to make the local school districts to be able to come up with own tests, you undermine that."

The Education Committee approved the bill on a 16-6 vote on Wednesday, and now it's heading to the House floor.

##

WOW.. I graduated in 2008 had to pass sol test in order to graduate, why changed something that not broken?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia will remove sol test needed for graduation
Posted by: commonsense ()
Date: February 06, 2015 01:17PM

This is great news. SOL testing should be completely abandoned. It is nothing more than a tool to justify the existence of a burgeoning educational bureaucracy.

Posted by: bottomline ()
Date: February 06, 2015 01:22PM

The bottom line is they don't help someone get into college. Anything less is a waste of time. Better off sending them to vocational school to assemble PCBs.

Posted by: TeMcn ()
Date: February 06, 2015 11:19PM

as long as they keep say "we will" and you keep having to take the test ...

you learned something !

Posted by: Goodbye yellow brick road ()
Date: February 07, 2015 08:48AM

These tests are a joke for kids who go to college. The SATs are already in place.

For those struggling with the tests, all they get are "teach to the test" educations. A project or essay would be much more useful. And, once they pass the test, the teacher feels "done". It's not useful to the student's future.

Posted by: 3EvEH ()
Date: February 07, 2015 01:08PM

now you see i have a diff=rent standard of learning "S.O.L."

when i was in school VA began SOL which happened in every classroom every year

some bitch teachers would lazily not teach from the book (almost to downgrade kids - usually just boys they gave girls good grades for ... good handwriting)

the same bitches would hand out and teach the answers to the Virginia SOL tests a day (or perhaps a week) before arrived. and after some years and russle some were penalized for short circuiting the system intentionally while their kids were graduating with bad grades and without the lessons Virginia needed tought and wanted grades to reflect

ie, knowlege of what a free country means, ability to speek english while working at mc'donalds, ABILITY TO MEASURE TWICE AND CUT ONCE, ability to do great things - such as becoming a self studied proffessional - without gov schooling

and at the time: they did that. it worked. excepting for the cheaters.

Posted by: LyKMu ()
Date: February 07, 2015 01:13PM

infact i bet what your talking about is a bunch of fucking obama foreigners who have falsified grades by foreigner teachers

who want college loans to get into those NOVA classes run by foreigners

one problem: they have no proof that their teachers ever did SOL testing ?

no problemo ! bull-o-va gov just wants to justify their pay with anyone signing loan papers and votes democrat ! long as your sure to be a servant of rich democrats like you would in your home country.

you can dodge your loan by skipping state you had no legal name to begin with !

or you can pay your loan back by getting a democrat job at 3x the pay - you'll make payments and still be un-touchable compared to those who are not higher on the pyramid

Posted by: 36FUj ()
Date: February 07, 2015 01:17PM

previously anyone with money could go to college

an ivy leauge college prided its grades.

dumb rich kids were not allowed in the grading system but could take classes. there was ofen news the rich were buying their grades

-----------------------
what had NOT been true is that anyone who wanted to borrow money could skip work and take classes

what had been true is any good worker would get FREE company education and no one gave a crap about degrees unless it was from an ivy league school - you might be turned down for employement due to having a degree. that's how it had been done.

Posted by: bD9HN ()
Date: February 07, 2015 01:22PM

all of the degree req for gov workers were done by bull-o-va era gov workers who did NOT HAVE degrees (or cheated to get them) and who used gov programs to NOT PAY for college which many of them didnt go to: they certified each other

previous to sharon bull-o-va gov there were no degree requirements in DC gov jobs

after: many jobs were populated by people without degrees who were using the "degree requirement" WHICH NEVER DID APPLY TO THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ALREADY IN GOV - as an excuse to hire their friend and keep out others - a "screening process"

"degree requirement" NEVER DID APPLY TO THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ALREADY IN GOV - and they used it to up their pay and NEW keep people out

also as a way to fund a new era of gov jobs to give to their kin: the mandatory gov schooling jobs. the gov worker makes $35k, up to $1 million a year educating you job - while when you get out they wont hire you: they'd rather hire a nigger on welfare, jobs

Posted by: GVCeh ()
Date: February 07, 2015 01:25PM

the SOL tests are about if teachers are cheating. and they do

the SOL tests are about if whether a very expensive school is actually doing anything the state needs it to do

the SOL test isn't about the student. hell andrew jackson was a president and self educated - a fact Virginia schools used to teach not hide.

the SOL test look for cheating county schools

Posted by: HWvHK ()
Date: February 07, 2015 01:28PM

do you mean cheating gov workers cheating spics who give each other good grades and live in theiving families ? who are stealing the school money and who's kids arent worth shit but get in gov, and the poor kids are suffering visibly as a result ?

yes. that's exactly what i mean.

Posted by: nastyaheyyo ()
Date: April 28, 2015 06:30AM

Oh, these changes will drive me mad soon! I think that education is very important for life of everyone and it’s our future! I study in the university and I like it! But, unfortunately, I cannot find enough time for my studies, because I have to work! Sometimes I order my essays on-line, so some customers' reviews, like this http://www.icue2014.org/ are extremely useful. I assure you that your ‘paper’ will be written very qualitatively and with the soul! I recommend it, because my friends and I use it very often and we’re very happy with everything! Don’t pay attention to this mess in the system of education! You must study to your heart’s content and enjoy your life! I wish to everybody good luck!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 03:12PM by nastyaheyyo.

Posted by: Anna ()
Date: January 10, 2021 09:13PM

In my opinion, If you can't pass an SOL test, you probably shouldn't be graduating.

Posted by: nbmld ()
Date: January 10, 2021 09:26PM

Anna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opinion, If you can't pass an SOL test, you
> probably shouldn't be graduating.

Any test that measures intelligence or knowledge is racist because negros can't pass them. Everyone knows that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.