HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Property Damage Hit and Run - White Chevy pickup - Thursday night 4/16 (Kingstowne/Alexandria)
Posted by: dcmidnight ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:00PM

On Thursday evening at approximately 10:45 pm a white pickup truck, while attempting to turn around in our neighborhood (Old Brentford Court - Alexandria), backed into an empty parking space, jumped the curb, crossed the sidewalk and slammed into my stairs/railing at a high rate of speed - destroying my railing. This person then took off without stopping. It is not as if they nipped the curb and took off, this person flew the curb, crossed 6-8 feet of sidewalk and then slammed into my stairs/railing before taking off. Thankfully there was no one out walking their dogs or anyone in the area at that point.

The truck is a white pickup truck that would have (possibly significant) damage to the rear bumper. My neighbor and I that saw the incident believe it was a Chevy.

If you have any information, if you have seen or do see this truck parked in your neighborhood or you may know anything about who was driving it last night or who they were visiting – please contact me.

Again this truck would now have damage to the rear bumper.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Property Damage Hit and Run - White Chevy pickup - Thursday night 4/16 (Kingstowne/Alexandria)
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:06PM

I saw the whole thing. What's it worth to you?

Re: Property Damage Hit and Run - White Chevy pickup - Thursday night 4/16 (Kingstowne/Alexandria)
Posted by: let the cops deal with it. ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:36PM

Did you even call the police non-emergency number after the incident??

I get the impression that you didn't bother reporting it, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why you came on here instead instead of calling it in.

But maybe you'll get lucky and someone on here has actually seen the car in question.

Apologies if you actually did report it (you just didn't say if you had or not), but hopefully the guy will get caught.

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:47PM

It's a given when that much damage is done by a hit and run, and there's a description of the vehicle, that the police were notified.

Police can't be everywhere, so what's wrong with reaching out to the community to try to find someone who may have seen or heard something and pass along to the police?

Hopefully someone from Alexandria will be able to provide a little more for the police.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 17, 2009 03:02PM

Thanks, I'll let you know immediately if I see a white pickup truck. There's only, what? A couple thousand in NOVA??? Probably half with a damaged rear bumper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 03:03PM by Lurker..

Posted by: be by later ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:39PM

I have located the truck, it was occupied by 5 gang members, Hope you dont mind but I gave them your home address and they will be by later to settle up,,,,,

Posted by: dcmidnight ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:43PM

A full report was filed with the police last night and they followed up with a callback today. But they dont exactly have property damage hit and runs at the top of their list - and frankly I dont blame them. But thats why I tried to use every resource I could. I have posted fliers in the neighborhood and now decided to try and use whatever message boards I could find.

Honestly I called the police more out of the fear that the guy was hammered and may go off and kill someone.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 04:44PM by dcmidnight.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:46PM

I did it!

Posted by: Pedroo ()
Date: April 17, 2009 07:21PM

You've been "Beanerd".

Your insurance will cover the unlicensed driver.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.