HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Most Deranged Poster
Posted by: Deranged ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:16PM

So who is the most deranged poster, and why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Most Deranged Poster
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:30PM

It's probably one of the anon posters who come on here to troll, but out of any of the regular folks, I'd have to say Spunky. Wild tales about seeing the 9/11 hijackers at Dave & Busters, delusions about an FU conspiracy to "cover up" jet engine noises, paranoid accusations that Elliot in the Morning is somehow using this forum to torment her, unfathomable stories about mysterious people who enter her house for some ludicrous, sinister purpose.... the list goes on and on.

She's a trip.

Posted by: dERANGED ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:32PM

sounds a good'n i will look her up!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:10PM

Hands down, Spunky, complete and utter lunatic.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:12PM

Why hasn't Gravis exposed her identity yet? It is a mystery.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:41PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why hasn't Gravis exposed her identity yet? It is
> a mystery.

i dont think anyone actually wants to know who she is. it's hard enough knowing she's managed to get on the internet.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:52PM

Can you at least say if it's a legit, unique voter, or one of someone's alts?

You're right, anything past that is horrifying to consider.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: April 17, 2009 04:55PM

I'd like to know if those pro-O'Meara posters are all the same person. And if he has the same IP address as one Mike O'Meara.

Posted by: Schnook ()
Date: April 17, 2009 05:06PM

i thought kinda the point of this site was for people to be able to post anonymously

so are you saying that people contributing to the herndon death thread could actually be exposed like that?

there is some pretty sensitive information that people share here, including myself. if we are not anoymous then that should be information informed to people as they sign up. it could have an affect on someone making a post. like a "whistle blower"

Date: April 17, 2009 05:09PM

Schnook Wrote:
> i thought kinda the point of this site was for
> people to be able to post anonymously

apparently you missed the line at the top of every page.

Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication between residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.

i am not seeing the word anonymous anywhere in there.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Abe Lincoln Logs ()
Date: April 17, 2009 05:18PM

Gravis,

Can you confirm whether Alias truly is an, um, Alias of another poster?

Thanks dude,

Picture Guy
Attachments:
GOPLincolnLogs.bmp

Date: April 17, 2009 05:19PM

interesting

so are you saying that no one should say anything on this forum that they would not feel comfortable saying in real life (and having ppl know they said it), because people on this site outside of the site owner (non-admin) have the ability to identify individual users?

this is making me nervous now if so

Date: April 17, 2009 05:24PM

oh and i just saw this, which was posted by who appears to be an administrator

Welcome to Fairfax Underground! [New users read this first]
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 03, 2005 03:07AM

Welcome to Fairfax Underground! A free and anonymous forum designed to improve communication between residents of Northern Virginia.

This forum was created in 2005 out of my personal frustration in trying to find local information on the internet. Fairfax Underground aims to be a public resource for all residents of Northern Virginia. In keeping with the anonymous public resource theme, you do not need an account to view or post messages to the Fairfax Underground forums. Although, if you do register an account you gain additional features such as private messaging and a designated nickname that cannot be forged.

The overwhelming majority of visitors use this site strictly as a resource and never contribute new content. There is nothing wrong with this but I must impress upon you that there is only as much information available on the internet as you add to it. I implore you to please not be shy about posting in these forums. There is no matter too trivial as long as it's relevant.

Please take the opportunity to ask your neighbors whatever you are curious about. You don't have to provide your real name or email address, and the worst that can happen is that nobody responds. And perhaps a month from now someone will search google for the exact same thing and find your post. So go on, hit that Post New Topic button, what do you have to lose?

[Features]
Forums: The forums are the primary feature of Fairfax Underground. There are currently 4 sections:
* Fairfax General: Just about everything should go here. Anything of interest to Northern Virginia as a whole should be posted to this forum.
* Specific City/Town: "Local" forums for a specific town. Used for very specific things, ie. complain about potholes on a neighborhood street.
* NoVA Underground: Local forums for our neighbors in Arlington, Prince William and Loudoun.
* Off-Topic: Everything else

The forums are open and anonymous. Anything relevant will not be deleted or altered in any way. Occasionally, posts that are either direct personal attacks, spam, or complete garbage will be removed. For more information see the "Moderation" section below.

now i am really confused because there is a statement on anoymity, yet we have users in this thread stating that is not the case. so, which is it? Is this an anoymous site in which a whistle blower (etc) can act freely, w/o fear of having their identities known within the community, or not?

Posted by: schnook ()
Date: April 17, 2009 05:25PM

here is the link in case you hadnt read that

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/104.html

its the first post on the top of the page

LMK wht you think

Date: April 17, 2009 05:31PM

Abe Lincoln Logs Wrote:
> Gravis,
>
> Can you confirm whether Alias truly is an, um,
> Alias of another poster?
>
> Thanks dude,
>
> Picture Guy

stop posting BMP files you douchebag. that one image was 577.6K. to make a comparison, my images are 25KB on average. you are screwing everyone over that is using dialup and just make the site slow in general.

STOP POSTING BMP FILES.

Date: April 17, 2009 05:34PM

Schnook Wrote:
> oh and i just saw this, which was posted by who
> appears to be an administrator

TOUCHÉ! sir, i stand corrected. unfortunately, this only covers non-interference from cary, not the posters unless cary deems otherwise.

Posted by: Adhesive Horses ()
Date: April 17, 2009 05:58PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Abe Lincoln Logs Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gravis,
> >
> > Can you confirm whether Alias truly is an, um,
> > Alias of another poster?
> >
> > Thanks dude,
> >
> > Picture Guy
>
> stop posting BMP files you douchebag. that one
> image was 577.6K. to make a comparison, my images
> are 25KB on average. you are screwing everyone
> over that is using dialup and just make the site
> slow in general.
>
> STOP POSTING BMP FILES.

Dude, chill the fuck out. No need to throw names my way, especially after I had your back in the Prada Denim drama. I haven't done anything to harm you, that is, unless you are still running 14.4 speed on a Tandy, which I doubt you are.

Anyway, is there a way to reduce the size of BMP files? Are JPEGs and GIFs equally as "harmful", or is it strictly size dependent? It says "no file can be larger than 19.2 MB" - I don't think I'm coming close to that.

Seriously, drop some internets knowledge on me. I'm not a techie like you.

Thanks for the info.

Picture Guy
Attachments:
LittlePonyGlue.jpg

Date: April 17, 2009 11:09PM

Adhesive Horses Wrote:
> Dude, chill the fuck out. No need to throw names
> my way

my apologies, it's just that people posting oversized images is a pet peeve of mine, especially people when people take a picture using their camera and post a 3MB image that they dont crop so they look like the size of Wisconsin being 6400x4800 and the like.

> especially after I had your back in the
> Prada Denim drama.

umm what? if you dont register a name, i cant tell if you are the same person from one post to the next. you should register a name like PictureGuy or something.

> I haven't done anything to
> harm you, that is, unless you are still running
> 14.4 speed on a Tandy, which I doubt you are.

while i dont, i know there are people that look at the site using their iphone, so those people are getting screwed.

> Anyway, is there a way to reduce the size of BMP
> files?

not significantly.

> Are JPEGs and GIFs equally as "harmful",
> or is it strictly size dependent?

forget GIFs, use JPEGs as they are the standard for high compression images when it comes to the internet.

> It says "no file can be larger than 19.2 MB"
> - I don't think I'm coming close to that.

yeah, that's more for attachments that are documents. images are automatically downloaded thus being a pain in the ass if you post large sized files. rarely should an image exceed 100KB that is posted on a forum.

i have attached a small freeware program called "WaveL CompressIt 1.2" to help you compress your images. 50% quality is usually acceptable. it's a very simple program.

Attachments:
compress_it.zip

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 17, 2009 11:34PM

Schnook Wrote:

> now i am really confused because there is a
> statement on anoymity, yet we have users in this
> thread stating that is not the case. so, which is
> it? Is this an anoymous site in which a whistle
> blower (etc) can act freely, w/o fear of having
> their identities known within the community, or
> not?
Attachments:
thug.jpg

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:34AM

\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2012 04:51PM by Alias.

Posted by: il ()
Date: April 19, 2009 02:31AM

that crazy Korean preacher who posts shit on here, he doenst like whites too much

Posted by: Re-Run, Rog, and DeWayne ()
Date: April 20, 2009 10:12AM

Gravis Wrote:

>
> i have attached a small freeware program called
> "WaveL CompressIt 1.2" to help you compress your
> images. 50% quality is usually acceptable. it's
> a very simple program.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to be more aware of post bmp's unless absolutely necessary, like if the subject matter in the thread is perfectly on-point with the pic. I have about 75% of my gallery in jpeg or gif, so I'll try to limit the amount of bmp files I post going forward.
Attachments:
Obamaprime.jpg

Posted by: dwY9W ()
Date: April 20, 2009 10:29AM

FYI - MSPaint will allow you to save files as JPG now too. I know it works in Win XP, not so sure about Win2k.

Anyhow, all you have to do is open the bmp in MSPaint then go to File -> Save As, then change the file type to JPG.

Posted by: So $ ()
Date: April 20, 2009 10:53AM

dwY9W - Dude, that worked perfectly! Reduced a 550KB file to a 23KB. That's $$$.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.