HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
For those of you contemplating a TurboTax purchase.....
Posted by: Hondo ()
Date: January 29, 2015 10:36AM

Many TurboTax purchasers were surprised this year to discover that Intuit has decided to deliberately disable critical features in TurboTax Deluxe. No Schedules C, D, or E. In the past, the product was functional, even though the "Premier" version provided more help and guidance. That was extra functionality and if you needed it you could buy it. But in Deluxe you got the forms, the basic help info, the IRS docs, the final review checking, printing, and e-filing. But not anymore. If you need Schedules C, D. or E, you'll need to upgrade to the $80 Premier Edition. Even in the high-priced Premier version, Schedule C is crippled -- limited to $100 of deductions in a couple of expense categories. I.e. only good for a tiny hobby business, and maybe not even that.

Many of you might be aware of the fact that Intuit (and only Intuit) complained to the Commonwealth of Virginia that their free VA State Tax preparation website was "unfair competition the private industry". That website through the Department of Taxation was shuttered about two years ago thanks to Intuit. It cost VA taxpayers all of $80K out of the state budget to keep it active. Now, VA residents that want to prepare their tax returns electronically had to upgrade to Deluxe versions of the tax prep software, and Intuit laughed all the way to the bank, while all of us footed the bill by sending our money into their corporate coffers.

So what to do? H&R Block software imports your TurboTax return of last year into its program. And if you already bought TurboTax Deluxe and realized you needed the extra functionality but didn't get it, H&R is offering their software for free, provided you still have your TT Proof of Purchase. Something to consider.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 10:37AM by Hondo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For those of you contemplating a TurboTax purchase.....
Posted by: Henry Block ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:14AM

Well done, my boy. There will be a little something extra in the pay envelope next month.

Posted by: Shawshank ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:24AM

Additional information in an e-mail from Intuit...

"But good intent must be matched with great execution, and that is where we let you down. We have heard from many of you that you were surprised when you discovered the change. No one likes this kind of a surprise, so we are taking immediate action to make things right and help you through this transition year.
We are giving $25 back if you purchased TurboTax Deluxe desktop software (CD or download) and filed your 2013 tax return and have to upgrade to TurboTax Premier or Home & Business to file your 2014 return. This will help you move to the right desktop product, while reducing the immediate and unexpected financial impact. After completing and filing your return this year, request your $25 here."

Posted by: sockpuppet2 ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:35AM

Sure Henry. Better than your advertising last year...

Posted by: Henry Block
Date: May 14, 2014 07:44PM
How sad for you ... Now, what I have that you don't is an actually functioning and useful brain. That's why you have to come crawling to me every April begging for help. "Oh, Mr. Block. This 1040-EZ is s-o-o-o-o-o complicated. I can't understand it." So we take care of that for you. And leave you all your useless dicks to do with as you please. Suck on them like a lollipop for all we care.

Posted by: Hondo ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:46AM

Shawshank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Additional information in an e-mail from
> Intuit...
>
.... so we are taking
> immediate action to make things right and help you
> through this transition year.
> We are giving $25 back if you purchased TurboTax
> Deluxe desktop software (CD or download) and filed
> your 2013 tax return and have to upgrade to
> TurboTax Premier or Home & Business to file your
> 2014 return. This will help you move to the right
> desktop product, while reducing the immediate and
> unexpected financial impact. After completing and
> filing your return this year, request your $25
> here."

Yeah, I got that too. It was missing part of the message, though I think I can reconstruct what was left off:

"Then, next year, you can pay the full price on Premier. Thank you for your devotion and your dollars."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 11:47AM by Hondo.

Posted by: Vuze ()
Date: January 29, 2015 01:59PM

LOL...TurboTax purchase...LOL

And don't bother trying to scare me or others unless you actually have a bad experience to share--6 years so far getting Deluxe or Premier on Kickass, Demonoid or TPB with NO problems.

Posted by: TT fan ()
Date: January 29, 2015 03:41PM

I love TT....they've been great for me!
Last time I went to HR Block, some nigger in there fucked up my taxes.

Posted by: Mandingo Longsticker ()
Date: January 29, 2015 04:29PM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

And later he fucked your wife. She loves the BBC.

Once you go Black, you can't go Back
to eenie-teenie white peenie.

Posted by: Here, pussy, pussy, pussy ()
Date: January 29, 2015 04:39PM

sockpuppet2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure Henry. Better than your advertising last
> year...

Aw, did somebody tell the little boy to go suck his useless dick? That's so sad! What a mean man that must have been!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.