HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Blizzard of 2015
Posted by: Weatherman ()
Date: January 27, 2015 09:29AM

Did you survive Juno - the Blizzard of 2015, that dumped "several" inches of snow in NJ and other areas? Tell your tale of survival here!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blizzard of 2015
Posted by: Diehard Lib ()
Date: January 27, 2015 09:32AM

I'm still waiting for the government to come dig me out from the inch of snow here in Arlington.

Posted by: Empirical Data ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:00AM

You're in Arlington? Just how the plow truck comes down the right way.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:16AM

I went outside to get the newspaper and got some snow in my shoe, I'm ok, but my socks are wet. I will never forget this superstorm.

Posted by: thehumanity ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:20AM

I have scheduled some extra sessions with my therapist. Even though we only got a light dusting here, seeing the images of the snow in the Northeast has traumatized me to the point I can't make it in to work. I know it is January in the northern hemisphere but I don't ever recall seeing this kind of hysteria about snow before. It's scary I tell you.

Posted by: Failures... ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:31AM

People with no actual sense of humor trying to goof on something that's inherently not funny to begin with. That's FFXU for you...

Date: January 27, 2015 10:34AM

You guys think everything's a game. Maybe you wish you got that snow here, huh?

Posted by: oh shiznit ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:44AM

what the fuck am I going to do now with my:

4 gallons of milk
7 loafs of bread
5 dozen of eggs
50 rolls of toilet paper(in high school i know what I would have done with it)
10 bags of salt for the sideway

Posted by: scared in Reston ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:50AM

You're in Reston. Your house is surrounded by .25 inches of snow. You're running out of food. What do you do?

Posted by: Prepper ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:40AM

scared in Reston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're in Reston. Your house is surrounded by .25
> inches of snow. You're running out of food. What
> do you do?

Just got back from Walmart and stocking up on ammo. Waiting now for the scavengers to come looking for my food supplies.

Posted by: TvVuU ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:41AM

Oh the horror! Think if you had to live this way the rest of your life! Collapse of Basic Services

Posted by: Bizzy Commuter ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:43AM

I abandoned my car near the beltway and Rt. 7. in anticipation of a blizzard last night. Who will give me a lift to go fetch it?

Posted by: Tyree S. ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:46AM

We took no precautions and went ahead and ate Fido to survive. In hindsight, sure, it might've been a hasty decision, but we were facing an inch of snow, with high winds and drifts up to three inches. Anyone with common sense would've done the same.

Posted by: Let's recap... ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:51AM

Major impacts of the storm were forecast for North Jersey to Maine. That's where the major impacts fell. Fairfax County is of course nowhere near any of those places. We got what was forecast for us. Funny how that all works out, isn't it?

Posted by: New Jersan ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:56AM

The 36" forecast for my area looks a lot more like 5" to me. But I survived somehow. But yes, I still believe that we need to eliminate individual rights now and give absolute power to King Obama to prevent a hot summer 200 years from now.

Posted by: NOVA.Dude ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:00PM

The utter...devastation...

Words...fail me...

The snow is so deep out there it's like someone flew a plane into building. I've got 4-wheel drive. And since I live in NOVA, I have no idea how to use it but...I've got it and...that's all that matters.

Why do the Muslims hate us so much that they would turn their advanced weather weaponry against us?

I must...fight on...it took me 2 minutes to shovel the entire length of my driveway. I see my neighbors struggling...they're Indian, so...that means they're Muslims too and I probably shouldn't help them though, right?

It would be...cruel...irony...if the snow meant to kill honest Americans actually ended up killing Indians who have been in this country for 60 years.

If you're reading this...don't give up...the authorities will find you, no matter what occurs!

Posted by: iLester ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:43PM

I don't recall seeing so much plow activity at 3 am for so little snow. I lost about 2-3 hours of sleep.

Posted by: Kanu Imageen ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:55PM

New York got upwards of 11". DeBlasio imposed martial law and made it a crime to drive on the streets. Why do idiots vote for these libnazis?

Posted by: uNH43 ()
Date: January 27, 2015 05:04PM

I just want to let the Liberals know that at 5:45 a.m., I woke up, and by 6:45, my driveway was done, and my wife and I went to work. Without any government help.

I know that pisses you Liberals off.

Posted by: p3cUG ()
Date: January 27, 2015 05:07PM

at least snow keeps the surfers away !

Posted by: Card Carrying Lib ()
Date: January 27, 2015 09:45PM

uNH43 Wrote:
> I just want to let the Liberals know that at 5:45
> a.m., I woke up, and by 6:45, my driveway was
> done, and my wife and I went to work. Without any
> government help.
>
> I know that pisses you Liberals off.

You better pray we don't find you before the police do. Self reliance is a federal offense per King Obama's executive edict. Worse, it is an offense to nanny-state advocates everywhere.

Posted by: 7xYUt ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:01PM

uNH43 Wrote:
> I just want to let the Liberals know that at 5:45
> a.m., I woke up, and by 6:45, my driveway was
> done, and my wife and I went to work. Without any
> government help.
>
> I know that pisses you Liberals off.

when i woke up it was melted

Posted by: butwhoknows ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:29PM

I ended up hosting an impromptu playdate at my house. Yay (heavy sarcasm here.) School was canceled shortly before 5am. I woke up an hour later, looked at the bare roads and thought "wtf?" but maybe in some parts of the county they were buried in snow. Whatever. Slept for another hour, so that was a bonus (and one that I was deeply grateful for later.....)

So, a few hours (and coffee) later, the impromptu playdate happened. Northern Virginia is fine, but Boston and NY got pasted bigtime, evidently. Our guests mom got stuck (airline stewardess) from all of the cities with cancelled flights and it took her 3 extra flights to get home. After nearly 2 days without sleep, and dealing with stranded, unhappy, whining travelers?

....well, duh. So the kiddos played at my house while she slept. With a bunch of lively kids in my house, and a bitch of a headache as the cherry on the top of my sundae? My goal was to merely survive.

I booted up all of the computers so they could play minecraft, dragged out the legos and all of the my little pony s**t, and told them "no lessons - have fun!" and hid in the bedroom with a book. Kept the door open so I can be certain they were setting the house on fire or mauling the cat, but otherwise I was like The World's Laziest Mom today. Sorry. I have my hero days - today was not one of them.

Lunch was chicken nuggets and chips (yep, bad mom). I survived the Non-Blizzard/Really S****y Day of 2015. This was one of those days when I remember why I don't have a Duggar-sized family.

Thanks for listening to me rant. For what it's worth, at least I got to sleep in, so I don't resent having a snow day. However, I wish Aunt Flo would have decided to postpone her visit another day instead of coming to visit tonight. That, on top of everything else, made this day pretty crappy.

Posted by: Native NYer ()
Date: January 28, 2015 02:45AM

Worst day of my life. I ran out of certified-organic kale. Now I know exactly what it was like to be a Jew in a nazi concentration camp.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.