HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Obamacare is failing! And the earth is NOT getting warmer! And Saddam Hussein was going to give his nukes to Al Qaeda
Posted by: I want you to be smarter ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:01AM

Seriously - you people will just grab on to any weak-ass hint of evidence that the stuff you don't like isn't true, and the stuff you do like is true.

Obamacare is working, its lowering health care costs and many millions of people - including millions of Republicans who hate Obamacare - now have health insurance so they can see doctors and get healthier.

AND the earth is getting warmer because of human activities

AND Saddam didn't have nukes, and he wasn't working with Al Qaeda

AND if you don't believe what I'm saying, its because you've been very effectively brainwashed. Try getting some new sources of information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obamacare is failing! And the earth is NOT getting warmer! And Saddam Hussein was going to give his nukes to Al Qaeda
Posted by: Thanks for the Info ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:11AM

Also, thousands of black babies are shot every day by Ku Klux Klan Kops and their hands were up in the air when they were shot.

And, 2.9 out of 3 women are gang raped while attending college, they're also raped by the Ku Klux Klan. Who are white, like the cops who shoot the little babies.

Islam had nothing to do with 9/11 or the Charlie Hedbo shooting. It was Republican oil executives from the NRA and Fox News who were Christians and 1%ers.

Re: Obamacare is failing! And the earth is NOT getting warmer! And Saddam Hussein was going to give his nukes to Al Qaeda
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:16AM

I want you to be smarter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously - you people will just grab on to any
> weak-ass hint of evidence that the stuff you don't
> like isn't true, and the stuff you do like is
> true.
>
> Obamacare is working, its lowering health care
> costs and many millions of people - including
> millions of Republicans who hate Obamacare - now
> have health insurance so they can see doctors and
> get healthier.
>
> AND the earth is getting warmer because of human
> activities
>
> AND Saddam didn't have nukes, and he wasn't
> working with Al Qaeda
>
> AND if you don't believe what I'm saying, its
> because you've been very effectively brainwashed.
> Try getting some new sources of information.

I’m confused. Is it or isn’t it? Make up your mind or STFU!!!!

Posted by: Face it... ()
Date: January 27, 2015 12:57AM

Stupid people believe stupid things. This is how right-wingers are made.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 27, 2015 02:11AM

`
Attachments:
1418098400210.jpg

Posted by: 50/50 ()
Date: January 27, 2015 03:45AM

Obamacare only works if you're in a certain income bracket with a family. Being single, making income that actually allows you to live in this area comfortably... well there comes a line where the non insurance penalty becomes more attractive than having insurance. Case in point: If you're single, and make $38k a year, then the cheapest "Bronze" plan holds you back $100 or so a month. Now the issue with the bronze plans is that they don't cover shit becasue you have a 12k deductable that you must meet before they start paying for any procedures. So then the question comes out to be... will you spend $12k in healthcare costs in a full year? Because if you're only spending $5k then you're better off paying the fine. $325 or $12k... which one is the wiser choise?

However, if you make the same $38k and have lets say a wife and a child in your house hold, then that $100 a month completely disappears and you practically pay nothing for that "bronze plan". Hell, you could probably upgrade to the next level and pay a very small fee. Now in that situation, you'd be dumb not to take the insurance.

And that folks, is why Obamacare sucks. Had the Bronze plans actually had been set up to get rid of the induerinsurance that many said this plan would fix, $100 a month for quality health care (even if it is basic) seems reasonable, but at this point FAMIS is a better program than Obamacare. At least in FAMIS you're always copaying... you can't do copays in Bronze level plans, it usually is 100% out of pocket till the deductable comes. At $100 I'd expect a service similar to FAMIS, where a doctor costs say $35 per visit, specialized treatemnet is only covered if necessary (So vanity things like wrinkles aren't covered but acne is), etc. Wrinkle removal or acne control, full price on the Bronze.

Posted by: Currymanderer2 ()
Date: January 27, 2015 07:42AM

50/50 Wrote:
> Obamacare only works if you're in a certain income
> bracket with a family. Being single, making income
> that actually allows you to live in this area
> comfortably... well there comes a line where the
> non insurance penalty becomes more attractive than
> having insurance. Case in point: If you're single,
> and make $38k a year, then the cheapest "Bronze"
> plan holds you back $100 or so a month. Now the
> issue with the bronze plans is that they don't
> cover shit becasue you have a 12k deductable that
> you must meet before they start paying for any
> procedures. So then the question comes out to
> be... will you spend $12k in healthcare costs in a
> full year? Because if you're only spending $5k
> then you're better off paying the fine. $325 or
> $12k... which one is the wiser choise?
>
> However, if you make the same $38k and have lets
> say a wife and a child in your house hold, then
> that $100 a month completely disappears and you
> practically pay nothing for that "bronze plan".
> Hell, you could probably upgrade to the next level
> and pay a very small fee. Now in that situation,
> you'd be dumb not to take the insurance.
>
> And that folks, is why Obamacare sucks. Had the
> Bronze plans actually had been set up to get rid
> of the induerinsurance that many said this plan
> would fix, $100 a month for quality health care
> (even if it is basic) seems reasonable, but at
> this point FAMIS is a better program than
> Obamacare. At least in FAMIS you're always
> copaying... you can't do copays in Bronze level
> plans, it usually is 100% out of pocket till the
> deductable comes. At $100 I'd expect a service
> similar to FAMIS, where a doctor costs say $35 per
> visit, specialized treatemnet is only covered if
> necessary (So vanity things like wrinkles aren't
> covered but acne is), etc. Wrinkle removal or acne
> control, full price on the Bronze.

Oh shit, you posted facts. libs are going to go apeshit.

Posted by: important ()
Date: January 27, 2015 07:44AM

41 million Americans still refuse to pay the Obamacare tax. Good for them! Fuck tyranny and dems!

Posted by: Vic ()
Date: January 27, 2015 08:28AM

Hey OP - you sorry piece of shit,

Take your off topic political ramblings over too Offtopics. Assholes like you are what's dragging this place down.

Cary, please move this to the garbage heap of Offtopics. TIA

Posted by: please get smarter ()
Date: January 27, 2015 09:16AM

Sorry, I should have specified that Obamacare actually works in Fairfax County, that global warming due to human activities actually affects people in Fairfax county, and that the soldiers from Fairfax county who fought and died in Iraq were sent there NOT because Saddam had nukes or was working with Al Qaeda - but for some other reason. Ask Fairfax County resident Dick Cheney for the reason.

"Obamacare only works if you're in a certain income
> bracket with a family"

Hey, guess what - that's a lot of people! We agree that Obamacare works for a lot of people! Awesome! Its great to find places we agree.

"Now the
> procedures. "

I just went to healthcare.gov, and looked at Fairfax county plans for a 23-year-old making too much money to get subsidies, and guess what - the bronze plans highest deductible was $6600! Not 12k, like the poster told us!

This is an excellent example of how people give you wrong information - and you believe them - and you end up thinking the wrong thing. Again - if you think Obamacare isn't working - then you're listening to the wrong people.

Oh - I also found Bronze plans that had copays. I expect there will be other facts wrong if I kept looking.

Posted by: are you smarter? ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:52AM

Got awful quiet on this thread - did you find the healthcare.gov plans OK? Manage to enter a person on the site? Get to see all the plans available?

Posted by: cunt alert ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:03AM

Vic Wrote:
> Hey OP - you sorry piece of shit,
>
> Take your off topic political ramblings over too
> Offtopics. Assholes like you are what's dragging
> this place down.
>
> Cary, please move this to the garbage heap of
> Offtopics. TIA

You are a level 4 cunt who doesnt understand satire

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: January 27, 2015 11:44AM

cunt alert Wrote:
> You are a level 4 cunt who doesnt understand satire.

When satire fails, it is always the fault of the often after-the-fact satirist-wannabe.

Posted by: the truth in Fairfax ()
Date: January 27, 2015 03:29PM

The first two items in the subject line are true, the third is not, but Saddam did have chemical weapons and he was bluffing that his arsenal was bigger than it was because he was more worried about Iran than the US, he chose poorly.

Posted by: Democrat Goobers Again ()
Date: January 27, 2015 06:00PM

Democrat Goobers again want to believe. Hope. Still, Obamacare is crashing. Especially in Fairfax County where almost all of us are seeing large increases in healthcare costs and bigger deductibles this year.

Now we learn that almost the entire increase in employment in 2014 was in, wait for it.... TEXAS!

We can still hope that sea levels rise and California falls into the Pacific. Real hope! Real change!

Posted by: you are not getting smarter ()
Date: January 28, 2015 04:31PM

the truth in Fairfax Wrote:
> The first two items in the subject line are true,
> the third is not, but Saddam did have chemical
> weapons and he was bluffing that his arsenal was
> bigger than it was because he was more worried
> about Iran than the US, he chose poorly.

Really? The earth is not getting warmer? Seriously?

No need to go on with you

Posted by: and you are not getting smarter ()
Date: January 28, 2015 04:34PM

Democrat Goobers Again Wrote:
> Democrat Goobers again want to believe. Hope.
> Still, Obamacare is crashing. Especially in
> Fairfax County where almost all of us are seeing
> large increases in healthcare costs and bigger
> deductibles this year.

What, exactly, are the differences in healthcare costs and deductibles in Fairfax County from last year to this year? Cuz I don't believe you.

>
> Now we learn that almost the entire increase in
> employment in 2014 was in, wait for it.... TEXAS!

What, exactly, are the employment totals for the entire country in 2014, and for Texas? Cuz I don't believe that either.

>
> We can still hope that sea levels rise and
> California falls into the Pacific. Real hope!
> Real change!

Posted by: Put up or shut up ()
Date: January 28, 2015 04:53PM

you are not getting smarter Wrote:
> the truth in Fairfax Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The first two items in the subject line are
> true,
> > the third is not, but Saddam did have chemical
> > weapons and he was bluffing that his arsenal
> was
> > bigger than it was because he was more worried
> > about Iran than the US, he chose poorly.
>
>
> Really? The earth is not getting warmer?
> Seriously?
>
> No need to go on with you

So exactly how much warmer is it?

Relative to what as a basis?

Over what period of time?

Dumbshits act like you know something when you're just parroting the same bs from the other side.

Posted by: I think you want to be smarter ()
Date: January 28, 2015 05:52PM

>
> So exactly how much warmer is it?
>
> Relative to what as a basis?
>
> Over what period of time?
>

google "graph showing warmer earth"

1st link: http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/ - do you not believe NASA? shows tremendous rise in carbon-dioxide levels, way out of historical boundaries

For actual temperature, lets go with northern hemisphere over the last 1000 years, as described here; http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~rjsw/all%20pdfs/Shietal2013.pdf

for a good discussion of how people like you have tried to confuse the issue, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record_of_the_past_1000_years

Posted by: Full of Shit ()
Date: January 28, 2015 06:09PM

I think you want to be smarter Wrote:
> do you not believe NASA?

Hahahahahahahah Hahaha hahaha haha, no

www.breitbart.com/big-government/2011/05/13/nasa-gets-caught-faking-climate-change-data-again/

Posted by: I like you ()
Date: January 28, 2015 11:26PM

> > do you not believe NASA?
>
> Hahahahahahahah Hahaha hahaha haha, no
>
> www.breitbart.com/big-government/2011/05/13/nasa-g
> ets-caught-faking-climate-change-data-again/

OK, see that's a good example. I reference information from a government agency full of scientists - and you counter with information from a blog WHOSE MISSION IS TO CREATE CONSERVATIVE MATERIAL

You choose to believe stuff from Breitbart, and you ain't getting any smarter

How about NOAA? Are all those scientists also lying? And its just Breitbart who's telling the truth?

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/outreach/faq_cat-3.html#45

Re: would you like COLDER ?
Posted by: LouderThanHell ()
Date: January 28, 2015 11:56PM

Oh no, Earth getting warmer?
what a shame.

I'm sure it would be better for the hippie Liberals and the Demoncat fundraisers if we were entering a new ICE AGE.

If the Earth were getting COLDER they could really cram down on those evil oil companies that waste our precious fossils fuels and make millions in greedy profits.

Re: would you like COLDER ?
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: January 29, 2015 12:01AM

that’s funny
and true

Posted by: WEINER MAN ()
Date: January 29, 2015 01:46AM

Climate change?

Oh noes!!!!!!!!!! What will we ever do?

Lib-tardz!!!

LoLz!!!!

Posted by: Yes You Are a Weiner ()
Date: January 29, 2015 05:38AM

WEINER MAN Wrote:
> Climate change?
>
> Oh noes!!!!!!!!!! What will we ever do?
>
> Lib-tardz!!!
>
> LoLz!!!!

Climate change will most likely not impact your life too much. More shoveling snow maybe, but what about your children and your children's children? Typical replitard, thinking of no-one but yourself. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Wait, what am I thinking? A retard like you is most likely a virgin. Nevermind, my mistake.

Posted by: puck head ()
Date: January 29, 2015 07:29AM

What happened to the hockey stick model? My water front property was supposed to be submerged by now.

Bunch of gullible mother fuckers.

Posted by: gullible? ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:41AM

puck head Wrote:
> What happened to the hockey stick model? My water
> front property was supposed to be submerged by
> now.
>
> Bunch of gullible mother fuckers.

Again - we're gullible because we believe scientists?

Or are you gullible because you believe conservative media?

Here's the original hockey stick graph, fig. 3, its only been getting warmer since then:
http://www.meteo.psu.edu/holocene/public_html/shared/research/ONLINE-PREPRINTS/Millennium/mbh99.pdf

Here's data on current sea level rising trends: http://www.meteo.psu.edu/holocene/public_html/shared/research/ONLINE-PREPRINTS/Millennium/mbh99.pdf

Looks like levels are rising around a couple feet per century, so your property is safe during your lifetime and your kids'. So I guess you don't have to worry about it!

Or you could chose to care what happens to other people.

Posted by: still hoping ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:54AM

Case in point: If you're single,
> and make $38k a year, then the cheapest "Bronze"
> plan holds you back $100 or so a month. Now the
> procedures.

We havent't heard back from this person.

Were they a professional liar, just swooping in to lie and once I pointed out the lie by posting facts from the healthcare.gov website, they don't come back?

Anybody know who pays the professional liars that troll forums like this?

Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: January 29, 2015 12:43PM

Can a person make a living trolling and quoting Breitbart on forums such as this one? Any idea what it pays? Benefits? 401(k), group life? Paid holidays? Weekends? This is actually a semi-serious question because I've read about paid commenters but never met one.

This isn't a serious question: Is there a Paid Troll union? Maybe someone should organize the International Brotherhood of Information Fabricators, AFL-CIO-CLC. The DC local could march in the Labor Day parade and hand out leaflets demanding to be disbanded.

Posted by: Gee Whiz Wally ()
Date: January 29, 2015 12:47PM

So you're telling me that sea levels can change over hundreds of years and we need to take drastic action to make sure they stay the same for the sakes of our great great grandchildren?

Posted by: thank you ()
Date: January 29, 2015 02:43PM

Yes, that's right.

The action doesn't have to be that drastic right now, but we do have to take some action. Are you against taking any action?

And it could be your grandchildren suffering, not your great, greats. Does that make a difference for you?

Posted by: hMbT4 ()
Date: January 29, 2015 02:52PM

thank you Wrote:
> Yes, that's right.
>
> The action doesn't have to be that drastic right
> now, but we do have to take some action. Are you
> against taking any action?
>
> And it could be your grandchildren suffering, not
> your great, greats. Does that make a difference
> for you?

And how would you propose to do that? By giving $100s of billions to Indonesia and African countries in the form of "offsets?" Which is the primary reason that the UN really are so interested in this to begin with.

BTW, much of the *relative* rise in sea levels is due to subsidence not rising water levels. So unless you know of some way to stop that, then what your doing will be pointless.

Posted by: i get it - you get paid for this ()
Date: January 29, 2015 11:55PM

Fixing global warming - can't be done anytime soon, but slowing the rate of warming by limiting CO2 emissions, well, just upgrade infrastructure with an eye to low emissions, as described here: http://newclimateeconomy.report/

Also talks about removing subsidies to fossil fuel producers and refiners. I think we can also mandate higher-mileage cars. No need to pay $100's of billions in offsets.

As you said, subsidence is responsible for relative rises in sea level. But the global rise in sea level continues, and is accelerating, see here: http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-sea-level-rise/

It won't be pointless to stop this global rise in sea levels, that will affect everyone, everywhere.

But look - the far more important question is this - why do you do this for money? Why do you take money to spread lies on forums and in comments? You obviously are a smart person, you can do a lot of things that are worthwhile, and that you can be proud of. But you choose to earn money by lying instead.

My guess is because you think "everybody does it", conservatives and liberals are both out lying as hard as they can, and you're just a soldier in a holy war - or something like that.

Even if that is true, it doesn't make it right. You're still a paid liar, even if the other side might sometimes try the same thing. But you know they're not trying as hard, you know that the conservative side has been working this kind of lying harder and longer, and has been much more successful. Your side is winning. Does that feel good?

What do you tell your family when they ask how work went? What do you tell your kids when they ask what you do? I guess lying is an option.

Posted by: Blame Elsa ()
Date: February 08, 2015 10:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.