HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why is Fairfax County so bad with snow?
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: January 26, 2015 04:57PM

It's like less than a inch and people began panicking. I mean seriously, everyone needs to get a grip and chill out. I mean look at NYC. They are cool as a cucumber as they get blasted by their blizzard. You don't here them panicking. The NYC government does not even seem bothered by the blizzard. So therefore, in conclusion, Fairfax County really needs to calm down in regards to the snowfall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is Fairfax County so bad with snow?
Posted by: Troop ()
Date: January 26, 2015 05:41PM

Too many bleeding heart entitled types moved here in the late 90's and started fucking up the county.

Posted by: BoS ()
Date: January 26, 2015 06:14PM

Too many Democrats. They can't handle anything that's not part of their regular routine.

Posted by: butwhoknows ()
Date: January 26, 2015 06:40PM

Lack of experience (this area doesn't get regular snowfall).

Lack of plows, equipment to treat the roads (this area doesn't get enough snow to make it a good investment).

An aging bus fleet, and while the buses have the engine block warmers, they don't have the bus barns to plug them in. Back in the 70's and 80's, drivers could take them to their houses, and run an extension cord from their house on cold nights. The schools don't allow that anymore (and no, I don't know why).

People here don't know how to drive in the snow, many don't have winter tires. Again, we don't get enough snow annually to invest in that.

Lots of the school kids don't have heavy enough clothing or boots to walk to school, or wait at a freezing bus station for a bus that is delayed. If it's only that cold enough to need that kind of clothing say 10-20 days out of the year? Families on a budget are going to skip the snow boots/pants/HEAVY jacket. Up north - it's daily clothing. So it makes sense to buy it. Down here? With our weather? Mine have that stuff b/c I score it at the thrift.

Southern states are bad with snow for the same reason that Alaska can't deal with 90+ heat waves (yes, it's happened - yes, people don't have a/c so lots of stuff just closed) and for the same reason that when hurricanes hit areas where they usually don't? People are like OMG!!!! If you live on the gulf coast, you have generators and stuff. If it's somewhere where hurricanes CAN hit every 50 years or so but it's really, really rare? People can't deal.

Give it 3 weeks or so, and "winter" as we know it will be over. Then people will start bitching about how much Home Depot is charging for spring planting supplies.

Commence throwing tomatoes now.

Date: January 26, 2015 06:41PM

Nobody is going crazy so get your facts straight, young buck. People are freaking out because we were told we would get 1-3 inches and there's nothing on the ground. We didn't know.

Posted by: Snow Day! ()
Date: January 26, 2015 09:25PM

I can't wait to build another snowman!
Attachments:
snowmandick.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.