HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fcps status for tomorrow
Posted by: Fcps student ()
Date: January 26, 2015 03:30PM

Will school be canceled tomorrow or a 2 hour delay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fcps status for tomorrow
Posted by: FCPS mom ()
Date: January 26, 2015 03:49PM

Come on guys, seriously. Why do we all have our panties up in a bunch about FCPS making a right or wrong call on the weather like our lives depend on it? THEY are not the meteorologists, it's the meteorologists job to predict the weather. Not FCPS. FCPS can only listen to the weather experts and determine a decision based on what they hear. I'm surprised everyone gives FCPS so much heat when the heat should be directed at the meteorologists. If FCPS cancels because they are listening to a weather expert that a storm is supposedly coming, and a storm never comes, that's on the weather experts for not doing their jobs, not FCPS. From here on out, we all need to unite. We need to reconsider the disagreements we have with FCPS and find out who we really should be going after. I say we nominate a leader and start an advocate's group. We have the numbers. In the meantime, just heard we could be looking at over 6" accumulation throughout the day/evening. Let's stick together, guys. Thoughts?
-Brenda, FCPS mom/advocate

Posted by: meteofoligizg ()
Date: January 26, 2015 03:51PM

Just heard it could be over a foot.

Posted by: WtkKw ()
Date: January 26, 2015 04:30PM

The black lady on NBC4 said like 1"

Posted by: gdjyfl ()
Date: January 26, 2015 05:15PM

The DC area supposed to get about 1-3 inches

Posted by: waahh ()
Date: January 26, 2015 05:26PM

There just a 50% of anything even happening. Better do your homework.

Posted by: Weather ()
Date: January 26, 2015 05:32PM

I think at least a condition 3 (2 hour delay). Possible for condition 1, 2, 5 (Schools closed and offices TBD). http://www.fcps.edu/news/conditions.shtml

Posted by: fuckfcps ()
Date: January 26, 2015 05:41PM

Fcps didnt cancel today but the rest of VA did. Probably wont either tomorrow.

Posted by: butwhoknows ()
Date: January 26, 2015 05:55PM

Roads are bare around here. I suppose a bunch of snow could fall tonight and change all that, but I doubt it. Less chance of snow tomorrow than there was today. They will probably be open.

Mine were home sick today, so it didn't really matter either way. They had their study notes and assigned reading, so it wasn't a totally wasted day.

Either they will cancel or not. It really doesn't matter to me either way. They finished Macbeth today, but they still have over a third of Don Quixote to plow through. They won't be bored, and I've got a bunch of mending to do, so I'm like "who cares?" Even IF they use up all of their snow days and they have to extend the school year? What does it matter anyway?

There are worse things that can happen than a school closure.

Posted by: Porsche Boy ()
Date: January 26, 2015 06:12PM

Regardless of how much or how little snow we get, plan on at least a 2 hour delay.

Posted by: Eat coffee ()
Date: January 26, 2015 07:10PM

Cry baby
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Meester Dale ()
Date: January 26, 2015 09:20PM

Schools are clothes tomorrow

Posted by: Do they have the pox? ()
Date: January 26, 2015 09:46PM

"They finished Macbeth today, but they still have over a third of Don Quixote to plow through. They won't be bored, and I've got a bunch of mending to do, so I'm like "who cares?"

Macbeth and Don Quixote in two days? And mending? Really? What century are you living in? If we get to day three, maybe they could read Moby Dick and you could tat some doilies.

Posted by: but who knows ()
Date: January 26, 2015 10:48PM

Do they have the pox? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "They finished Macbeth today, but they still have
> over a third of Don Quixote to plow through. They
> won't be bored, and I've got a bunch of mending to
> do, so I'm like "who cares?"
>
>
> Macbeth and Don Quixote in two days? And mending?
> Really? What century are you living in? If we
> get to day three, maybe they could read Moby Dick
> and you could tat some doilies.

Moby Dick is boring. Plus it's like totally homo. Ditto War and Peace. What's the point with War and Peace? Boredom AND Depression? I read the Cliff's notes, passed the test and never looked back. Russian literature is horrible.

They liked Macbeth because it was full of violence. Endless violence, plus witches. And bitches (Lady Macbeth.) Also, Macbeth is NOT that long. Unless you are a very slow reader - it's a couple of days - max. They were already halfway through, and they are speed readers, so....

Don Quixote I agree. It's fun (lots of sex, violence, priest-abuse, kids being beaten, people having random sex, corpses being tossed around, etc) but with 150 chapters? Well, they have been at it for 5 months now and they still have a ways to go.

As for the mending? Well, the snow pants took a beating. The plastic buckles on those suspenders are crappy. I tossed those and now have to sew the freaking straps into place. I don't want to dump 50+ bucks on a new set (assuming I can even FIND snow pants in the middle of winter - Target is selling swimsuits right now, I mean WTF?) and I can either sew on new buttons on the dress shirts or have the rest of my partner's office staff viewing his nipply action.

Doilies? Please........I barely can sew. The day I waste my time tatting doiles? Please take me out behind the barn and shoot me.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.