HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Golf courses in the area
Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: July 01, 2006 09:02PM

List your favorite courses in the area. I just played Pleasant Valley in Chantilly today for the first time...great course. I'd never played with the GPS in the carts before, which probably was more of a distraction than anything else. Still pretty cool though.

The only other course I've played up here that I'd call a favorite is Bristow Manor in PWC, I guess the name of the city is Bristow. Great wide open course and super-cheap for the area.

I posted a topic like this about a year ago, but I'm too lazy to try to dig it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2006 09:03PM by from the 757.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Golf courses in the area
Posted by: tricki ()
Date: July 01, 2006 10:49PM

My husband plays at Brambleton in Loudoun Co. every weekend. That's his favorite course in this area

Posted by: Ty Webb ()
Date: July 01, 2006 11:18PM

It's a bit of a drive, but I enjoy playing at Bushwood Country Club. I have standing tee time with Judge Smails for a weekly game. They do have a bit of a problem with gophers on the course though, but Carl Spackler is the grounds man who has promised to take care of that issue.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: July 02, 2006 01:02AM

If you can, the Ft. Belvoir North Course. Cheap, though it depends on the rank of the person allowed to be there, but well worth it. They renovated about 10 years ago and it's still worth the trouble. I recommend enlisting for the cheapest green fees. I sound like a Ft. Belvoir shill lately, but fuck it, use and abuse that place if you can. Cheap gas, liquor(including everclear), golf, bowling, etc.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 02, 2006 02:19AM

Rock Island Arsenal in the Mississippi river (illinois) also has an awesome 27-hole golf course. Army bases seem to make good golfing a priority even over security.

Posted by: Judge Smails ()
Date: July 03, 2006 09:34AM

You'll get nothing amd like it

Posted by: Gopher ()
Date: July 03, 2006 10:32AM

I've heard of Bushwood, but didn't that place get blown up by an estranged grounds keeper in an attempt to get rid of gophers? Also, the time I played there the Caddy's were pretty lame!

Reston National has an awesome course. http://www.restonnationalgc.com/billycasperIndex.asp?id=114&page=1806

Posted by: Shitty Greens ()
Date: March 26, 2017 04:08PM

GOOSE SHIT IS A BIG PROBLEM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.