HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SCHOENEMAN ANNOUNCES INTENT TO RUN FOR SULLY DISTRICT SUPERVISOR
Posted by: Schoeneman-Watch ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:32AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 20, 2015 CONTACT: David Skiles, mdskiles@gmail.com; Brian Schoeneman, deltaxii65@gmail.com

SCHOENEMAN ANNOUNCES INTENT TO RUN FOR SULLY DISTRICT SUPERVISOR
Will resign from Fairfax County Electoral Board on Wednesday

CENTRVILLE, VA – Fairfax County Electoral Board Secretary Brian Schoeneman has announced his intent to run for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.

Schoeneman is seeking the seat being vacated by Supervisor Michael Frey (R-Sully), who announced his retirement on Monday. “Having spent the last two years supervising elections in Fairfax County, I realized that I could better serve my community by putting my name on a ballot, rather than continue counting them,” Schoeneman said Tuesday. “I look forward to working hard, earning the Republican nomination and running a successful campaign through November.”

Schoeneman, a Republican, has served over the last two years as Vice Chairman and later as Secretary of the Fairfax County Electoral Board. In 2011, he ran for Virginia House of Delegates against Delegate David Bulova (D-37th) in a district that included portions of Sully. He also serves on the Fairfax County Economic Advisory Commission, and was a member of the Bi-Partisan Election Process Improvement Commission established by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors following the 2012 Presidential Election.

“As a Republican, I have long advocated for balanced budgets, low taxes, reducing the crushing burden of regulations on Fairfax employers, expanding economic development to bring good jobs to Fairfax County, and fighting to ensure that Fairfax County remains the best place to live, work and raise a family,” he noted.

“If elected, I hope to continue my record as a transparent, accessible and honest public servant. I plan on spending the next eleven months meeting the voters of Sully District and demonstrating to them I have the common sense, good judgment and experience to serve them as their County Supervisor.”

Sully Magisterial District, which encompasses Centreville, Chantilly, and portions of Clifton and Oakton, has been represented since its creation by Michael Frey, who announced his intention to retire after six terms on Monday. “I’ve been privileged to know and work with Michael over the last five years. He was very helpful to me during my campaign in 2011, where we spent weekends door knocking together, and in my time on the Electoral Board he has been a welcome resource. No one will be able to fill his shoes, but I look forward to the opportunity to succeed him and continue his excellence in constituent services.”

Under Virginia law, Electoral Board appointees are forbidden to run for office.

In order to comply with the law, Schoeneman will be resigning his seat on the Fairfax County Electoral Board on Wednesday. His replacement will be chosen by the judges of the Circuit Court of Fairfax County. Schoeneman, 37, is a resident of the Virginia Run community of Centreville, where he lives with his wife KayAnn and their son Nicholas.

###

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SCHOENEMAN ANNOUNCES INTENT TO RUN FOR SULLY DISTRICT SUPERVISOR
Posted by: Committee to Bury Brian ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:35AM

How'd that last attempt to get elected go? How many of your voter-fraud people have been prosecuted so far?

Posted by: trustory ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:44AM

he better not post on here anymore, if he wants to make it in politics. his association with this site would make him look morally inappropriate for public office.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:46AM

all-this-and-more-duh-retard-retarded-re

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 06:52AM by WingNut.

Date: January 20, 2015 12:13PM

A better bet would be to end his foolish association with the Republican Party. That forces fealty to a whole range phony platform positions that would make any candidate look bad to large chunks of the general public. Frey has been successful as a RINO Republican and through his long and close histories with Board Democrats, particularly Sharon Bulova. Brian does not have such a history or such leanings. Frey might well have run with no or only token opposition. His decision to retire changes that situation entirely.

Posted by: Good for Brian ()
Date: January 20, 2015 12:39PM

Not a Repbuplican but do find Brian's post insightful and honest.

Posted by: Frey Fan Club ()
Date: January 20, 2015 01:17PM

Sad to see Supervisor Frey retire but glad to see Schoeneman throw his hat into the ring. Now the question is, who will the Democrats put forth?

Date: January 20, 2015 01:25PM

Good for Brian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a Republican but do find Brian's post
> insightful and honest.

LOL! It's PR fluff. "I realized that I could better serve my community by putting my name on a ballot, rather than continue counting them." Don't make me laugh. That's handler-manufactured slop from start to finish. The Electoral Board deals with administration of elections and assurances of voter access. Almost all votes are counted by machine, not by Brian, who -- disguised as a mild-mannered mid-level appointee -- fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way

Date: January 20, 2015 01:27PM

Frey Fan Club Wrote:
> Sad to see Supervisor Frey retire but glad to see
> Schoeneman throw his hat into the ring. Now the
> question is, who will the Democrats put forth?

There will be hurdles to surmount on the GOP side before worrying about any Democrats.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: January 20, 2015 02:58PM

Committee to Bury Brian Wrote:
> How'd that last attempt to get elected go? How
> many of your voter-fraud people have been
> prosecuted so far?

Lost.

We've been working with the State Police and the AG's office, but I haven't heard the results since we met with them in October. Hopefully whoever takes over for me keeps on this.

Posted by: Uhhh ()
Date: January 20, 2015 03:22PM

Anyone else think "Committee to Bury Brian" has an unhealthy obsession with Schoeneman? What does it feel like to be so consumed with hate?

Posted by: yes he is ()
Date: January 20, 2015 04:04PM

Uhhh Wrote:
> Anyone else think "Committee to Bury Brian" has an
> unhealthy obsession with Schoeneman? What does it
> feel like to be so consumed with hate?

+1

Committee is a massively butthurt asswipe. One of our many keyboard warriors here.

I don't live in the Sully District and I don't necessarily agree with Brian on many things, but I give him respect for putting his name out there on this forum. Still not sure if I'd vote for him if I lived in his district, but I'd give him a look-see.

Posted by: DilbertSucks ()
Date: January 20, 2015 05:28PM

Unless my research evades me, near as I can tell this guy hasn't done anything in the greater community outside Fairfax County Electoral Board (blogging and lobbying for a job doesn't count). No charity events? Advisory boards? Republican groups? Church? Youth sports?

Also how is Kerrigan Lane in the Sully District? Did they redraw the boundary?

I wonder who else will run

Posted by: Google is your friend ()
Date: January 20, 2015 05:36PM

DilbertSucks Wrote:
> Unless my research evades me, near as I can tell
> this guy hasn't done anything in the greater
> community outside Fairfax County Electoral Board
> (blogging and lobbying for a job doesn't count).
> No charity events? Advisory boards? Republican
> groups? Church? Youth sports?

Your research skills must be severely lacking. First Google hit....

Brian serves as the Vice President of the Wescott Ridge Homeowners Association and on the Vestry of St. John’s Church, Lafayette Square. He previously served on the Board of Directors of The George Washington University Alumni Association.

He is a member of the American, Virginia and Fairfax Bar Associations, the Republican National Lawyers Association and the Federalist Society.

In 2011 he was appointed to the Fairfax County Economic Advisory Commission. In 2012, he was named to Fairfax County’s Bipartisan Election Improvement Commission.

In 2013, he was appointed to a three year term on the Fairfax County Electoral Board by the judges of the Fairfax Circuit Court.

In 2013 he received the President’s Award from the Fairfax Bar Association for his work in the community.

He has been active in local Virginia politics since 2007, when he joined the Fairfax County Republican Committee. He was a delegate to the 2008, 2009 and 2013 Republican Party of Virginia Conventions and served as precinct captain in Monument Precinct from 2009 to 2011. He was Communications Director for the Fairfax County Republican Committee in 2010. He served as the Fairfax County Republican Committee’s General Counsel from 2012-2013, which included representing the Party in proceedings in Fairfax Circuit Court and running the Party’s Election Day Operations legal team.

What more do you want? About the only thing missing is youth sports.

This is NOT an endorsement of the candidate, just what I was able to find on Google in 0.54 seconds.

Date: January 20, 2015 05:42PM

"Brian serves as the Vice President of the Wescott Ridge Homeowners Association and on the Vestry of St. John’s Church, Lafayette Square. He previously served on the Board of Directors of The George Washington University Alumni Association."

Church in DC, college in DC, neighborhood association?

"He is a member of the American, Virginia and Fairfax Bar Associations, the Republican National Lawyers Association and the Federalist Society."

Anyone can pay to join these things.

"In 2011 he was appointed to the Fairfax County Economic Advisory Commission. In 2012, he was named to Fairfax County’s Bipartisan Election Improvement Commission. In 2013, he was appointed to a three year term on the Fairfax County Electoral Board by the judges of the Fairfax Circuit Court."

So he's been involved with elections.

"He has been active in local Virginia politics since 2007, when he joined the Fairfax County Republican Committee. He was a delegate to the 2008, 2009 and 2013 Republican Party of Virginia Conventions and served as precinct captain in Monument Precinct from 2009 to 2011. He was Communications Director for the Fairfax County Republican Committee in 2010. He served as the Fairfax County Republican Committee’s General Counsel from 2012-2013, which included representing the Party in proceedings in Fairfax Circuit Court and running the Party’s Election Day Operations legal team. "

Ok, some Republican cred. But weak cred in Fairfax.

Posted by: Gerry is Flippin' Mad ()
Date: January 20, 2015 05:49PM

The haters will hate. Stand by for lots of anonymous posts by the Gerry.

List all the other Fairfax politicians, political appointees, and government employees who have the guts to post by their real name on Fairfax Underground, and engage in discussions.

Imagine having a Fairfax Underground supporter on the BoS. That might be cause to unblock the URL at the Government Center.

Date: January 20, 2015 05:51PM

I'm no libtard but this is the guy who beat him last time. Reads a lot differently, no?

"From 2003 to 2005, David was an elected representative on the Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District Board. David is passionate about community service. He is currently on the Board of Trustees of Brain Injury Services, which provides support to survivors of brain injuries and their families, the Board of the City of Fairfax Band, and the Board of Advisors for the William and Mary Thomas Jefferson Program in Public Policy. His is also an honorary member of the Rotary Club of Centreville-Chantilly. Other community service includes: former coach with Fairfax Little League and Burke Athletic Club soccer; former member and treasurer of the Rotary Club of Annandale (1999-2002); former member of the Fairfax County Tree Commission (2004-2005); and, former Governor's appointee to the Chesapeake Bay Local Assistance Board."

How has This guy been a Fairfax community leader?

Posted by: well then ()
Date: January 20, 2015 05:52PM

DilbertSucks Wrote:
> "Brian serves as the Vice President of the Wescott
> Ridge Homeowners Association and on the Vestry of
> St. John’s Church, Lafayette Square. He
> previously served on the Board of Directors of The
> George Washington University Alumni Association."
>
> Church in DC, college in DC, neighborhood
> association?

OK. so you want to criticize where he decides to attend religious services. It is where his college is located. Yes, his neighborhood association. Good for him as it's not something I'd step up to the plate to do.

> "He is a member of the American, Virginia and
> Fairfax Bar Associations, the Republican National
> Lawyers Association and the Federalist Society."
>
> Anyone can pay to join these things.

Actually, I think you need to be an attorney to join these things. I don't think they're accepting applications from the locals at the Lamb Center.

> "In 2011 he was appointed to the Fairfax County
> Economic Advisory Commission. In 2012, he was
> named to Fairfax County’s Bipartisan Election
> Improvement Commission. In 2013, he was appointed
> to a three year term on the Fairfax County
> Electoral Board by the judges of the Fairfax
> Circuit Court."
>
> So he's been involved with elections.

What does the Economic Advisory Commission have to do with elections?

Their purpose is listed as providing policy level recommendations to the BOS on matters related to the development and expansion of the County's economy.

I suppose there might be some tangential connection to elections, but it is VERY tenuous.

> "He has been active in local Virginia politics
> since 2007, when he joined the Fairfax County
> Republican Committee. He was a delegate to the
> 2008, 2009 and 2013 Republican Party of Virginia
> Conventions and served as precinct captain in
> Monument Precinct from 2009 to 2011. He was
> Communications Director for the Fairfax County
> Republican Committee in 2010. He served as the
> Fairfax County Republican Committee’s General
> Counsel from 2012-2013, which included
> representing the Party in proceedings in Fairfax
> Circuit Court and running the Party’s Election
> Day Operations legal team. "
>
> Ok, some Republican cred. But weak cred in
> Fairfax.

Posted by: not in Fairfax ()
Date: January 20, 2015 05:54PM

DilbertSucks Wrote:
> I'm no libtard but this is the guy who beat him
> last time. Reads a lot differently, no?
>
> "From 2003 to 2005, David was an elected
> representative on the Northern Virginia Soil and
> Water Conservation District Board. David is
> passionate about community service. He is
> currently on the Board of Trustees of Brain Injury
> Services, which provides support to survivors of
> brain injuries and their families, the Board of
> the City of Fairfax Band, and the Board of
> Advisors for the William and Mary Thomas Jefferson
> Program in Public Policy. His is also an honorary
> member of the Rotary Club of
> Centreville-Chantilly. Other community service
> includes: former coach with Fairfax Little League
> and Burke Athletic Club soccer; former member and
> treasurer of the Rotary Club of Annandale
> (1999-2002); former member of the Fairfax County
> Tree Commission (2004-2005); and, former
> Governor's appointee to the Chesapeake Bay Local
> Assistance Board."
>
> How has This guy been a Fairfax community leader?

STOP WILLIAM & MARY IS IN WILLIAMBSBURG!!!!!!!

Date: January 20, 2015 06:12PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Lost.

I know.

> We've been working with the State Police and the
> AG's office, but I haven't heard the results since
> we met with them in October. Hopefully whoever
> takes over for me keeps on this.

So nothing at all has actually happened since your referral. See, this is part of why the Committee to Bury Brian was formed. Too much mewling, pandering, and political grandstanding over non-issues such as voter fraud.

Then there is caterwauling over manufactured issues such as the "crushing" burden of regulations on Fairfax employers. This is just poppycock, but once you start down this road, you really do owe it to voters to tell them just which businesses you are preparing to liberate and just which locales and populations that sort of liberating will be putting at risk.

And of course if you seriously want to extol balanced budgets and low taxes, you really should explain to people that this equates to second- or third-rate county schools, parks, and other services. It is less than honest and transparent to leave people believing that first-class services can be had without either high taxes or budget deficits.

And what's the to-do over "expanding economic development to bring good jobs to Fairfax County, and fighting to ensure that Fairfax County remains the best place to live, work and raise a family." Who are you going to do all this "fighting" against? Is there ANYONE anywhere who is opposed to any of those things? No, there isn't. You are just singing in the shower. What sensible people do oppose are the hair-brained ideas often proposed by Republicans to make Fairfax a less desirable and less livable place through refusals to support enhanced revenues and dependable County services in the wake of the damage done by the Great Recession, itself the result of accumulated mistakes on the part of Republicans and cowboy capitalists.

The bottom line here is that if you want to be this wonderful and transparent candidate for the BOS, you are going to have to be a lot more forthcoming, a lot more particular, and a lot more serious about what you propose and what you see as our actual problems. This will involve telling us all just what sorts of signposts along the road ahead you think we will need to watch out for and follow in order to reach our collective goals. As usual, I'll have an eye out with respect to all these things.

Date: January 20, 2015 06:17PM

Uhhh Wrote:
> Anyone else think "Committee to Bury Brian" has an
> unhealthy obsession with Schoeneman? What does it
> feel like to be so consumed with hate?

I often disagree with Brian, but I have every respect for him, as I'm sure he understands. I only seek to hold him to the standards that apply to all those walking in his chosen path.

Posted by: What Has ()
Date: January 20, 2015 06:40PM

What has the one-man Committee to Bury Brian ever done to help anyone? Whining and pointing out flaws doesn't count. Sorry Gerry.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: January 20, 2015 06:53PM

> See, this is part of why the Committee
> to Bury Brian was formed. Too much mewling,
> pandering, and political grandstanding over
> non-issues such as voter fraud.

I don't recall much mewling, pandering and political grandstanding from Brian on this issue. None in fact. As I remember it he took a very dispassionate approach. He was about as non-partisan as it gets - unlike your hyperbolic comments.

> Then there is caterwauling over manufactured
> issues such as the "crushing" burden of
> regulations on Fairfax employers. This is just
> poppycock, but once you start down this road, you
> really do owe it to voters to tell them just which
> businesses you are preparing to liberate and just
> which locales and populations that sort of
> liberating will be putting at risk.

Poppycock. That's the best argument you can come up with? Give Brian a chance. You have slammed the door shut on him based on his announcement. Meaning there was never a chance in hell you were going to vote for him anyway.

> And of course if you seriously want to extol
> balanced budgets and low taxes, you really should
> explain to people that this equates to second- or
> third-rate county schools, parks, and other
> services. It is less than honest and transparent
> to leave people believing that first-class
> services can be had without either high taxes or
> budget deficits.

Your saying it is so does not make it so. This is a legitimate debate. It all depends on what you describe as and include as "first-class" services.

> And what's the to-do over "expanding economic
> development to bring good jobs to Fairfax County,
> and fighting to ensure that Fairfax County remains
> the best place to live, work and raise a family."
> Who are you going to do all this "fighting"
> against? Is there ANYONE anywhere who is opposed
> to any of those things? No, there isn't.

Yes, as a matter fact there are. Left-wing saboteurs like yourself and the Move On / Occupy crowd have demonstrated they are only interested in bringing the upper/upper middle classes down. And Fairfax County is mostly upper-class.

> You are just singing in the shower. What sensible people
> do oppose are the hair-brained ideas often
> proposed by Republicans to make Fairfax a less
> desirable and less livable place through refusals
> to support enhanced revenues and dependable County
> services in the wake of the damage done by the
> Great Recession, itself the result of accumulated
> mistakes on the part of Republicans and cowboy
> capitalists.

Is that you Gerry? You do realize that the FC BOS is and has been completely controlled by the Dems for as long as I can remember.

> The bottom line here is that if you want to be
> this wonderful and transparent candidate for the
> BOS, you are going to have to be a lot more
> forthcoming, a lot more particular, and a lot
> more serious about what you propose and what you
> see as our actual problems. This will involve
> telling us all just what sorts of signposts along
> the road ahead you think we will need to watch out
> for and follow in order to reach our collective
> goals. As usual, I'll have an eye out with
> respect to all these things.

You have done nothing other than repeat mindless left-wing platitudes. Being the piglet sucking on the teat of the government pig, well, obviously, you only have one thing you are concerned about - keeping the pig fat and healthy even if it means starving all the other animals.

Date: January 20, 2015 07:24PM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> I don't recall much mewling, pandering and
> political grandstanding from Brian on this issue.

Brian and I have had several extended discussions that I'm sure he will be able to recall more readily than you do.

> Poppycock. That's the best argument you can come
> up with? Give Brian a chance. You have slammed
> the door shut on him based on his announcement.
> Meaning there was never a chance in hell you were
> going to vote for him anyway.

Well, I don't live in the Sully District in any case, but if Brian cannot find a way around the problems and complaints that I can come up with in ten minutes, he is going to have a very difficult time winning either a nomination or election.

> Your saying it is so does not make it so. This is
> a legitimate debate. It all depends on what you
> describe as and include as "first-class" services.

No, there is no debate, it's a simple fact. You can have any two of first-class services, low taxes, and no deficits, but you cannot have all three.

> Yes, as a matter fact there are. Left-wing
> saboteurs like yourself and the Move On / Occupy
> crowd have demonstrated they are only interested
> in bringing the upper/upper middle classes down.
> And Fairfax County is mostly upper-class.

LOL! You may need to download Jumping to Conclusions, 2015. In the meantime, I use part if my accumulated millions to fund my own local charity. It's actually quite a common thing among the wealthy.

> Is that you Gerry? You do realize that the FC BOS
> is and has been completely controlled by the Dems
> for as long as I can remember.

The Great Recession did not originate in Fairfax County. Neither have very many good Republican ideas -- something that helps explain the BOS elections of recent years.

> You have done nothing other than repeat mindless
> left-wing platitudes. Being the piglet sucking on
> the teat of the government pig, well, obviously,
> you only have one thing you are concerned about -
> keeping the pig fat and healthy even if it means
> starving all the other animals.

I'm retired. Sorry to hear that you're having such a rough go of things.

Posted by: Durf36/826492374828 ()
Date: January 20, 2015 07:40PM

newgatedenizen Wrote:

> Yes, as a matter fact there are. Left-wing
> saboteurs like yourself and the Move On / Occupy
> crowd have demonstrated they are only interested
> in bringing the upper/upper middle classes down.
> And Fairfax County is mostly upper-class.

The fuck it is. It's a middle class county. Sorry.

Posted by: DKeFe ()
Date: January 20, 2015 07:46PM

He'll never get my vote. He had that loser Gerry agreeing with him and defending has ass. That was all it took to put him in the Do Not Vote For list. Plus, he's a union lobbyist. Why doesn't he just run as a democrat?

Posted by: sully resident ()
Date: January 20, 2015 08:07PM

Hopefully Schoeneman can call VDOT and get our roads plowed and pre-treated, they completely leave us out. And the roads are going to crap because either Mike Frey doesn't drive on our roads or doesn't call VDOT and tell them to fix the friggin roads we're sending so much money to Richmond to maintain.

Date: January 20, 2015 08:44PM

While I would love to argue with you guys - and you know I do - let me say for now that I understand the concerns some folks have with me, even my biggest fan here, and I intend to address all of these issues at length as the campaign goes on.

One thing I will promise is that I intend to stay engaged in all the places I was engaged before. Whether that's here, Twitter, Facebook, I'm going to be as accessible as is possible for any candidate to be while still doing the stuff I need to do to get elected - door knocking, meeting voters and explaining my views.

Posted by: Thucydides ()
Date: January 20, 2015 08:58PM

For the sake of Fairfax Underground, I hope the democrats nominate Ryan McElveen!

Posted by: Not Ryan McElveen ()
Date: January 20, 2015 09:42PM

Thucydides Wrote:
> For the sake of Fairfax Underground, I hope the democrats nominate Ryan McElveen!

Sadly, Cueball lives in Mommy's basement in Vienna.

Maybe he'll move to Sully.

Posted by: Not Tim Hugo ()
Date: January 20, 2015 09:45PM

sully resident Wrote:
> Hopefully Schoeneman can call VDOT and get our
> roads plowed and pre-treated, they completely
> leave us out. And the roads are going to crap
> because either Mike Frey doesn't drive on our
> roads or doesn't call VDOT and tell them to fix
> the friggin roads we're sending so much money to
> Richmond to maintain.

It's your delegate and senator who gets VDOT to act. So call Tim Hugo's office or Del. LeMunyeon or Sen. Marsden.

Posted by: dYLWP ()
Date: January 20, 2015 09:51PM

yes well there's two ways to look at it

1) experience in gov, should do better than some other educated person

2) rich and has political friends, exactly what we are trying to prevent

same old story

Posted by: Hato Sayit ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:09PM

Brian is more qualified to be President than is Obama.

Posted by: Real Estate ()
Date: January 20, 2015 11:16PM

Ben Tribbett was seen looking at condos in the Sully District today.

Date: January 21, 2015 06:13PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> While I would love to argue with you guys - and
> you know I do - let me say for now that I
> understand the concerns some folks have with me,
> even my biggest fan here, and I intend to address
> all of these issues at length as the campaign goes
> on.
>
> One thing I will promise is that I intend to stay
> engaged in all the places I was engaged before.
> Whether that's here, Twitter, Facebook, I'm going
> to be as accessible as is possible for any
> candidate to be while still doing the stuff I need
> to do to get elected - door knocking, meeting
> voters and explaining my views.

This sort of thing is why one can disagree even sharply with Brian while still maintaining a sense of respect for him.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: January 21, 2015 08:13PM

>
> This sort of thing is why one can disagree even
> sharply with Brian while still maintaining a sense
> of respect for him.

Agreed. With so much nonsense on FFXU, it's interesting to see Brian get in the mud and troll wrestle while not geting dirty.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Date: January 21, 2015 08:58PM

Dane Bramage Wrote:
> Agreed. With so much nonsense on FFXU, it's
> interesting to see Brian get in the mud and troll
> wrestle while not getting dirty.

Oh, he's gotten dirty plenty of times here, sometimes not knowing it, and sometimes knowing it full well. But there are only a few posters here who have any actual intellect at all, and Brian is one of them. We simply need to get him to use his powers for good instead of evil. We may need to train him yet on how to tell the difference between the two.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 21, 2015 09:11PM

Not my party and not my district, but I still wish him the best.

Date: January 21, 2015 09:19PM

> We simply need to get him to use his
> powers for good instead of evil. We may need to
> train him yet on how to tell the difference
> between the two.

lol, best of luck with that!!

Date: January 21, 2015 09:59PM

Dane Bramage Wrote:
> lol, best of luck with that!!

I think he has it in him. Just needs the proper mentors to mold and groom him in the ways of the light.

Posted by: ClapJack ()
Date: January 21, 2015 10:10PM

> Dane Bramage Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > lol, best of luck with that!!
>
> I think he has it in him. Just needs the proper
> mentors to mold and groom him in the ways of the
> light.

And a better haircut.

Posted by: smallbusinessman ()
Date: January 21, 2015 10:32PM

> Then there is caterwauling over manufactured
> issues such as the "crushing" burden of
> regulations on Fairfax employers. This is just
> poppycock,

Only someone who has never been involved in the business world would have such an uninformed attitude regarding the regulatory environment in the USA. Our industry falls under numerous regulatory regimes by a plethora of agencies. You need to be an expert in about 8 different titles of the Code of Federal Regulations to operate and we are subject to audits and inspections by a variety of agencies. The vast majority of which serve no purposes other than to shuffle paper and justify the existence of said agencies.

One tiny example. As part of our compliance we are required to file certain reports. At the time of my example a few years ago we were filing about 18,000 such reports annually - each one containing about 40 data fields which were filled out manually. Due to some unintended consequences of a congressional action this agency hired 100s of personnel to do nothing other than audit these reports.

I kid you not they went over these reports with a fine tooth comb and began issuing fines and penalties for typographical errors. Our small business was fined $10,000 per clerical error (e.g. misspellings, wrong date keyed in, etc.). We were threatened with over $300,000 in fines and ultimately fined $10,000 - since it was our first "offense" they nailed us for one typo.

I still have a copy of the original letter notifying us of the action. If you knew the full background of this you would not believe it. In fact, most reading this probably think I'm making it up. It happened about 5 years ago and I'm still angry about that one.

Posted by: Teerteryttet ()
Date: January 22, 2015 12:03AM

/\G/\

You have my vote.

Date: January 22, 2015 06:42AM

ClapJack Wrote:
> Committee to Bury Brian Wrote:
> -----
> > Dane Bramage Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > lol, best of luck with that!!
> >
> > I think he has it in him. Just needs the
> proper
> > mentors to mold and groom him in the ways of
> the
> > light.
>
> And a better haircut.

My haircut is awesome.

Date: January 25, 2015 08:42PM

How embarrassing -- lobbyist and now lawyer. You can't hide your real occupation. Another libtard!
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Date: January 25, 2015 09:28PM

I go with "maritime labor lawyer" now because you don't need a law degree to be a lobbyist. I have one, so I might as well point that out. I definitely don't hide that I'm a lobbyist or who I work for. I'm proud to help my members exercise their constitutional right to petition the government. Always have been.

Date: January 25, 2015 10:24PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> I go with "maritime labor lawyer" now because you
> don't need a law degree to be a lobbyist. I have
> one, so I might as well point that out. I
> definitely don't hide that I'm a lobbyist or who I
> work for. I'm proud to help my members exercise
> their constitutional right to petition the
> government. Always have been.

How do you get from "Political and Legislative Director" to labor lawyer? What legal duties do you perform on behalf of your members?

Posted by: I want to be a cabin boy... ()
Date: January 25, 2015 10:32PM

And when I return, I shall be a cabin man!

Date: January 26, 2015 09:50AM

DilbertSucks Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > I go with "maritime labor lawyer" now because
> you
> > don't need a law degree to be a lobbyist. I
> have
> > one, so I might as well point that out. I
> > definitely don't hide that I'm a lobbyist or who
> I
> > work for. I'm proud to help my members exercise
> > their constitutional right to petition the
> > government. Always have been.
>
> How do you get from "Political and Legislative
> Director" to labor lawyer? What legal duties do
> you perform on behalf of your members?

How would you define a "legal duty" - I spend most of my time reviewing legislation and regulations, explaining our issues and defending my member's interests in Congress and in the Administration, and the other political stuff that's standard fare for a lobbyist. The legislative side is mostly legal, and in most situations you'll find lawyers doing those jobs. The political side is politics, and you'll find all kinds of folks doing those jobs. In our office the two roles are combined into one.

Not exactly sure what you're complaining about - you think I'm trying to hedge on being a lobbyist? Nope. I was really just trying to save space so I could mention being an Orioles fan without hitting the character count.

Posted by: 4bDD9 ()
Date: January 26, 2015 10:06AM

Wow, so much Brian hate here. Brian is literally the only politician that has the balls to come on here and talk to us. Uber contards like "Committee To Bury Brian" need to realize their candidates who practice a Taliban-esque brand of politics drive voters away and is why certain liberal politicians are so firmly entrenched in NoVA, even more so the country. Brian I'd go door to door campaigning for you, but somehow I feel as if you don't really want the dregs of FFXU canvassing in your name.

Posted by: K76Ex ()
Date: January 26, 2015 10:18AM

4bDD9 Wrote:
> Brian I'd go door to door campaigning for you, but
> somehow I feel as if you don't really want the dregs
> of FFXU canvassing in your name.

Oh God, I can see it now...

"Hey nigger scum, I know you felons can't vote but there's this guy you should tell your homegirls to vote for."

"Hey camel jockey, I know you dune coons don't believe in democracy but there's this guy you should let your wife out of the house to vote for."

"Hey illegal locust, I know you no habla inglais but there's a 12 pack of Modelo in it for you if you and your live-in extended family vote for this gringo".

Posted by: Committee to bury Brian ()
Date: January 26, 2015 11:28AM

4bDD9 Wrote:
> Wow, so much Brian hate here. Brian is literally
> the only politician that has the balls to come on
> here and talk to us.

FFXU has limited reach and there's no means of authentication.

> Uber contards like "Committee To Bury Brian" need
> to realize their candidates who practice a Taliban-esque
> brand of politics drive voters away and is why certain
> liberal politicians are so firmly entrenched in NoVA, even
> more so the country.

LOL! I can assure you that "committee to Bury Brian" is coming at him from the left, not the right. YOUR problem is that you are stupid. There is little if anything that can be done for you. Brian is not stupid, Just misguided to this point in time.

Posted by: Same old Assholio ()
Date: January 26, 2015 11:37AM

4bDD9 Wrote:
> Wow, so much Brian hate here. Brian is literally
> the only politician that has the balls to come on
> here and talk to us. Uber contards like "Committee
> To Bury Brian" need to realize their candidates
> who practice a Taliban-esque brand of politics
> drive voters away and is why certain liberal
> politicians are so firmly entrenched in NoVA, even
> more so the country. Brian I'd go door to door
> campaigning for you, but somehow I feel as if you
> don't really want the dregs of FFXU canvassing in
> your name.

No it's not an "uber contard." It's the same bitter old ultra-libtard Vienna Asshole being his usual asshole self.

Posted by: Cliff Notes ()
Date: January 26, 2015 12:07PM

I see the ENVY and BUTTHURT still rage to a degree that you are powerless to control. Pitiful. Just pitiful.

Posted by: Sick and tired ()
Date: January 26, 2015 12:09PM

Cliff Notes Wrote:
> I see the ENVY and BUTTHURT still rage to a degree
> that you are powerless to control. Pitiful. Just
> pitiful.

Yup, and the loser will try to hijack yet another thread over it too. What a worthless shithead.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 26, 2015 12:44PM

4bDD9 Wrote:
> Wow, so much Brian hate here.

There are a few on the left who hate Brian because he leans conservative. There are a few on the right who hate Brian because they feel he sold them out. I suspect most here, including those who disagree with him politically, do appreciate what Brian has done and his willingness to come onto this site and discuss issues.

Posted by: Ban hammer time ()
Date: January 26, 2015 12:54PM

Vienna mans trolling has been innocent enough, but now he is just derailing every thread. Cary tolerates a lot, but he has his limits.

Date: January 26, 2015 07:42PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> DilbertSucks Wrote:
> -----
> > BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I go with "maritime labor lawyer" now because
> > you
> > > don't need a law degree to be a lobbyist. I
> > have
> > > one, so I might as well point that out. I
> > > definitely don't hide that I'm a lobbyist or
> who
> > I
> > > work for. I'm proud to help my members
> exercise
> > > their constitutional right to petition the
> > > government. Always have been.
> >
> > How do you get from "Political and Legislative
> > Director" to labor lawyer? What legal duties do
> > you perform on behalf of your members?
>
> How would you define a "legal duty" - I spend most
> of my time reviewing legislation and regulations,
> explaining our issues and defending my member's
> interests in Congress and in the Administration,
> and the other political stuff that's standard fare
> for a lobbyist. The legislative side is mostly
> legal, and in most situations you'll find lawyers
> doing those jobs. The political side is politics,
> and you'll find all kinds of folks doing those
> jobs. In our office the two roles are combined
> into one.
>
> Not exactly sure what you're complaining about -
> you think I'm trying to hedge on being a lobbyist?
> Nope. I was really just trying to save space so I
> could mention being an Orioles fan without hitting
> the character count.

I see "lawyer" as an occupation and "labor lawyer" as a distinct type of that occupation. I don't believe what you do at your union is one of those occupations. I think you do legal tasks and conveniently elect to call yourself a lawyer when you previously identified yourself as a lobbyist.

Date: January 26, 2015 08:05PM

DilbertSucks Wrote:

> I see "lawyer" as an occupation and "labor lawyer"
> as a distinct type of that occupation. I don't
> believe what you do at your union is one of those
> occupations. I think you do legal tasks and
> conveniently elect to call yourself a lawyer when
> you previously identified yourself as a lobbyist.

I see lawyer as a designation for someone who is admitted to the bar and can practice law. I can do that. You're quibbling.

Date: January 27, 2015 09:09PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> DilbertSucks Wrote:
> -----
>
> > I see "lawyer" as an occupation and "labor
> lawyer"
> > as a distinct type of that occupation. I don't
> > believe what you do at your union is one of
> those
> > occupations. I think you do legal tasks and
> > conveniently elect to call yourself a lawyer
> when
> > you previously identified yourself as a
> lobbyist.
>
> I see lawyer as a designation for someone who is
> admitted to the bar and can practice law. I can do
> that. You're quibbling.

I stand by my opinion, as petty as you'd like to characterize it. I think an important aspect of integrity is representing who you are (a labor lobbyist with a law degree) rather than how you wish to be perceived (a labor lawyer who happens to do some lobbying).

Too bad I'm in Dranesville...

Posted by: johnny ringo ()
Date: January 29, 2015 06:50PM

Best of luck Brian.

And FUCK the haters.

Posted by: Dilbert is so real ()
Date: January 29, 2015 06:56PM

Brian being a labor lobbyist should help him gain the endorsement of all the unions in the district, especially the teachers and firefighters.

Except the union leaders are more interested in supporting democrats than advancing the cause of their members.

Posted by: johnny ringo ()
Date: January 29, 2015 07:00PM

Very true.

Date: January 29, 2015 07:01PM

Thanks guys. Haters gonna hate. I just shake it off.

Date: January 29, 2015 07:11PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> I suspect most here, including those who disagree with
> him politically, do appreciate what Brian has done and
> his willingness to come onto this site and discuss issues.

Sounds about right. There is always more respect for those make an effort than for ideologues who simply cave and strut about. And I don't really see where having been a "labor lawyer" is pertinent other than as a mark of rank and experience. But maybe the TEA Party crazies want to promote the term to the level of "community organizer" or "tax and spend liberal". LOL! So freaking gooberish!

Posted by: No??????????? ()
Date: January 29, 2015 08:09PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Thanks guys. Haters gonna hate. I just shake it
> off.

Really? You aren't going to pitch a legal hissy fit like that lady lawyer who said she was defamed on ffu?

Have a temper tantrum. Come on.

Your haircut is fine, by the way.

Posted by: FuJVp ()
Date: January 29, 2015 08:31PM

You fucks think it is commendable that this political hack spends time on some obscure website?

This site is nothing but wasted time, just like his twitter, facebook or any other useless crap media bullshit this guy gets paid to sit around and masturbate to himself on.

Date: January 29, 2015 08:40PM

I always enjoy when people call new media or social media "wasted time."

Because they're wasting time on it, telling other people it's wasted time.

It's like the guy in line at Starbucks complaining to people about how everybody spends so much on overpriced coffee.

Besides, FFU is great entertainment. The Mr. Misery/Eesh lawsuit alone is something I'd pay to see.

Date: January 29, 2015 08:42PM

Almost forgot about this one!
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: J9Tjt ()
Date: January 29, 2015 08:45PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> I always enjoy when people call new media or
> social media "wasted time."
>
> Because they're wasting time on it, telling other
> people it's wasted time.
>
> It's like the guy in line at Starbucks complaining
> to people about how everybody spends so much on
> overpriced coffee.
>
> Besides, FFU is great entertainment. The Mr.
> Misery/Eesh lawsuit alone is something I'd pay to
> see.

The difference is you are being paid to do anything but waste time, yet that is what you choose to do instead of anything to do with reality.

Date: January 29, 2015 09:13PM

Every time I go to Chik-fil-a and ask for the Schoeneman Turtle Burger, they look at me funny.

Posted by: 3djyu ()
Date: February 13, 2015 07:37PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Every time I go to Chik-fil-a and ask for the
> Schoeneman Turtle Burger, they look at me funny.

Hey Brian, I'm not in your district, and I'm a democrat, but you're a good guy and I wish you the best. At the level of Supervisor in government I think the party labels don't matter much anyway. We all want good, efficient government, and you'll bring that.

Date: February 13, 2015 10:05PM

3djyu Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > Every time I go to Chik-fil-a and ask for the
> > Schoeneman Turtle Burger, they look at me
> funny.
>
>
> Hey Brian, I'm not in your district, and I'm a
> democrat, but you're a good guy and I wish you the
> best. At the level of Supervisor in government I
> think the party labels don't matter much anyway.
> We all want good, efficient government, and you'll
> bring that.

There's plenty of time to move, you know.

Thanks for the support!

Posted by: key question ()
Date: February 13, 2015 10:39PM

Where does Mr. Schoeneman stand on the abomination that is Boosterthon?

Posted by: democratic guy ()
Date: February 13, 2015 10:42PM

Ill vote for Brian just because he has the balls to admit he reads off-topic FFXU, and he seems moderate.

Cool dude, has my vote, go BRIAN!

Posted by: Hi Brian ()
Date: February 14, 2015 11:31AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Besides, FFU is great entertainment. The Mr.
> Misery/Eesh lawsuit alone is something I'd pay to
> see.

Me, too.

And I think it's only fair that we thank Cary for that.

If it weren't for his enlightened policies, such an entertaining clash between Max Cady and the crippled boy trying to wheel himself up the ramp would never have taken place.

Think of the fun we would have missed!

Seeing the boy pushed down the ramp, clumpety, clumpety, clumpety -- SPLASH!                                              file.php?2,file=174893,filename=bubbles.
                                        >gurgle<                                           >gurgle<                                           >gur . . .

Lol............. It's entertainment like this that makes Fairfax Underground such a wonderful forum, wouldn't you agree?

file.php?40,file=165822,filename=wiedema
Speech that threatens violence must be protected
even if it suppresses free speech.

Because free speech.

I am Cary Weidemann and I approve of eesh harassing
and intimidating the posters of Fairfax Underground.

file.php?40,file=86078,filename=Michael_
Thanks, Cary!

Posted by: WHO CARES? ()
Date: February 14, 2015 11:39AM

I don't even live in your district so I don't care. All of you political hacks care because it gives you a chance to root for your "team" to win.

Posted by: RINO Hater ()
Date: February 14, 2015 12:37PM

WHO CARES? Wrote:
> I don't even live in your district so I don't
> care. All of you political hacks care because it
> gives you a chance to root for your "team" to win.

You got that right. Schonie boy here isn't conservative... he could give a rat's ass about conservativism. It is all about moving up the political ladder to suck off the gravy train that comes with political power. Not too many of those mother fuckers aren't millionaires by the time they make it up the food chain. Schoenie boy here is on the first rung of the ladder if he gets elected here.

Posted by: What happened ()
Date: February 14, 2015 07:55PM

Hey Schoenie boy... weren't you investigating illegals voting?

See why you have to fucking control illegal immigration?

Posted by: Anchor Bebe ()
Date: February 14, 2015 07:59PM

Hey you might want to focus on one if Schoenie boy's opponents, John Guevara, who himself is an illegal Mexican immigrant granted amnesty under Reagan.

Posted by: DirkNiggler ()
Date: February 14, 2015 08:25PM

Anchor Bebe Wrote:
> Hey you might want to focus on one if Schoenie
> boy's opponents, John Guevara, who himself is an
> illegal Mexican immigrant granted amnesty under
> Reagan.

I gotta say, between Schoenemann and Guevara, I would feel way more comfortable with Schoenemann at the helm. I'm not enthralled or anything, but that other guy seems like a lunatic?

Date: February 15, 2015 09:37AM

RINO Hater Wrote:
>
> You got that right. Schonie boy here isn't
> conservative... he could give a rat's ass about
> conservativism. It is all about moving up the
> political ladder to suck off the gravy train that
> comes with political power. Not too many of those
> mother fuckers aren't millionaires by the time
> they make it up the food chain. Schoenie boy here
> is on the first rung of the ladder if he gets
> elected here.

I don't think the David Brat platform could be successful in NOVA. Many of the conservatives here are fiscal cons, but social liberal. Could be called RINO, or libertarian (small l).

Posted by: Seen Brian work ()
Date: February 15, 2015 11:31AM

I have regularly seen Brian in action via his position on the Fairfax County Electoral Board. The guy asks the right questions and is engaged and has worked tirelessly to communicate what is going on. The Electoral Board has responsibility for elections that involve 650K+ registered voters. That is more registered voters in one single county than in eight entire states plus D.C.

The guy engaged to quickly address the election improvements suggested by a bipartisan report. He engaged on sensitive recounts and made sure the procedures were transparent and followed the law. He also oversaw the successful procurement and replacement of all of the County's aging voting equipment at each precinct. And while he had a strategic and leadership role in all of these, he is quick to point out that in many cases it was the staff of the Registrar and of the Office of Elections who literally did much of the work -- and he shares the credit with them.

In spite of so many ignorant posts on FFU he continues to occasionally respond to posts worth responding to. How many other FFX officials have identified themselves and post on this forum under their known identity?

He would make a great BOS member and would bring some fresh perspectives to that body. Many wish him great success with the Sully BOS campaign.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.