HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Was anyone on here shocked to see on the news that WMATA employees were not competent enough to know what to do during an emergency?
Posted by: Metro RIder ()
Date: January 15, 2015 02:34PM

col_heights_wmata_empl.jpg

Worst mass transit system of all time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Was anyone on here shocked to see on the news that WMATA employees were not competent enough to know what to do during an emergency?
Posted by: Not News ()
Date: January 15, 2015 02:47PM

Institutionalized laziness is WMATA. Hate to say it, but the black management drove out all the white workers years ago and what remains is those who won't care.

Re: Was anyone on here shocked to see on the news that WMATA employees were not competent enough to know what to do during an emergency?
Posted by: No ()
Date: January 15, 2015 02:56PM

No

Posted by: qpro ()
Date: January 15, 2015 02:59PM

RBNFN

Run By Nigger For Niggers

Who cares?

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:13PM

I wish I could get an executive level position where I could get a bonus because I didn't screw up as much as I could have.

The passengers said they had to wait an hour for help. Metro said that it wasn't an hour. The FD responded in 27 minutes, and had to wait another 13 before Metro could confirm that the power was off, so they could evacuate everyone. I think that they did try to give the lady who died CPR when they got there, but they couldn't evacuate right away.

27 + 13 = 40 minutes, which even when you're not choking on smoke, is closer to an hour than not.

Metro has failed to communicate with themselves and the passengers at every opportunity. Unfortunately, I don't drive, so I'm stuck with them.

Posted by: Yolanda Sapperstein ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:18PM

Metro priority schedule in the event of an emergency or accident:

(1) Make sure everything is safe and nuffin happens to any of our overpaid lazy nogs

(2) Rescue paying customers who are dying

(3) Collect paycheck

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:23PM

I think there were a number of Metro employees competent enough to know what to do. They have the misfortune to work for an entity that won't allow them the initiative to do it.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:43PM

Who didn't do what he or she was supposed to do?

Posted by: SPEAR CHUKR PHIL ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:54PM

Have you ever tried asking a Metro employee a question? I try everything possible not to have to get on a Metro train and forget about even trying a Metro bus.

Posted by: Reason for Cheering ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:55PM

The DC Government has officially downgraded, and now refers to the disaster as a "smoke incident". Run along, now...

Posted by: Rest in Pieces ()
Date: January 15, 2015 03:58PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think there were a number of Metro employees
> competent enough to know what to do. They have
> the misfortune to work for an entity that won't
> allow them the initiative to do it.

If they get caught using initiative they won't be employed by Metro for long.

Posted by: mnGXn ()
Date: January 15, 2015 04:10PM

2006 Payroll numbers...

Source: FOIA request via the National Examiner.

Regular - 609 M
OT - 90 M

700 MILLION total payroll.

Highlights -

Alexander Timothy 10/27/1980 BUS BMNT Landover Maint WHLCHAIR LIFT MECH Landover Bus Facility - MD $102,799 $36,205 1/1/2006 $139,004

Wilson Rulious 1/7/1974 LSOB RAIL West Falls Church TRAIN OPERATOR West Falls Church - Building B $105,677 $34,708 7/1/2006 $140,385

Selden Sr Daryl 5/27/1990 LSOB RAIL Largo TRAIN OPERATOR Addison Road Rail Facility $145,602 $78,070 7/1/2006 $223,672

Scott Carl 11/5/1979 RAIL TSSM Trk Maint - Blu/Oran TRACK WALKER AA PLNT New Carrollton Rail Facility $101,370 $34,792 7/1/2006 $136,162

Ware Margie 4/16/1979 RAIL LSRD Janitorial Maintenan SUPV, CUSTODIAL MNTN Shady Grove Rail Facility $90,983 $23,550 7/9/2005 $114,533

Farson Iv Enoch 5/29/1984 RAIL CEMO Brentwood Insp SUPV, CAR INSPECTION Brentwood Rail Facility $144,537 $67,637 9/17/2005 $212,174

Posted by: 7bWPt ()
Date: January 15, 2015 04:11PM

Top 10 station "Managers". These numbers are 9 years old!!!

Reaves Herbert 6/7/1976 RAIL LSOB New Carrollton STATION MANAGER New Carrollton Rail Facility $143,183 $68,590 7/1/2006 $211,773
Stewart Philip 9/17/1974 RAIL LSOB New Carrollton STATION MANAGER New Carrollton Rail Facility $130,806 $62,055 7/1/2006 $192,861
Royce Terry 6/19/1973 LSOB RAIL Alexandria STATION MANAGER Alexandria Yard $127,259 $62,858 7/1/2006 $190,117
Mayo P 11/6/1974 LSRD RAIL Shady Grove STATION MANAGER Shady Grove Rail Facility $131,363 $55,988 7/1/2006 $187,351
Gold Andrew 3/15/1996 LSYG RAIL Greenbelt STATION MANAGER Greenbelt Rail Facility $126,592 $58,239 7/1/2006 $184,831
King Samuel 10/25/1965 LSOB RAIL Alexandria STATION MANAGER Alexandria Yard $126,376 $55,792 7/1/2006 $182,168
Thompson Joel 12/27/1978 LSOB RAIL West Falls Church STATION MANAGER West Falls Church - Building B $125,031 $56,732 7/1/2006 $181,764
Wormely Robert 12/31/1980 LSRD RAIL Brentwood STATION MANAGER Brentwood Rail Facility $120,234 $52,704 7/1/2006 $172,939
Winston Joe 5/28/1996 LSRD RAIL Brentwood STATION MANAGER Brentwood Rail Facility $115,113 $54,213 7/1/2006 $169,326
Wilson Alphonso 11/29/1978 RAIL LSOB New Carrollton STATION MANAGER New Carrollton Rail Facility $115,794 $52,335 7/1/2006 $168,129
Dixon Wynona 9/26/1979 LSOB RAIL Largo STATION MANAGER Addison Road Rail Facility $117,223 $50,581 7/1/2006 $167,804

Date: January 15, 2015 04:15PM

SPEAR CHUKR PHIL Wrote:
> Have you ever tried asking a Metro employee a question?

Yes, probably a hundred times. Better and more intelligent answers than you'd expect from the typical flighty-whitey girl at The Mall.

> I try everything possible not to have to get on a Metro
> train and forget about even trying a Metro bus.

So basically, you don't have any experience at all to speak from in these matters, but are shooting your damned fool mouth off anyway. What a useless fucking dork-brain!

Posted by: Ummm... ()
Date: January 15, 2015 04:18PM

> Bill.N. Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > I think there were a number of Metro employees
> > competent enough to know what to do. They have
> > the misfortune to work for an entity that won't
> > allow them the initiative to do it.
>
> If they get caught using initiative they won't be
> employed by Metro for long.

Kind of another cheap shot, Bill. This is becoming a habit...

Date: January 15, 2015 04:19PM

I think this is Alphonso Wilson earning his $168,129
Attachments:
3.jpg

Date: January 15, 2015 04:21PM

Hmmm... Wrote:
>
>
> Yes, probably a hundred times. Better and more
> intelligent answers than you'd expect from the
> typical flighty-whitey girl at The Mall.
>
>

That's amusing. I have never understood a single word out of a train operators mouth during their station announcements. But I last rode that POS about 8 years ago so maybe they taught them to speak since then.

Posted by: Look at 'em go! ()
Date: January 15, 2015 04:26PM

7bWPt Wrote:
> Top 10 station "Managers". These numbers are 9
> years old!!!

> Reaves, Herbert -- 6/7/1976 -- RAIL LSOB New Carrollton -- STATION MANAGER --
> New Carrollton Rail -- $143,183 -- $68,590 -- 7/1/2006 -- $211,773

LOL! What's in YOUR wallet? Bet it's not as much as these guys. That'll teach you to pick a major with no future. LOL!

Date: January 15, 2015 04:34PM

Rest in Pieces Wrote:
> That's amusing. I hav21e never understood a single
> word out of a train operators mouth during their
> station announcements. But I last rode that POS
> about 8 years ago so maybe they taught them to
> speak since then.

You're an idiot. Station announcements have to go through a PA system. Many of them are recorded. By both white and black employees.

Furthermore, you cannot ask the PA system a question. You need to address an actual person for that. Meaning that you actually have to be in the system, and you've apparently not been since like 2006. You can go sit on the bench over there next to the other imbecile.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 15, 2015 05:10PM

Ummm... Wrote:
> > Bill.N. Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > I think there were a number of Metro
> employees
> > > competent enough to know what to do. They
> have
> > > the misfortune to work for an entity that
> won't
> > > allow them the initiative to do it.
> >
> > If they get caught using initiative they won't
> be
> > employed by Metro for long.
>
> Kind of another cheap shot, Bill. This is
> becoming a habit...

You do realize the last line was someone else responding to my statement? Of course you do because you edited the "Quote" reply to delete this inconvenient fact so you could take a cheap shot.

I am not claiming inside information, and am relying on the same news reports the rest of you are. One of the stories that circulated shortly after the incident was that the train driver tried to get clearance to back the train out of the tunnel but could not obtain clearance to do so. Reports also indicate the driver sought assistance from others when clearance could not be quickly obtained. Sounds exactly like what I described.

Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: January 15, 2015 05:24PM

TV news was reporting that the train operator tried to get approval to back up the train; however, the third rail had to be operational in order to do so. It appears that this happened at the same time that metro was trying to shut down the third rail so the firefighters could rescue the riders - so the train couldn't move. Sounds like a huge communication and operations screwup. Hard to believe that Metro and the fire department did not have a coordinated plan in place to address smoke and fire in the tunnels.

From what I heard (video of the event), the train operator sounded intelligent and responsible and was desperately trying to resolve the situation. This falls on management.

Posted by: Ummm... ()
Date: January 15, 2015 05:51PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> You do realize the last line was someone else
> responding to my statement? Of course you do
> because you edited the "Quote" reply to delete
> this inconvenient fact so you could take a cheap
> shot.

Bill.N. Wrote:
> I think there were a number of Metro employees
> competent enough to know what to do. They have
> the misfortune to work for an entity that won't
> allow them the initiative to do it.

Goober-level cheap shot.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: January 15, 2015 06:36PM

Rest in Pieces Wrote:
> Bill.N. Wrote:
> -----
> > I think there were a number of Metro employees
> > competent enough to know what to do. They have
> > the misfortune to work for an entity that won't
> > allow them the initiative to do it.
>
> If they get caught using initiative they won't be
> employed by Metro for long.

I don’t think you can use initiative. You just have it.

Posted by: PThT3 ()
Date: January 15, 2015 07:12PM

The Democrats run WMATA, and all those overpaid, lazy bus/train/subway drivers.

Posted by: Pathetic litttle boys ()
Date: January 15, 2015 07:36PM

PThT3 Wrote:
> The Democrats run WMATA, and all those overpaid,
> lazy bus/train/subway drivers.

Guess Republicans haven't passed the test to graduate from toy trains yet.

Posted by: TmFtN ()
Date: January 16, 2015 10:13AM

Always amazes me that Metro runs 613 escalators and has some of the longest escalators in the world, and you would think they would be the place that people from the world over would come to learn how to manage and maintain these systems. Maybe they were at some point. Now they are just an example of lazy and untrained employees being unable to manage the system that was built.

Posted by: Reality... ()
Date: January 16, 2015 10:32AM

TmFtN Wrote:
> Always amazes me that Metro runs 613 escalators
> and has some of the longest escalators in the
> world, and you would think they would be the place
> that people from the world over would come to
> learn how to manage and maintain these systems.
> Maybe they were at some point. Now they are just
> an example of lazy and untrained employees being
> unable to manage the system that was built.

That's just plain dumb. Metro has no dedicated source of revenue. It has to beg annually for money from area governments, all of whom are cash-strapped themselves due to the goober-caused Great Recession and continuing goober tax-o-phobia. As the result, maintenance has long been short-changed. The low bid companies who installed different escalators as new stations were built and opened over the years went out of business. Parts for older escalators became unavailable. There was no money for new ones, so Metro had to fabricate parts in their own shops. A lesson in "penny wise and pound foolish." Fortunately, Congress funded a multi-year $5 billion capital improvement program a while back that has begun to put a dent in the problem. There will need to be more where that came from however.

Posted by: HMLFP ()
Date: January 16, 2015 11:19AM

Reality... Wrote:
> TmFtN Wrote:
> -----

>
> Metro has no dedicated
> source of revenue.

Then what are all those fare cards they sell? What you really mean is that Metro never has and never will be financially viable without massive subsidies.

Maybe if they charged what it cost to run the thing instead of trying to hand out a govt subsidized train ride, they'd be able to maintain it.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: January 16, 2015 12:47PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 03:30PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Reality... ()
Date: January 16, 2015 01:14PM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> I doubt there is a public transit system anywhere
> that could sustain itself solely on fares from its
> riders.

Metro actually funds a higher percentage of its operating costs out of fares than most transit systems. This system leans more heavily on its riders than nearly any other. But the benefits of Metro extend far more broadly. Business and property values change, traffic patterns change, job opportunities change. The only way for those non-rider beneficiaries to contribute to cost-sharing is through taxes. And the only way to stabilize Metro's financial picture is through a reliable, predictable, dedicated source of revenue. The goobers whine over the "uncertainty" created for business by Obamacare, then do a complete 180 when it comes to much worse "uncertainty" for Metro. It's just plain stupid.

EAT SHIT AND DIE WHITY. YOU RACIST ASSED PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING BLACK PEOPLE DO.
Posted by: KILL WHITY ()
Date: March 02, 2015 04:01AM

FUCK YOU WHITY!!!!! YOU ARE THE WORST THING TO WALK THIS EARTH. HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!YOU AIN'T SHIT!!!!

Posted by: Charlton Heston ()
Date: March 02, 2015 07:56AM

Planet of the Apes wasn't fiction.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.