HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County - Out of Control!
Posted by: Chip ()
Date: March 09, 2005 10:15AM

Fairfax County is out of control. Does it bother anyone how much your taxes have gone up over the last few years. Mine has gone from 3,000 to over 6,000 in a short period of time. Gerry "Hit and Run" Connolly only talks about affordable housing. Yes, that means take your hard earned money and give it to someone else and at the same raise your taxes. Don't forget, we are a welfare dump like Arlington. Are we going to wake up and get rid of him. Would like your input!.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County - Out of Control!
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: March 09, 2005 12:54PM

I pay property tax but for me the real issue is, will the next candidate legalize pot? All they do here now is give tickets for simple possession, why not decrim it all the way and let us enjoy?

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 09, 2005 04:13PM

rstidman - legality is a solely state/federal issue, but it would help if the asshole county cops wouldn't put so much time and effort into enforcing it. talk about a waste of taxpayer money. cops focus on that when ms-13 is stealing 5 cars a night from annandale and alexandria.

Anyway, my house value has nearly quadrupled in the past 18 years. So of course so have the taxes. Connolly has proposed a tax cut, link to article here:
http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=47231&paper=0&cat=109
but really much more can be done.

Fairfax is such a symbol of excess, we have more money than we know what to do with. We have marble floors in our government center. The police helicopter which burns tons of expensive fuel is sent up for EVERYTHING. Really if we started making reasonable cuts to our excessive programs the tax rate could become much more fair.

That and if richmond stopped taking a crapload of our money and sending it to hicktown because their coal mine closed.

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: March 09, 2005 07:22PM

I know Cary, I just wanted to make you rant! You seem ready to fucking go.

Probation does that, I know... I was there once myself.

~rob~

Posted by: Me ()
Date: March 14, 2005 06:35PM

If you're upset about Fairfax's tax increases then you should look to the rural areas of the state to place blame. Fairfax gives much more in taxes than it receives, you're basically helping the "red" counties stay economically sound. Check out Fairfax's ratio of money given and money received for the year. Just like the rest of the country, the urban areas pay the bills for the rural areas. It's a fact, not a theory.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 28, 2005 08:27PM

Every time I drive down 95 and pass Richmond I see that huge expanse of road monstrosity... and at least on the times I have driven through I haven't seen more than a couple cars driving on it. I guess that's why we get 24 cents on the dollar we send to Richmond... gotta pay for that needless, expensive stuff in the rest of the state while we drive on roads from Beruit.

Posted by: TheLastFreeManInAmerica ()
Date: April 01, 2005 03:36AM

Fairfax County, and for that matter the state of Virginia is corrupt. The whole state is controlled by the development industry. Develop, develop, develop. Whatever happened to "by the people and for the people?"

Posted by: Paul ()
Date: August 31, 2005 06:57PM

Fairfax wants to tax tax tax and use the money to sunsidize low-income democratic voters. They support high density development because they figure dinks living in condos riding metro to DC will be liberal democrats.

Posted by: Paul has Palsy ()
Date: August 31, 2005 08:08PM

Paul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fairfax wants to tax tax tax and use the money to
> sunsidize low-income democratic voters. They
> support high density development because they
> figure dinks living in condos riding metro to DC
> will be liberal democrats.
>
>
>

Who is hiring all the illegals? Big Block stores run by Republicans who cater to Republican rednecks. It's the Republican corporations that want the illegals - who can't vote anyway - so they can pay them minimum wage and threaten to deport them if they try to form a union. Get your shit straight.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: August 31, 2005 08:12PM

I heard fairfax county has the largest budget out of ANY county in the US. And is it true all they do is give a ticket for simple possession despite VA law saying arrest/jail time for any amount? In California 1 oz possession or less is a $100 dollar misdameanor with no jail time or arrest. Then there are the medical cards that some of my roomates got at a booth in Venice Beach that got them into clinics.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 31, 2005 08:40PM

tell me more about these medical cards

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:58PM

Well you have to be in Cali but it's for the California medical marijuana leglislation, which lets them legally carry on them something like 2 ozs and purchase at coops as well as grow like 9 plants for themselves. It has to be for a medical reason referred to by a doctor but there are tons of doctors that will write it up for a fee, one of my roomates got one for insomnia, the other for headaches. Since VA never passed medical marijuana you can't get one (I believe Maryland did but never enacted it). With the recent supreme court ruling about medical marijuana I think they're not issuing new cards anyway. But where I lived in Cali they didn't really give a shit about mj as long as you just did it privatley. But we still smoked on the beach all the time. One of my roomates has gotten charged with possession of pot 3 or 4 times in cali and not one time did it ever end up on his record.

Posted by: Paul ()
Date: September 01, 2005 07:17PM

I don't think the Big block stores hire illegals.

You are right that the Republicans have let the business community's addiction to cheap labor stop any effective enforcement of immigartion laws.

Fairfax likes illegals becasue they drive up need for more government programs.

Posted by: bookmark ()
Date: September 06, 2005 02:51PM

not to mention the ever increasing property taxes i pay on MY property. unfucking believable.

Posted by: opaque ()
Date: September 07, 2005 01:37PM

NVA should secede from Virginia and keep all our tax money.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 09, 2005 06:36PM

opaque Wrote:
> NVA should secede from Virginia and keep all our
> tax money.

you most definately arent the first to suggest that. so, will neighbors of damn illegals fucking call the INS on them already? im not against imigration, im against scumbags taking my damn money and then not speaking a lick of english. very frustrating.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: September 12, 2005 07:43PM

Indeed. I had to ask a Mobil cashier 3 times last night if he had public restrooms. He understood bathroom though. I guess my vocabulary was just a little advanced for him.

Posted by: JM ()
Date: September 14, 2005 07:36AM

Sad thing is the federal government only provides 1...yes thats right 1 INS Special Agent to the Northern Virginia area to handle the deportations. Now they have ICE helping, but they still cant keep up with the population.

Date: September 14, 2005 05:03PM

JM Wrote:
> Sad thing is the federal government only provides
> 1...yes thats right 1 INS Special Agent to the
> Northern Virginia area to handle the deportations.
> Now they have ICE helping, but they still cant
> keep up with the population.

we need like a squadron of INS to, at the very least, clean out the place.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: FYI ()
Date: September 20, 2005 07:48AM

Jim, INS is ICE. They just changed their name from immigration and naturalization services to immigration and customs enforcement. And there are several field offices in the metro dc area.

Posted by: freshman ()
Date: September 23, 2005 03:43PM

Gerry Conelly's daughter goes to woodson. And, they always plow out mantua first when it snows, becase that's where Connely lives.

Posted by: JM ()
Date: September 23, 2005 05:22PM

FYI Wrote:
> Jim, INS is ICE. They just changed their name
> from immigration and naturalization services to
> immigration and customs enforcement. And there
> are several field offices in the metro dc area.

Who's saying there not.....????

Posted by: kingOFgEEEks ()
Date: September 23, 2005 10:49PM

Sure, it sounds good now to deport all of the illegals,but I don't want to hear any of you complaining when there's nobody to pump your gas, and you're eating off of dirty dishes in restaurants.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: September 23, 2005 11:10PM

I pump my own gas, and HS kids can wash dishes. What's tina doing?

Date: September 26, 2005 12:25PM

kingOFgEEEks Wrote:
> Sure, it sounds good now to deport all of the
> illegals,but I don't want to hear any of you
> complaining when there's nobody to pump your gas,
> and you're eating off of dirty dishes in
> restaurants.

pump my gas? do you live in oregon or something? believe it or not, there are homeless that would be willing to take such jobs and high school kids who need to support their new car... that they need to drive to work in. you arent by chance an illegal are you? :)

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 11:42PM

Agreed. No points awarded to the King of Geeks.

Posted by: tsarnicholas ()
Date: October 10, 2005 12:01PM

"Sure, it sounds good now to deport all of the illegals,but I don't want to hear any of you complaining when there's nobody to pump your gas, and you're eating off of dirty dishes in restaurants."

Maybe you've never read a book called "The Grapes of Wrath." The illegals are just like them, taking all the jobs from people like you and me, and paying hard-working people with unfair wages because Paco will do it for 2 bucks and a tortilla wrap. We need to start the deporting processes because it's already a huge deal. Two years ago I had 3 nice families living all around me. Now in 2005, there are three Spanish families (and when I mean family, we're talking a little more than EXTENDED family), one of which grows corn in their backyard and has chickens running around. If I wanted to have chickens in my yard, the county would be on my ass in a heartbeat.
I have no problem with them if they are here legally, but that's not really the case here is it? You work here to support your family, that's fine, I'm sure you're also in some class to help you learn English better. However, if you're here as part of a 15-person house with 2 bedrooms (and don't say that's not possible without the Zoning commission on your ass), chances are you're just here to send money back to Guadalawherever, not pay taxes, never learn the language, and give raping stares at my girlfriend EVERY TIME we pass one of you! F you then!
You know, I could have swore I heard on some news channel that VA has called a state of emergency about illegal immigration, and supposedly we're tapping into DHS money to get rid of this problem. So....when's it going to happen?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 10, 2005 12:18PM

King Of Geeks, I actually agree with you because I like latinos and respect the jobs they burden themselves with, but most restaurants make the other employees pitch in to wash dishes, so no concern when paco the dish man doesn't show up for work.

I like illegal aliens because what if I need to enter a country illegally someday? I'll wanted to be treated like anybody else as long as I act ok.

Posted by: Mateo ()
Date: October 10, 2005 05:19PM

I think we're forgetting the point....

....which is that the damn helicopter has to go.

I can't imagine what that costs. If I'm correct, we have three of them. That's insane. It's not like it's chasing OJ in a white Bronco every weekend. They call that thing up every time a redneck gets into a barfight (I know a guy).

I hope, at the very least, that they send it out Route 7 to medivac crashed cars and such. That would be 10 times more useful.

Here's the point: the money exists (because of that property valuation) so they need something to spend it on. If the police don't spend all of their money one year there will be some unfavorable budgeting the following year.

Mateo

Date: October 10, 2005 07:17PM

Amen to that, brother Mateo

Posted by: Jim Foster ()
Date: October 18, 2005 03:02PM

Consider this:

Most Fairfax County voters don't vote. They just don't seem to care about anything that happens in the county. Just a few examples:

The county is spending over a $100 million dollars on a government employee training center. I'll bet you that there are not 6 folks outside of those who work for the county knows this - or who care.

Property tqxes have almost doubled in a few short years. There is little, if any, reaction to this. I can't find hardly anyone who knows this, and fewer who care.

Last year, much attention was given by our elected leaders to the fact that they were going to lower the tax rate - 13 cents, down to $1 per $100 of assessed valuation. What taxpayers don't seem to understnd is that massive spending by Fairfax County drives the tax rate - not assessements It's 3rd-grade arithemtic, but few "get it".

Now I ask you, if voters are this disconnected, we deserve what we get - staggering tax increases and all. George Bernard Shaw said it best - when he observed thgat democracy "ensures that we shall be governed no better than we deserve."

Date: October 18, 2005 03:48PM

Yeah, but then George Gernard Shaw was a drunken, wife-beating, closet homosexual, so I am conflicted...

Posted by: WashingToneLoc-ian ()
Date: October 20, 2005 11:28PM

Chip Wrote:
> Fairfax County is out of control. Does it bother
> anyone how much your taxes have gone up over the
> last few years. Mine has gone from 3,000 to over
> 6,000 in a short period of time. Gerry "Hit and
> Run" Connolly only talks about affordable housing.
> Yes, that means take your hard earned money and
> give it to someone else and at the same raise your
> taxes. Don't forget, we are a welfare dump like
> Arlington. Are we going to wake up and get rid of
> him. Would like your input!.
>
>

You live in the "wealthiest" county in the country. What do you expect? You are going to pay taxes out the ass.

Date: October 21, 2005 09:31AM

Jim Foster Wrote:
> Consider this:
>
> Most Fairfax County voters don't vote. They just
> don't seem to care about anything that happens in
> the county. Just a few examples:
>
> The county is spending over a $100 million dollars
> on a government employee training center. I'll
> bet you that there are not 6 folks outside of
> those who work for the county knows this - or who
> care.
>
> Property tqxes have almost doubled in a few short
> years. There is little, if any, reaction to this.
> I can't find hardly anyone who knows this, and
> fewer who care.
>
> Last year, much attention was given by our elected
> leaders to the fact that they were going to lower
> the tax rate - 13 cents, down to $1 per $100 of
> assessed valuation. What taxpayers don't seem to
> understnd is that massive spending by Fairfax
> County drives the tax rate - not assessements
> It's 3rd-grade arithemtic, but few "get it".
>
> Now I ask you, if voters are this disconnected, we
> deserve what we get - staggering tax increases and
> all. George Bernard Shaw said it best - when he
> observed thgat democracy "ensures that we shall be
> governed no better than we deserve."

perhaps you should consider that anyway you vote, they still tax the hell out of you. besides, we are the meal ticket for the rest of the state.

Posted by: LA ()
Date: October 21, 2005 03:59PM

Gravis Wrote:
>
> you most definately arent the first to suggest
> that. so, will neighbors of damn illegals fucking
> call the INS on them already? im not against
> imigration, im against scumbags taking my damn
> money and then not speaking a lick of english.
> very frustrating.
> -------------------------------------------------------

Agree. On top of that these illegals form gangs and commit crimes.

Posted by: WashingToneLoc-ian ()
Date: October 21, 2005 07:34PM

LA Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > you most definately arent the first to
> suggest
> > that. so, will neighbors of damn illegals
> fucking
> > call the INS on them already? im not
> against
> > imigration, im against scumbags taking my
> damn
> > money and then not speaking a lick of
> english.
> > very frustrating.
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> Agree. On top of that these illegals form gangs
> and commit crimes.
>
>
>
>

The INS isn't going to do anything, despite what Michael Chertoff says. They don't have the money, manpower or facilities to deport every illegal in the country.

If you want to go after someone, go after the employers who hire the illegals. Also, go after the banks that are giving illegals mortgages. If you are an American, you have to have two years of employment history, all kinds of credit references, etc., to qualify for a home loan. If you are illegal, all you need is an IRS number three other families to help make the payments and realtors who will look the other way to get their commission. If you are in this country illegally, this should not happen.

Posted by: Ted Schlamme ()
Date: October 21, 2005 08:16PM

hmm someopne was listening to bill oreilly's show today, he said the exact same thing 30 times.

penis extender
Posted by: penis extender ()
Date: November 13, 2005 05:13AM

I agree with you the way you view the issue. I remember Jack London once said everything positive has a negative side; It is also interesting to see different viewpoints & learn useful things in the discussion.

Date: November 13, 2005 11:29AM

Jack London and GB Shaw... What a hot drunken literary gay threesome that would be...for me, your favorite outed homo

Posted by: James ()
Date: November 28, 2005 03:43AM

legalization of pot would be a nice idea. but ive thought about it. if it gets legalized, then the fucking government will buy into it, then put restrictions and regulations on growing, selling and smoking pot. then there will be a fucking pot tax, because even though pot will be legal, greed will still exist. and if we wanna smoke our pot in peace, then we gotta pay off the government, for an anual fee or some shit. then the cigarette companies will buy into it (some of which already have, and are waiting for the day), and then the government will put restrictions on the restrictions the cigarette companies put on the pack of joints they will be selling. so then you have commercial grade, government diluted pot. and this time, with additives. yeah, you want nicotine in your pot? then legalize it.

Date: November 28, 2005 08:40AM

there's already nicotine in pot IIRC

and yes those trade-offs are fine by me if it means supply will be readily available. it beats the current drought

Posted by: timetravler ()
Date: August 22, 2012 06:10PM

Bump

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: August 23, 2012 10:25AM

If you Don't vote your the problem. The people that run this state and Fairfax, wont listen to non-voters. Not a sermon, just the fact.

Posted by: XMYcN ()
Date: December 21, 2016 10:44PM

XMYcN

Re: penis extender
Posted by: CherylBravo ()
Date: January 30, 2018 04:56AM

Yes, penis extender works. Actually all extenders work but they take time and patience. If you can comfortably wear it, for 4–6 hours every day, yes it will work. However, gains are very slow. You will start seeing noticeable gains (1 cm or more) at least after 3 months. Here are the link with more info if you are still interested https://uvipe.com/

Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: January 30, 2018 06:22AM

FFX Co. is a great place to live and work.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.