HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD waste of tax dollars....
Posted by: angryman ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:45AM

Does anyone else feel like Fairfax County Police are totally useless?

Tonight I got a ticket for failure to yield when entering a highway... There's no stop sign or yield sign from my point of exit. This douche also waits to pull me over on my driveway and starts to go off on a usual fairfax county power trip...

Its so embarrassing to have your neighbors watch you 1 am in the morning when those obnoxious blue and white lights are going off.

A month prior to this my car was broken into and my belongings were taken from inside. I would be the 5th victim of this crime in the same neighborhood. Fairfax claims that unless I am a first person witness they cant do anything, which is great because now i can sacrifice sleep so i can watch my car until i have to go somewhere.

Please share your useless Fairfax County Police stories...
Im am very close to spending some of my personal money to form some sort of Anti-FCPD campaign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD waste of tax dollars....
Posted by: jimmy jingles ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:55AM

Predictions:
- 6 replies will be terse variations of "you deserved the ticket"
- 3 will mock your "Anti-FCPD campaign"
- 1 will be crybaby image macros
- 3 will be incomprehensible, written in all lower case, using SMS-speak, bitching about the police as well.
- 2 will make fun of your victim complex
- 1 will mention donuts
- Everyone, except you, will be entertained

Posted by: Angryman ()
Date: April 11, 2009 03:12AM

I would assume anyone who receives an unjustified ticket would have a victim complex, unless your bi-polar.

Im gonna be a cop, its a franchise with no start up costs.

Posted by: jimmy jingles ()
Date: April 11, 2009 03:20AM

Internet Traffic Court is now in session.

Please rise. You may be seated.

First case is State of Virginia vs Angryman. Charge is "failure to yield onto a highway"

Angryman, you have pleaded innocent. Now is your chance to state the facts of the case so your guilt or innocence may be determined by a jury of your internet peers.

Please address the jury, explaining in detail the facts of this case as they occured. What highway did you merge onto, from where? Was there cross traffic? Did you come to a complete stop? Did you cut anyone off?

Date: April 11, 2009 03:49AM

I was making a left turn onto mt vernon memorial highway from Exxon. There hasn't been a stop/yeild sign here EVER. I make this same turn every night, even with cops there.

1 am No cars, no traffic. just me. my house is less than a couple hundred feet away. I come to my driveway, then 2 cops light me up. He tells me I was "wreckless driving" then changes to failure to yield when entering a highway.

He then switches to terminator mode and begins to aggressively decipher words that aren't even directed to him. "WHAT'D YOU SAY!?, WHAT"D YOU SAY!?"...total douche.

Power trips are funny to watch though. Each cop comes equipped with their own rendition of Hitler.

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: April 11, 2009 05:22AM

If you feel you were wrongly charged, challenge it in court. That's what the court system is for.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 11, 2009 08:25AM

You're forgetting that the FCPD is mainly in the revenue collecting business. They can't waste valuable man hours investigating crime when there is a huge revenue stream out on the roads. Gotta make up for that budget shortfall.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: April 11, 2009 08:43AM

§ 46.2-821. Vehicles before entering certain highways shall stop or yield right-of-way.

The driver of a vehicle approaching an intersection on a highway controlled by a stop sign shall, immediately before entering such intersection, stop at a clearly marked stop line, or, in the absence of a stop line, stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or, in the absence of a marked crosswalk, stop at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway. Before proceeding, he shall yield the right-of-way to the driver of any vehicle approaching on such other highway from either direction.

Where a "Yield Right-of-Way" sign is posted, the driver of a vehicle approaching or entering such intersection shall slow down to a speed reasonable for the existing conditions, yield the right-of-way to the driver of another vehicle approaching or entering such intersection from another direction, and, if required for safety, shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, or, in the absence of a stop line, stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway, and shall yield the right-of-way to the driver of any vehicle approaching on such other highway from either direction.

And,its RECKLESS, you fucktard. And how was it a waste of tax dollars when the po-lice stopped someone for breaking a law?

If you think you were soooooooo wronged by the FCPD, file a complaint. When the video from the dash cam shows what a dickhead you were, you'll STFU.

And get your tint removed, buy some donuts for them for wasting their time for writing a ticket that you deserved, lock your fucking car and take your "valuables" inside your house,and since you are stupid enough to post this info on a public web site with all your ranting and admitting you have done this before, don't be surprised if the cop hands a copy of this entire thread to the judge when you beg for forgiveness of your unspeakable act against the people of the Commonwealth.

Do you work at that Exxon or were you cutting through the parking lot to avoid the traffic signal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 08:47AM by Highlander.

Posted by: COPS ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:13AM

I hate people making left turn .....into a DONUT shop without STOP, YIELD or SLOW DOWN even without STOP SIGH,YIELD SIGN or oncoming CAR
Here
take 2 DONUTS and pay your ticket in the morning

Posted by: NegativeDreamStealer ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:38AM

Junes: "If you feel you were wrongly charged, challenge it in court. That's what the court system is for."

That's what it should be for. But it isn't. Traffic court mostly serves as a way for the government to "check the box" on due process. The police always get the benefit of the doubt, and generally prevail no matter what evidence the driver presents.

Interestingly, the one time I received a speeding ticket the cop advised me that if I were to challenge the ticket in court, I might end up paying a much larger fine than if I simply acquiesced and paid up by mail. I interpreted that as a threat. In any case, I thought it was highly inappropriate for an officer of the law to try to discourage me from having my day in court.

Posted by: Why arent you out arresting REAL criminals,Ill point them out to you ()
Date: April 11, 2009 10:08AM

Please do start your anti-FCPD campaign, I personally if I were you would spend every cent you have to fight this injustice, while you are at it, call a whaaambulance

Posted by: 911 ()
Date: April 11, 2009 11:41AM

A few months ago, at 3:30 am, we were awakened by somebody beating on our front door with what sounded like a sledge hammer. I called 911 and FCPD was there in less than 5 minutes. They grabbed the guy (a drunk that had the wrong house) and as I was talking to the 2 cops out front, 4 more came around from the back of the house all with shotguns.

Needless to say, I was impressed.

Pay the ticket and quit driving like an asshole.

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: April 11, 2009 11:54AM

NegativeDreamStealer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Junes: "If you feel you were wrongly charged,
> challenge it in court. That's what the court
> system is for."
>
> That's what it should be for. But it isn't.
> Traffic court mostly serves as a way for the
> government to "check the box" on due process. The
> police always get the benefit of the doubt, and
> generally prevail no matter what evidence the
> driver presents.
>
> Interestingly, the one time I received a speeding
> ticket the cop advised me that if I were to
> challenge the ticket in court, I might end up
> paying a much larger fine than if I simply
> acquiesced and paid up by mail. I interpreted that
> as a threat. In any case, I thought it was highly
> inappropriate for an officer of the law to try to
> discourage me from having my day in court.

Of course it will cost more if you go to court - the fine, if paid on line, does not include court costs.

That's hardly a threat!

Posted by: NegativeDreamStealer ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:12PM

That's not what the cop said. He said that the base fine could be higher, implying that the judge had leeway to ratchet it up. Based on what, he didn't say.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:20PM

jimmy jingles Wrote:
> Predictions:
> - 6 replies will be terse variations of "you
> deserved the ticket"
> - 3 will mock your "Anti-FCPD campaign"
> - 1 will be crybaby image macros
> - 3 will be incomprehensible, written in all lower
> case, using SMS-speak, bitching about the police
> as well.
> - 2 will make fun of your victim complex
> - 1 will mention donuts
> - Everyone, except you, will be entertained

file.php?2,file=3517
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 03:54PM by Gravis.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:26PM

angryman, what exactly did you do to draw the cop's attention? You were likely driving like an asshole and cut someone off from the exit ramp, but let's hear your side of the story.

Posted by: Just as Angryman ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:30PM

Five larcenies in a few weeks in a certain neighborhood, a few people complain and there is a bit more police coverage around that neighborhood. The police do their job by pulling over a vehicle that has made an illegal move and ticket the driver. Checking his license, registration and address to make sure that he isn't in the wrong neighborhood at 1 am.

If the people that had broken into your car a few weeks ago decided to return at say, 1a.m. on a Saturday morning and ran through a yield in front of two cops just before doing so, would you want them pulled over, or should the cops just have let them go on by? This could have easily been the guys that have been breaking into cars in your neighborhood. But you are different somehow.

Remember, this was all precipitated by you doing something illegal in front of two cops at 1am, try to remember that, even if you have done that same illegal move hundreds of times before. It doesn't make it any less illegal if you have done it a hundred times before. Consider it Karma for doing it the other 99 times and not getting caught.

rant/ What the fuck is wrong with you? You are Angry you got caught and misdirected it at the guys that are trying to keep your neighborhood safe. You are to blame for doing this, not the cops.

BTW- The whole reason you should come to a complete stop and then proceed is to give you enough time to react if you don't expect to see something coming. Its much harder to see another object moving while you are moving at the same time. Due diligence in this helps prevent all types of accidents including pedestrian/auto accidents in low-light situations. But nooooooo, you've done it a hundred times so therefore your mind is now conditioned that the hundredth time will be no different. Guess what? Every person who has ever been in an accident says the same thing - I didn't see, I didn't think, I didn't know...

Taking an extra second just to be aware of your general surroundings goes along way toward preventing accidents. The alternative is more tickets, you discovered that the hard way. Good day, sir. /rant

Posted by: Not Angry ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:43PM

It is amazing that you are upset over a ticket. The same police that you badmouth will be the ones to save you or your family one day. They answer every call for service. You should be grateful that they are attentive and assertive. It is unfortunate people have negative attitudes toward the police. I think they have a tough job. Thanks FCPD.

Posted by: cut the crap ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:44PM

> That's not what the cop said. He said that the
> base fine could be higher, implying that the judge
> had leeway to ratchet it up. Based on what, he
> didn't say.

OK that is a fact, usually people who go to court with an attitude do get hammered more by the judge, the laws impose the top amount the court can impose (not the judges lawyers or cops), Perhaps he was giving you good advise not a threat, he gets paid to be in the courtroom, he or she doesnt care if you prepay or have the case tried or dont show at all,quit being an asshole and taking it personally, now we all see why you probably got the ticket to begin with....

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:04PM

Angry"man"..would be better named "whining-20 something year old". He got himself a ticket...wahh-wahhh...next time obey the law!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 02:04PM by Vince(1).

Posted by: . ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:33PM

> That's not what the cop said. He said that the
> base fine could be higher, implying that the judge
> had leeway to ratchet it up. Based on what, he
> didn't say.

Based upon your previous driving record, your behavior with the officer, etc. The maximum fine is $250 plus court costs on a traffic infraction. The maximum fine is not levied when you pay in advance.

Date: April 11, 2009 04:07PM

to 911: Nobody gives a shit that fairfax came to your house promptly while your mom was blowing loads on the door.

To just as angryman: you sound ignorant, by ignorant i mean you speak like you have all the facts. My neighbor gave the police the license plate number of the people that committed these GRAND Larcenies, and grand theft autos. Cops did nothing...

Protect my neighborhood? kiss my ass, you live in a bubble.

Just because a guy doesn't get caught the first 100 times, doesn't' make him right. I totally understand that. But how can you enforce non existent traffic signs? T

What's with all the e-gangsters on this site?

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: April 11, 2009 04:47PM

angryman Wrote:

They're here to take out all the e-pussies that bitch about getting a ticket.

Posted by: joe woa ()
Date: April 11, 2009 05:25PM

Posted by: Isee ()
Date: April 11, 2009 07:00PM

Dear Angryman-ummmmm blow it out your prissy ass. As for your ford Pinto being broken into, tell you what, since you're so smart YOU solve the crime with no leads,no suspects, no evidence and a big pile of glass on the ground to start with. Maybe you can collaborate with COPS and jam DONUTS up your ass at the CAR WASH all day and think of more worthless drivel to post on here.

TOOL.

Posted by: areyoujoking ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:59PM

§ 46.2-826. Stop before entering public highway or sidewalk from private road, etc.; yielding right-of-way.

The driver of a vehicle entering a public highway or sidewalk from a private road, driveway, alley, or building shall stop immediately before entering such highway or sidewalk and yield the right-of-way to vehicles approaching on such public highway and to pedestrians or vehicles approaching on such public sidewalk.

The provisions of this section shall not apply at an intersection of public and private roads controlled by a traffic signal. At any such intersection, all movement of traffic into and through the intersection shall be controlled by the traffic signal.

Why don't you post the specific section of the VA code that you were cited for? If you were cited for 46.2-826, then stop complaining. If you were cited for 46.2-821, then the officer made a mistake, and the ticket will probably be dismissed, although the police officer could actually make a motion to change the charge from 46.2-821 to 46.2-826.

When I got pulled over for breaking the law I didn't come on here and bitch.

Posted by: right on ()
Date: April 11, 2009 10:21PM

You are absolutely correct. It is indeed a complete waste of tax dollars for a law enforcement agency to actually enforce the law. The nerve of those guys. What are they thinking?

Posted by: Just as Angryman ()
Date: April 11, 2009 10:45PM

"To just as angryman: you sound ignorant, by ignorant i mean you speak like you have all the facts. My neighbor gave the police the license plate number of the people that committed these GRAND Larcenies, and grand theft autos. Cops did nothing..."

You started this thread, Cupcake. I'm not the one whining about his traffic ticket and general lot in life.

Protect my neighborhood? kiss my ass, you live in a bubble.

Did I use the phrase "Protect my neighborhood" - reread and apologize. I am not sure what you mean by implying that I live in a bubble. Living in a bubble is like some whiner who can't drive and blames his short-comings on others and then whines about it at 2:45am in the morning on a computer, proudly proclaiming that he might use some of his own money to start an organization against people that are hired and trained to protect him and his fellow citizens. People who live in bubbles don't write run-on sentences, I might add!

Just because a guy doesn't get caught the first 100 times, doesn't' make him right. I totally understand that. But how can you enforce non existent traffic signs?

The charge is 46.2-826. I bet you know it now. An exit is an exit, so come to a full stop when exiting onto a street that has right of way - am I going too fast for you?

How do I come off as an e-gangster? You're the one with the fresh charge on their rap sheet. I don't even like most rap music.

Posted by: Slapshot ()
Date: April 13, 2009 06:56AM

OH.....I'd figure I'd find "COPS" on here with another one of his original donut jokes...boy, I am laugher harder now than the first 100 times I've heard that joke.

Hey angryman, "areyoujoking" just gave you a lesson you learned, but chose to ignore, in your driver education class.

Posted by: AboogaBoogaBoo..... ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:56PM

Uhm, if there was no yield sign, and he saw no other cars out, why would he deserve this ticket?

And FCPS cops are asshole pricks[well, most of them], who just like the power trip. I like cops when they're saving someone from some mugger or killer.....but when they're all sarcastic and telling you shit you already know when you're drunk in public or caught underage drinking at a party.....it's just obnoxious, it's like shutup, i know what i was doing was against the law, i know what the fucking law is, give me my punishment and move on, spare me the lecture and sarcasm--i don't need your little "i think im smarter and better than you speech". fuck.

Posted by: Reality Check ()
Date: April 14, 2009 07:44AM

Maybe his BMW-driving dumb ass should have seen, you know THE COP CAR THAT WAS OUT. No wonder you are getting bitch-slapped when you are drunk in public. You are a retard.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.