HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia woman loses license after defaulting on $10K in Express Lane tolls, fines
Posted by: Working Well for U ()
Date: January 03, 2015 06:53PM

Recently, an Alexandria woman showed up at a Fairfax County court to face the consequence of not paying up while driving on the 495 Express Lanes. Lisa Marie Comras took her case to court, but failed to appear, and thus a Fairfax County judge ruled against her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia woman loses license after defaulting on $10K in Express Lane tolls, fines
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 03, 2015 07:06PM

Well, that's typically what happens when you dont pay tickets/fines. How dumb can you be to rack up $10K in tolls?

Re: Virginia woman loses license after defaulting on $10K in Express Lane tolls, fines
Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: January 03, 2015 07:10PM

How does a person get to $10,000 in tolls by using the express lanes?

Isn't each trip something like $5? She used the lanes 2,000 times?

Posted by: Huh'sAnalRapist ()
Date: January 03, 2015 07:54PM

Huh??? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does a person get to $10,000 in tolls by using
> the express lanes?
>
> Isn't each trip something like $5? She used the
> lanes 2,000 times?

Late fees, muffakah...late fees.

Posted by: d4cgt ()
Date: January 03, 2015 09:58PM

Huh??? Wrote:
> How does a person get to $10,000 in tolls by using
> the express lanes?
>
> Isn't each trip something like $5? She used the
> lanes 2,000 times?

$14.20 in tolls. Over ten grand in fines and administrative fees. Can't find anything explaining why she had unpaid tolls in the first place but if her story is the same as the thousands of other people this happens to, it's either a malfunctioning transponder or she didn't have one (or has it mounted incorrectly).

Posted by: uNnbm ()
Date: January 03, 2015 09:58PM

a facist communist story published by an evil city

there is no such thing as a $10,000 fine for driving

but those thieves will send *anything* in the mail or newspapers to tell you it can and must be believe

don't believe it. either shoot or arrest those who insist there is such a thing as a $10,000 driving fine

Posted by: e77Xn ()
Date: January 03, 2015 09:59PM

preferably hang. that is the tradition. facists who live large and threaten the public: are hung. simply the way we do things on this planet.

Posted by: Danny Kaye ()
Date: January 04, 2015 10:47AM

Lisa Marie is one of those typical entitled libs who always expects others to pay her way. Glad the worthless bitch will have to pay for her selfishness this time.

Posted by: so wrong ()
Date: January 04, 2015 12:08PM

There are some insanely high late fees for skipping tolls. There was a wash post story on it not too long ago. I believe they are allowed because of the toll lanes being private. If she showed up at court, things may have been different.

Posted by: Toohey ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:31PM

How many fines do you have to owe in all the different counties to lose your license?

Posted by: E3kVk ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:40PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: uHwjp ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:41PM

DUH only niggers do that - obama has been slick editing google resutls

google "a white man stold my car" ?? did you mean: "a nigger stold my car ?"

Posted by: LXdpG ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:42PM

bitch i said you were too close to the light and the city policy is a $10,000 citation

give me your car bitch

Posted by: HVK7w ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:44PM

Attachments:
img2.jpg

Posted by: mvwXd ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:46PM

you know if your afraid the adult officers and county could be sued in court for $10,000 fine of use of a road ...

you could always train your kids to steal cars, i mean issue citations and send gov mail, like they do in DC and Phili.

that way you have no line of accountability !

Posted by: Cm767 ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:48PM

what a fuckign troll obama and google fuckign foreigners are

you can tell that white guy car jacking is staged - and it's one of a large list of "setting up white people" so people dont know what's black going on

Posted by: XdkUm ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:50PM

get real a traffic fine is $15 tort to $75 moving (meaning speeding dangerously, not meaning car is moving, duh, meaning in the sense of torts v. endangerment "moving" means)

Posted by: dP3pC ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:51PM

$10,000 ? that's an uninsured accident payout

or facists holding a gun to your head demannding money

in which case i suggest hanging or arresting them

Posted by: yNKF7 ()
Date: January 04, 2015 01:52PM

white car ? there's another $10,000 coming to me turkey !

Posted by: TFGVC ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:07PM

i said i saw you not yield. this lady IS SELFISH AND DESERVES to have her car impounded. and her house taken - some spic will be moving in soon !
Attachments:
img2.jpg

Posted by: JmYJw ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:08PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: LmdvF ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:08PM

sorry mommy - learn how to yield bitch !

Posted by: HwYYL ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:09PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: mYHyK ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:10PM

no kid we dont "fine" (impoverish and steal) from kids

EXCEPT WHEN THEY ARE IN GOVERMENT SCHOOLS - THEN YOUR OPEN SEASON TO SCHOOL POLICY AND ARREST YOU LITTLE SACK OF SHIT. YOU NEVER SAID THANK YOU WHEN I TOOK YOU LUNCH MONEY FOR BUYING THE WRONG FOOD !

Posted by: vnKcM ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:11PM

uh huh. the all get out

Posted by: 6tKVp ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:13PM

Attachments:
dog.jpg

Posted by: vW3w6 ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:19PM

what if the rich get away with payign $15 for a tort and don't stop doing it?

that's a different story and there is commonwealth law for that (a long wealth of previous cases where a judge did put 2 and 2 together)

that's also why they are taxed

---------------------------
obviously a poor person cannot afford $10,000 tickets , thus it cannot be a standard

Posted by: Ralph Nadir ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:58PM

Probably one of those asshole Libs who brags on FFXU how they ride the toll lanes without ever paying.

Posted by: hJCVH ()
Date: January 05, 2015 02:04PM

at $10,000 is obvious who needs to default and who is in debt

DC, arlington, et all

Posted by: Engelbert ()
Date: January 05, 2015 03:19PM

There was a guy who had $200,000 in fines and fees on the Dulles toll road

Posted by: 1995hoo ()
Date: January 05, 2015 04:38PM

I don't have much sympathy for the lady whose license was suspended. Naturally the media will try to paint her as sympathetic, but give the story a read (link is below). She's been wrong at every step of the process:

(1) She used the lanes without an E-ZPass (not stated in the story, but obvious given the facts).

(2) She got a bill in the mail and didn't pay.

(3) She failed to show up in court, so the judge entered a default judgment against her. (This is standard in ANY civil case, not just unpaid toll cases. If you fail to appear, you usually lose!)

(4) She negotiated a payment plan with the court due to the amount of money.

(5) She didn't make the monthly payment she negotiated. (At this point, it becomes borderline contempt of court.)

(6) She said she didn't pay because, in part, "I don't want to." (So you think that allows you to ignore a court order? That's REALLY stupid.)

(7) The COURT, not Transurban, ordered the DMV to suspend her license (the WTOP article quotes the statute).

http://wtop.com/traffic/2015/01/virginia-woman-loses-license-defaulting-10k-express-lane-tolls-fines/

Posted by: l1973 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 08:52AM

#1 - I had a fully funded, properly mounted EZ Pass
#2 - I didn't get a notice until the "final notice" - by then $14.20 tolls became $350.00
#3 - Filed a request for a continuance by contacting the court but they sent me to the wrong court - I faxed my request over to Circuit court and my case was heard. I notified transurban 5 times I would need to reschedule the court case - they also knew I could not be there.
#4 - didn't negotiate anything - $14.20 tolls w/the civil penalties equals $10,751.40.
#6 - I don't want to pay an extortion fee - $10,000! I cant and I wont - it isn't just or fair or LEGAL - hence the FEDERAL CLASS ACTION
#7 - the COURT suspends your license if you don't pay ANY judgment but don't mistake this - they are not acting in accordance with the legislature.
and finally -
#8 - I hope you never have this issue. There is a reason that folks are getting their cases reversed/dropped/voided - because what was being done to drivers is illegal, immoral and just plain wrong. Speak only if you actually know what is true and what isn't. I would not run the risk of riding those particular lanes - I am not the only one that this has happened to - I just happen to be one of the few willing to TALK about it.

Date: April 17, 2015 08:56AM

I am not a liberal - I am republican. I have a good paying job (worked ever since I was 15 years old) - a first gulf war veteran and I pay my taxes. I had a fully funded ezpass (since 2006).
And by the way - I am not a bitch but you certainly are an asshole.

Date: April 17, 2015 08:58AM

Danny Kaye Wrote:
> Lisa Marie is one of those typical entitled libs
> who always expects others to pay her way. Glad
> the worthless bitch will have to pay for her
> selfishness this time.

I am not a liberal - I am republican. I have a good paying job (worked ever since I was 15 years old) - a first gulf war veteran and I pay my taxes. I had a fully funded ezpass (since 2006).
And by the way - I am not a bitch but you certainly are an asshole.

Posted by: 3hK6K ()
Date: April 18, 2015 12:22PM

^^ who's the bitch now ?

Posted by: bite hand that lets you havefood ()
Date: April 18, 2015 05:23PM

l1973 Wrote:
> I am not a liberal - I am republican. I have a
> good paying job (worked ever since I was 15 years
> old) - a first gulf war veteran and I pay my
> taxes. I had a fully funded ezpass (since 2006).
>
> And by the way - I am not a bitch but you
> certainly are an asshole.

Sorry anyone that questions authority and especially our Corporation Creators is automatically expelled from the GOP. We will be glad to accept you into the Independent party or the Dems will probably take you. You should plan on returning your Republican credentials - you dont bite the hand that lets you have food, you dont mess with The Creator.

Posted by: fuck republicans ()
Date: April 18, 2015 08:51PM

l1973 Wrote:
> I am not a liberal - I am republican. I have a
> good paying job (worked ever since I was 15 years
> old) - a first gulf war veteran and I pay my
> taxes. I had a fully funded ezpass (since 2006).
>
> And by the way - I am not a bitch but you
> certainly are an asshole.

What kind of dumb bitch calls herself a Republican? Fuck off, glad you got screwed. Pay your tolls.

By the way proud retaddlican. Privatized toll roads are the Republican solution to congestion.

If you knew what a Republican was you wouldn't be calling yourself one while getting screwed by the philosophy at the same time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.