HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
95 Hot Lanes Total Cost
Posted by: 95LanesCost ()
Date: December 29, 2014 06:36PM

So, the signs don't post the total cost all the way to the end of the line. So, I'm curious to know what that was.

When I passed by the entrance at the FFX Parkway, the farthest toll posted on the sign was Dale Blvd for $5.60, this was around 5PM.

Who took them all the way until the end going South? What was the total cost?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 95 Hot Lanes Total Cost
Posted by: ConfusedDriver ()
Date: December 29, 2014 06:40PM

Much like the 495 lanes, unless you're getting off on one of the exits listed where you get on, you don't know what you're paying, and you don't know if your EZ-Pass worked either, until your account is charged or you get a fine notice in the mail.

Posted by: Good Question Who Knows ()
Date: December 29, 2014 07:26PM

At 345pm it was 7.00 to go to Rt 234, It was also 5 dollars to go to Rt 123 and I was In Fx Co 1 mile away. The main line was way backed up from Fx Co Parkway to Rt 610. Then more from 610 to the Rappahannock. the EZ Pass lane was moving on with few cars and many had only 1 driver.

The State Police today announced they have new equipment that can tell if your EZ Flex Pass is on toll or HOV or if you dont have a EZ pass but I did not see a single trooper. Coming up at 10 am It was 5 dollars to Rt 123 from Rt 610 . I stayed on the main line, I will get a EZ Pass but only for an emergency will I use it.

If you get a EZ flex pass you get the box with the HOV/toll switch. If you dont use the HOV mode in 6 months they will cancel it. A EZ pass only lets you pay tolls, Even if you have three people you still need the EZ Flex to set it for HOV, So with a EZ pass your paying regardless of how many are in the car.

Lots of snow birds on I95 South today and students going home and I can see its going to be hell in the summer.

Posted by: yuou ()
Date: December 29, 2014 07:57PM

if single-occupant toll payers threaten to clog the HOV lanes, Transurban will keep increasing the toll until demand eases. The real concern may be some motorists will give up carpooling as Schwartz suggests, leading to more single-occupant vehicles on the road.

Posted by: Express Lanes Suck ()
Date: December 29, 2014 08:40PM

Highest toll rates in the country. Higher than California. Richmond is screwing NOVA again. On 495, the bridge is still four lanes. It is terrible. It is backed up every night like a holiday Friday used to cause. But, it is every night passed Rt 7. We were told it would alleviate regular traffic and really move fast in the toll lanes. It has not. BS.

Posted by: Good Question Who Knows ()
Date: December 29, 2014 08:53PM

>if single-occupant toll payers threaten to clog the HOV lanes

EZ Pass lane today had very little traffic today despite the huge back up on the main line.

Yes the toll is sky high cant see that many using it and that means builders dont make any money so then what??

I did not vote for this I endured the 495 back up for years in Fairfax to widen the beltway when I was there then it all turned out to be Toll. Of course I put up with all the beltway road jobs never ending since 1970 here.
I remember the original HOV lanes from the "Gong" that went down to about Rt 7
on 395. I wonder If the slugs are still around?

Posted by: CostSavings ()
Date: December 29, 2014 08:56PM

I know a few folks who have budgeted about $1000 a month towards tolls stating its still cheaper to live further south than to sell their home, move north, and pay $1500-2000 more per month in a mortgage.

So, 20 workdays in a month, divided by $1000, is $50/day in tolls, which is a $25/day budget.

Posted by: Well Your Right $528 a Month ()
Date: December 29, 2014 09:22PM

If your a painter in Fredericksburg making 12 dollars a hour when you work and your wife works for the Fed making 120K a year I guess you can let her spend 24 dollars a day X 22 days a month just $528 a month. The other day or two a month she will take as fake sick of course.

Posted by: Preppie le pew ()
Date: December 29, 2014 09:48PM

I am a painter in Fredericksburg. Mostly impressionist art but will do a family sitting if requested. Please feel free to contact me at gerrymanderer2@dnc.org

Posted by: train going west ()
Date: December 29, 2014 09:50PM

A train leaving the station at 45 mph travels west, while another train 60 miles away travels northeast at 16 mph. When will the conductor see each other banging the engineer's wife in the caboose?

Posted by: Hot Cha Cha Cha Cha ()
Date: December 29, 2014 09:58PM

I sure hope you were right about snowbirds and students heading south. I left Fredericksburg after 4 pm heading north and the southbound backup from cars exiting the Hot Lanes in Stafford caused backups in the regular lanes for miles.

Posted by: giddyup ()
Date: December 30, 2014 07:37PM

If the 495 toll lanes and the ICC teach us anything it is that the problem will definitely not be overcrowding in the 95 toll lanes. You could hear a pin drop on these roads they are so empty.

Posted by: Truff ()
Date: December 30, 2014 08:04PM

giddyup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the 495 toll lanes and the ICC teach us
> anything it is that the problem will definitely
> not be overcrowding in the 95 toll lanes. You
> could hear a pin drop on these roads they are so
> empty.

This. The495 lanes are always empty. And I'd rather sit in traffic than take a chance that my pass "isn't working" and get some $10,000 fine. This Transurban shit is a total boondoggle. No one benefits other than the politicians and Transurban.

Posted by: JustSoYouKnow ()
Date: December 30, 2014 08:51PM

giddyup Wrote:
> If the 495 toll lanes and the ICC teach us
> anything it is that the problem will definitely
> not be overcrowding in the 95 toll lanes. You
> could hear a pin drop on these roads they are so
> empty.

That's the entire point dipshit. The tolls continue to increase/decrease so that traffic in the toll lanes keep a cotninous pace of 45 mph at a minimum. If the speed drops below 45, the toll increases until the volume of vehicles decrease.

If the tolls lanes are bogged down, then they're not working as planned.

Posted by: The Outrage Will Build ()
Date: December 30, 2014 08:58PM

As the months pass to summer. Whats McAuliffe going to do about it? The state capitol? I for one will look at their records and votes for this rip off and I dont care what party there with, they will never get a vote from me again. McAuliffe is off the hook with this one. Was not a deal on his watch.

Big Deal.. Yes till the Outrage Grows.

And it will build as you can no longer use the HOV lanes from NOVA down to Rt 234 for free from 12pm to 330 pm or in the later morning. Lanes that we already paid for and have now been "given" to the toll road operators to Rip Us Off!

Re: Cost
Posted by: Mr. Garrison ()
Date: December 30, 2014 09:40PM

$6.55 was on the price sign this morning around 8am from the start at Garrisonville to the Beltway, but traffic was lighter than usual. I was in a carpool and rode all the way to DC. Odd thing is that I really have no clue what it cost for the last little HOT segment between the Beltway to Edsall Rd. Have to figure it was <$1 for the last 2-ish miles, but who knows...nice little scam there on the paying customers.

Slugging should be at an all-time high in 2015 once people get the hang of the trip and then all kinks are worked out. True test comes next week (especially Tuesday-Thursday) when everyone's finally back at work after the holiday hangovers.

Looks like the biggest winners so far were the Horner Rd Park-n-Ride commuters as the new 3rd lane ends/starts there. But still...Hoodbridge...yuck.

Posted by: But VA Loves tolls ()
Date: December 31, 2014 02:13AM

I thought you all loved tolls. After all, it's the only way to build shit in the state.

Posted by: Hrrrnnng ()
Date: December 31, 2014 10:06AM

The Outrage Will Build Wrote:
> As the months pass to summer. Whats McAuliffe
> going to do about it? The state capitol? I for one
> will look at their records and votes for this rip
> off and I dont care what party there with, they
> will never get a vote from me again. McAuliffe is
> off the hook with this one. Was not a deal on his
> watch.
>
> Big Deal.. Yes till the Outrage Grows.
>
> And it will build as you can no longer use the HOV
> lanes from NOVA down to Rt 234 for free from 12pm
> to 330 pm or in the later morning. Lanes that we
> already paid for and have now been "given" to the
> toll road operators to Rip Us Off!

WTFuuuck over... Need to take the meds.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: January 29, 2015 07:20PM

These HOT lanes are total bullshit!
I wouldn't pay a dime to travel on a road I paid for with taxes!
Screw you VA ripoff politicians!
SCREW YOU POLITICIANS LIARS and scammers!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.