HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best local place to buy kimchi...
Posted by: Blargle ()
Date: December 20, 2014 06:36PM

So I've been in the mood for some rotting Korean cabbage, namely kimchi. I know we've got a ton of local places around here, so I was curious what your favorites were?

I like a bit of spice in kimchi, though to be honest I haven't tried any locally. Embarassing, I know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best local place to buy kimchi...
Posted by: ThreadKiller ()
Date: December 20, 2014 06:49PM

Im sensing the need to start BS threads here..."Best place to buy..." Why isnt there a xyz in Northern Virginia?

Wonder around Annandale after dark, visit the Korean bars with dark windows, and get the ugliest girl in there drunk. She'll tell you...or her breath will.

Posted by: A few options ()
Date: December 20, 2014 06:51PM

Any grand mart, or h mart also the new good fortune grocery store in sully station in Centreville too.

Date: December 20, 2014 08:47PM

Nah, I've been on the board forever and there are a lot of longtime locals here that know a whole lot more than simple Yelp or Chowhound entries so I take my chances with them...

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: December 20, 2014 08:51PM

Super H in Fairfax has agreat selection.

Posted by: KimBerlyChi ()
Date: December 20, 2014 09:16PM

All the Korean supermarkets will have it. But asking some Korean with really bad garlic breath sounds like a good idea too.

Date: December 20, 2014 10:47PM

Great, thanks - that Super H is pretty close, I"ve never been there before. Thanks everyone.

I dated a Korean girl for two and a half years, and her aunt and uncle would eat kimchi by the jarful and swig down draughts of Diet Coke. The kimchi burps were epic, horrific, and unforgettable...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.