HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How to sue Fairfax
Posted by: Lemming ()
Date: December 19, 2014 12:51PM

Hi, I had recently went to court for a traffic violation in which the officer/accuser/prosecutor did not show up. The judge basically coerced me into taking a deal, cause the case could not move forward without a officer/prosecutor present. He told us if we dont take a deal he will make us come back in for another court date. For me and many others this would mean losing more work and also cost of parking and transportation to the court. I can understand for a serious crime they cannot simply dismiss a case, but for traffic BS that doesnt involve a victim? A rare law that is not in most jurisdictions but in fairfax, allows a judge to do this. I assume its rare because it contradicts our rights and the constitution to a meet our accusers, due process, a speedy trial and what I feel is coercion by punishing us cause the prosecution was not prepared.

If I decided not to show up like this cop, I would be subject to the maximum penalties and possibly a warrant for my arrest. Im tired of rolling over and paying, I want to do my duty as an American and say Fuck you to these Tyrannical fucks that recieve lucrative benefits and pay all on our backs. And Im talking bout private sector employees that make this whole fucking thing possible. We are just trying to get to n from work so we can pay your undeserved salaries and benefits...ranted a lil forget that.

I sincerely am looking for any help with this, anyone sue fairfax before? are or no a lawyer that can give me some advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 12:53PM by Lemming.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to sue Fairfax
Posted by: save you the time ()
Date: December 19, 2014 12:54PM

Flush $2,500 down your toilet.

You can at least save the time you would have wasted this way.

Date: December 19, 2014 01:00PM

save you the time Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flush $2,500 down your toilet.
>
> You can at least save the time you would have
> wasted this way.

This attitude is why fairfax sucks ass, that and the high pop. oblivious immigrants helps the local gov. railroad the people here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 01:01PM by Lemming.

Posted by: Uh huh... ()
Date: December 19, 2014 01:02PM

If this was such a minor traffic violation, why didn't you prepay it and avoid the hassle of court?

Something tells me you don't have the resources to sue anyone, let alone Fairfax. But if you enjoy pissing away ten of thousands of dollars, go right ahead.

Date: December 19, 2014 01:07PM

Uh huh... Wrote:
> If this was such a minor traffic violation, why
> didn't you prepay it and avoid the hassle of
> court?
>
> Something tells me you don't have the resources to
> sue anyone, let alone Fairfax. But if you enjoy
> pissing away ten of thousands of dollars, go right
> ahead.

I was required to appear in court, and I wont be paying a lawyer. It pains me that most people here have this attitude of rolling over. Prolly why you people are taxed so much here, oh and the flogging.

Posted by: Uh huh... ()
Date: December 19, 2014 01:30PM

Lemming Wrote:
> Uh huh... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If this was such a minor traffic violation, why
> > didn't you prepay it and avoid the hassle of
> > court?
> >
> > Something tells me you don't have the resources
> to
> > sue anyone, let alone Fairfax. But if you enjoy
> > pissing away ten of thousands of dollars, go
> right
> > ahead.
>
>
> I was required to appear in court,

Well, that was kind of the point. Minor traffic violations don't require you to appear in court.

> and I wont be
> paying a lawyer.

You won't pay a lawyer to defend you, but you want to sue the County? Might want to rethink your priorities.

> It pains me that most people here
> have this attitude of rolling over.

You need to pick your fights. Most of us recognize futility when we see it. You must be young.

> Prolly why you
> people are taxed so much here, oh and the
> flogging.

No, that would be the schools. But that's another discussion.

Let me guess, whatever you're accused of, you did it. You're just pissed off you got caught. And now you're going to try to snow the judge with a bevy of excuses. Like they never heard those before.

My one experience in traffic court showed me that the judges (at least that one) are EXTRAORDINARILY lenient. In fact, it pissed me off to see so many clearly reckless people get off.

Posted by: Lemming1 ()
Date: December 19, 2014 04:10PM

Uh huh... Wrote:
> Lemming Wrote:
> -----
> > Uh huh... Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If this was such a minor traffic violation,
> why
> > > didn't you prepay it and avoid the hassle of
> > > court?
> > >
> > > Something tells me you don't have the
> resources
> > to
> > > sue anyone, let alone Fairfax. But if you
> enjoy
> > > pissing away ten of thousands of dollars, go
> > right
> > > ahead.
> >
> >
> > I was required to appear in court,
>
> Well, that was kind of the point. Minor traffic
> violations don't require you to appear in court.
>
> > and I wont be
> > paying a lawyer.
>
> You won't pay a lawyer to defend you, but you want
> to sue the County? Might want to rethink your
> priorities.
>
> > It pains me that most people here
> > have this attitude of rolling over.
>
> You need to pick your fights. Most of us recognize
> futility when we see it. You must be young.
>
> > Prolly why you
> > people are taxed so much here, oh and the
> > flogging.
>
> No, that would be the schools. But that's another
> discussion.
>
> Let me guess, whatever you're accused of, you did
> it. You're just pissed off you got caught. And now
> you're going to try to snow the judge with a bevy
> of excuses. Like they never heard those before.
>
> My one experience in traffic court showed me that
> the judges (at least that one) are EXTRAORDINARILY
> lenient. In fact, it pissed me off to see so many
> clearly reckless people get off.

I did what? could be wrong but I believe this country stills says your innocent until proven guilty, unfortunately in fairfax, you may have to take numerous days from work to prove this until the prosecution gets around to taking the court dates seriously.
Am I young? why? from my exp. especially this area, age does not translate to intelligence. Maybe if I age in this area, I will become complicit like you.

Posted by: So,,,, ()
Date: December 19, 2014 05:00PM

So why did you not stand up and tell the judge he was wrong....

And you know better then he does or I guess it could have been a she also..

That's what I thought. You are just a pussy and you think coming here would make you feel better. Well its not going to. Just face it, you just plain suck in life.

But hey...go ahead try to sue the county. I wish you luck.

Posted by: Leagle Eagel. ()
Date: December 19, 2014 05:22PM

The correct way to "stand up to these tyrannical fucks" would have been to ask for the case to be dismissed.

If the assistant Commonwealth's Attorney (the prosecutor) was there, he would have asked for a continuance, and you would have to show up on another day and miss another day of work. That's how the system works. Everybody gets paid (the judge, the CA, the cop) except YOU.

You should have spent some time researching what actually happens in court so you'd have known what to do and what to expect.

Instead, you went in ignorant and allowed yourself to be buffaloed by the judge into pleading guilty, so you have no recourse, and that's what you're pissed off about.

At any rate, if you want to sue, read this page at the Central Virginia Legal Aid Society as to what you have to do to sue in General District Court: http://www.valegalaid.org/resource/taking-a-civil-case-to-general-district-court-2

Posted by: Legal AIDS ()
Date: December 19, 2014 05:39PM

Go for the gold buddy. Sue the piss out of them. Since you obviously can't afford a lawyer you will have to represent yourself. It's easy, when you go back to court tell the Judge that the county has put you through more pain and mental anguish than if you had spilled a piping hot cup of, McDonalds drive through, coffee down your balls. Ask for a lifetime settlement of 10K a week for life. Also, tell the Judge that he's very lucky that you don't tell him about himself and what an asshole he truly is...

Posted by: ffxu retards ()
Date: December 19, 2014 05:42PM

PM sevennestle, I think he's in the process of suing them too.

Posted by: Lemming2 ()
Date: December 19, 2014 08:01PM

Legal AIDS Wrote:
> Go for the gold buddy. Sue the piss out of them.
> Since you obviously can't afford a lawyer you will
> have to represent yourself. It's easy, when you go
> back to court tell the Judge that the county has
> put you through more pain and mental anguish than
> if you had spilled a piping hot cup of, McDonalds
> drive through, coffee down your balls. Ask for a
> lifetime settlement of 10K a week for life. Also,
> tell the Judge that he's very lucky that you don't
> tell him about himself and what an asshole he
> truly is...

Was thinkin more like floppin my dick out and sing Twisted Sister

Posted by: Sue - You are kidding right? ()
Date: December 19, 2014 10:19PM

Terrible advice in this thread so far...

You cannot sue a judge or Fairfax County for rendering a legal court decision that the judge is clearly allowed to do. And you clearly accepted the decision at the time.

The ONLY thing you can do is appeal the decision to a higher court. I wouldn't even think about doing this unless:

(1) I spoke to a qualified traffic court lawyer and he/she thought there were extenuating circumstances in your case, and
(2) I accepted the fact this was going to cost way too much money and have little chance of success.

Better approach - look in the mirror; find someone in the mirror to own your traffic infraction, chalk it up to life's experience; pledge to NEVER do it again; get on with your life.

Posted by: Lemming3 ()
Date: December 26, 2014 11:23AM

Sue - You are kidding right? Wrote:
> Terrible advice in this thread so far...
>
> You cannot sue a judge or Fairfax County for
> rendering a legal court decision that the judge is
> clearly allowed to do. And you clearly accepted
> the decision at the time.
>
> The ONLY thing you can do is appeal the decision
> to a higher court. I wouldn't even think about
> doing this unless:
>
> (1) I spoke to a qualified traffic court lawyer
> and he/she thought there were extenuating
> circumstances in your case, and
> (2) I accepted the fact this was going to cost
> way too much money and have little chance of
> success.
>
> Better approach - look in the mirror; find someone
> in the mirror to own your traffic infraction,
> chalk it up to life's experience; pledge to NEVER
> do it again; get on with your life.

I dont have a prob admitting my own faults. This is not about that, its about a system that is supposed to be just. Using leverage against an unproven guilty party so the courts can get your money and dont have to do any further work is BS. They set a date, I was prepared but the prosecution was not. How is it that if im not prepared, I get maximum penalties. But if they arent I have to lose more money and time till they are? I could get into the immoralities of your financial standing weighing on your punishment and/or guilt....but I wont. Its saddening to me that a lot of my fellow Americans are so complicit. They are drowning us with immigrants to reinforce this, its why they treat them better.

Of course I cant afford to fight this, Im just gonna move and hope to find people that are not cowards, guessing this liberal area was a mistake.

Posted by: Let me explain.. ()
Date: December 26, 2014 12:19PM

I am assuming this was your first court date. Either side has the legal right to at least one continence. This is either side. You could have stood up when your case was called and asked the judge for a continence for just about any dumb reason and the judge would have granted it. The prosecution has this same right. So lets say the police officer calls the court because they are sick, then the prosecutor has the right to request a continence. The judge has to grant it if this is the first court date.

Now if this is traffic court, you would not see the prosecutor stand up and ask this for each case the officer has. The judge is told the officer is sick and the judge then goes though the cases for that officer. Anything that does not have possible jail time and is just a minor case is put in one pile. The more complex cases go into another.

The judge then calls the first pile of minor tickets. If nobody is there he continues the case to the sick officers next court date. If the defendant is there, that would be you dumb ass, the judge asks what you would like to do. The judge will give you a couple of options for you to choose from. First you can plead guilty and get the basic fine. Second, you can come back on the officers next court date because the judge will be granting the continuance the prosecutor is entitled to. Option one does not require you to come back. Option two, does require you to come back. ITS YOUR CHOICE DUMB ASS. If you choose option two then you are the one saving you want your day in court and that you want to come back.

Nobody forced you to do anything. Maybe you should take a couple of basic law classes you stupid fucking waste of a human being. Now start packing your bags because your presence in Virginia is not needed.

Oh.

Merry Christmas....

Posted by: Jacky ()
Date: December 27, 2014 12:54AM

Let me explain.. Wrote:
> I am assuming this was your first court date.
> Either side has the legal right to at least one
> continence. This is either side. You could have
> stood up when your case was called and asked the
> judge for a continence for just about any dumb
> reason and the judge would have granted it. The
> prosecution has this same right. So lets say the
> police officer calls the court because they are
> sick, then the prosecutor has the right to request
> a continence. The judge has to grant it if this is
> the first court date.
>
> Now if this is traffic court, you would not see
> the prosecutor stand up and ask this for each case
> the officer has. The judge is told the officer is
> sick and the judge then goes though the cases for
> that officer. Anything that does not have possible
> jail time and is just a minor case is put in one
> pile. The more complex cases go into another.
>
> The judge then calls the first pile of minor
> tickets. If nobody is there he continues the case
> to the sick officers next court date. If the
> defendant is there, that would be you dumb ass,
> the judge asks what you would like to do. The
> judge will give you a couple of options for you to
> choose from. First you can plead guilty and get
> the basic fine. Second, you can come back on the
> officers next court date because the judge will be
> granting the continuance the prosecutor is
> entitled to. Option one does not require you to
> come back. Option two, does require you to come
> back. ITS YOUR CHOICE DUMB ASS. If you choose
> option two then you are the one saving you want
> your day in court and that you want to come back.
>
>
> Nobody forced you to do anything. Maybe you should
> take a couple of basic law classes you stupid
> fucking waste of a human being. Now start packing
> your bags because your presence in Virginia is not
> needed.
>
> Oh.
>
> Merry Christmas....

Dumbass? Lol. Youre right, why would I ask idiots anything. People like you who need to jack off their delusional pride to feel above someone on the internet. You and me both know that youre a pussy.

Yup M.C.

Posted by: DFHTy ()
Date: December 28, 2014 08:50AM

I'm a regular (Attorney) over in the Fairfax County courthouse. Often some simpleton will walk up to a group of us (standing around in our monkey suits), and first ask the obligatory dumbass question, "Are any of you lawyers." We stop chatting for a second, then the dumbass will say something like, "I want to sue the County," at which time, every one of us points to another attorney and says, "Hire him." Dumbass starts asking for business cards, nobody will fork one over, and then come the hints of "Go away."

I remember one friend of mine telling this Indian guy (by his accent) that he was full of shit after telling his obviously lie that he didn't understand what HOV-3 was. The guy walked away with his tail between his legs.

Look, there are real lawsuits against the County. I think all of us County taxpayers are going to be paying the John Geer family a lot of our hard-earned money due to the assholes in the Fairfax County Police Department: the Geer's have a legitimate lawsuit.

Most of the other Complainants, however, are just numbskulls and knuckleheads and can't admit that they themselves are the problem, not the County.

Posted by: Legal Warning ()
Date: December 28, 2014 11:11AM

Let Me Explain did an excellent job of describing how the system worked and why Lemming does not have much of a case. The only thing needed to complete it would have been a discussion of the various immunities and procedural requirements that Lemming would need to overcome in order to even get to trial.

I will not tell you Lemming that there is no injustice in making a special trip to the courthouse, missing work and having to pay for parking, only to find out that the trooper who was paid to be there did not show up. These are the kind of petty injustices that happen all the time though. If you feel that strongly about it, gather up a huge pile of money and make an appointment with one of this county's better litigation attorneys. Otherwise let it go.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: December 28, 2014 06:59PM

Legal Warning Wrote:
> Let Me Explain did an excellent job of describing
> how the system worked and why Lemming does not
> have much of a case.

Except for this:
>>Either side has the legal right to at least one continence.

"continuance". If you fail to have continence in court, you'll probably be charged with contempt :)

(Yeah, a minor typo, but it made me laugh!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 07:00PM by Greybeard.

Posted by: mcp4T ()
Date: December 30, 2014 12:06AM

get a lawyer they fear greatly

Posted by: U6W4y ()
Date: December 30, 2014 12:08AM

they'll stop stealing only after they've been reduced to steam and carbon is my guess
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: FtbYT ()
Date: December 30, 2014 12:08AM

Attachments:
img.jpeg

Posted by: 6Ltyc ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:02PM

fairfax has had an illegal habbit of indicting using gov workers / county workers they know

insure you get a jury that hates rich gov workers and settle for nothing less

Posted by: CckhK ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:06PM

unless your a pro and have a reason you can sue the workers but not "the desk" the office Bureau

you cannot sue unless your injured (ie, like me)

also there is whether they acted upon you and your defending (in which case you suggested they not do so and why, but they took actions and then persued you also in court), or if you are contriving a circumstance to take action

Posted by: hPwcd ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:08PM

only a thousand thinks to worry about ...

major law before minor law,

Derivativa potestas non potest esse major primitiva - The power which is derived cannot be greater than that from which it is derived

Debitum in praesenti, solvendum in futuro - A present debt is to be discharged in the future.

Posted by: hGWu7 ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:09PM

a lifetime of corruption is not a limited action (it does not stop time, court time)

Posted by: 7J3En ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:10PM

Catalla reputantur inter minima in lege - Chattels are considered in law among the minor things.

Posted by: 7Fjdd ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:11PM

Causa proxima, non remota spectatur - The immediate, and not the remote cause is to be considered ...

MONEY

Re: continence
Posted by: Auditor ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:50PM

Greybeard Wrote:
>
> Except for this:
> >>Either side has the legal right to at least one
> continence.
>
> "continuance". If you fail to have continence in
> court, you'll probably be charged with contempt
> :)
>
> (Yeah, a minor typo, but it made me laugh!)
----------
Years ago while working at a hotel, I had a brain-dead, chubby, Latina manager post a notice by the elevator:
"THE PLUMBING WILL BE OFF
BETWEEN 9-11am THIS MORNING.

SORRY FOR ANY INCONTINENCE,

-MGMT"

Posted by: lemming11 ()
Date: January 04, 2015 08:31PM

DFHTy Wrote:
> I'm a regular (Attorney) over in the Fairfax
> County courthouse. Often some simpleton will walk
> up to a group of us (standing around in our monkey
> suits), and first ask the obligatory dumbass
> question, "Are any of you lawyers." We stop
> chatting for a second, then the dumbass will say
> something like, "I want to sue the County," at
> which time, every one of us points to another
> attorney and says, "Hire him." Dumbass starts
> asking for business cards, nobody will fork one
> over, and then come the hints of "Go away."
>
> I remember one friend of mine telling this Indian
> guy (by his accent) that he was full of shit after
> telling his obviously lie that he didn't
> understand what HOV-3 was. The guy walked away
> with his tail between his legs.
>
> Look, there are real lawsuits against the County.
> I think all of us County taxpayers are going to be
> paying the John Geer family a lot of our
> hard-earned money due to the assholes in the
> Fairfax County Police Department: the Geer's have
> a legitimate lawsuit.
>
> Most of the other Complainants, however, are just
> numbskulls and knuckleheads and can't admit that
> they themselves are the problem, not the County.

Yea ive seen you "parasites" there. Ive fought and won a few times without giving you scumbags a dime. Also got about 50 letters from you sperm drinkers gloating about how you use to be county prosecutors, insinuating you have an edge. Yes ive seen you parasites in court, most of you are ugly hobbit like things.

Happy new year.

Posted by: Lemming54 ()
Date: January 08, 2015 02:06PM

An example how a city profits off making generally law abiding citizens into criminals.

http://news.yahoo.com/slump-york-arrests-fines-hits-traffic-lawyers-bail-063415446.html

Posted by: boo hoo ()
Date: January 08, 2015 02:18PM

Lemming54 Wrote:
> An example how a city profits off making generally
> law abiding citizens into criminals.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/slump-york-arrests-fines-hit
> s-traffic-lawyers-bail-063415446.html

Best news yet - the leaches that live of the criminal system might have to get real work if we stop citing people for minor crimes or arresting for non-violent crimes. boo hoo

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.