HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Want to drive in 95 Express Lane? Buy EzPass today!
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: November 27, 2014 08:18PM

Starting in December you need an ezpass flex to ride in the express lanes between Garrisonville and Mixing Bowl. 3 or more riders=no charge. Will cost up to $20 for driver with one passenger or less.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want to drive in 95 Express Lane? Buy EzPass today!
Posted by: Heh Heh Heh, Rip Off All The Way ()
Date: November 27, 2014 10:45PM

It Will Be A Huge Bust. Ill be happy to just see the construction off the road.
Fuck the EZ Pass lanes. And from what I hear the HOV no limit all traffic free lanes south bound from 12-330pm from Edsal to Rt 234 will be no more. How can they give those lanes away that taxpayers paid for many many years to the new toll road operator?? I can see them collecting tolls on the new part Rt 234 to Garrisonville but not above 234.. Lawsuits will fly.. Courts will be clogged. It will be a giant mess by next year this time..

Posted by: JJay ()
Date: November 28, 2014 12:36AM

This is what happens when Repugs won't raise the gas tax. Hope you assholes are happy.

Posted by: Danny Driver ()
Date: November 28, 2014 12:39AM

Fuck I-95.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: November 28, 2014 01:07AM

You mean I could have gotten on the HOV tonight? I thought it was already in effect. smh....

Date: November 29, 2014 10:40AM

Time is running out. Get discounted prices available while qualities are limited in avialBle shape, size, and form.

Posted by: jj = butthurt. We see it. ()
Date: November 29, 2014 11:44AM

Why so faggot bro? U mad?

Posted by: A-DCProf ()
Date: November 29, 2014 11:50AM

JJay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is what happens when Repugs won't raise the
> gas tax. Hope you assholes are happy.

I work out of my house, and when I do use the roads charge my company 56 cents a mile AND the toll charge. I'm very happy.

Get a real job.

Date: November 29, 2014 11:54AM

A-DCProf Wrote:
> JJay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is what happens when Repugs won't raise
> the
> > gas tax. Hope you assholes are happy.
>
>
> I work out of my house, and when I do use the
> roads charge my company 56 cents a mile AND the
> toll charge. I'm very happy.
>
> Get a real job.

I have a real job. My job is to post on this forum.

Posted by: not worth it ()
Date: November 29, 2014 12:03PM

I rarely use 95. I don't see where it is worth it to get an EZPass to use it only a few times a year.

Posted by: 95 driver ()
Date: November 30, 2014 03:46PM

This wasn't a REPUB job as some have thought. This pay to use the express lanes started under the great Tim Kaine (also being looked at as Vice Prez for Hillary too) 495 Express Lanes. The plan was set then to continue to do the same on 95/395. For those that use the 95 corridor plan on longer commutes. the 95 express lanes will be dead after 9am. Today WTOP had a special about using the lanes the cost during the week to ride from Garrisonville to Edsal Rd will run from 14 to 24.00 dollars. 2 weeks ago I can tell you at 845am it cost 12:55 to ride the 495 express lanes from Springfield to go past Dulles Toll Road. Start complaining to your elected officials. they gave their stamp of approval for this mess.

Posted by: 14 to 24 dollars!! ()
Date: November 30, 2014 08:55PM

No one will pay that but Limos! and HOV drivers .Piss off times a coming. Especially since it was free paid for by tax payer dollars to ride up or down from 234 free at different times of the day 12-330 down to 234. These bastards are taking a road already paid for and getting tolls off it. Shit is going to hit the fan soon!
"F" Tim Kaine..! And the joke about the HOV lanes is that they end. They they back everyone up including the HOV lanes. A lousy idea from day 1. What the hell can be expected of Democrats but Bullshit in Each and Every way!

Date: November 30, 2014 09:04PM

14 to 24 dollars!! Wrote:
> No one will pay that but Limos! and HOV drivers
> .Piss off times a coming. Especially since it was
> free paid for by tax payer dollars to ride up or
> down from 234 free at different times of the day
> 12-330 down to 234. These bastards are taking a
> road already paid for and getting tolls off it.
> Shit is going to hit the fan soon!
> "F" Tim Kaine..! And the joke about the HOV lanes
> is that they end. They they back everyone up
> including the HOV lanes. A lousy idea from day 1.
> What the hell can be expected of Democrats but
> Bullshit in Each and Every way!

Many people are making reservations for it service now so ez pass will be very much successfulness.

Date: November 30, 2014 09:04PM

Oh and also: file.php?40,file=166324,filename=5.gif

Posted by: Blamerepugs ()
Date: November 30, 2014 09:06PM

Republicans are to blame, moron. They're the ones who refused to raise the gas tax. Gee, I thought you Repugs got OFF on corporations making money. Why aren't you celebrating? You dumbasses got exactly what you wanted. This is what privatization looks like. Happy now?

Posted by: Reagangod ()
Date: November 30, 2014 09:38PM

Typical libtard - higher taxes are the answer to everything while they give away the store. I suppose you want to go back to the jimmy Carter days when airfares were regulated. Deregulation generally is the answer as govt inevitably screws up market forces. Ever wonder why VA attracts jobs and businesses? Low taxes. Move to Md with your liberal fool pals, you can pay all the taxes you want.

Posted by: reagandevil ()
Date: November 30, 2014 09:43PM

Reagangod Wrote:
> Typical libtard - higher taxes are the answer to
> everything while they give away the store. I
> suppose you want to go back to the jimmy Carter
> days when airfares were regulated. Deregulation
> generally is the answer as govt inevitably screws
> up market forces. Ever wonder why VA attracts jobs
> and businesses? Low taxes. Move to Md with your
> liberal fool pals, you can pay all the taxes you
> want.

Reagan god? You worship a man who was senile during his presidency? Dumb brainwashed fuck

Posted by: Reagangod ()
Date: November 30, 2014 09:52PM

Reagan was the best thing that ever happened to your sorry ass. Saved this country...inherited a mess from Carter, turned the economy around in no time. Saved us from the Russians by breaking their back with star wars and getting the saudis to flood the market with cheap oil and ruin the only commodity the USSR had.

Won 49 states in 1984! You talk about uniting a country! Youll never see any Democrat win 49 states. Look it up libtard, he won forty nine states and this country eas kicking ass and united the way it should be.

You probaby were the only idiot thst voted for Mondale that year. Read about the Reagan revolution in history books and learn about low unemployment and a booming economy. Deregulation works most of the time. Schools out libtard!

Posted by: "Here He Goes Again" ()
Date: November 30, 2014 09:59PM

>Reagan god? You worship a man who was senile during his presidency? Dumb brainwashed fuck

Brain Dead Left Wing nut you are indeed.

Ronald Reagan compromised with Congress. Not at all like Obama the worst US President who thinks he's King and its his railroad.

Reagan: One of the Best US Presidents !
Obama: Everone will just forget he was here. What a letdown! Change & Hope???

Now vent spittle, rant rave, let your face turn red as a Turkeys snout you Ass

You cant change what it is with Bullshit.

Posted by: There he goes again ()
Date: November 30, 2014 10:04PM

Indeed, guy ought to read history and study economics. Higher taxes always get squandered by liberals who dont even want rosds in the first place...anti car because they think global warming will ensue. Reason why we have no keystone pipeline and even cheaper gas? Ask yourself why you voted democrat.

Posted by: RepugsRFools ()
Date: December 02, 2014 05:03AM

So which is it, republicon dumbasses? You want to pay higher gas taxes or enrich a foreign corporation that charges tolls to use a road that previously had no tolls? Your answer will prove what utter laughable fools you are. It's so fitting that you idolize a president who had Alzheimer's while in office. One brain dead repug moron idolized by brain dead repug morons.

Posted by: 1995hoo ()
Date: December 02, 2014 09:12AM

Nobody cares about any of your stupid little partisan sniping. The real idiots are the ones who vote strictly along party lines, regardless of which party you support.

The real fun is going to be when people drive in the HO/T lanes without E-ZPass and subsequently receive a bill in the mail. Remember the $12.50 fee added to a mailed bill is PER-TRIP. It's not like the "toll-by-plate" roads in Miami where you're charged a $2.50 "service charge" PER MONTH when the bill comes. The $12.50 is added to every toll transaction. No wonder some of the idiots on the Beltway got socked with several thousand dollars of fees!

Posted by: Free lanes ()
Date: December 02, 2014 09:26AM

I used the express lanes the weekend they were free. Found them worthless. The only reason I could see using the lanes is if the beltway was at a dead stop and I had an important meeting to get too.

Posted by: EducatngU ()
Date: December 03, 2014 06:31PM

Neither pay higher taxes or tolls on our roads that the IDIOT Democrat Kaine gave away. Again, global warming freaks and Democrats stealing from us road to give away the store the people owned. Why? They want to take even more from us AND try and force people to carpool.

Get Obama to approve the keystone pipeline and when gas hits $2.00 a gallon then ppl will pay a few cents more in tax and not even feel it Oh wait, Democrats are opposed to that too. They like high gas prices because it keeps cars off the road and enriches Middle East barons and Russian czars like Putin.

Im gonna start charging you for these economic and history lessons jackwad.

Posted by: yHYdn ()
Date: December 03, 2014 07:36PM

Fox News Wrote:
> Starting in December you need an ezpass flex to
> ride in the express lanes between Garrisonville
> and Mixing Bowl. 3 or more riders=no charge. Will
> cost up to $20 for driver with one passenger or
> less.

You can use a standard EZPass for these lanes. You only need the flex one if you plan on freeloading with 3 or more people.

Posted by: FUCK I-95 ()
Date: December 03, 2014 07:53PM

They intentionally merged I-95 to 3 lanes after the Occoquan exit to slow traffic down on the main I-95 in order to entice people to buy that fucking EZ pass. That's typical of the mentality of this shithole.

Posted by: The Slugster ()
Date: December 03, 2014 08:04PM

What is the difference between a EZ pass and A Flex EZ Pass for "Carpools? Or HOV slugsters

They are making this shit so complicated no one will want to try their luck.

Why cant they sell the EZ pass time like they do Phone card time at 7-11's
For Cash? Why the credit card ?? "ASShole" Express Operators they are

Are not they supposed to give you a switch thing with HOV or Toll on it and a transponder that falls off your car so their readers dont pick up on so they can send you horror fines. Hell neither P. W or Stafford can afford to set up courtrooms just to hear EZ Pass court cases like Fairfax Does!

Now where can I pick up Slugs?? But I still need some kind of Pass Now?

Listen like many folk I am too stupid to figure all this shit out by myself!

Just dont tell me that!!! like The Obama Care Dude did!!

Posted by: Itsallconnected ()
Date: December 03, 2014 08:09PM

I know this is not a political forum, but what we pay and who controls our roads are determined by politicians. Above posters are right that you should blame Democrats...

Tim Kaine: Labor Man
MARCH 27, 2012 BY AMERICAN CROSSROADS
Even though Virginia is a right-to-work state, Chairman Tim Kaine has a cozy relationship with unions. Organized labor has given Kaine nearly $1.7 million in campaign contributions.

While organized labor has supported Kaine financially, his decisions as governor have given them a leg up too. After over 20 years of control, Kaine gave the Dulles Toll Road to the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority (MWAA), which put them in charge of the Dulles Rail Project. The MWAA, controlled by representatives from union-friendly D.C. and Maryland, requires union workers for their construction projects, projects that Virginians will largely pay for. This puts Virginia contractors at a disadvantage because only 4 puercent of Virginia’s construction workers are unionized.

One Virginia leader was concerned the union rules would inflate the costs of the billion-dollar Dulles project by up to 18 percent.

Thanks to Tim Kaine, Virginians have less control over what goes on in their backyards, and unions get overpriced contracts that Virginians get to pay for.

- See more at: http://www.americancrossroads.org/2012/03/tim-kaine-labor-man/#sthash.EZ7Z6xXf.dpuf

Posted by: Urghmusic ()
Date: December 03, 2014 08:17PM

Tim Kaine gave away our paid-for Dulles Toll Road for the grand total of NOTHING. He has cost Virginia hundreds of jobs and countless millions...

Wanna get even..VOTE next time to stop politicians who give away roads and try and get you to buy EZ Pass.

Posted by: Roads ()
Date: December 03, 2014 08:20PM

Urghmusic Wrote:
> Tim Kaine gave away our paid-for Dulles Toll Road
> for the grand total of NOTHING. He has cost
> Virginia hundreds of jobs and countless
> millions...
>
> Wanna get even..VOTE next time to stop politicians
> who give away roads and try and get you to buy EZ
> Pass.

Wait what? This is so clueless, I just can't.

Posted by: CircleofLifer ()
Date: December 03, 2014 08:31PM

Partly correct...though poster obviously has strong partisian sentiment.

In the 2006 General Assembly Special Session on Transportation, a bill prohibiting the sale or giving away of the Dulles Toll Road passed the House of Delegates.

However, Governor Kaine succeeded in blocking this measure in the Senate Transportation Committee.

Virginia had previously been offered almost $6 Billion dollars for the toll road. Instead, Governor Kaine entered into a contract with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and as a down payment for extending Metro Rail to Dulles Airport, the Commonwealth of Virginia turned over the Dulles Toll Road to the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.