HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Marion Barry and Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted by: GotMeThinkin ()
Date: November 27, 2014 01:28PM

Due to my age, I only knew Marion Barry as the corrupt whoring crack-smoking piece of shit he was in his later political years. The TV coverage reflecting on his life tells a different story about his early career and work for civil rights.

Living in the other half of the country filtered the news to the point that Marion Barry was regarded as a clown whose re-election reflected poorly on his constituents. After I moved here, my view was reinforced. I saw him hold an 11pm press conference (yea, wtf?) where his hell-hath-no-fury mistress drove up and yelled "he's lying" out her window - he gave her some cushy job or fired her or something. Then his son got in trouble with the law. It wouldn't surprise me if his son becomes mayor some day. My weak understanding of DC politics can't rule that out.

That got me thinking. Two questions keep coming up.

If Martin Luther King had not been assassinated, would he have degenerated into a horrible corrupt mess like Marion Barry? They both started strong.

What if Marion Barry would have gotten out of politics (by any means - not just the obvious) at the peak of his honesty?

I'm saddened to see all of this great early history of Marion Barry because the bitch set him up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marion Barry and Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted by: Martin Boofer King ()
Date: November 27, 2014 02:07PM

It would take no more than 2 minutes on Google to find out the depths of MLK's depravity. Yes, he was a cheater, wife beater, and watermelon eater.

Posted by: Port of Africa Guys..PG voters ()
Date: November 27, 2014 03:01PM

Did Marion Barry's son run for Sheriff?

Posted by: CH3NO2 ()
Date: November 27, 2014 07:04PM

I don't think Barry's son can run for dog catcher. He has several felony convictions but in corrupt DC who knows

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: November 29, 2014 10:41AM

The city's local government, particularly during the mayoralty of Marion Barry, was criticized for mismanagement and waste.Barry defeated Mayor Washington in the 1978 Democratic Party primary. Barry was then elected mayor, serving three successive four-year terms. During his administration in 1989, The Washington Monthly magazine claimed that the District had "the worst city government in America". After being imprisoned for six months on misdemeanor drug charges in 1990, Barry did not run for reelection.

Posted by: real story dude ()
Date: November 29, 2014 10:44AM

Yes it is no wonder the FBI MLK files got sealed for another 25 years and the government does not want the public to see about the truth of MLK. Rumors of drug use, hookers, wife beating and crimes are talk associated with his file.

Look it up if you do not believe me.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: November 29, 2014 10:53AM

real story dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes it is no wonder the FBI MLK files got sealed
> for another 25 years and the government does not
> want the public to see about the truth of MLK.
> Rumors of drug use, hookers, wife beating and
> crimes are talk associated with his file.
>
> Look it up if you do not believe me.

Yep, that's true. Some of the retired FBI investigators said that Malcolm X looked like a saint compared to Martin Luther King Jr. Malcolm X was supposedly very dedicated to his wife and family.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/01/11/the-dark-side-of-martin-luther-king-jr/

Adultery and treatment of women – Rumors of King’s use of church funds to feed his penchant for White prostitutes were circulating in very high circles long before they were made public. US President Lyndon Johnson once called King was a “hypocritical preacher.” Attorney General Robert Kennedy, who signed off on the wiretaps and hotel/motel room electronic surveillance of King, then played audio taped evidence of King’s extramarital affairs at cocktail parties, much to the delight of brothers Jack and Ted, who convulsed in fits of laughter upon hearing them.

Dr. Ralph Abernathy, a close associate of King, stated in his 1989 autobiography And the Walls Came Tumbling Down that King had a “weakness for women.” In a later interview, Abernathy said he only wrote the term “womanizing” and did not specifically say King had extramarital sex. King’s biographer David Garrow detailed what he called King’s “compulsive sexual athleticism,” writing about a number of extramarital affairs, including one with a woman King saw almost daily. According to Garrow, “that relationship, rather than his marriage, increasingly became the emotional centerpiece of King’s life, but it did not eliminate the other incidental couplings that were a commonplace of King’s travels.” King explained his extramarital affairs as “a form of anxiety reduction”. Garrow noted that King’s promiscuity was the cause of “painful and overwhelming guilt feelings.”

On January 31, 1977, United States district Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr., ordered all known copies of the recorded audiotapes and written transcripts resulting from the FBI’s electronic surveillance of King between 1963 and 1968 to be held in the National Archives and sealed from public access until 2027.

Posted by: A-DCProf ()
Date: November 29, 2014 11:40AM

First MLK Jr. and now Bill Cosby. Who in the F do black people have to look up to now?

When the FBI files on MLK are released, they will be painted as lies set up by the white man, and rioting will resume in the streets.

That judge made the right decision...lock down those files forever. Do we really need to hear the actual words to know? Who here thinks Bill Cosby is 100% innocent?

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: November 29, 2014 12:12PM

What would any of it matter? If you would wait for the saintly and unblemished to point the way, you will not be making any progress at all. Ever.

Posted by: Lifelong Dem ()
Date: November 29, 2014 12:43PM

You just need to lower your expectations for blacks. It's not as if they're human!

Posted by: DNC Chair ()
Date: November 29, 2014 12:49PM

There are limits to what you can train blacks to do, just like any other domesticated animal. Fortunately, they are very loyal voters. Just throw them a bone now and then, and you can teach them absolute obedience.

Posted by: Home of the Losers ()
Date: November 29, 2014 01:37PM

I'm guessing either Westfield or South County.

Posted by: dids yous knowz ()
Date: November 29, 2014 06:30PM

Mlk started off with an armed posse. Then some queer in the civil rights movement, who's name I forgot, talked to him about non violence. History goes from there.

Posted by: aunt jemima ()
Date: November 29, 2014 06:38PM

DNC Chair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are limits to what you can train blacks to
> do, just like any other domesticated animal.
> Fortunately, they are very loyal voters. Just
> throw them a bone now and then, and you can teach
> them absolute obedience.

That's bull. Ain't no obedience. You just throw a black on the ballot. They're absolutely hypocritical when they speak on racism. You can put aunt Jemima on the ballot and they'd vote for her. And I don't have think a bottle of syrup would have done worse than the crack head.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.