HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Midgetville
Posted by: Gaylord Jerry ()
Date: March 31, 2009 06:26PM

So is Midgetville really gone in Vienna just off Cedar Lane? I never got to see the little village...sounds like a cool, hidden place. Surreal and maybe even magical. I haven't lived here long but wondering if any of the natives here have stories about Midgetville.

Sorry if Midgetville is not PC but that's its legendary name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Midgetville
Posted by: DG ()
Date: March 31, 2009 06:34PM

It's gone.

The buildings were not that magical, just some run down shacks/houses that were a little undersized. Kinda strange and only marginally interesting.

Google to find some pics.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 31, 2009 07:28PM

Those were creepy, nasty little places and they looked worse because of the level of disrepair they were in. It's a cool little neighborhood, there are so many trees and so much shade, I don't think they got much sunshine at all back there and that sure added to the overall weird factor of the little house. They were a real rarity in this age of expensive land and odder that they had stucco finishes.Haven't been there in several years at least, I'm sorry if they did get torn down, but I didn't enough money to buy the land and turn it into a park so how can I complain?

I always doubted the Midgetville story. The houses were just small. but not as small as the real Midget House that was in North Arlington off Lee Highway until maybe 1980. The ceilings were at most about 6 feet tall and story was a couple of circus midgets (from Baileys Circus, Baileys Xroads) built it. It was abnadoned and got taken over by the local petty hooligans of the day as a hangout and smoking den, I remember being in there and seeing some guys had to duck the ceilings were so low. I think it was hit with an arson and then later bulldozed, a couple of houses sit in its place today.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 31, 2009 10:47PM

I saw a midget in the Franklin Farms Baskin Robbins the other day. I set my ice cream cone down on his head while I signed my CC receipt.

Posted by: Carl Carl ()
Date: April 01, 2009 12:40AM

Here we go again. Bastard mofo's making fun of little people. I bet you have no idea how difficult it is out there. Real hilarious, retard.

And one last thing. Take your Randy Newman records and stuff them up your ass.

Posted by: VAViking ()
Date: April 01, 2009 04:02AM

From Wikipedia....

"The 8-acre (32,000 m2) Wedderburn Property lay on the border of the Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park in Vienna, Virginia. Due to the small sizes of the homes that were once there, local youth renamed the place "Midgetville" and tell stories of hostile little people who inhabited the buildings and threw rocks and shot guns at outsiders. Although the county has never confirmed the existence of midgets residing there, numerous people have claimed incidents of sabotage and destruction to their vehicles upon entering the property.[1]

In 1882 the site was a small summertime resort that people went to when they wanted to escape the stressful lifestyle of Washington, D.C. In 1892 the area was purchased by Alexander Wedderburn. In 1901 the hotel burned to the ground, but a normal-sized two-story building was built around the same time at the corner of the property. In 1930, one of his sons, George, built six small Spanish-style cottages. A courtyard in the middle of the property was sometimes used as a fairground or a farmers market. The Wedderburns briefly established the Wedderburn Music School on site. The cottages were rented to people, but the place became overgrown with ivy and trees.[2] In 2002 the family signed a deal with contractors to tear the place down and develop the property.[3] Though the proposal created some controversy, the Fairfax County, Virginia Board of Supervisors voted to approve the project.[4]

The cottages were all destroyed, and the trees removed, in early 2008 to make way for "Wedderburn Estates.""

They tore it all down. Of course, the last time I was out there (1981), the place was already falling down and a rat trap. Still, it was a great place to go at night, down some brew, tell ghost stories to some busty cheerleader and hopefully......Ah, the memories of high school.

Posted by: Fuck All of You Mother fuckers ()
Date: April 01, 2009 02:19PM

THe word is little person, you assholes. I hope you all rot in hell.

Posted by: KJ ()
Date: April 01, 2009 09:34PM

I grew up only a few block away from "midgetville" but we never called it that. I have several stories of unusual encounters since I delivered papers there and had to collect the monthly fee. This was back around 1970 and it was in disrepair but there were several other areas with clusters of houses that looked just as bad.

Overall, myths and probably the name, became much more storied after the railroad line was paved and became the W&OD Trail. Before that it was a great playground and the area around "midgetville" was the best for doing things that you wanted to keep private. The only people we ever saw from that cluster of homes were pretty old though I probably considered 40 to be old then!

Our biggest concern was the dogs - they ran in packs and could scare the crap out of you. I was bitten twice and it took me a long time to overcome a dislike for dogs.

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: April 01, 2009 09:39PM

We checked it out on the way to Tysons last year, guess they recently tore it down. If you wanted to know what it looked like...

http://www.keepmidgetville.com

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: April 02, 2009 10:55PM

]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2012 03:02PM by Alias.

Posted by: Blane Shellby ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:32AM

This is all bullshit. Yes, there were little houses there but not for midgets per se. Urban legend. Case closed.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:30PM

Thank goodness there was finally a thread on this though.

Posted by: Racoon Jelly ()
Date: April 12, 2009 07:23AM

Anyone here ever seen a midget living in midgetville? For real? I has my suspicions.

Posted by: I seen em ()
Date: April 22, 2009 04:59PM

Yes, there were little people who lived there. We turned in by mistake and one came out with a 16 gauge shotgun

Posted by: Reda ()
Date: April 22, 2009 05:08PM

Fuck All of You Mother fuckers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> THe word is little person, you assholes. I hope
> you all rot in hell.

Stop with you and your stupid euphemisms...

Posted by: Frodo ()
Date: April 23, 2009 01:11PM

Ever seen the movie lord of the rings. It's like the Shire where Frodo came from.

Posted by: Jake Anderson ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:13AM

Well, well, well,...racism is alive and well in Fairfax County. My mother was a little person (and i am too) and I think I recall her having a friend who lived in that community years ago. It was suppose to be a quiet respit from the intrusive gawking of the ignorant of society. This was not a public freakshow. These were private residences with people who just wanted to live without hassle. You would be pissed and throw rocks at folks who constantly invaded your yard with drunkin taunts and window peeping. It was not a magical place. It was not cute. It was not a night time theme park for drunken teenagers. The houses were built small for reasons of utility only.

People needed to get a life then and they still do now. Let the Wedderburn Community die in peace, you son of a bitches.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:19AM

Fuck the bullshit...my peeps and I rolled up in there and the midgets and their regular sized adult children came out after us. We beat their asses to a pulp. On later occasions they rolled out with shotguns and shit!

edit by Cary: Account password compromised, disabled by administrator.

Posted by: Randy Neumann ()
Date: May 08, 2009 07:45AM

Jake Anderson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, well, well,...racism is alive and well in
> Fairfax County.
Racism is mocking a race of people. Maybe we're prejudice against midgets, but it's impossible to be racist to a nonexistent race.

Posted by: The Blue Firefighter ()
Date: May 09, 2009 01:30PM

THIS HORSE HAS BEEN DEAD FOR A LONG TIME NOW. LET THIS TOPIC DIE IN PEACE.
MIDGETVILLE IS NOW MANSIONVILLE. MOVE ALONG.

Posted by: beauty_within ()
Date: July 11, 2009 03:30PM

Amen!

Date: July 12, 2009 12:53AM

You eat a tail wagon load of shit, pardner!!! I AM SO PISSED OFF I CAN ONLY SEE RED!!! I believe in Midgetville and all this beloved and cherrished neighborhood had to promise us!!!! AND by the way, we AMERCIANS can talk all we can about it. And why? Because Midgetville is the ONLY VIENNA LEGEND ON THE BOOKS WORTH A SINGLE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many are afraid to respond here because of all the hassling and accusations of racism, midgetism, or whatever you want to call it. it's the damndest of all shames because it is an incredibly colorful story and a rich heritage we Viennians can surely be proud of.

On one of these message threads, another fellow told all about his mom's experience with a guy straight out of Midgetville who worked at Safeway!!! And it was MINDBLOWING! Not a peep any more. Not after these dummy Demmie PC BASTARDS started giving him SHIT RIGHT IN HIS FACE. Who knows what other recollects his mom or mom's friends might have had Who knows what others have been afraid to share.

An apology is not only warrentied, you PC MAGGOTS, but required. ShIT I AM STEAMED!@!!!!!

Posted by: Principal Taylor ()
Date: August 27, 2009 07:22PM

You eat a tail wagon load of shit, pardner!!! I AM SO PISSED OFF I CAN ONLY SEE RED!!! I believe in Midgetville and all this beloved and cherrished neighborhood had to promise us!!!! AND by the way, we AMERCIANS can talk all we can about it. And why? Because Midgetville is the ONLY VIENNA LEGEND ON THE BOOKS WORTH A SINGLE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, dude....get a fucking grip.

"Many are afraid to respond here because of all the hassling and accusations of racism, midgetism, or whatever you want to call it."

Bullshit. No one is attacking the midget lovers.

"It's the damndest of all shames because it is an incredibly colorful story and a rich heritage we Viennians can surely be proud of."

Well, yeah, except for the richer heritage Clown Connolly has left us.

"Not after these dummy Demmie PC BASTARDS started giving him SHIT RIGHT IN HIS FACE. "

Okay. Shit right in the face is not cool. Not cool at all. And what is a Demmie? Dummy? Demi Moore? What?

"An apology is not only warrentied"

You never know what you might need to get a broken apology fixed somewhere down the line. Dude, you need to get a life. Midgetville is out. Mansonville is in.

Date: August 27, 2009 07:28PM

Youre a meat shit fucker. Connolly did more for this county than anyone before him.

Principal Taylor Wrote:
>
> Well, yeah, except for the richer heritage Clown
> Connolly has left us.
>

> "An apology is not only warrentied"
>
> You never know what you might need to get a broken
> apology fixed somewhere down the line. Dude, you
> need to get a life. Midgetville is out.
> Mansonville is in.

Hillerious, I'm sure you never misspell shit.

I'm still steamed about all the hitting below the belt some posters have done. Midgetville is close to my fucking heart.

Posted by: ch38 ()
Date: August 27, 2009 07:41PM

No reason for you to be an ASS. Just use spellcheck regularly. It works really grate.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.