HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Foundation Wall Crack Repair, Your experiences and suggested companies, please
Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 01:54PM

I have a crack, from floor to top of the foundation in my garage which causes a stream of water to flow through when it rains. An annoyance, it's gotten worse.

We tried a "DIY" crack filler, but it came back. We tried putting the black tar outside, digging down to the foundation, but it came back again.

Now, I think it's time for professionals.

Who have you used, and what were the results?

Costs for a crack, too, please. This crack is about 4 ft long, vertical, and nearly straight.

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Foundation Wall Crack Repair, Your experiences and suggested companies, please
Posted by: Nip ()
Date: November 25, 2014 02:00PM

Block or Concrete foundation wall? If Block is the crack in a motor joint? Just the garage right?

Re: Foundation Wall Crack Repair, Your experiences and suggested companies, please
Posted by: Cracker ()
Date: November 25, 2014 02:06PM

Not that it helps with the crack itself but I think you probably have it backwards...

Most likely you have a water problem that has caused the cracking.

Unless you can fix the root of the problem nothing that you do is going to be more than a temp fix.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 02:17PM

Poured concrete walls.

Understood on water problem. This time of year, gutters fill with leaves and overflow. I need to stay on that.

But there is ground water, anyways, and if the crack was "sealed" and impervious to the water, it would not flow. I think.

Thank you for the assistance and direction.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.