HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
stats- police don't get in jail for on duty deaths really
Posted by: Frustrated ()
Date: November 25, 2014 01:04PM

apparently in Dallas, grand juries reviewed 81 shootings between 2008 and 2012 and grand juries indicted... only one of them. There is a bias with jurors with the psychology behind law enforcement being a concept of good, a concept of responsible, etc UGH
article's here http://bit.ly/1Cb8eLj

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stats- police don't get in jail for on duty deaths really
Posted by: Give Me A Break ()
Date: November 25, 2014 01:21PM

How many professions other than Law Enforcement and the Military is your life on the line most of the time? Many Fire/Rescue, however, they usually are in dangerous situations, not regularly dealing with dangerous people.

So what is Law Enforcement to do, ask questions and protect their lives later?

I would wager than the majority of any LE shootings are under stressful and dangerous situations. LE does not go out just shooting people because they like to. If you do not want to be harassed, arrested, detained, assaulted by LE, do not put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, do not make yourself appear suspicious, no fast movements, respect LE authority and requests, do not try to run or beat the officer up.

Pretty simple rules of engagement as far as I can see.

I can see how the Grand Juries often do not suggest going to a jury or suggest charges as I think in most situations, LE does not activity go looking for reasons to shot or assault citizens of their towns or cities.

Put yourself on the other side as the LE officer where people have no respect for you, do not obey your commands and have to deal with high stress situations. They want to go home to their families at the end of the day.

It is all about good judgement, respect, compliance and not being in a the wrong place at the wrong time. Pretty simple and easy things to follow, but somehow there appears to be a segment of society that just refuses to try and follow these basic ideas and rules.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.