HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I want to spell out the words S_P_R_I_N_G_F_I_E_L_D in huge gigantic white letters and place them somewhere near the mixing bowl so it can be visible to everyone driving through the area.
Posted by: Springfield Native ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:26PM

attraction-hollywood-sign.jpg

Obviously my idea is inspired by the H_O_L_L_Y_W_O_O_D sign over in California.

I have already contacted someone about purchasing the letters.
My timetable for this project to be completed is by late March/early April.

I will cover all of the costs out of my very own pocket.
Who do I need to contact about this to make it happen?
Can I just go ahead and do this on my own without asking the county for permission?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want to spell out the words S_P_R_I_N_G_F_I_E_L_D in huge gigantic white letters and place them somewhere near the mixing bowl so it can be visible to everyone driving through the area.
Posted by: Formula for Success ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:54PM

Go for it.

Just call it art.

Get the old women from the Lorton arts center and gays behind you.

The county will be too afraid of having to listen to them whining to take it down.

If you say that you'll piss on it while wearing a Jesus mask once it's up, then you probably can find some liberal foundation to give you a grant to do it.

Re: I want to spell out the words S_P_R_I_N_G_F_I_E_L_D in huge gigantic white letters and place them somewhere near the mixing bowl so it can be visible to everyone driving through the area.
Posted by: a waste ()
Date: November 21, 2014 11:59PM

They're all playing with their fucking phones. Nobody will look up long enough to see it. Huge waste of time and material.

Posted by: ThatGuyFromThatThing ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:14AM

Along the top of the Sound Wall on the Inner Loop after Robinson Terminal. Visible from both sides of the Beltway. Easy access if you climb the wall.

Posted by: Woodyholl ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:27AM

I'd do it on the hill on the east side by the ball field. That's the highest point that can be seen from a distance and more real estate to work with.

Posted by: just the begining ()
Date: November 22, 2014 06:36AM

Springfield Native Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> src="http://www.americansaladbowl.com/wp-content/u
> ploads/2013/06/attraction-hollywood-sign.jpg">
>
> Obviously my idea is inspired by the
> H_O_L_L_Y_W_O_O_D sign over in California.
>
> I have already contacted someone about purchasing
> the letters.
> My timetable for this project to be completed is
> by late March/early April.
>
> I will cover all of the costs out of my very own
> pocket.
> Who do I need to contact about this to make it
> happen?
> Can I just go ahead and do this on my own without
> asking the county for permission?

This has been done already.
Attachments:
Springfield_(The_Simpsons).png

Posted by: Springfieldson ()
Date: November 22, 2014 07:30AM

Contact Jeff McKay at the Fairfax County Board of supervisors. The mixing bowl is his area. He may or may not help, though - he gave away the Blue Line, did not fight for the FBI, and has generally helped Sharon Bulova realize her lifelong dream of pretending Springfield does not exist.

Date: November 22, 2014 02:28PM

ThatGuyFromThatThing Wrote:
> Along the top of the Sound Wall on the Inner Loop
> after Robinson Terminal. Visible from both sides
> of the Beltway. Easy access if you climb the
> wall.

Show me the location on a map please.
Be as specific as possible.
Thanks.

Date: November 22, 2014 02:29PM

Woodyholl Wrote:
> I'd do it on the hill on the east side by the ball
> field. That's the highest point that can be seen
> from a distance and more real estate to work with.

Once again.

Show me the location on a map please.
Be as specific as possible.
Thanks.

Date: November 22, 2014 02:33PM

just the begining Wrote:
> Springfield Native Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> src="http://www.americansaladbowl.com/wp-content/u
>
> > ploads/2013/06/attraction-hollywood-sign.jpg">
> >
> > Obviously my idea is inspired by the
> > H_O_L_L_Y_W_O_O_D sign over in California.
> >
> > I have already contacted someone about
> purchasing
> > the letters.
> > My timetable for this project to be completed
> is
> > by late March/early April.
> >
> > I will cover all of the costs out of my very
> own
> > pocket.
> > Who do I need to contact about this to make it
> > happen?
> > Can I just go ahead and do this on my own
> without
> > asking the county for permission?
>
> This has been done already.

file.php?2,file=165317,filename=Springfi

That right there is freaking awesome!
Thanks for posting.
I cant wait to get started on this project!

Posted by: London calling... ()
Date: November 22, 2014 02:51PM

You already ARE started. Also finished.

Posted by: STFU. ()
Date: November 22, 2014 04:07PM

London calling... Wrote:
> You already ARE started. Also finished.

STFU man.

Posted by: LGpcG ()
Date: November 22, 2014 08:22PM

UTZ potatoe distributors had a nice sign on 66 in fairfax

democrats (bull o va) ruled it illegal and forced UTZ to remove it

fucking facists

Posted by: NH7cx ()
Date: November 22, 2014 08:23PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: eCcvk ()
Date: November 22, 2014 08:24PM

only sign you'll see in fairfax is one bull-o-va gov didn't pay mexicans to remove: the "elect a democrat facist rich family" signs

Posted by: ThatGuyFromThatThing ()
Date: November 23, 2014 12:14AM

Posted by: WoodyHoll ()
Date: November 23, 2014 12:57AM

Still like the hill by Central Springfield Little League on the map below is better. Up high and right in the heart of the mixing bowl. You can see it from 3 or 4 directions easily, more in the mirror. Also works better as a copy of the Hollywood image.

https://goo.gl/maps/W8j33

Posted by: Homer ()
Date: November 23, 2014 11:29AM

Great idea. It will make everyone who is literate aware that they've arrived at that shithole.

Posted by: Fuck you transplant ()
Date: November 23, 2014 01:17PM

Homer Wrote:
> Great idea. It will make everyone who is literate
> aware that they've arrived at that shithole.

Fuck you transplant who relocated here for the sole purpose of leeching off of the government.

Date: November 23, 2014 05:40PM

WoodyHoll Wrote:
> Still like the hill by Central Springfield Little
> League on the map below is better. Up high and
> right in the heart of the mixing bowl. You can
> see it from 3 or 4 directions easily, more in the
> mirror. Also works better as a copy of the
> Hollywood image.
>
> https://goo.gl/maps/W8j33

124ttzd.jpg

334oupz.jpg

The area you mentioned is perfect. However the wall is too short. The lettering is going to measure 40 ft height min - 50 ft height max. The lettering will rise above the wall.

Date: November 23, 2014 05:46PM

24uzrk2.jpg

Perhaps the wall could play a role in securing the lettering?

Posted by: wow that's something ()
Date: November 23, 2014 06:08PM

It would be so beautiful.

Posted by: Bueno Idea-O ()
Date: November 23, 2014 06:15PM

The Springfield sign would be an excellent way to signal to the new settlers that they can decamp from their burro and begin sending their 10 children to the nearest elementary school for free breakfast and free lunch and after a few viewings of El Gordo y La Flaca return to the school for free dinner.

Posted by: YES ()
Date: November 23, 2014 06:57PM

wow that's something Wrote:
> It would be so beautiful.

YES it will.

Posted by: WoddyHoll ()
Date: November 23, 2014 07:20PM

Springfield Native Wrote:
>
>
> Perhaps the wall could play a role in securing the
> lettering?

I meant on the hill behind there where the outfield of the ballpark is. You'd need to back up your view some. But now that I think about it that may be more obscured by the fly-over now.

Maybe on the other side. The hill on the SW corner where the 1st Springfield exit splits off. That looks perfect.

You can see both in this pic.

893int~1.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.