HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Guy Begging for Gas at Elden Street Giant
Posted by: Sucker ()
Date: November 21, 2014 08:40PM

I was at the Elden Street Marketplace in front of Giant at around 6pm tonight. A white man in his late 20's or early 30's with about a day's beard growth was begging for gas money. He said he was out of gas and had to drive 2 hours to get home. At the time he seemed sincere. He made good eye contact and was wearing what looked like kitchen clothes under his coat. In a moment of weakness I gave him some money. Odds are he's getting high right now instead of buying gas. But whatever.

Has anyone else encountered this guy this evening or on other days?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guy Begging for Gas at Elden Street Giant
Posted by: how much money ()
Date: November 21, 2014 08:48PM

did you give him sucker?

Posted by: Billy Whack ()
Date: November 21, 2014 09:11PM

No he gave him fucker you incoherant posting jackass!

how much money Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> did you give him sucker?

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: November 21, 2014 09:17PM

Same experience, but a couple of years ago at the 7-Eleven gas station across the street from the post office, next to Walgreens. Van Buren St I think.???

Posted by: next time ()
Date: November 21, 2014 09:31PM

I often tell them I'll fill the tank and pay inside, where's the car? Answers are interesting but there is usually no gas pumped.

Posted by: ^ Homosex codewords ()
Date: November 21, 2014 09:38PM

"fill the tank" = you-know-what

"pay inside" = ew, don't even want to think about it

"no gas pumped" = yes ass pumped

Posted by: jerry ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:52PM

I have run into the gas money story many times in different parts of the country. Its sometimes entertaining to ask a few questions if you aren't in a hurry. Often the car isn't anywhere nearby and they can't explain where it is. Or you say I have no cash to give you but I'll meet you at a gas station and pay with a card, they usually stammer, make up a reason why that won't work and wander away. One time in Ballston some dickhead on a scooter was dumb enough to claim he needed gas money because there was a hole in his tank and all the gas leaked out. When I asked why the gas he would supposedly buy with my cash wouldn't also leak out, he got a funny look on his face and turned away to hassle someone else.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: November 23, 2014 05:09AM

I actually fell for this once in a small town in Wyoming - the girl started her pitch with 'I know this seems like a scam but ...' and really didn't look the part. More fool me - I gave her a fiver and went off to dinner, came back by later and she'd forgotten who I was. She started in on the same grift then tailed off as I shot her a WTF look, smiled and walked away.

Posted by: utKGk ()
Date: November 23, 2014 10:46AM

This is a common scam.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.