HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123456AllNext
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: FCPS High School Music Classes 2014-15
Posted by: not coherent ()
Date: December 07, 2014 02:08PM

Yet you posted this:

"I didn't say there was anything criminal going on"

Trying to save face, so you walked it back?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Madison refund poll ()
Date: December 07, 2014 02:08PM

Let's start a poll on how long it is going to take for Madison to send out percussion fee refunds.

I say it will be at LEAST April 1st. That would be four months.

Posted by: the troll ()
Date: December 07, 2014 02:14PM

To whomever is trying to reason with our dear Barb: just stop. It is futile. But feel free to bug the shit out of her.

Posted by: touchdown! ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:03PM

And the answer is-________ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What DO you call people who send out bills that
> they don't have the right to send out, who also
> send notices to people telling them they still
> owe, maybe threaten to send them to collections,
> and then refuse to give the money back readily and
> quickly when it is pointed out that they had no
> right to send out the bills in the first place?
> What DO you call a school official who orders
> parents to do all this, even puts out the bill in
> communications from them, and then refuses to help
> straighten out the situation?
>
> I think this is very clear and coherent.
>
> Somebody answer the questions
> please..................

Scum, pigs, crooks. Back to the game.

Posted by: attention parents! ()
Date: December 08, 2014 08:14AM

[First- Specifically for Centreville Band parents-

I asked to see any written communications sent to parents explaining why you were told by a staff member to make payments for as much as $160 to your Booster club. It was a lot more than that in the first set of information I was sent. They say they don't have anything. (Yet, I am assuming and hoping.) I didn't see much of an explanation in the information I was sent.]

All I know is what I am shown. I should be getting accurate information. That is what I paid for. I am not getting this consistently.

We are going to take a tenuto here-

Here are all of your rights for payments to Boosters (and some other things). These are the rights of any other parents in this situation in any other Booster club, and there are lots and lots of you. It isn't just Centreville. Woodson Band and West Potomac Band are also on the list for possibly doing the same thing Centreville did. And I am not even finished yet.

You all have the right to have a school official WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING to explain to you how payments to a Booster club (and the school system) comply with school policy and state laws. And yes, they have to comply. No, you don't want to just rely on what your Booster officers and teacher tell you. THEY were the ones who sent out the bills! Of course they are going to tell you that they comply. You all have the right to ask your principal or most preferably a member of the business staff. Or your Superintendent. If you are really having problems, contact your School Board member.

Booster clubs do NOT have the right to send out bills for stuff they want to do, do high-pressure solicitations (even if backed by a teacher), etc. to parents unless membership in the club is optional AND you understood what you were getting into when you paid those dues. And that is a maybe on that, too. All fundraisers have to be optional (school or Booster). Your child cannot be penalized in any way whatsoever for not participating and neither can you. You should not be penalized or ostracized in any way for NOT joining a Booster club. What are people doing to you at those curricular concerts? Telling you that you can't sit in certain areas (like front and center) because you aren't good enough? Don't put up with that. Those curricular concerts are a public school classroom. You walk in and sit anywhere you jolly well please.

If these payments do not comply with school regulations and state laws, you have the right to a refund of anything that does not comply. Westfield and Madison and Langley already learned this the hard way. If you choose to donate the money to the Booster club, you can evaluate whether you can take a tax deduction on it, which you probably can't if you are just sent a bill and told to pay it. You can't deduct payments for substantial goods and services received. As in, you shouldn't make a $400 "donation" to a Booster club for a school summer trip and take a tax write-off on it. Or make a $300 "donation" to a Booster club for marching band services. You also should NOT make a $150 "voluntary commitment payment" to a Booster club (Marshall Band, do you hear this?) for a school-sponsored service. They are playing games with you. The FOIA office told me there wasn't any commitment payment. Well then, why was it called that? Why were the parents told by the teacher to turn in a check TO THEM, with a due date, payable to the Boosters along with the commitment form, where it was written right on there? That is back with the Deputy and Patty Reed on the School Board. Give me a break. Come on. How many of you really thought that was an optional payment? It shouldn't even be optional. Voluntary? Huh? What ARE you talking about? You were paying for a school service. It should have gone to the school. And you don't have to pay for instruments as the payment described. Those are funded by donations. REAL donations. Are they cramming stuff into your "fee"? Why don't all of you go back to the handout and see what you think.

Payments for school-sponsored things should go DIRECTLY to the school. DO NOT make payments to the non-profit and then have them write a huge check to the school. You are bypassing the safety of open public records and payment spreadsheets and the heavy insurance the school has on the money. They can do a lot of fiddling around with the money before it gets to the school. IF it gets there.

School regulations require all school trips have the money receipted into a school account. It has been that way for many, many years. DO NOT accept "maybe we will get around to this next year". They have been saying that for years. It is too much money. Booster insurance, both officer liability and for the money, is dicey. There are strict rules these insureds are supposed to follow in order for these companies to pay up in the event of a loss, and sometimes they are not being followed. You also have the right to have all staff associated with these trips (and camps and sectionals) to have a background check done by the school system because these are school-sponsored. Boosters are not supposed to be contracting with people on their own to work these trips and camps and sectionals.

The briefing I was presented with was that anything school-sponsored is to run through a school account. Summer band camp is school-sponsored, and that was mentioned in the FAQ's from the briefing I saw. The "travel supplements" are not clear. If your child is traveling with their class, that is a school-sponsored activity. There probably shouldn't be any "travel supplements" paid to a Booster club, and I am seeing a lot of those. These "travel supplements" are public funds. Public funds go into a school account. The large meal payments (like for Madison Band) also need to be evaluated. If they are spending $200 a child on meals, and are pressuring you to make a "donation" to the Boosters to cover that, something is very mixed up. You are supposed to pay for your child's meals in one way or another. You don't make "donations" for that. You make payments. And if the meals are part of a school function, they probably need to go to the school. If a Booster club wants to throw a pizza party, and not charge, that is different.

Fees for using marching uniforms, renting a tux or dress, etc., are all public funds. If you pay any damage fees for rentals, that also has to go into a school account. The uniforms are public property (just like the instruments). Public funds are supposed to be run through a school account.

You have the right to see all school accounting records, receipts, redacted student payment spreadsheets, contracts, etc. whether you were involved in the transaction or not. You don't get that when you give money to a Booster club. Take it from me. I know. You also have the right to demand a consultation with an administrator to review and discuss those records. Don't let them stonewall you because you asked to see public records. Remember that spreadsheet I showed you? That trip was closed down. Finished. Done. Right...........!

I am sure somebody is going to argue about something, but this is close enough. I am just a volunteer with a lot of experience. The school of hard knocks. Sometimes that is better. And if you are mad, then QUIT PUTTING THIS CRAP OUT LIKE THIS. YOU PUT YOUR NAMES ON THIS STUFF AND GAVE IT TO HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE. It's fair game. It's public record. Open season.

Moving on.....I have another 8 or 9 schools to go. This is slow going.

Posted by: Madison band-more refunds ()
Date: December 08, 2014 08:18AM

> > Ok I pulled up old Madison percussion fee
> records.
> > This is the third year in a row they have
> charged
> > the percussion kids three times instead of two
> for
> > percussion rental. I can't go back any further
> in
> > my records. Let's see---
> >
> > 20 kids (estimate) times 3 years=60 kids times
> > 26=$1560.
> >
> > HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?
> >
> > Contact information-
> >
> > Mark Merrell 703-319-2313
> >
> > Your Regional Assistant Superintendent is
> Douglas
> > Tyson and your Executive Principal is
> Evangeline
> > Petrich 571-423-1110. Put them to work, too.
> >
> > CALL EVERYBODY FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING. You
> > might as well start the six month stalling
> around
> > period on paying you all back.
> >
> > Madison, you are going to be the death of me.
> >
> > Thank you to those who keep reminding me I am
> > stupid and deranged. Yeh, right. That is like
> the
> > pot calling the kettle black.

DON'T FORGET TO CALL! I think they need to start issuing some checks.
Attachments:
madisonpercussionfees2012_12_2013_14.pdf
JMHSpercussionfees2014_15.pdf

Posted by: cut time ()
Date: December 08, 2014 05:09PM

Behavior like this is EXACTLY why you don't want to write large checks to Booster clubs.

Posted by: cut time ()
Date: December 08, 2014 05:10PM

cut time Wrote:
> Behavior like this is EXACTLY why you don't want
> to write large checks to Booster clubs..

Posted by: ............. ()
Date: December 08, 2014 10:16PM

You are causing unnecessary problems. Even though it's public records doesn't mean it's your place to look at them and create huge problems for everyone. Not only the teachers, but the parents that volunteer and the students. You are a huge ass for what you've done.

Posted by: sjfjsjsi ()
Date: December 08, 2014 10:31PM

You're not getting any refund outta Madison...that money went to cash advances for Vegas junkets. Garza is on the gravy train too.

Posted by: SATB ()
Date: December 08, 2014 10:41PM

^^^^^So if I am an ass, what do you call the people who were lying to families, knowingly breaking school regulations, and running a slush fund consisting of secret trip surpluses collected from parents and children?

What do you call public officials who don't produce public records they are supposed to have and don't monitor the transactions they present to parents on school forms? And made fun one of the parents who wanted to see their trip records and had the right to do that?

What do you call people who are overcharging kids for classes and ignoring instructions as to how to handle these?

They AREN'T/DIDN'T creating/create huge problems for staff, parents, volunteers, and students?

Please enlighten me because I'm not following your logic. My perspective is a little different, since I was robbed and lied to and made fun of and denied public records about 10 times. Let's see, 1 times $2000 plus 9 times $5000 each =?.

Posted by: SSAATTBB ()
Date: December 08, 2014 10:54PM

sjfjsjsi Wrote:
> You're not getting any refund outta Madison...that
> money went to cash advances for Vegas junkets.
> Garza is on the gravy train too.

They are without a doubt going to have to discuss this over lunch at Bazin's, or dinner at Wildfire.

Pat Hynes is the School Board rep for Madison. Pat.Hynes@fcps.edu 571-423-1082.

Anybody know the statute of limitations on this?

I think this needs to go out on Facebook.....

Get those phones ringing and e-mails fired up. Just think of the writer's cramp signing all those checks..............It's your money! Get it!

Posted by: that Oakton booster meeting.... ()
Date: December 08, 2014 11:41PM

"And made fun one of the parents who wanted to see their trip records and had the right to do that?"

Barb still obsessing about an incident from years ago, and taking it out on those not involved. Oh, and still posting with plenty of typos.

Posted by: Einuis is a typical Republican ()
Date: December 09, 2014 01:29AM

Just shut the entire thing down. NO more band. NO more fundraising. And hopefully, NO more child molestation.

Date: December 09, 2014 07:49AM

SATB Wrote:
> ^^^^^So if I am an ass, what do you call the
> people who were lying to families, knowingly
> breaking school regulations, and running a slush
> fund consisting of secret trip surpluses collected
> from parents and children?
>
> What do you call public officials who don't
> produce public records they are supposed to have
> and don't monitor the transactions they present to
> parents on school forms? And made fun of one of the
> parents who wanted to see their trip records and
> had the right to do that?
>
> What do you call people who are overcharging kids
> for classes and ignoring instructions as to how to
> handle these?
>
> They AREN'T/DIDN'T creating/create huge problems
> for staff, parents, volunteers, and students?
>
> Please enlighten me because I'm not following your
> logic. My perspective is a little different, since
> I was robbed and lied to and made fun of and
> denied public records about 10 times. Let's see, 1
> times $2000 plus 9 times $5000 each =?.

Quit making fun of typos and answer the questions. I had a late rehearsal. In French. Oiu. If I am an ass, WHAT, pray tell, do you call people who do this kind of stuff?

The attitude went on for years and is obviously still prevalent.

The lack of attention to the reports and proper procedures is still very evident.

The idea that this type of stuff is NOT a problem simply doesn't register with me or a lot of other people.

WHAT DO YOU CALL PEOPLE WHO DO THIS KIND OF STUFF??????? Speak up! WHY is fixing this such a problem? Do parents LIKE secret records, abusive billing practices, abusive public officials, abusive Boosters, being overcharged, etc.? Why am I the ass here? I don't think most expect that when they sign their child up for a music class in a public school. It doesn't have to be that way.

I would bet most would love $200 refunds if they were due. Which they were. And probably still are!

It takes less time to try to do things right the first time than fix things later on. Think spreadsheet. That ruined the whole summer for a few people.

Date: December 09, 2014 09:14AM

The silence is deafening. If I am an ass-

WHAT do you call people who inappropriately demand money from parents and children, don't keep accurate records, refuse to release records, don't obtain records when they are required to do so, ignore instructions, defy instructions, make inappropriate demands of children and parents in many other ways ("you can't play in your game because you have to sell fruit for us" "you can't take your AP Physics test because you are doing a fundraiser for a private corporation DURING THE SCHOOL DAY"), and make fun of people who rightfully expect things to be done differently, all with the idea of "promoting quality music education and treating each other right"?

WHAT DO YOU CALL THESE PEOPLE? SPEAK UP!!!!!

Anybody called Madison yet and asked for a refund? Your child will probably graduate before they fix this if you don't. Get on it! I would go over there with your bank records and sit in the front office and wait for the check if I were you. Pack lunch. I don't think that is an authorized fee, otherwise everybody would be doing it. Whatever you do, DON'T pay up until this is clarified.

Date: December 09, 2014 09:41AM

..and then there is the all-time greatest-

"you can't take my class unless you agree to purchase an $800 trip (that is purely optional according to school policy)-sign right here agreeing to this as a condition of the course, parents"

Quit acting like martyrs.

SPEAK UP! What do you call people who do this stuff to kids and parents?

Posted by: the silence ()
Date: December 09, 2014 04:21PM

Indeed, the silence is deafening. Barb sounds the battle cry and everyone else just picks up their popcorn to watch her shit-show of a thread.

Posted by: martyrs? ()
Date: December 09, 2014 04:38PM

Barb, please point me to these posts where people are acting like martyrs. I've seen none of them.

Posted by: STRADIVARIUS ()
Date: December 09, 2014 07:20PM

~~~~~~~

Posted by: pd563c ()
Date: December 09, 2014 08:09PM

There aren't any. Most of Barb's monologuing is off-the-cuff not grounded in reality. Her judicious use of the caps lock is just one of her posting subtleties.

Posted by: slaryiesvv ()
Date: December 09, 2014 11:19PM

Name Worksite Job Title Annual Salary
Aban, Eleanor C Hutchison Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Aberle, Anita C Glen Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,002.00
Abernathy, Cynthia A Navy Elementary Music Teacher, ES $89,237.00
Adams, Kristina B Herndon Middle Music Teacher, MS $52,125.00
Adams, Patricia K Aldrin Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $77,101.00
Albertson, Virginia S Eagle View Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Alderson, Laura D Fox Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,205.00
Alipanah, Sara Forest Edge Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,002.00
Allen, Clayton R Lake Braddock Secondary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,957.00
Allwine, Darshia A West Springfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $87,522.00
Amaya, Yessenia E Sandburg Middle Music Teacher, MS $47,446.00
Ammerman, Angela D Annandale High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $58,078.00
Ammirati, Christina M Providence Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $63,023.00
Amoroso, Teresa L Mosby Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $74,316.00
Amos, Margaret L Robinson Secondary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $46,756.00
Anderson, Nancy L Armstrong Elementary Music Teacher, ES $85,948.00
Andert, Jonathan E Terraset Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,294.00
Andrews, Kelly A Washington Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,564.00
Androwick, Emily R Laurel Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Anguish, Lauren E Glen Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,003.00
Anuszkiewicz, Emily J Shrevewood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,637.00
Arrasmith, Kathleen K Louise Archer Elementary Music Teacher, ES $37,957.00
Ashton, Danielle G Pine Spring Elementary Music Teacher, ES $18,702.00
Atkins, Beth A Hunters Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,576.00
Augustine, Katherine N Poe Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $50,644.00
Ayars, Evan M Chantilly High Music Teacher, HS $52,125.00
Azzarello, JoAnn Flint Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $68,679.00
Babcock, Lynne L Centreville High Music Teacher, HS $89,237.00
Baeseman, Kristi S Cardinal Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
Bailey, Allison K Jefferson Science & Tech High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $77,276.00
Baker, Cheryl L Mount Eagle Elementary Music Teacher, ES $72,757.00
Baldwin, Jaye B Jr. South Lakes High Music Teacher, HS $70,686.00
Baldwin, Matthew A Waynewood Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $53,637.00
Ballard, Stephen W Woodley Hills Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $63,023.00
Bandy, Michael L Greenbriar East Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $54,586.00
Barker, Carolyn E Wolftrap Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
Barnett, Erin M Saratoga Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Barrow, Johna R Glasgow Middle Music Teacher, MS $53,307.00
Beck, Pamela K Orange Hunt Elementary Music Teacher, ES $84,151.00
Becker, Sandy G Waynewood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $29,179.00
Bedker, Alisa M Coates Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Belasik, Kate A Greenbriar West Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $56,957.00
Bell, Michelle C Cub Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $47,447.00
Bellinger, Michael C Braddock Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $85,473.00
Belzer, Judith A Mount Vernon High Music Teacher, HS $76,429.00
Benton, Randal T Gunston Elementary Music Teacher, ES $81,728.00
Berkon, Eliza J Annandale Terrace Elementary Music Teacher, ES $33,574.00
Bernhards, Victor F Rolling Valley Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $47,184.00
Bertolotti, David E Fort Hunt Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $72,221.00
Biggs, Sarah K Cub Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $41,700.00
Bingaman, Rachel G Hybla Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Blacksten, Lynette S Mosby Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $83,262.00
Blamer, Kathleen J Mantua Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $59,591.00
Blitch, Rachel E Haycock Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,125.00
Boltz, Celia M Mason Crest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Bonanno, Carolyn C Bull Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $35,343.00
Bond, Catherine A Marshall High Music Teacher, HS $64,850.00
Bongard, Katelyn E Holmes Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $61,253.00
Boyce, Sara M Hayfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,125.00
Brandt, Dustin T West Springfield High Music Teacher, HS $48,632.00
Brisbin, Christina M Woodburn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $18,702.00
Brown, Joshua M Irving Middle Music Teacher, MS $38,947.00
Brown, Melissa S Union Mill Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $32,425.00
Buchanan, Kathryn L Silverbrook Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,125.00
Budny, Caitlin E Woodley Hills Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Burch, Kelsey N Sunrise Valley Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $51,576.00
Burke, Jennifer C Colin Powell Elementary Music Teacher, ES $59,591.00
Burke, William B Centreville High Music Teacher, HS $68,679.00
Butler-Noel, Kelly M Bull Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $78,197.00
Byrom, Abby L Centreville Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $48,206.00
Caldwell, Rebecca D Dogwood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,210.00
Calhoun, Briana A Orange Hunt Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Campbell, Kimberley L Stenwood Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $54,586.00
Cantu-Glave, Erika Halley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Carr, Catherine R White Oaks Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,825.00
Carter, Phillip R West Potomac High Music Teacher, HS $60,780.00
Case, Bryan G Liberty Middle Music Teacher, MS $49,070.00
Cating-Moran, Eileen Cardinal Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $58,078.00
Cator, Sean L Louise Archer Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,210.00
Cave, Mallory M London Towne Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Chaapel, Cara M Herndon Elementary Music Teacher, ES $74,895.00
Chernov, Misha Westbriar Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Chisholm, Karen Y Hughes Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $26,818.00
Chmiel, Jennifer M Hutchison Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Chou, Diana L Virginia Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,025.00
Christman, Lynn B Rocky Run Middle Music Teacher, MS $68,941.00
Christy, Elizabeth A Mason Crest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Clark, Brandy Graham Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Clinton, Kelsey E Kings Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Cockey, Debra E Riverside Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $62,353.00
Cofie Arrington, Josephine L Edison High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,802.00
Collins, Cheri D Floris Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $92,983.00
Cooley, Cheryl L Saratoga Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $38,875.00
Cooper, Edward G Fort Belvoir Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Cooper, Erin P Garfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Cordell, Regina M Great Falls Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Cradler, Nancy A Daniels Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $34,470.00
Creque, Laura M Laurel Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $68,679.00
Crescenzo, Gina T Crestwood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Crowley, Jeanne M Sandburg Middle Music Teacher, MS $93,637.00
Cunningham, Deni B Floris Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $58,895.00
D'Alelio, Kathleen M Laurel Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
Darling, Steven C Brookfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $59,591.00
Dauberman, Kelley R Fairfax Villa Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Davenport, Sara B Westlawn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,003.00
Davis, David A Groveton Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $23,378.00
Davis, Jihanna A Belle View Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Davis, Theresa A Oak Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $64,298.00
Day Javkhlan, Alicia A West Potomac High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $59,591.00
Deal, Mark V Ravensworth Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $83,262.00
Deck, Susan E Keene Mill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $90,771.00
Delaney, Jody M Freedom Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $35,768.00
DeMarco, Mary L Lake Braddock Secondary Music Teacher, HS $84,151.00
Dennis, Michael R Dogwood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $68,376.00
Denti, Joseph R Providence Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $72,425.00
Destefanis, Rebecca M Shrevewood Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $29,103.00
Devens, Catherine M Twain Middle Music Teacher, MS $53,307.00
Devereux, Allison F Dranesville Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $50,002.00
Dietz, Norman J Columbia Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $75,773.00
Dini, Mary F Mantua Elementary Music Teacher, ES $62,788.00
Dodd, Bene L Greenbriar West Elementary Music Teacher, ES $81,728.00
Donahue, Ruth C Spring Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $95,395.00
Dovgalyuk, Kate E Daniels Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,299.00
Downham, Jennifer M Woodley Hills Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Draeger, Stephanie K Lake Anne Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,698.00
Dupertuis, Leslie L Colvin Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $76,592.00
Durley, Kathleen M Lorton Station Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,957.00
Dutko, Ryla N Eagle View Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $56,957.00
Eberly, Erin G Madison High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $51,003.00
Eddinger, Karli R Holmes Middle Music Teacher, MS $58,079.00
Eggan, Dori A Brookfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Ehrlich, Michael L Woodson High Music Teacher, HS $91,914.00
Eisenberg, Susan A Dranesville Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
Eiting, Emilia E Stuart High Music Teacher, HS $49,070.00
Ellis, Ellen G Sunrise Valley Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $45,463.00
Emery, Ahnika R West Springfield Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $74,895.00
Ensign, Jamie L Mount Vernon Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,307.00
Erickson, Paul G Kilmer Middle Music Teacher, MS $45,809.00
Failes, Kelsey N Camelot Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Fitzgerald, Francesca T Robinson Secondary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $62,353.00
Fleischman, Michelle A Frost Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,206.00
Foster, Catherine A Waples Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $95,395.00
Fowkes, Gerald I Fairfax High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $58,895.00
Fox, Nancy G Floris Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Fraedrich, Eileen W Orange Hunt Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $53,970.00
Frank, Catherine L Westlawn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,644.00
Frank, Mary E Oakton Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $38,564.00
Frazier, Jennifer A Herndon Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
Fredericks, Joan L Annandale Terrace Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $89,237.00
Freeman, Christine C Belvedere Elementary Music Teacher, ES $74,291.00
Freeman, Daniel B Spring Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $93,637.00
Frels, Luke D Fairfax High Music Teacher, HS $66,734.00
Friedman, Kathryn A Marshall Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Frost, Margaret Waples Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Fucile, Martha L Stenwood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $84,151.00
Galiffa, Gianna F Haycock Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Gallina, Melissa L Franklin Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Gano, Rosemary S West Potomac High Music Teacher, HS $70,687.00
Garber, Jessica D Gunston Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $52,125.00
Gaskins, Mary N Fairfax Villa Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,002.00
Gawinski, Bette J Herndon Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $81,728.00
Geers, Alexandra L Oak Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,530.00
Geiger, Sarah E Groveton Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Geldert, Jackelyn C Rose Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $48,206.00
George, Jenna L Luther Jackson Middle Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $52,530.00
Georgiadis-Ertel, Marieke Centre Ridge Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Gidick, Elayne E Crossfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $72,757.00
Gigliotti, Rita Ann A South Lakes High Music Teacher, HS $66,734.00
Gladys, Rachael C Lee High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,024.00
Gomez, Zachary A Poe Middle Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $79,377.00
Graham, Allora C Fort Belvoir Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $79,771.00
Graham, John J Lake Braddock Secondary Music Teacher, HS $86,654.00
Grant, Melissa M Flint Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $84,151.00
Grimsby, Rachel L Fort Hunt Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Gutierrez, Elisa L Hunters Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $55,957.00
Gutjahr, Carina Wolftrap Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $31,518.00
Haberland, Camille A Mosby Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $78,942.00
Haffly, Mary A Gunston Elementary Music Teacher, ES $62,725.00
Hagen, Tiffany B Terra Centre Elementary Music Teacher, ES $58,079.00
Hagerty, Katherine D Glasgow Middle Music Teacher, MS $47,446.00
Hall, Kenneth E Westfield High Music Teacher, HS $86,654.00
Hamilton, Jonathan W Hollin Meadows Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,307.00
Hamm, Randy R Fairview Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $63,023.00
Hannan, Margaret L Herndon Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Harbison, Kelly M Canterbury Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Harkins, Jake E Graham Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Harmon, Jessica L Clearview Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Harms, Kelly A Colin Powell Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $60,060.00
Hart, Katherine A Groveton Elementary Music Teacher, ES $62,064.00
Hartsell, Justin A Bren Mar Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,995.00
Hartzog, Cary T Jr. Mount Vernon Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $72,757.00
Harwood, Marilyn L Spring Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,298.00
Haynes, Cassandra R Stuart High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $58,895.00
Helsley, Amanda H Rolling Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Henderson, Melodie A Edison High Music Teacher, HS $38,738.00
Hennessy, Anna E Mount Vernon High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,530.00
Hentz, Lauren I Greenbriar West Elementary Music Teacher, ES $58,895.00
Hernandez, Christina V Louise Archer Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $39,870.00
Herrera, Jennifer L West Springfield High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,299.00
Hibbard, Jessieann Baileys Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,205.00
Hicks, Amber N Laurel Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $57,069.00
Hill, Daniel M Greenbriar West Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $51,003.00
Hill, Natalie P Lees Corner Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $24,316.00
Hill, Pamela D Clermont Elementary Music Teacher, ES $72,720.00
Hiller, Mariko N Woodlawn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,732.00
Hinkle, D'Andrea F Newington Forest Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $65,481.00
Hirt, Erica K Armstrong Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $47,447.00
Hodges-Abbasi, Nichole M Sunrise Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $59,591.00
Hofmann, Tara R Baileys Upper Elem Music Teacher, ES $81,728.00
Holland, Kinsey P Louise Archer Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $37,405.00
Holland, Ryan S Union Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,644.00
Hood, Kelly S Oak Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,307.00
Hooker, Hillary A Navy Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
Horanski, Michael T Robinson Secondary Music Teacher, HS $74,895.00
Hornsby-Graham, Elizabeth A Daniels Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $72,110.00
Huber, Mary L Colin Powell Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $37,635.00
Hughes, Giovanna Braddock Elementary Music Teacher, ES $60,780.00
Iooss, Katherine G Hunt Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,299.00
Irish, Jessica E Annandale High Music Teacher, HS $68,679.00
Jacoby, Jonathan R Glen Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,637.00
Jakes, David A Garfield Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $83,262.00
James, David T Mosby Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,755.00
Johnson, Elaine C Lee High Music Teacher, HS $36,378.00
Johnson, Ernest L West Potomac High Music Teacher, HS $97,188.00
Jones, Rebecca F Navy Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $64,850.00
Ju, Alice M Mosby Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $54,586.00
Judkins, Karen F Churchill Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $78,641.00
Junttila, Valerie E Fairview Elementary Music Teacher, ES $56,957.00
Kaiser, Kara E Hunters Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $58,079.00
Kalasz, Angelica M Irving Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
Kapeluck, Mark T Camelot Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $84,151.00
Kee, Russell E Annandale High Music Teacher, HS $78,197.00
Keenan, Michelle C Kings Glen Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $65,000.00
Keller, Andrea L Colvin Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $74,895.00
Kennedy, Veronica S Lorton Station Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Key, Deborah D Providence Elementary Music Teacher, ES $91,914.00
Kim, Hyun K Lemon Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,755.00
Kim, Julie L Deer Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,732.00
Kimball, Steven P North Springfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $84,151.00
King, John C Forestville Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,732.00
Klippel, Brian P Dranesville Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Kloth, Timothy T Parklawn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $76,503.00
Kmetz, Leah E Lees Corner Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,253.00
Kogut, Stephen J Stone Middle Music Teacher, MS $91,914.00
Kohut, Jacob Lorton Station Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $56,121.00
Korovesis, Evangeline A Columbia Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Krushinski, Walter E Hayfield Secondary Music Teacher, HS $57,069.00
Kuberski, Carrie B Newington Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $82,273.00
Kubik, Sara E Virginia Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Kulikosky, Matthew V South Lakes High Music Teacher, HS $74,291.00
LaBrie, Kathleen O Laurel Ridge Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $59,591.00
Lacquement, Alexander D Cunningham Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $21,012.00
LaCrosse, Karen A Sleepy Hollow Elementary Music Teacher, ES $83,869.00
LaFleur, Caryn L Stratford Landing Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,305.00
Lambert, Mac L Jr. Langley High Music Teacher, HS $95,648.00
Lamons, Latoya C South County High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $81,728.00
Lancaster, Sarah W South County Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,734.00
Lansberry, Miranda Lynbrook Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Larsen, Arnold L III Union Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $68,376.00
Lee, Meredith A Frost Middle Music Teacher, MS $63,023.00
Lee, Terri E Springfield Estates Elementary Music Teacher, ES $42,645.00
Leftwich, Laura Belle View Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Lester, Susan A Keene Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $42,309.00
Leung, Elizabeth A Cooper Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Lewis, Stephanie R Hayfield Secondary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $74,895.00
Liechty Lynch, Gretchen C Freedom Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Linsley, Elizabeth A Bush Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Linton, Essel Annandale Terrace Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,637.00
Lisowski, Andrew J Falls Church High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,205.00
Lisowski, Aubrey Newington Forest Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
Little, Matthew D Stratford Landing Elementary Music Teacher, ES $68,677.00
Little, Patricia G Luther Jackson Middle Music Teacher, MS $84,151.00
Long, Phaedra T Luther Jackson Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $64,850.00
Lovecchio, Steven M London Towne Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $61,253.00
Lubinski, Mary Agnes Lorton Station Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,957.00
Lucas, Jennifer R Wakefield Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $22,782.00
Lupton, Edward W Greenbriar East Elementary Music Teacher, ES $77,101.00
Lutter, Andrew J Hybla Valley Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $47,447.00
Lynch, Jamie P Longfellow Middle Music Teacher, MS $58,079.00
Lynn, Barbara H Cameron Elementary Music Teacher, ES $78,197.00
Lytle, Beth M Keene Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $95,395.00
Magnus, Meghan M McNair Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Maguire, Amanda L Fort Belvoir Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Mardis, Suzan B Hutchison Elementary Music Teacher, ES $77,346.00
Marian, Larisa M Woodburn Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Martin, Linda S McLean High Music Teacher, HS $77,101.00
Martin, Monica E Cherry Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $95,395.00
Matthie, Stephen A Rocky Run Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,299.00
Matula, Christina Key Middle Music Teacher, MS $59,613.00
Maxwell, Brian M Camelot Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,125.00
McCarten, Michelle M Daniels Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
McCarthy, Daniel C Hayfield Secondary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
McCay, Melissa M Silverbrook Elementary Music Teacher, ES $74,895.00
McClure, Joseph R Wolftrap Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $26,653.00
McCormick, Nathan S Langley High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $72,425.00
McElroy, Keith S Key Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,802.00
McGrath, Sarah A Union Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,755.00
McKay, Roger Fairfax Villa Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $93,637.00
McKinstry, Michaela H London Towne Elementary Music Teacher, ES $49,778.00
McMahan, Alicia C Rose Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $81,728.00
McNamara, James H II Thoreau Middle Music Teacher, MS $55,957.00
Menard Mazurowski, Danielle R Churchill Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,298.00
Messier, Emily C Lees Corner Elementary Music Teacher, ES $56,957.00
Mezvinsky, Margot L Braddock Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $68,679.00
Miller, Ethan D Fairview Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,632.00
Miller, Kaitlyn E Bonnie Brae Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Miller, Laura C Braddock Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,159.00
Millett, Christine C Bren Mar Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $62,725.00
Mioni, Melissa A Forestville Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $60,780.00
Mitchell, Kimberly C Timber Lane Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $68,679.00
Mohyla, Mary Ella M Forest Edge Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,957.00
Moir, Amy L Carson Middle Music Teacher, MS $66,734.00
Moman, Janette M Springfield Estates Elementary Music Teacher, ES $56,873.00
Moore, Cortney R Colvin Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $60,780.00
Morell, Deanne R Belvedere Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Morgan, Elizabeth J Lane Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $54,159.00
Morgan, Emily B Frost Middle Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $55,956.00
Morgan, Jane C Stratford Landing Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $95,152.00
Morgan, Tracy L Hayfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $90,771.00
Morrison, Alexandra M Centreville High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,125.00
Morrison, Katherine E Crossfield Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,205.00
Mossey, Amanda R Liberty Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $59,591.00
Murdock, Kathleen G Fort Belvoir Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Murphy, Rebecca L Floris Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Musgnug, Christopher C Westbriar Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Myers, Debra K Rolling Valley Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $81,366.00
Myers, Mary R Cub Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Myers-Matthews, Alison J Eagle View Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,446.00
Mynes, Robert A Chantilly High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $64,731.00
Nakamura, Gregory K Bush Hill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $66,734.00
Natalie, Nicholas B Beech Tree Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Nerdahl, Frances P Ravensworth Elementary Music Teacher, ES $81,728.00
Newell, Robert D Woodson High Music Teacher, HS $76,503.00
Newham, Kara E Braddock Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,253.00
Nguyen, Christine L Laurel Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,205.00
Noble, Cindy L Poplar Tree Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Oakley, Samantha K Centreville Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
Oaks, Elizabeth M Fairhill Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $50,002.00
OBanner, Kay F Poplar Tree Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $93,637.00
Odenwelder, Adam P Baileys Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Odmark, Allison K Haycock Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $50,002.00
Ogden, Beverly A Lane Elementary Music Teacher, ES $96,902.00
O'Hara, Caitlin A Willow Springs Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Okouchi, Carla H Hybla Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $58,895.00
Oppenheimer, Max H Oakton High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,205.00
Otto, Nancy L Greenbriar East Elementary Music Teacher, ES $38,875.00
Owens, Keith M West Springfield High Music Teacher, HS $75,773.00
Pasch, Lisa A Bucknell Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Person, Molly R London Towne Elementary Music Teacher, ES $59,613.00
Peterson, Wendy L Oak Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Petty, Joy Lane Elementary Music Teacher, ES $77,346.00
Philips, Heather D Mount Eagle Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Piccirelli, Eric S White Oaks Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $47,447.00
Pick, Daniel L Silverbrook Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $64,298.00
Pick, Ryan T McNair Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,576.00
Pierce, Katherine H Westfield High Music Teacher, HS $54,586.00
Pietak, Rebecca K Baileys Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,125.00
Pittman, James Haycock Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $89,237.00
Plecha, Larisa A Eagle View Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $53,307.00
Polendey, Felix A III Westgate Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Porter, Ashley N Island Creek Elementary Music Teacher, ES $49,779.00
Powell, Tiffany A Oakton High Music Teacher, HS $70,687.00
Prince, Sara E Whitman Middle Music Teacher, MS $50,002.00
Quinlan, Charles P McNair Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Ragona, Carolyn H Woodburn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Ramirez, Kristen S Fairhill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $20,401.00
Rauch, Valerie F Oak View Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $53,698.00
Raynor, Laura A Mason Crest Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $48,632.00
Real, Alice E Crestwood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Reddig, Christen E Robinson Secondary Music Teacher, MS $40,856.00
Reed, Elizabeth A Lake Braddock Secondary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $61,252.00
Reeve, Martin R Mosby Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,407.00
Reigner, Benjamin K Waynewood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $64,850.00
Reip, Kathryn A Shrevewood Elementary Music Teacher, ES $81,728.00
Renne, Eric S Coates Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
Renne, Joshua D Sunrise Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Reynolds, David L Jr. Vienna Elementary Music Teacher, ES $60,780.00
Rezek, Linda Franconia Elementary Music Teacher, ES $87,522.00
Riddle, Kerry A Haycock Elementary Music Teacher, ES $49,070.00
Riechers, Christopher M Kilmer Middle Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $55,956.00
Rigby, Lauren B Island Creek Elementary Music Teacher, ES $49,070.00
Rigney, Elizabeth B Navy Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,002.00
Ring, Charles S Poplar Tree Elementary Music Teacher, ES $93,637.00
Roberts, Lisa M Forestdale Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Robertson, Brandon H Franklin Sherman Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,125.00
Robertson, Jacqueline C Churchill Road Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,530.00
Robillard, Leslie M Kings Glen Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $58,770.00
Robinson, Anna H Falls Church High Music Teacher, HS $47,447.00
Robinson, Brian F Hunters Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,159.00
Robinson, Kimberley C Oak View Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $81,728.00
Rollins, Ann J Sangster Elementary Music Teacher, ES $66,734.00
Rosa, Erin P Fox Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $68,268.00
Rose, Ashley J Flint Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,205.00
Rousseau, Kerry N Weyanoke Elementary Music Teacher, ES $43,669.00
Rowan, Claire C Madison High Music Teacher, HS $66,803.00
Rowe, Estavia M Colin Powell Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Rudd, Deborah K Spring Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $91,914.00
Rupert, Anne M Robinson Secondary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $71,147.00
Rupert, Gregory A Westfield High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $91,914.00
Rupert, Michelle D Dogwood Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $41,713.00
Salas, Johanna K Mount Vernon Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $46,756.00
Salehi, Ava Forestdale Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Salvi, Rosemary B Lake Braddock Secondary Music Teacher, MS $79,377.00
Sapp, Kevin D Kilmer Middle Music Teacher, MS $68,679.00
Savage, Jessica J Westgate Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $12,604.00
Sayle, John-David P South County Middle Music Teacher, MS $54,159.00
Scheetz, Amanda R Cardinal Forest Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,299.00
Scher, Nicole R Baileys Upper Elem Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,995.00
Schermer, Jaime L Rolling Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $20,401.00
Schick, Jennifer K Ravensworth Elementary Music Teacher, ES $14,721.00
Schick, Naomi A Franklin Middle Music Teacher, MS $79,376.00
Schraa, Stacy W Providence Elementary Music Teacher, ES $81,728.00
Schubert, Victoria J Westgate Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,957.00
Schultz, Marian S Colvin Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $92,983.00
Schultz, Meredith L Dogwood Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,632.00
Schwoyer, Chelsea A Aldrin Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $53,307.00
Scott, Linda G Groveton Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Seifried, Laura M Union Mill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $66,734.00
Seipp, Kelsey R Brookfield Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $48,206.00
Sengstack, Anna M Lanier Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $51,003.00
Sennett, Eric J Timber Lane Elementary Music Teacher, ES $68,679.00
Sexton, Lucinda J Daniels Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $83,262.00
Shapiro, Christina E Greenbriar East Elementary Music Teacher, ES $35,754.00
Shealy, Amanda R Woodlawn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $49,070.00
Shelfo, Kerri L Lane Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $30,626.00
Shook, Stephen R Glasgow Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $81,728.00
Siddons, Joyce G Fairhill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $88,189.00
Simpson, Peggy E Hunt Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,771.00
Singletary, Kristen G Oak View Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Smith, Brian C Hunters Woods Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,305.00
Smith, Daniel P Great Falls Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Smith, Heather M Coates Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,957.00
Smith, Janis M Laurel Ridge Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Smith, Kristin L Cherry Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,125.00
Smith, Larissa A Edison High Music Teacher, HS $52,125.00
Smith, Shane T Washington Mill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Smith, Starlet A McLean High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,206.00
Solis, Heidi S Bull Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,803.00
Son, Bo Min Longfellow Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $47,447.00
Sorensen, Nathaniel E Glen Forest Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $55,210.00
Sowers, Rebecca D Aldrin Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,253.00
Spalletta, Ashley L Canterbury Woods Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,003.00
Specketer, Robert C Hayfield Secondary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $48,205.00
Stacks, Marguerite P Cub Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $87,522.00
Staley, Keri C Marshall High Music Teacher, HS $49,070.00
Stanley, Sarah E Hughes Middle Music Teacher, MS $46,756.00
Stanley, Tanya L Forest Edge Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,206.00
Stansbery, Robert G Lynbrook Elementary Music Teacher, ES $72,221.00
Steffens, Kyle Marie Churchill Road Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $89,117.00
Stensrud, Matthew J Annandale Terrace Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Stephansky, Joyce A Stratford Landing Elementary Music Teacher, ES $29,958.00
Stine, Daniel Fox Mill Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $88,189.00
Stowe, Jessica L Laurel Ridge Elementary Music Teacher, ES $70,687.00
Stratil, Kelly A White Oaks Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $81,728.00
Streavig, Ashton E Kings Glen Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Stubbs, Laura K Coates Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Su, Anita Lemon Road Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $23,378.00
Sullivan, Joshua S Sangster Elementary Music Teacher, ES $58,642.00
Swansen, Lindsey Weyanoke Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Swift, Marci L Kilmer Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,734.00
Tagge, Marianne Parklawn Elementary Music Teacher, ES $85,686.00
Tanner, Alexandra Willow Springs Elementary Music Teacher, ES $37,405.00
Tarr, Marsha J Franklin Sherman Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $95,152.00
Taylor, Holly A Deer Park Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $25,940.00
Taylor, Mark A Stone Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $68,595.00
Thompson, Kathy L Woodson High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $66,734.00
Tierney, Ann M Aldrin Elementary Music Teacher, ES $72,720.00
Tiesler, Anna H Centreville Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Tomko, Theresa M Dranesville Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $82,273.00
Tompkins, Rodney W Saratoga Elementary Music Teacher, ES $62,788.00
Touzinsky, Alexandra K Herndon High Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,205.00
Trillet, Patricia E Lees Corner Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $64,850.00
Turshen, Deirdre G Lemon Road Elementary Music Teacher, ES $85,686.00
Twaddell, Julia J Carson Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $49,070.00
Tyler, Jeremiah J Virginia Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,632.00
Tympanick, Wayne Kent Gardens Elementary Music Teacher, ES $86,452.00
Tynch, Bonny M Cunningham Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $63,023.00
Utell, Michael P Woodburn Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $61,253.00
Utell, Vanessa J Mantua Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,253.00
Vanhorne, Katherine L Willow Springs Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $72,757.00
Vanslyke, Dana H Herndon High Music Teacher, HS $81,728.00
VanValkenburg, Holly J Kings Glen Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $36,752.00
Vaughn, Patrick F Poe Middle Music Teacher, MS $55,299.00
Vierra, Alice J Orange Hunt Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $33,367.00
Wagner, Mary L Sangster Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $49,343.00
Waldrop, Jane B Clearview Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,880.00
Walker, Jacob R Falls Church High Music Teacher, HS $48,632.00
Walker, Josephine A Centre Ridge Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,206.00
Walker, Nicholas A Mason Crest Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $46,756.00
Wallace, Matthew D Deer Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,801.00
Walsh, Laura F Centreville Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,586.00
Ward, Elizabeth A Pine Spring Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,307.00
Ward, Gwendolyn D Halley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $96,902.00
Ward, Jeffrey J Lake Anne Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Ward, Scot R Springfield Estates Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $52,530.00
Warr, Jessica Bonnie Brae Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,755.00
Watson, Sarah R Riverside Elementary Music Teacher, ES $52,530.00
Weber, Ellena A White Oaks Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,025.00
Weiner, Michael H Hutchison Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Weingartner, Jennifer E Little Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $54,943.00
Weiss, Jennifer J Twain Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $53,307.00
Westergren, Beverly J Chesterbrook Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Whelan-Morin, Benjamin P Riverside Elementary Music Teacher, ES $61,253.00
White, Darrow E Kent Gardens Elementary Music Teacher, ES $80,847.00
Wilkerson, Mary L Hybla Valley Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $55,299.00
Willard, Jennifer L South County Middle Music Teacher, MS $55,298.00
Willard, Sara M Hybla Valley Elementary Music Teacher, ES $47,447.00
Williams, Justin C Willow Springs Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $48,632.00
Williams, Kelley L Whitman Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $57,069.00
Willie, Jordan N Lorton Station Elementary Music Teacher, ES $48,995.00
Wilson, Pamela s Oak View Elementary Music Teacher, ES $70,687.00
Wilson-Morgan, Denise A Kings Park Elementary Music Teacher, ES $86,452.00
Wisinski, Jillian M Wolftrap Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $23,378.00
Witman, Donald L Timber Lane Elementary Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $86,654.00
Woodill, Juliana C Lanier Middle Music Teacher, MS $49,070.00
Woods, Margaret M Fairfax Ridge Itinerant Music, Band, Teacher $33,367.00
Woods, Megan S Wakefield Forest Elementary Music Teacher, ES $53,307.00
Worrell, Joshua L Hollin Meadows Elementary Music Teacher, ES $46,756.00
Wuhrman, Christine L Little Run Elementary Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $13,735.00
Wygal, Ruth E Bull Run Elementary Music Teacher, ES $78,197.00
Wyler, Alicia M Oakton Elementary Music Teacher, ES $51,801.00
Yacovissi, Heather J Thoreau Middle Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher $69,971.00
Yoerges, Jacqueline Rose Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $83,262.00
Youkeles, Mimi S Oakton Elementary Music Teacher, ES $79,377.00
Young, Angela C Willow Springs Elementary Music Teacher, ES $70,687.00
Zargarpur, Lisa A Fort Hunt Elementary Music Teacher, ES $55,694.00
Zenk, Michelle L Chesterbrook Elementary Music Teacher, ES $50,002.00
Zerbo, Tammy S Spring Hill Elementary Music Teacher, ES $11,918.00

they don't work for free

Posted by: FormerTreasurer ()
Date: December 10, 2014 12:11AM

I have been on both sides of the fence and I applaud Barb (or whoever s/he is) in her efforts. I don't agree with all her positions, but I am glad she is speaking her mind.

In my children's early school years, I watched as other volunteers handled the money and wondered, given the lack of reporting, just where the money was going.

I volunteered as the treasurer of a booster group to find out. I found the group had built up a nice little nest egg. Only part of that nest egg was justified. I also discovered the appropriate level of reserve funds the group should hold (you do need some for cash flow purposes), and documented that for those to follow. Generally, I found that the volunteers where trying to do the right thing by the students as well as the teachers, even though they didn't always succeed.

I was a booster treasurer when these FOIA requests started. Yes, the FOIAs and their impact on our procedures were problematic. I believe some of our practices had been developed in part to take administrative workload off the teachers but in taking on that workload we did an end-run around the cumbersome procedures that had made that workload so onerous. Going back to the way things are supposed to function under FCPS rules was not something I wanted to do, as a volunteer.

I have a hard time seeing why anyone would want to run a booster organization at all anymore. It certainly is going to be more work for a smaller benefit to the program. The pendulum is swinging the other way and I predict it won't be long before the teacher is doing all the work again.

Maybe that's the price we pay for appropriate oversight and transparency. At least, I hope oversight and transparency is what we get out of all this -- but I'm not holding my breath.

Date: December 10, 2014 12:15AM

P.S. to the person posting the junk to "bug the shit out of her:"

Please stop being a jerk. I want to read this thread and don't appreciate your obstructing that.

If you don't want to see it, don't open the thread.
--

Posted by: the troll ()
Date: December 10, 2014 06:22AM

^^^^The troll takes no issue with factual information being posted or the intent behind it. The troll has known Barb for years and can't stand the way she treats people. If Barb sticks to just the facts without the shouting, name-calling, bullying, and general bitchiness, the troll will refrain from trolling. If Barb continues in her current vein of being an all-around obnoxious c-word, the troll's cut/paste keys will get a nice little workout.

Posted by: senza sordino..... ()
Date: December 10, 2014 08:07AM

FormerTreasurer Wrote:
> P.S. to the person posting the junk to "bug the
> shit out of her:"
>
> Please stop being a jerk. I want to read this
> thread and don't appreciate your obstructing
> that.
>
> If you don't want to see it, don't open the
> thread.
> --

Thank you.

I know the FOIA requests were a lot of work. But, FOIA is the law, and it is there for a reason. So that we all have the access to open records that we are entitled to, the access that was denied to me numerous times. The access that can help prevent things like The Spreadsheets and other horrible things, like teachers ordering parents to write large checks to Booster clubs that they might not be required to write. Like Booster officers sending out bills for $250 when they don't have the right to do so, sending out emails pressuring parents to pay up, even talking about collections.

FCPS made a huge mistake turning public funds over to volunteer groups in the first place. Even the Deputy remarked in writing to the Booster officers that it never should have been done this way. I think with the new technology and grooming of procedures the money and records can be processed in a safe, efficient way in an attempt to minimize the impact on staff. There WILL be an impact, however. There is simply no justification in this day and age for student and public records to be kept on personal computers and stored in attics, basements, and garages all over the county. Public funds should not be processed in volunteer bank accounts. Period. End of discussion on that.

Troll-You don't like the way I treat people? I was treated like a piece of crap. For refusing to give up my rights. Probably by you, as well as others. A whole bunch of people out there think if you just bully somebody around they will shut up and submit to giving up their rights and letting people take advantage of parents and have their way with money entrusted to them by naïve parents. You are probably one of them. Your attitude is a prime example of why the money and records need to be maintained in protected systems with trained, objective staff. Staff whose job review depends on them doing their work properly. In accounts that are heavily insured in case they don't. And Troll, if you are a staff member, I think you need to retire. Right now. You should not be dealing with public money and children. You are obviously suffering from a very severe psychological disorder.

There are a lot of people, both staff and parents, who are overly emotionally involved and not thinking this through and looking at it objectively. And there are also a lot of people who would be the first to sue the school system or a Booster club if things were not handled according to the school regulations and the laws of Virginia. We were there in a very big way when I couldn't get trip records and some other things, and with the way the fees were being determined and assessed. I spent hours up in the Penthouse on Gatehouse working this through with senior management and the Business staff. I also spent three hours with my School Board rep. All unpaid hours, I might add. I saw a huge problem affecting thousands of students and their parents that needed to be fixed. I saw some deeply entrenched very bad habits that did not comply with the regulations and State laws. I saw millions of dollars being processed off the public record and in potential danger. Dollars taken from families. I have spent hundreds of hours going over reports and documents to identify problems and protect families (and staff). Because somebody had to do it.

All that matters in a situation like that is what are the written regulations, laws, etc. That is what the legal system looks for. That is what you have to support your situation. And that is what I had. Multiple school regulations and state laws that conflicted with current school procedures. The Fee Notice had a $50 limit on Band that had been that way for years. That obviously wasn't going to work. Some school regulations needed to be updated badly, but still applied in certain aspects. The school regulations and state laws are there to protect our children and our families.

I never threatened anybody's job. All I have done is point out to the staff and the public that staff are required to follow state laws and school regulations, and use proper money management practices. Their licenses depend on that. If they are feeling libeled and slandered and everything else that they are crying about I think they need to take a look at what they have been doing. Threatening me won't fix what they have been doing. That is nothing but an immature attempt to transfer the blame for their actions to someone else and scare somebody into shutting up so they can continue to do things this way. It won't work.

We didn't do names last year but we are this year because there are obviously a lot of people who are trying to undermine the new procedures and systems or who weren't paying attention or whatever. Cut it out. You can discuss, argue, whatever, but don't try and circumvent the procedures and systems that they are trying to put in place to protect families and staff. I personally think this is taking way too long, which is why I am telling people to refuse to write checks for trips to Booster clubs. It is just too much money and liability. They have been wandering around on these issues since September of 2010. Enough is enough. You have a right to a properly insured bank account and people who are properly insured to handle this kind of money.

There are also some staff who I feel have overstepped their authority. When you demand an $800 trip as part of your course, tell kids they can't go on a school trip unless they sell fruit and knock on doors begging for money, when you won't let them earn a letter unless they knock on doors begging for money, tell kids that their private teacher they have using for years isn't good enough, allow Boosters to do things like bully parents and treat them poorly because they chose to not join a Booster club, order parents to write "voluntary commitment payment" checks to Boosters and all the other ridiculous things that I have seen.....you need to be talked to. One group was even talking about making parents who didn't volunteer give them money instead. They don't have the right to do that. Atrocious.

And if there are typos I really don't care. I haven't had my coffee yet.

Anybody call Madison yet?????????????

Posted by: senza sordino.... ()
Date: December 10, 2014 10:27AM

I had asked my Booster club for trip records about September of 2010. I was denied those. They didn't like me. I called my cluster Superintendent. I started to FOIA my trips in early 2011. I should have been able to get those records in 12 working days. In early 2011. I met with the School Board about March of 2011. I got ugly up in the Penthouse in October 2011. I got some of the records in January of 2012. Yes, January of 2012.

We have come a long way with this. It has been quite a struggle.

So, if you are upset, take it up with the original problematic Booster group and the staff who jumped in bed with them instead of doing their jobs. And that is exactly what they did. They made fun of me and yelled at me and ignored me instead of doing their jobs. That was an incredibly bad idea. They clung to a lot of unsupported fantasies instead of looking at their responsibilities as the custodian of public records created and held by an outside party (at their request). Another incredibly bad idea. They were supposed to have those records in their systems. They didn't. Another incredibly bad idea. They were also the sponsor of the activities in question, which means as the custodian, producing records is their responsibility. They were also supposed to be closely watching over all these transactions all these years. They weren't, at least not consistently. An incredibly bad idea.

I think Booster clubs play a vital role in supporting these programs, but handling public funds and records without supervision is not in their job description. It never was.

If people are treated properly, if they know that public funds are taken care of with respect and responsibility, that problems will be addressed quickly and politely (NOT after six months or more of stalling-are you reading this, Gatehouse?), they will be generous with their time and money and continue to support these wonderful programs.

Why anybody would want to turn $700 or more over to a Booster club who doesn't have to release detailed records to you if they don't like you I will never know. The school system didn't like me either but they coughed up a mountain of records and I spent hours with them going over them. That is what open government is all about. Don't be afraid of these processes. We accomplished some major stuff by working through all of this.

The longer people stall around on these processes and changes the more it costs the taxpayers in salary, problems to be fixed, etc.

Anybody call Madison yet?

I have several more schools to go. Hey, I am a volunteer.
Attachments:
boosterletterdrmoniuszko122011.pdf

Posted by: foia ()
Date: December 10, 2014 10:58AM

LOVE FOIA can we get them for pw?

Date: December 10, 2014 10:59AM

foia Wrote:
> LOVE FOIA can we get them for pw?

Who is "we" what is "them" and what is "pw"?

Posted by: foia forever ()
Date: December 10, 2014 12:12PM

Here. You can all argue about this.

The school system delegated their work to volunteers. School regulations say staff can't transfer their liabilities to volunteers. That is one reason why the MOU was such a bad idea.

The school system also is required to have a lot of information in their records for school-sponsored activities. And that includes records of who paid what. So, if somebody else has the records, the school system is still the custodian of the records, so FOIA is their problem. This is why they were pulling records from Booster groups.

Any action of a public official is public record. When a teacher directs money to be given to a Booster club (like "voluntary commitment payments" "Booster fees [of which there shouldn't be any]" and all the other ridiculous terms), particularly for a school-sponsored activity, that is an action of a public official. They aren't supposed to be directing parents to pay money to a Booster club. Period. When a school system allows volunteers to collect money, whether it is called donations/contributions/whatever specifically for a school-sponsored activity and put it into a volunteer account first, and then accepts a big check from them, instead of requiring individual checks, when they are required to have detailed records in their systems... oh this is such a mess.......Volunteers don't really have the right to ask parents for money for school-sponsored activities. They are a separate corporation. They don't have anything to do with the school system. These aren't even their transactions. The trips in particular are contracts between the school system and the parents, NOT the school system and the Booster clubs. They can accept money from Booster clubs to help fund, but the contract is between the school system and each individual parent. That is what I kept telling the school officials. I didn't see a Booster club name on the permission forms I signed. I saw the school system's name. And they turned their back on me.

Write the checks to the school directly for anything school-sponsored. Summer camps, trips, anything associated with trips, class fees, uniform rental, etc. Keep the liability where it belongs. Hold them accountable.
Attachments:
foiacustodianopinion.pdf

Posted by: pot.... ()
Date: December 10, 2014 02:37PM

the troll Wrote:
> ^^^^The troll takes no issue with factual
> information being posted or the intent behind it.
> The troll has known Barb for years and can't stand
> the way she treats people. If Barb sticks to just
> the facts without the shouting, name-calling,
> bullying, and general bitchiness, the troll will
> refrain from trolling. If Barb continues in her
> current vein of being an all-around obnoxious
> c-word, the troll's cut/paste keys will get a nice
> little workout.

Kettle, you are black.

Posted by: senza sordino ......... ()
Date: December 10, 2014 04:54PM

This is exactly why you don't want to give large checks to a Booster club. There is no screening or supervisory process.

You could very well be turning your money into an untreated undiagnosed psychopathic schizophrenic.

I dealt with several of those.

Posted by: YNuGD ()
Date: December 10, 2014 05:05PM

If you don't like The Plan, put your kid in private school.
illegal bills
very unsavory stuff
Shame on you
You should know better. Shame on you.
Staff can go to jail.
You people all need to hush up
gouging parents
QUIT WHINING AND COMPLAINING
cut that crap out.
It hurts everybody when you drive up to school in your Lexus
Get over it.
put your kid in Flint Hill or Madeira.
quit being difficult.
you just have to adjust your expectations and goals down a little.
quit wasting the time of the school officials with arrogant testing of the system.
there is probably more of this going on under the surface and off the record and behind the scenes.
we are all in the implementation phase of things.
raise Holy Hell. Immediately.
slush fund.
I think a lot of people just went totally overboard and got out of line
I think a lot of them don't care about doing what is right
They just want to be difficult and obnoxious
When people act like that it is usually for a reason.
I think there are some groups who are trying to skirt around the new system.
Whatever. It's just a Booster group. You don't run the world.
I am immune to the likes of you.
your arguments are futile.
loved the part about contacting the sheriff if a party ignores a court order
except for the Slush Fund problem
people who are doing shady stuff
Where the heck are you going to send the sheriff
It was impossible to press charges
we still needed critical records
I have never seen so many confused people in my life.
what went on was not appropriate.
there is still no excuse for what happened.
This whole thing smells fishy. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Just sayin'....
I am seeing a lot of efforts to circumvent the new processes
nasty stuff that went on.
Boosters also will no longer have to resort to ugly tactics
There were very obvious problems.
people are violating state and Federal laws
There were a lot of staff who were totally asleep.
This is utterly ridiculous.
should not be putting stuff out that is against the state and federal laws, violating school regulations
teachers just missed a lot of stuff.
You can't assume that a certain program is fine.
staff were not paying attention, or were choosing to ignore what they were told to do.
That is really, really, really bad.
it was totally off the wall.
They win the arrogance award.
Dr. Moniuszko, you're the best
very sad that the very people who are supposed to care about the children and families and doing their jobs properly
I didn't do anything.
You can pick from the Booster group who refused to release public records and publicly treated me like trash (and one of them verbally abused my child and made them cry), played games with trip money, the teacher(s) and administrator(s) who allowed this to happen, the school personnel who didn't know a public record from a hole in the wall, the Booster attorney who was encouraging their atrocious, abusive behavior and was totally obnoxious and threatening me inappropriately.
I am not tolerating any attitude from anybody.
DO NOT GIVE THEM ONE DOLLAR. Because they are probably acting like this for some not very good reasons.
And people who are being denied public records and records on financial transactions that they made with a Booster group have every right in the world to get very, very ugly.
Quit whining.
Justify what this was for. NOW.
WHY? That takes a lot of nerve.
These are problems for the school administrators to work out. I am staying out of it.
it was clear that things were not being monitored consistently.
I have demanded answers, for all of you
I am standing very, very firm.
Just shut them down and run all the money through the school system. THAT is what you do to people you are really ticked at.
We chuckled about a few other things regarding this.
why has this all been going on, and unless somebody reviews these, how is it going to get caught and corrected?
Why weren't a lot of the teachers doing this? Some of them were at the parent meetings where very inappropriate actions were being discussed.
violated school regulations, state and/or Federal laws,
inappropriate bill
I spent about 7 hours with senior level administrators
You never know when this is going to happen again. It happens all over the country. Every day.
Some of the school personnel also yelled at me and made fun of me in front of large groups
something is still seriously missing.
Why are people ignoring what they were told to do and NOT do?
It is NOT about anybody's ego. GET OVER IT.
so figure it out. NOW. Because you are being held accountable. All of you.
there are/were a LOT of people who aren't paying for their kids.
Who isn't paying for their kids? WHY?
You also sent a bill for it. You don't have the authority to do that.
How would you feel if you had two or three kids in this program, could barely afford it as it was, and then you were sent an inappropriate bill
You might actually be able to bill the parents for more
PAY UP. Keep your kid home. Plan. Do something. But, QUIT BEING FREELOADERS!!!
You are greedy, selfish, unrealistic moochers who think you are entitled to have a free ride, is what you are.

I do find it very interesting how people who are sending families bills for $230+ when they don't even have the right to do that don't seem to be a problem.
And there are quite a few programs that are not charging anywhere near what they could charge,
Somebody please explain to me how soaking families and children for money that you are not legally entitled to is NOT harmful,
You just can't send out a bill to parents for it.
Booster clubs don't have the right to send out bills
If you don't like it, put your kid in private school or go work in a private school.
you are screwing around with all this
So quit playing games. You are wasting their valuable time. I am not.
they all are being taken advantage of.
renounce your citizenship and get out of this country. Sooner rather than later.
violates school regulations, state, or Federal laws, it has to be squared away. And there was a LOT of that.
quit with the lame excuses when you are caught in the act doing this stuff.
Put your kid in private school.
You rebellious types can probably keep a good bit of this
not correct things when you violate public school regulations, etc.
This is not a scandal, but something that just needed to be fixed.
violations of school policy.
This was set up with Dr. Moniuszko when I told him I had seen enough messing around
Ask RM. We have discussed this extensively.
FCPS is not in charge of Booster organizations, and Booster organizations can't be in charge of FCPS activities. This has gotten very mixed up over the years.
Ask RM.
never really should have been managed the way they were for so many years. It did not follow written policy and state laws, or common sense
I could care less. Really.
QUIT BLAMING IT ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!! If you people started doing these, whatever happens is your own fault. Grow up!
The following groups will be identified in a separate thread if their issues don't get straightened out by Jan 15th
give the staff anything they need to fix this. RIGHT NOW.
This is a bare minimum list. I might add more.
You explain yourselves to the school system and your parents if you haven't already. Immediately. Quit playing games, folks!
when you are dealing with groups of parents scattered all over the county, that is a huge problem,
You people were eating it for a lot of scofflaws. As well as paying for the FRM kids.
The voice of reason.
you have until January 15th. Start coughing up some records. Now.
This is no time to be nice.
There should be no excuses this year. It is actually getting worse. They are getting more creative at dodging the requirements. I saw a lot of that. Hence, the deadline.
You never know when some of the accounting people can BE the problem. Watch out. Some of them like Dirty Little Secrets.
Time's up all around. Wrap it up. January 15th.
renounce your citizenship and move out of the country and make more room for us in the Land of the Free.
January 15th! These bills and issues are public records.
The true losers are the people who selfishly screwed over thousands of parents and children with their games over the years.
This is far more interesting and rewarding than watching Reality TV.
If people are going to continue to put out this trash, I will continue to look.
I think you people are getting hysterical for no reason.
January 15th!!!
Explain yourselves. Right here. I challenge you.
misuse of funds is not the point.
And if I don't hear how this was explained by January 15th, the names will be posted
There is nothing inflammatory about that, nothing insulting
As far as outing, the four groups in question have been handling public funds.
Why do you people want to put the licenses of the teachers and administrators in jeopardy?
Have fun with this one!!!!!!!!!!
all that matters is whether the existing laws and regulations were followed
Please treat these school officials with respect
Working out the details on just the Final Four is a ton of work.
The other areas are on their own. I could care less.
Get to work fixing the numbers and details. January 15th.
I don't mean to blackmail people, but most of the problems were reported in Sept/Oct.
I am merely setting a deadline.
I am not accusing anybody of anything.
get this worked out by January 15th. This is very basic stuff.
staff can't walk away from their responsibilities in this type of situation. So, team up and straighten this out.
You can't go sending out bills for $50,000-$70,000 to parents unless they are completely justified. And they aren't even close. And you are NOT waiting until next year to fix this. You are going to fix it THIS year.
January 15th.
I am giving these groups and schools the chance to work this out without being publicly fingered. The claims could be very defensible.
However, more analysis needs to be done
Right now. I am not accusing anybody of anything. I am merely pointing out that there might be problems.
right to go to Small Claims court,
January 15th. I am sure some of this will be fine. Some, maybe not.

Posted by: Now I Get It ()
Date: December 10, 2014 07:42PM

She must be on to something, people - FCPS issuing new, tighter regulations that cover all of this, effective January 2015.

Posted by: xs ()
Date: December 10, 2014 08:06PM

who a sweetie?

Date: December 11, 2014 01:19AM

Troll --

Thank you for explaining your utterly juvenile behavior.

I am a grown-up and I can deal with Barb's personality
without resorting to being an asshole myself.

I ask that you try to do the same.

the troll Wrote:
> ^^^^The troll takes no issue with factual
> information being posted or the intent behind it.
> The troll has known Barb for years and can't stand
> the way she treats people. If Barb sticks to just
> the facts without the shouting, name-calling,
> bullying, and general bitchiness, the troll will
> refrain from trolling. If Barb continues in her
> current vein of being an all-around obnoxious
> c-word, the troll's cut/paste keys will get a nice
> little workout.

Date: December 11, 2014 06:55AM

FormerTreasurer Wrote:
> Troll --
>
> Thank you for explaining your utterly juvenile
> behavior.
>
> I am a grown-up and I can deal with Barb's
> personality
> without resorting to being an asshole myself.
>
> I ask that you try to do the same.
>
>

Thank you Former Treasurer. You try dealing with schizo people like this for 3+ years while you are handing them huge checks for public transactions that were supposed to be handled by a STAFF MEMBER, that you thought were being handled by a STAFF MEMBER, that you contracted with a STAFF MEMBER for, and then get no support from the school system on THEIR transactions when things go very wrong, and have a STAFF MEMBER bring in a lawyer friend of theirs to help out the Boosters and threaten you when you ask the "wrong questions", and have STAFF members laugh at you, ignore you, and yell at you.

And then I have had to listen to "there was nothing wrong because the money stayed in our/their Booster bank account and went for things we/they wanted to do" when it was supposed to be in the bank accounts of the FAMILIES. It's always fine when it is in YOUR bank account for something YOU want to do. No problem!?

There's nothing wrong with MY behavior or personality. I think it is pretty normal considering everything. So do a lot of other people.

Put payments for school-sponsored stuff directly into a school account. Immediately. DO NOT write checks to a Booster club for school trips or anything else. Just refuse. DO NOT fall for the contribution/donation/voluntary commitment payment lines when you are purchasing school-sponsored activities. Pull records, ask questions, demand answers. Immediately. Because if you put what should be public funds into a Booster account, when things go wrong with the public transactions, and they already did, the school system will do absolutely nothing to help you. Your Booster officers might not, either. I lived it and I have 500+ pages of problems to prove it. This should have been fixed a LONG time ago.

Am I supposed to throw some "alleged" stuff in here somewhere to keep "Warning" happy? OK I "allege" that it is December 11, 2014. There.

And I used caps lock because I want to.

Posted by: senza sordino...... ()
Date: December 11, 2014 07:58AM

Oh, and get the money that is fundraised by your children put into a school account, also, or you might find it going toward a conference in Aruba that is "essential to the success of your program". And then pull records. And ask questions.

Posted by: senza sordino....... ()
Date: December 11, 2014 08:03AM

senza sordino...... Wrote:
> Oh, and get the money that is fundraised by your
> children put into a school account, also, or you
> might find it going toward a conference in Aruba
> that is "essential to the success of your
> program". And then pull records. And ask
> questions.

Or they might just hand out cash directly to the participants. Right in front of you. Like gift cards.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: December 11, 2014 11:50AM

All,

201 flooded garbage messages by a Comcast Business User in Arlington, VA were just removed from this thread. 26 other posts from this same author had some hint of legitimacy and were allowed to remain.

Responses to these flooded messages were preserved, which may no longer make sense without the proper context.

The user responsible for this flood has been banned.

- Cary (the admin)

Date: December 11, 2014 04:39PM

senza sordino....... Wrote:
> senza sordino...... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh, and get the money that is fundraised by
> your
> > children put into a school account, also, or
> you
> > might find it going toward a conference in
> Aruba
> > that is "essential to the success of your
> > program". And then pull records. And ask
> > questions.
>
>
>
> Or they might just hand out cash directly to the
> participants. Right in front of you. Like gift
> cards.

Or they might give out iPads, etc., or send money to a college instead of putting it into your music program. Lot of good it does there for the high school.

Posted by: G. F. Handel ()
Date: December 11, 2014 07:37PM

Cary Wrote:
> All,
>
> 201 flooded garbage messages by a Comcast Business
> User in Arlington, VA were just removed from this
> thread. 26 other posts from this same author had
> some hint of legitimacy and were allowed to
> remain.
>
> Responses to these flooded messages were
> preserved, which may no longer make sense without
> the proper context.
>
> The user responsible for this flood has been
> banned.
>
> - Cary (the admin)

(Messiah- Novello edition)

18. Rejoice greatly, Oh daughter of Zion
23. He was despised
27. All they that see him laugh him to scorn
29. Thy rebuke hath broken his heart (!)
30. Behold, and see if there be any sorrow (?)
32. But thou didst not leave his soul in Hell (why not?)
37. The Lord gave the word
39. Their sound is gone out (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
43. Thou shalt break them (!)
44. Hallelujah
47. Behold I tell you a mystery
51. But thanks be to God (!)

Merry Christmas.

Posted by: intro to public records ()
Date: December 12, 2014 07:27AM

Today we are going to have a little basic class on public records. I am sure "Warning" will want to argue and threaten me and talk about "allege" and everything else.

A-Definition of public record. Recorded information documenting a transaction or activity by or with any public officer, agency, or employee of state government or its political subdivisions. Teachers, principals, etc. fit the definition. Did the agency require creation or submission and maintenance of the document? If yes, the document is a public record. Keeping track of who paid what when a school official tells students' parents to pay something because their kid signed up for a class or school activity looks to fit the description, among all the other things.

B-This is what happens when public agencies can't/don't produce records they are supposed to be able to produce.

C-This is what happens when a public agency who is the custodian of some public records has a hard time getting records from a party who has them. Common sense (what is that?) would indicate if the public agency wants them and the party won't give them up, they are no longer authorized to have them, so this applies.

D-This is what can happen if this party is really uncooperative. You too can have a big guy wearing a hat and a gun show up at your doorstep.

Now here is some major public records dirt-we had a situation three years ago. My Superintendent and Principal knew they/I had access problems with my old group. They took trips away from them. They then gave them another one to process anyway. I asked about access plans. There weren't any! I met with my Superintendent, Principal, and AP in the Penthouse on Gatehouse after the trip, told them I wanted to see THEIR trip records, told them more than once that their job was to hold out THEIR hand and demand them and then hand them over to ME. That WAS their job. I flat out told them I was going to FOIA the records. There then supposedly was a meeting with the Principal and the Booster officers about this situation. I couldn't get records from the school system after that meeting. I still could not get them from the Boosters. Anybody want to guess what happened at that meeting? Did the Principal not understand it was their responsibility to obtain the records and give them to me, even after I told them very clearly that it was? (It WAS!) Did the Boosters refuse to release them to the Principal? Were they all still clinging to the fantasy that these weren't public records and it was my problem to obtain them (and of course the Booster lawyer who was the friend of a staff member might factor in here somewhere)? I have never seen such confused people in my life. I have no idea where the Division Counsel fit into this mess. Somewhere about this time I talked with my County Supervisor who called the County Attorney who supposedly called the Division Counsel and the School Board was notified of all this. I can only imagine the conversation.........And I have all of this in writing. Public record.

And then I spent another school year watching the school staff and the Boosters chum around together. They were still really good buddies. And the School Board knew all about it. And they all wanted to contract with this group and others to do more of this stuff (MOU).

Did you follow this?

And you all wonder why I am the way I am, why "Warning" doesn't scare me, and why things are changing.......
Attachments:
publicrecords.pdf

Posted by: attention percussion! ()
Date: December 12, 2014 04:48PM

Ok the FOIA office is hopelessly confused. I asked about why Madison was charging an extra percussion fee for Marching Band and who gave them permission to do that. They came back with because they charge an extra percussion fee for Marching Band. Give me strength....

The fee is PER SEMESTER. Marching Band is part of the Band classes. No other school that I found charged a third fee, one even said it wasn't allowed.

Tell you what-everybody call Keith Taylor on Monday 571-423-4538. Because if they can do this, everybody should be doing this.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: December 12, 2014 05:43PM

attention percussion! Wrote:
> Ok the FOIA office is hopelessly confused. I asked
> about why Madison was charging an extra percussion
> fee for Marching Band and who gave them permission
> to do that. They came back with because they
> charge an extra percussion fee for Marching Band.
> Give me strength....
>
> The fee is PER SEMESTER. Marching Band is part of
> the Band classes. No other school that I found
> charged a third fee, one even said it wasn't
> allowed.
>
> Tell you what-everybody call Keith Txxx on
> Monday 571-xxx-xxxx. Because if they can do this,
> everybody should be doing this.

You are out of control. Encouraging the anonymous public to harass FCPS employees is a bit much.

Date: December 12, 2014 06:47PM

^^^^^^^^^^^Actually, from what I have seen, I am one of the few people who IS in control. Boosters OR staff. I cannot believe what people have actually put down on paper and sent out to 200 students plus their parents. But, you can say whatever you want. I could care less.

Posted by: Two drummer boys here ()
Date: December 13, 2014 08:01AM

I just finished putting two boys through eight years of percussion and drum line. I never paid extra for marching band. It was two payments, one each semester.

Posted by: Clueless in ffx ()
Date: December 14, 2014 07:18AM

Now I Get It Wrote:
> She must be on to something, people - FCPS issuing
> new, tighter regulations that cover all of this,
> effective January 2015.

What is this about?

Posted by: senza sordino...West Potomac ()
Date: December 14, 2014 03:22PM

Parents-gotten any refund information yet on that $140 Booster payment?????? Follow up on it. There aren't supposed to be any mandatory payments of this type to Booster groups according to the FAQ's. You have rights here. Lots of them. Like 140. If this was for something school-sponsored it was supposed to run through a school account and has limits on what it can be used for. Gatehouse has had several weeks to figure this out. Ask for an answer. Don't let them stall.

Notice the $140 Booster payment, which wasn't noted as optional, and has zero descriptive terms whatsoever, that was "DUE NOW" (that sounds really optional, doesn't it? don't fall for it-they will try to pull that line on you-they think you are stupid), was to be made to "West Potomac High School Band", adding insult to injury.

Boosters aren't the Band. Or the Orchestra. Or the Chorus. Boosters are a parent group. So, make the checks out accordingly. You have your own name. USE IT.

I am seeing lots and lots of payment confusion. This is a major example. There needs to be some consistency with these, otherwise the money will end up in a different account than what some people expect.
Attachments:
West Potomac Band 2014-2015_Redacted.pdf

Posted by: senza sordino.Centreville Band ()
Date: December 14, 2014 03:31PM

Any word on refunds yet? You also should not have been writing huge checks to a Booster group, according the FAQ's. You were on the Really Messed Up list in a big way. Congratulations. I was even given the wrong information initially. Nice.

Posted by: senza sordino..Woodson Band ()
Date: December 14, 2014 03:40PM

Have "they" worked out any refunds or apologies for "their" behavior yet? I would bet both are a "necessity". You were taken advantage of. Were you all able to unload all those "necessary" Cavalier cards? Are they billing you for anything else that is a "necessity" that you will get your money back for when you sell it? Don't fall for it.

Gatehouse has had a month to figure this out. Ask for a response. You led the Really Messed Up list this year, I think. Congratulations. Although I still have some more schools to go..........

Posted by: donation/payment cautions ()
Date: December 15, 2014 07:43AM

This is why you need to pursue your potential refunds and explanations of what you paid. Don't delay on this.

I asked the school system about several about a few of the "Booster fees, assessments, bills" what have you. Asked why parents were being sent these kinds of bills (as much as $250) when only the school system can charge a fee for classes. State law. Yes, "Warning", STATE LAW. A Booster club demanding money from parents whose child has signed up for a class and not clearly portraying it as optional amounts to charging a fee for a class. It isn't enough to say "come talk to us if you can't afford it". You don't have to pay it under any circumstances.

"Oh, it was optional."

"What was done for the families? I don't see anything optional here."

"Oh, it was optional. Non-payment did not affect the student. This was verified with the staff."

"Show me what is optional here. There is a due date, nothing is said about it being optional. The amount was included in the grand total of what was due, right along with the school fees, which are your bills. Parents are being sent firm reminders that they owe money to Boosters. I have a copy of a notification e-mail. Nothing in here says optional. These people are serious." Some groups were trying to get the school system to help them collect on their fees, etc. Many talked of collections processes. It might not have affected the student, but this sure seemed to be affecting the parents.

"Oh. It was optional. OPTIONAL."

"Please show me something sent to the parents telling them this was optional. Since when does something optional have a due date, be included in a grand total of what is due, and since when do people pursue parents in this manner to pay something that is optional?"

We did this for six months before the parents were properly notified. Yes, SIX MONTHS. More than once. Round and round we went. One group was in the middle of doing the exact same thing the next year when we were still trying to fix the first year, which was very mysterious. That is why I am still following this. Somebody has to. Somebody SHOULD.

Now we are going to talk about donations. Be very careful about the terms of your donations. I made a significant donation for something special in my old group. I was assured in writing if they collected more than they needed, they would contact me and discuss what was to be done with the excess collected. I never heard anything, decided to ask about it, and they refused to show me any supporting documents or even release the final price of the purchase. I showed them the e-mail saying that I would be contacted. They still refused to release records. Told me to come to meetings to talk about it and other things, then they would all heckle me. They made fun of my significant donation. Laughed about it to my face. Ridiculed it. The President wouldn't have the information I asked for at meetings. When I would follow up, they would refuse to release information I asked for. I have that in writing, also.

Turned out they collected more than they needed, didn't bother notifying me, and just kept it. I got records only after the school system Legal department supposedly got on their case. This group pulled the financial transparency clause out of their Bylaws. Do you have a full transparency clause in your Bylaws? Insist on it. Members of a non-profit should generally be able to see what is being done with their money, including contracts and things. These are parent groups. Come on. Can you see what is being done? Are they willing to show you receipts and contracts? I had better luck with the school system. They have produced contracts, receipts, etc. They need to work on a lot of their processes, but they generally produce.

Oh I almost forgot. I am an ass and a few other things.

I don't make too many donations any more. To anybody.

Keep very, very careful records. Ask questions. Demand answers. Don't delay.

****Anybody call Madison (or Keith Taylor) yet? He was listed as the contact person for problems and questions in Dr. Garza's letter. This is not a harassment campaign. You have every right to call him. You pay his salary. That is his job. Something is not right here. The Fee Notice is set in stone. There is absolutely nothing about a separate percussion fee for Marching Band in there.

The rest are not as clear-cut. Somebody needs to pull all the records of what these Booster payments went for.
Attachments:
Draft Music Fee Letter.doc
N5922 070114 (Fees for SY 2014-2015).pdf

Posted by: rit. al fine ()
Date: December 15, 2014 09:47AM

Here is an interesting situation.

Remember, I brought up that chaperones are part of the trip, and required by school regulations. You have to have a certain number of chaperones based on the number of children who travel. Many schools incorporate the cost of the chaperones into the student cost of the trip. Some make the chaperones pay for the privilege of helping out the school system, while they are taking time off from work, making arrangements to care for other children at home in their absence, etc.

South Lakes Chorus makes their chaperones sign a contract saying they will be obligated to pay the TOTAL COST of the trip and they are not entitled to a refund if they are unable to travel for any reason. All payments are non-refundable.

Ok, I don't follow this. If a chaperone has an emergency and cannot travel, somebody has to fill their spot, because they need a certain number of chaperones. Why are VOLUNTEERS being penalized for this? Since when are VOLUNTEERS, who do this out of the goodness of their heart, being penalized because they had an emergency so they could not VOLUNTEER? WHO is processing the money for this trip? It does not say on the form. I would have to research this further.

I am staying out of the IFA's but why are volunteers buying scrip and getting rebates to apply to their trip? If the Boosters are sharing their discount on the scrip by offering it to anybody, then that goes directly into their bank account, right? Why are scrip accounts being set up for volunteers? I don't follow this.

This whole thing is just bizarre to me.
Attachments:
SouthLakesChorusChaperoneform.pdf

Date: December 15, 2014 08:37PM

I am slowly finishing up the remainder of these.

*Lee Chorus-

You have to have a B grade to go on the Spring Trip. Interesting.
Board of Supervisors does not determine the Fee Notice information. It is the School Board.
All fundraisers and Spring trip are optional ( I put that on most of these).

*Lee Orchestra-

All fundraisers and Spring trip are optional. Generic statement.

Thank you for nothing too exciting. I am exhausted.
Attachments:
Lee Chorus2014_15.pdf
Lee H S Orchestra 14 15.pdf

Date: December 15, 2014 08:43PM

Does the fee go to the school or the Boosters? It should go to the school.
Major FARM issues if the fee goes to the Boosters.
TAG Day is optional. All fundraisers are optional.
Attachments:
Stuart 2014-2015 Choir.pdf

Date: December 15, 2014 09:25PM

Stuart Orchestra

The fee is going to the school. Good.
Uniforms are kept in the "Boosters closet". Don't know what that is about. The uniforms are owned by the School Board/system.

Generic comments-

TAG Day is optional.
All fundraisers are optional.
Attachments:
Stuart Orchestra14_15.pdf

Date: December 15, 2014 09:31PM

I was told pre-season was technically optional. I know the deal.
Why is the Concert Band fee going to the Boosters instead of the school????

Generics-

all fundraising is optional, etc. etc. etc.
Attachments:
Stuart Band 2014-2015.pdf

Date: December 15, 2014 09:40PM

TJ Orchestra-I don't see much here. I was told there wasn't a fee. Generics-No Booster fees, no mandatory fundraising, etc.

TJ Chorus-Saw your contribution form. Thank you for being polite. Generics-No other Booster fees, no mandatory fundraising, etc.

Parents, you are on your own. Read the other schools and learn. There has been plenty to grapple with in the Band at TJ. Sorry, Band, but it is your own fault. That "donation" for Orkney was a joke last year.
Attachments:
TJ Orchestra14_15.pdf
TJ Chorus2014_15.pdf

Date: December 16, 2014 06:36PM

Hayfield Band

I have no idea what a "pre-season band booster volunteer rehearsal fee" could possibly be. Both that and the consumables fee are being paid to the school.

I don't think a volunteer in charge of the uniforms should have the final say on damages and things for the uniforms. I think it should be an employee.

All fundraising is optional, spring trip is optional, etc. I saw that the trip money was also going to the school. Good.
Attachments:
Hayfield Band2014_15.pdf

Date: December 16, 2014 07:01PM

**Hayfield Chorus-

Spring trip is optional.
No IFA's.
I still do not grasp the concept of chaperones having to pay to chaperone a school trip (other than picking up a meal on a day trip). Chaperones are as much a part of the trip as the hotel rooms. They are required by the school system. They are helping out the school system. Since when do chaperones have to pay huge sums of money for the privilege of volunteering?

**Hayfield Orchestra-

Same issue with the Chaperones paying to help out the school system on trips. I don't get it.

No IFA's.

Chamber Orchestra looks to be a one credit course if I am reading the course catalog correctly. I didn't think an expensive spring trip could be mandatory for a course. I don't know that private lessons can be mandated, either.
Attachments:
Hayfield Chorus2014_15.pdf
Hayfield Orchestra_Redacted2014_15.pdf

Date: December 16, 2014 07:14PM

The marching fee is maxed out at $300.
Tag Day is optional, NOT required.

Only kids who are in marching band can go on the Spring Trip? Why?

I don't follow the $100 percussion or symphonic band fee that is charged unless the child is in marching band, in which case they have already paid this. I will let Gatehouse figure this one out. The courses and marching band are supposed to be separate, as well as pre-season expenses. This sounds like a one-fee situation.
Attachments:
Edison Band 2014-2015.pdf

Date: December 16, 2014 07:26PM

Edison Chorus-

Spring trip is optional.
No IFA's.
Etc.

Edison Orchestra-

Liked the Enrichment Opportunities list. Liked the Spring Trip is referred to as a separate performance group. That takes the pressure off of a lot of kids (and their parents).
Attachments:
Edison Chorus 2014-2015.pdf
Edison Orchestra2014-15.pdf

Posted by: Chaperones=your kids' safety ()
Date: December 17, 2014 06:26AM

Since chaperones have been brought up again, there was at least one school that in order to save money flew several chaperones down to Florida instead of having them travel with the kids on the busses. They were probably right on the edge of needing an extra bus. They don't usually take extra chaperones along, so my guess is that they were operating with a skeleton crew on the overnight bus ride.

A chaperone at 30,000 feet can't do much good for the children (or the staff) when there is a bus breakdown or accident on the ground.

This was torpedoed by Risk Management after I pointed this out. Wonder why.

Oh. I almost forgot. I am stupid. I don't care about the kids. I don't care about the staff.....

Posted by: WETA ()
Date: December 17, 2014 09:28AM

G. F. Handel Wrote:
> Cary Wrote:
> -----
> > All,
> >
> > 201 flooded garbage messages by a Comcast
> Business
> > User in Arlington, VA were just removed from
> this
> > thread. 26 other posts from this same author
> had
> > some hint of legitimacy and were allowed to
> > remain.
> >
> > Responses to these flooded messages were
> > preserved, which may no longer make sense
> without
> > the proper context.
> >
> > The user responsible for this flood has been
> > banned.
> >
> > - Cary (the admin)
>
> (Messiah- Novello edition)
>
> 18. Rejoice greatly, Oh daughter of Zion
> 23. He was despised
> 27. All they that see him laugh him to scorn
> 29. Thy rebuke hath broken his heart (!)
> 30. Behold, and see if there be any sorrow (?)
> 32. But thou didst not leave his soul in Hell (why
> not?)
> 37. The Lord gave the word
> 39. Their sound is gone out (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
> 43. Thou shalt break them (!)
> 44. Hallelujah
> 47. Behold I tell you a mystery
> 51. But thanks be to God (!)
>
> Merry Christmas.

Bravo.

Date: December 17, 2014 03:08PM

Mount Vernon Band.

No IFA's.
Tag Day is optional.
All fundraisers are optional.
Spring Trip is optional.

The checks that are made out to Mount Vernon High School Bands go to the school. (Remember the check confusion problems.)
Summer rehearsals are priced out separately and paid to the school. Good!

Tux rental is paid to Boosters. Tuxes aren't provided by the Boosters, as stated. Tuxes are provided by the school system and the money for rental of school property should run through a school account.
Attachments:
MVHS Band 2014-2015.pdf

Posted by: rit.al fine ()
Date: December 17, 2014 03:23PM

MVHS Chorus and Orchestra

Somebody put some care and thought into these.
FARM handled nicely.
Donations handled nicely.

Chorus-If a lot of things are being paid for by Boosters maybe you need to up your fees.
Attachments:
MVHS Choral 2014-2015.pdf
MVHS Orchestra 2014-2015.pdf

Date: December 18, 2014 08:27AM

South Lakes Orchestra-

Interesting that your child can only go to the bathroom three times per quarter during class.

This does not say where the course fee goes.

South Lakes Chorus-

Same bathroom policy.
Fees are going to the school.
Kids can still graduate if fees are not paid. Diplomas can't be withheld for non-payment.
The trip chaperone policy is at Gatehouse, hopefully being evaluated. Those terms are ridiculous.

The usual Spring trip/fundraising is optional. No IFA's. etc. for both.
Attachments:
South Lakes Orchestra2014-15.pdf
southlakeschorus2014-15.pdf
SouthLakesChorusChaperoneform.pdf

Date: December 18, 2014 02:44PM

Pre-season is technically optional. The syllabus says it isn't. It says it is "expected". I hate that word. Look, I know they have to do pre-season. I think it has to do with having mandatory classes before school starts. I don't know. The advantage to this being optional is that more money can be charged out separately for it.

TAG Day is optional. All fundraising is optional.

The money information is on FCPS Letterhead. So pretty. So clear. No gimmicks. Was this so hard?

This program is setting aside several thousand dollars for uniforms. Probably somebody needs to figure out if the amount should be calculated out per student or not. It is varying from program to program.

FARM form is being mailed to the Boosters, c/o the teacher. That is an odd arrangement. Why not just mail it to the teacher c/o the school? You don't want any Boosters accessing the FARM form without specific permission is the last I heard when I called Richmond.
Attachments:
Falls Church Band2014-15.pdf

Date: December 18, 2014 02:49PM

*Chorus- TAG Day is optional. Yes, OPTIONAL. Completely totally 100% optional. So are all other fundraisers.
The course fee money is going to the school.

*Orchestra- TAG Day is optional. Yes, OPTIONAL. Completely totally 100% optional, as are all other fundraisers.
No IFA's.
Class fees are going to the school.

Orchestra Boosters do NOT loan or provide the uniforms. There is a contract saying they do. They DON'T. The uniforms belong to the School Board/system. The money for renting them should run through the school. They are public property.
Attachments:
Falls Church Choral Handbook 2014-2015.pdf
fchs-orchestra-handbook-2014-2015.pdf

Posted by: Coda-FC Orchestra ()
Date: December 18, 2014 02:54PM

Students do NOT have to sell four tickets to the pancake breakfast in January, as they were told they were "expected" to do. This is completely entirely 100% optional. I really, REALLY hate the term "expected".

Posted by: Hey Madison percussionists- ()
Date: December 18, 2014 05:04PM

They have been charging you three times ($78) instead of twice ($52) for percussion usage since at least 2009-10. The fee has been $26 per semester ($52 a year) for all those years. They don't have spreadsheets for three of the years, just deposit slips. Percussion is Category B. I am awaiting the arrival of the payment spreadsheets from the other 24 high schools for this year.
Attachments:
JMHS Inst. Rentals FY10-14.pdf

Posted by: Hey Madison percussionists- ()
Date: December 18, 2014 05:30PM

I am counting up 91 checks X $28= $2548.
How many of you put two kids through four years of percussion since 2009?= $208.

It's probably yours!

Posted by: Its Madison Time ()
Date: December 18, 2014 06:09PM

Madison has its own set of rules. You should be paying closer attention

Posted by: Facebook time! ()
Date: December 18, 2014 06:48PM

Its Madison Time Wrote:
> Madison has its own set of rules. You should be
> paying closer attention

Tell the kids to spread the word. I would walk right in there and demand a check or two. They don't have their own set of rules on this.

Posted by: Wonder why ()
Date: December 18, 2014 09:14PM

>your child can only go to the bathroom three times per quarter during class.

>South Lakes Chorus-

>Same bathroom policy.

Maybe it's the same because it's a school-wide policy. Maybe not, but what's the issue? There are 22 class meetings per quarter - three passes seems generous to me.

Have you expanded your scope to include potty breaks? Is there a MOU between boosters and schools for that?

Date: December 19, 2014 06:51AM

Wonder why Wrote:
> >your child can only go to the bathroom three
> times per quarter during class.
>
> >South Lakes Chorus-
>
> >Same bathroom policy.
>
>
> Maybe it's the same because it's a school-wide
> policy. Maybe not, but what's the issue? There
> are 22 class meetings per quarter - three passes
> seems generous to me.

Just thought it was interesting.
>
> Have you expanded your scope to include potty
> breaks? Is there a MOU between boosters and
> schools for that?

The MOU is gone. Past history. A very sad attempt to transfer liability to volunteers and leave parents in the lurch.

Posted by: More Madison records ()
Date: December 19, 2014 07:24AM

Here is the spreadsheet from last year for payments. (The first payment slip is from 2009-10. It isn't dated.) There are probably deposit slips roaming around somewhere with your kids' names on them.

Also posted are the old Fee Notices for each year. Every single one says that these are the only fees that can be charged. Pulled right off of the state laws. These things are critically important.

(Historical note-look at the old music class fees. I pointed out that these were inadequate and they were completely revised, bumping up the allowed fees considerably. I even insisted they clean up the Chorus fees and those were also drastically increased. But, I forgot that I am stupid and hate music programs. Right.)

Madison parents, they are probably going to try to tell you that your payments were optional, voluntary, etc. when you were sent a bill and told your kid couldn't go to Prom or park on campus unless it was paid. Don't fall for it. They will probably also try and tell you that they are "moving forward" and will fix it NEXT year. No. Fix it THIS YEAR. And refund me for all the years you took me to the cleaners is what you say. NOW.

I don't think they were supposed to do this....the amount is small but the principle is huge. Has anybody figured out the statute of limitations on this?
Attachments:
Madison High School_Redacted2013-14perc.pdf
Notice 5922_2009-14.pdf

Posted by: Senza sordino..... ()
Date: December 19, 2014 08:44AM

Its Madison Time Wrote:
> Madison has its own set of rules. You should be
> paying closer attention

Actually, I have been playing very close attention to Madison. They do have some very odd things going on there.

The $250 pay it fundraise it "assessment". (Torpedoed)
The payments for school-sponsored services that are "tax-deductible since they were paid to a 501c3". (Torpedoed)
Pulling kids out of class to fundraise for a private corporation.
The $500 knock your socks off take your breath away "requested donation" for a lot of goods and services. $750 a week on sectionals, $24,000 on food, etc. Quid pro quo!!!!

And now, Marching Band is a third semester. It sure feels like it....

Date: December 19, 2014 08:58AM

Senza sordino..... Wrote:
> Its Madison Time Wrote:
> -----
> > Madison has its own set of rules. You should be
> > paying closer attention
>
> Actually, I have been playing very close attention
> to Madison. They do have some very odd things
> going on there.
>
> The $250 pay it fundraise it "assessment".
> (Torpedoed)
> The payments for school-sponsored services that
> are "tax-deductible since they were paid to a
> 501c3". (Torpedoed)
> Pulling kids out of class to fundraise for a
> private corporation.
> The $500 knock your socks off take your breath
> away "requested donation" for a lot of goods and
> services. $750 a week on sectionals, $24,000 on
> food, etc. Quid pro quo!!!!
>
> And now, Marching Band is a third semester. It
> sure feels like it....

^^^^^^^Actually, $500 a week on sectionals, plus percussion instructor. NOT $750. Sorry.

Posted by: wild a** guess ()
Date: December 19, 2014 12:24PM

More Madison records Wrote:
>
> I don't think they were supposed to do this....the
> amount is small but the principle is huge. Has
> anybody figured out the statute of limitations on
> this?

The statute of limitations in Virginia on contracts is five years. This was a contract to rent/use school-owned equipment.

Posted by: Mad. Dad ()
Date: December 19, 2014 10:16PM

I just received a check for $104.

Posted by: descant ()
Date: December 21, 2014 08:42AM

Mad. Dad Wrote:
> I just received a check for $104.

Are you a Mad (ison) parent?

If you haven't paid that fee yet, DON'T.

Posted by: descant ()
Date: December 21, 2014 09:00AM

descant Wrote:
> Mad. Dad Wrote:
> -----
> > I just received a check for $104.
>
> Are you a Mad (ison) parent?
>
> If you haven't paid that fee yet, DON'T.

Particularly if you paid it in previous years. You won't start being threatened until "no spring trip" or "no Prom" start coming up.

Posted by: tuba mirum-fundraising ()
Date: December 21, 2014 07:59PM

Some of you might have already seen this. I am posting it for all. It is dated October 2014. I don't know when it was posted on the FCPS website. R1370 is the Fundraising Regulation. It is six years old, and needs to be updated badly, as was already pointed out in this thread. There are conflicts between the 1370, the R5810, and some other school policies. I had pointed that out, and the audit also confirms this. It looks like the 1370 is supposed to be the primary. Some people had thought the 5810 was the primary. The new 5810 now says revenue of a Booster club activity involving students is supposed to run through the school. (I guess it wouldn't be a Booster club activity then, would it? Or could it?)

This discusses inconsistencies in the definition of "school-sponsored" fundraising. Table 1 shows that the 1370 indicates that if students are used, the activity is school-sponsored, and requires school permission slips, etc. (Think TAG Day-some schools are using school forms, some not. Some have the money running through a school account and use school permission forms, others have the money running through a Booster account and who knows what forms are being used.) There are other fundraisers-student concerts and performances (like Tiny Tots, quartets for hire) that have admission charges or generate revenue, car washes and garage sales that generate revenue, etc. These involve students, and so these look to be school-sponsored, and the money generated should run through a school account.

Page 8, section 6 also indicates that if the fundraiser involves students, it is considered school-sponsored. (School-sponsored activities are to have funds run through the school.)

So all of you can wring your hands over this and take it apart.

I didn't do the audit. I did point out the problems a good while back, though. It was obvious there were conflicts and conflicting interpretations. I think a bunch of people laughed at me when I said my opinion was that the 1370 was primary. Oh well. I am used to that by now. I think the terms used were "effing stupid and the laughingstock of the whole county". OK. I know you all hate me and I don't really care. I am just the person who read all the regulations and notices and asked why a bunch weren't being followed. That is a very reasonable, prudent thing to do.

You see, the theory is, you either follow the regulations and notices, or if they don't work, you revise them. Otherwise, if your child was injured in another teenager's or a parent's car on TAG DAY, for example, the liability wasn't firmly established, the proper forms filled, etc., you have One Huge Mess on your hands. The Booster insurance programs could assert that this should have been school-sponsored, since the regulations specify that it was supposed to be, and not cover the Boosters or the officers. The school system could be in trouble because they did not have the proper liability situation established, etc. The car insurance people would have a Field Day sorting out liability, while thousands of dollars are being racked up for medical care. (Or, like in my case, if a group of people decide to skim tens of thousands of dollars of surplus funds into their corporate accounts instead of returning them to families as required by school regulations that are pulled off of state laws....The trips need to get into school accounts. Right now. That is what the regulations have said. FOR YEARS. This isn't fundraising, but it is another example of why regulations need to be followed.)
Attachments:
fundraising_process_audit2014.pdf
R1370.pdf
R5810.pdf

Posted by: grave........ ()
Date: December 22, 2014 07:36AM

^^^^ And again, if anybody is upset, take it up with the group that refused to release information to me over and over and over again. Every single refusal was turned in to the Superintendent and the School Board with the question "Is this how money taken from parents and children is supposed to be handled? In secrecy?". That is all public record now. It wasn't just the public records; it was Profit and Loss statements, the big donation, a made-up story about paying for about $10,000 of instruments out of an account that had about $35 in it....They made the decisions to act like that. Don't blame me for their bad decisions. The more they dodged, the more I looked. Trip spreadsheet....!

You never know when that can happen. And if it happened with money that students raised.....minors...helpless.....Some of the kids pay for their own trips and extras out of money they earn with jobs.

All it takes is one little flame to start a bonfire. They struck the match.

You all can take it up with the school system.

Date: December 28, 2014 07:56PM

Fairfax Chorus.

Fundraising is optional, no IFA's. Spring Trip is optional. etc.

Some checks are written to the school, some to the parents, some to FHS Choir. I think those are probably going into a school account, but we have had a lot of check confusion.

****The Spring Trip is NOT sponsored by the parent group, as it is indicated. Great Big Problem saying that. Trip money should run through the school. They have had years to figure this out. $700 per student needs to be properly insured, etc.
Attachments:
Fairfax Chorus_Redacted2014-15.pdf

Date: December 28, 2014 08:18PM

Checks are written to FHS and FHS Bands (sent to Boosters). I asked to see a copy of the "FHS Bands" bank statement and was shown a school account. Remember, there is lots of check confusion. All checks for school-sponsored activities (Orkney, pre-season, consumables, uniform) should go into a school account.

Pre-season/Orkney are technically optional. They should also be individually priced.

ALL fundraisers are optional. Yes, OPTIONAL. That includes TAG Day. I hate the word "expected". I really, really do. You also "expect" students to be on time, wear the proper uniform, play in tune, etc. Those don't sound too optional.

Who all has access to student ID's? Parents are not allowed access to these.

Instrument rental is $46 per semester, NOT for the year. No mention of FRM terms in here. It looks like there is an $85 fee for percussion ensemble in addition to the $52 fee for using the equipment. Maybe this is just not set up clearly.
Attachments:
Fairfax Band_Redacted2014-15.pdf

Posted by: auld lang syne ()
Date: December 30, 2014 09:33AM

Oakton Orchestra.

Students are REQUIRED to pay a $30 FCPS course fee. There should also be information for FRM kids.

I see the $46 yearly instrument fee is for sharing with another student on the large instruments that are prohibited on the bus. (Half price)

The Student-Parent-Teacher contract includes a statement that parents and children will "support the OHS Orchestra Booster Club with your time and talent". They both have to sign this. Nobody is required to support a Booster club. Nobody should have to sign something like this. I specifically directed my child to avoid certain members of my old group after they were verbally and psychologically abused. I also pulled them out of all fundraisers. I did not participate due to the abusive tactics and threats that were so prevalent. They can't do anything to you. This needs to be deleted.
Attachments:
Oakton Orchestra_Redacted2014-15.pdf

Posted by: auld land syne ()
Date: December 30, 2014 03:06PM

Oakton Chorus.

Interesting chart with the R/O/E/Q. Except that I REALLY hate the term "expected". Notice that section that describes the other things kids are "expected" to do. Arrive on time, be prepared, follow all school rules, attend every class, etc. Tag Day is optional. People are talking out of both sides of their mouths with this term trying to evade the issues of what is required, what is optional, what is highly encouraged, and making something that seems to be required optional but not really optional.... Maybe the E should be for "encouraged".

I love the piano fundraiser. I like the $1000 price tag on middle C. I hope things go well with replacing the piano.
Attachments:
Oakton Chorus_Redacted2014-15.pdf

Posted by: auld lang syne ()
Date: December 30, 2014 03:36PM

Oakton Band

So, no uniform fees? No class fees? No pre-season fees? Money must be growing on trees at Oakton. The fees are the best deal ever. Kids can't go to Prom or park on campus unless they pay them. Hopefully they can't go on Spring Trip until they are paid, which is what I am seeing at a lot of schools, which is the way it should be. When they are paid to the school they have that clout. You are paying for what you use. Totally compliant with the VAC. Money straight in the bank. Take advantage of them, because all fundraisers are completely optional and Booster clubs can't independently charge fees (unless membership is optional and people understand what they are getting into).

Who all has access to the student ID numbers? This applies to numerous parent groups. I don't know how CHARMS is being set up and by whom.

The Classic was put on The List to be looked at as far as a student performance/activity involving an admission fee and using students to raise money, which requires the money to be run through school accounts. All the visiting bands consist of students (including from other schools in the county). People are paying to see the performances. Students actively work The Classic. TAG Days are also on The List.

I am stupid so will somebody please tell me if IFA's/personal benefit aren't allowed, why is it OK to have only kids involved in fundraisers do drawings for $50 gift cards (cash)? I don't get it. No more IFA's, so just slip the kids cash now? This is better than the old Student Accounts method. There are several schools doing this. All fundraisers involving students are supposed to be school-sponsored, with the money running through a school account. The new fundraising regulation is in the works. The new 5810 reinforces this now.
Attachments:
Oakton Band2014-15.pdf

Posted by: auld lang syne-Chantilly ()
Date: December 31, 2014 08:08AM

Chantilly HS is also doing fundraising concerts during the school day. Children are not supposed to be excused from classes for a fundraiser according to the fundraising regulation. I did not write the regulation.

I looked up the online box office contract. Just curious.

Chantilly is making Vendini rich by selling tickets online for performances with a huge number of empty seats meaning there are plenty of tickets available at the door. The people buying the tickets are paying a nice surcharge for this, plus the school also pays. I have no idea how sales at the door factor in here.

The people buying the tickets also give up their right to photograph or film their child's performance. I don't know about you but we filmed or photographed just about everything our kids were in.

I guess this makes them happy.
Attachments:
Vendini payments_Redacted.pdf
vendinipolicies.pdf

Posted by: Madison percussion-misterioso ()
Date: January 08, 2015 09:25AM

Madison percussionists, I pulled the instrument rental payment records on the other high schools. Some are still pending. So far, nobody is charging $78 per year for renting the percussion equipment. Just $26 times two semesters=$52. No third semester for Marching Band. Percussion fees are Category B. If you haven't received any refunds or asked for them yet, you need to. And if you haven't paid yet, only pay them $52. I would be pulling my check records and go back a few years if I were you. It looks they pulled a fast one on you. Either that, or everybody else missed their opportunity.

McLean isn't charging a rental fee? It says they are in the fee notice they sent out, and is listed at $52 for the year.

And for those who aren't charging a rental fee, why NOT? These students are using public property and you have every right to charge them a user fee for the wear and tear on the instruments. This is no time to be generous. This is revenue.

Stay warm.
Attachments:
Percussion Fees_Redacted (6)A.pdf
Percussion Fees_Redacted (7)B.pdf

Posted by: X4JjJ ()
Date: January 08, 2015 11:35AM

As many of you know, the financial management of music programs in FCPS has undergone some enormous changes in the last couple of years

bullshit it did

it was never funded before only families that bought instruments with their own money could sign their kids up

this "we provide illegals with free instruments" crap is tantemount to treason and funding the enemy - so that they can overtake the DC using the moneys they save from not having to buy anything but also getting paid

unless it was chorus dumb ass

you don't want to pay for instrument ? sing bitch.

Posted by: Fact checker..... ()
Date: January 08, 2015 11:49AM

People have paid to rent and use school-owned instruments for many many years. Decades. This is nothing new. Many types of instruments can't be transported to schools either on the bus or in a car (tympani, marimba,tuba, string bass, etc.).

It is a requirement of the state educational laws that provisions be made for the needy in any curricular situation involving a fee. That is public education, good or bad.

Posted by: FCPS Music Student ()
Date: January 08, 2015 02:34PM

Are you serious! Does the original poster have anything better to do with his time? Music helps a lot of kids out and you trying to take it away -it's not good. Booster fees are not required and they make that clear. They are simply just a donation. The original poster makes me very angry. After all the snow days why don't you look at the corruption withtin the school board and the superintendent instead of harassing the music department. If you know someone in the music department you will know better. Music genuinely really help a lot of people out. I would not have had any friends if it wasn't for music. You are simply just a disgrace to this great county and the state of VA.

By the way most kids take a fine or performing arts elective.
You're probably a snob that lives in Great Falls or Clifton.

Date: January 08, 2015 03:12PM

Dear "FCPS Music Student"-

Actually, I am a huge supporter of the arts and music education. I am a musician myself. However, I am also a huge supporter of the school system following their own regulations and the state educational laws and a huge supporter of open public records. And, these issues fell by the wayside over the years. I am not a snob at all. I am also not a disgrace to this county and the state. I am very well-grounded.

What was going on was a huge disgrace. Public records being withheld from a citizen, public records inaccessible in garages and basements all over the county, inadequate funding of the programs, indiscretions being taken with public transactions and hidden from parents, staff not doing what they were supposed to do and being abusive to a parent, Booster clubs sending out huge bills to families (bills they didn't have to right to send out in the first place) and then threatening them if they didn't pay up, a Booster club taking money from a parent and then refusing to show them records on what was done with it...THEY are the snobs. THEY are a disgrace. Those requests for money oftentimes were NOT marked as optional. They just up and decided they wanted it and started demanding it. Even with a vote, they didn't have the right to do that. And they are still doing it. That needs to stop.

Because so many kids do take a music elective was precisely why I have been following all this as long as I have. There are hundreds of kids in every school affected by this. Plus their parents. It is very obvious there is a lot of fixing to do still.

Great things have come out of this-

-Hundreds of thousands of appropriated dollars earmarked for the programs.
-Centralized public records with access to all. This is huge.
-Privacy mandates being enforced.
-Public funds being run through heavily insured accounts.
-Professional oversight on public transactions.
-Liability for a lot of things firmly established with the school instead of with volunteers, relieving parents of the liabilities and associated risks and expenses they never should have had.
-Completely updated Fee notices, allowing larger fees to be charged to cover expenses, and clearer standards for provision of services to the needy.
By enforcing the Fee Notice, parents and staff are also protected from disgruntled people who might be angry about being overcharged for school services. You go sending a bill to somebody that you are not entitled to send, insist they pay it, and you are in big trouble. By collecting the fees, the amount of work of the volunteers is also decreased.
-Some of the money that was formerly given to Booster clubs to pay for things can now be classified as a legitimate donation, allowing families to deduct this on their income tax. (Some can't be deducted.)
-It sounds like the payment system has also gotten streamlined, including the use of electronic payments, which saves writing checks and messing around with handwritten records on these.
-Clearer communication regarding non-refundable costs and refundable costs associated with school trips and other things.

But, you can say whatever you want.

Posted by: senza sordino.... ()
Date: January 08, 2015 05:49PM

Dear "FCPS Music Student"-

And the programs aren't going anywhere. A lot of them are actually in better shape now. And you can still have all your friends. And if your "parents and teachers" do what they are told, they won't get in trouble, which is really, really important.

Posted by: FCPS Music Student ()
Date: January 09, 2015 05:14PM

I see what you are saying. Sorry for calling you a snob. I was fed up at the moment.

I know at my high school, the choir boosters just help the director with setting up things they also use donations for new equipment and they use them for scholarships- good uses. This year the director told us to write the checks for the trips out to the high school and not to the boosters. She said it was a change from last year. I also know that we do not use electronic payments, everything is handwritten. Also, all fundraisers are optional-the director specifically said that.
I know the band at my school is another story...

Thanks for all the hard work in trying to make the school system better. I just hope you don't try to take down the boosters completely. They do a lot of good things. However, I disagree with the posting of things like teacher's salaries. You should take a look at sports boosters.

Date: January 09, 2015 11:39PM

FCPS Music Student Wrote:
> I see what you are saying. Sorry for calling you a
> snob. I was fed up at the moment.
>
> I know at my high school, the choir boosters just
> help the director with setting up things they also
> use donations for new equipment and they use them
> for scholarships- good uses. This year the
> director told us to write the checks for the trips
> out to the high school and not to the boosters.
> She said it was a change from last year. I also
> know that we do not use electronic payments,
> everything is handwritten. Also, all fundraisers
> are optional-the director specifically said that.
> I know the band at my school is another story...
>
> Thanks for all the hard work in trying to make the
> school system better. I just hope you don't try to
> take down the boosters completely. They do a lot
> of good things. However, I disagree with the
> posting of things like teacher's salaries. You
> should take a look at sports boosters.

I have been called worse things than a snob, trust me.
Boosters can be very helpful but they are limited as to what they can do with public records and public funds and hiring of personnel, management of student and class issues, etc. If they kept doing things as they had been doing they were going to take themselves down. This was a very dangerous situation. They need to quit doing the things they were told to NOT do.
Somebody ran a thread with staff salaries on it. These are public record, like it or not.
The sports boosters are on their own. I am busy.
They are doing at least a partial conversion over to electronic payments. That will hopefully help with record keeping.

Posted by: senza sordino...Madison HS ()
Date: January 16, 2015 03:34PM

Madison percussion parents-WHY are you continuing to pay for three semesters? This is the latest updated payment list.

Woodson only charges for two semesters, also. That one just came in.

The Fee Notice reads that you pay by the semester. There are only two semesters. Nobody else is charging for three semesters, probably because THERE AREN'T THREE SEMESTERS.

Would somebody like to answer the question?

Remember, they will tell you that they are moving forward, have a team working on it, having a meeting about it, etc. and will stall until next year. Oh-it IS next year!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
Madison_Redactedjan2015.pdf
Woodson Percussion_Redacted2014-15.pdf

Pages: Previous123456AllNext
Current Page: 4 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.