HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: SL wow ()
Date: November 04, 2014 09:26AM

SO many water bottles flying around South Lakes. Soph pod. Ouch!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: SL wow ()
Date: November 04, 2014 09:29AM

NVM. moving to Reston forum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: disenchantedparent. ()
Date: November 10, 2014 07:08AM

YES MY SON WILL NOT EVEN GO TO HIS LOCKER DUE TO THIS. THIS SCHOOL IS OUT OF CONTROL. LAST YEAR WE HAD AN ISSUE WITH A KID AND THE KIDS HAD TO SIGN NO CONTACT FORMS NOT TO BE NEAR EACH OTHER NOW THEY ARE IN three OF THE SAME CLASSES . THE SCHOOL IS CROWDED WITH NO VISABLE LEADERSHIP THE KIDS HAVE TAKEN OVER AND NO EMAIL ARE RETURNED FROM ADMIN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO OVERWORKED. BULLYING AND THE WATER WARs ARE EVERY DAY. IF YOU CAN AVOID This school do so at all costs. Go in and tell them you want an AP school not an IB one so you can transfer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: the meyhem man ()
Date: November 10, 2014 08:15AM

disenchantedparent. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YES MY SON WILL NOT EVEN GO TO HIS LOCKER DUE TO
> THIS. THIS SCHOOL IS OUT OF CONTROL. LAST YEAR WE
> HAD AN ISSUE WITH A KID AND THE KIDS HAD TO SIGN
> NO CONTACT FORMS NOT TO BE NEAR EACH OTHER NOW
> THEY ARE IN three OF THE SAME CLASSES . THE SCHOOL
> IS CROWDED WITH NO VISABLE LEADERSHIP THE KIDS
> HAVE TAKEN OVER AND NO EMAIL ARE RETURNED FROM
> ADMIN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO OVERWORKED. BULLYING AND
> THE WATER WARs ARE EVERY DAY. IF YOU CAN AVOID
> This school do so at all costs. Go in and tell
> them you want an AP school not an IB one so you
> can transfer.


Celebrate the diversity that your elected leaders encouraged and quit complaining, its only going to get worse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: SL STUDENT ()
Date: November 10, 2014 05:02PM

To Disenchanted parent - I go to school at SL and the school is fine . In a school of 2400 students there will be a contingent of idiots and SL has there share [As every school in FX County does]. One day water was thrown in the locker pod - the administration team and resource officer dealt with it and it is not an issue -tell your son to go talk to his principal , his counselor , the security staff or the police officer at the school if he is so scarred to go to his locker? .Many of my peers are getting accepted into the best schools in the country - if you let a small percentage of retards ruin your school age years some of it goes back to you - transfer to Herndon , Westfields , Robinson or any other school and there will be a small percentage of idiots -do not let them ruin your education

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: RydelllRoad ()
Date: November 10, 2014 05:05PM

SL STUDENT - you are exactly correct in your assessment of the situation. Go to the head of your class. You will find this sort of stuff happens in every school. No one and no place is always perfect all of the time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: notrute ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:02AM

SL STUDENT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To Disenchanted parent - I go to school at SL and
> the school is fine . In a school of 2400 students
> there will be a contingent of idiots and SL has
> there share [As every school in FX County does].
> One day water was thrown in the locker pod - the
> administration team and resource officer dealt
> with it and it is not an issue -tell your son to
> go talk to his principal , his counselor , the
> security staff or the police officer at the school
> if he is so scarred to go to his locker? .Many of
> my peers are getting accepted into the best
> schools in the country - if you let a small
> percentage of retards ruin your school age years



> some of it goes back to you - transfer to Herndon
> , Westfields , Robinson or any other school and
> there will be a small percentage of idiots -do not
> let them ruin your education




Its not one day the water fights are Every day I go to the school and it its annoying . I just avoid the lockers and main hallway. I am sure all the HS are like this but no way I would complain. The school is kind of crappy oh well only 2more years of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: Cant we send them to Langley ()
Date: November 11, 2014 08:56AM

Well, can't Langley and McLean get some of the water throwing thugs? To those posting that all schools are the same... the parking lot at Langley sporting events is full of BMWs..do you find that at other area schools?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: WKmcG ()
Date: November 11, 2014 10:50AM

I can tell you this is not the "norm" at most FFX High Schools and they are not all the same.

SLHS should have responsible and respectful students, but something has gone wrong at this facility.

What kind of cars are in the parking lot are irrelevant. It has to do with responsibility, respect and impulse control. Yes, all teens suffer from moments of bad judgments, but this sounds like a reoccurring problem that is just not a moment of bad judgment.

Throwing objects at someone is stupid and is considered Assault.

The SLHS Administration needs to have a come to Jesus with the kids, if this is a big problem, EVERYONE should suffer consequences the the common offenders cannot be fingered. If the SLHS Administration would have shut this down hard on the first occurrence, it would not continue. Clearly there was no discipline or effort to get to the bottom of this problem when it all started.

Someone is going to get a serious eye, facial or dental injury, then the crap will start to fly and someone will be held accountable.

Shame a few stupid students can ruin things for everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: Reston resident ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:38PM

WKmcG -and how is it you know what happens at most county schools ? As a person who visits most schools ( due to the nature of my job} I can assure you that each school has a variety of problems -it doesn't matter what type of car is in the parking lot -Langley has the highest % of kids drinking and drugging -Maclean just had a scandal with naked female pictures floating all over and we all remember the heroin ring at Westfields . I am also aware that the water situation has only occurred one time and that the SLHS ADMIN has shut this down so by you saying it continues I know you don't know what the hell your talking about .SLHS has competent staff - as someone noted in an earlier post they do have some thugs and some problems but it is no different than the other 20 schools I visit on a regular basis -

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: reston resident wrong ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:51PM

Reston resident - you may be correct that SLHS experiences the same kind of problems as other high schools.

So what? A high schools in a wealthy suburban town like Reston (with every conceievable social program available - Reston is Scandanavia in America) - should be all about excellence. Fix the water bottle problem at the school - fix it no matter what the other schools are doing. And fix it no matter what impact it may have on minority students. Minority students deserve a culture of excellence, too.

I was appalled a few years back that black students at SLHS had math and verbal SAT's around 850 combined. That is appallingly low - lower than the average for black students at Mount Vernon - a school picked on for being ghetto. Again, Reston has every social welfare program under the sun, and this kind of thing makes no sense to me, whatever excuses are proffered bound up with the corrosive effects of Section 8 housing.




,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:59PM

Has the prostitution ring reformed yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: jellyjo ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:01PM

Went to SL HS many years ago and that place was a major shithole. I would rather pay 15k a year for private school than to send my kids to that hell pit. All they like to do is cover up any bad publicity. Thank you Baby Jesus that I no longer live in Reston and my kids won't be going there!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: studentshllll ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:32PM

Reston resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WKmcG -and how is it you know what happens at most
> county schools ? As a person who visits most
> schools ( due to the nature of my job} I can
> assure you that each school has a variety of
> problems -it doesn't matter what type of car is in
> the parking lot -Langley has the highest % of kids
> drinking and drugging -Maclean just had a scandal
> with naked female pictures floating all over and
> we all remember the heroin ring at Westfields . I
> am also aware that the water situation has only
> occurred one time and that the SLHS ADMIN has shut
> this down so by you saying it continues I know you
> don't know what the hell your talking about .SLHS
> has competent staff - as someone noted in an
> earlier post they do have some thugs and some
> problems but it is no different than the other 20
> schools I visit on a regular basis -

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: slhsstudent111 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:36PM

you may visit on a regular basis but I go to SLHS. Its way too crowded and the water fights are all the time after school . the kids throw water bottles at each other a couple of time kids skateboard down the hall. I really don t care but don t say the water fight was only once.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: SA Grammar ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:54PM

We aren't really the Grammar Police, think of us as your personal Grammar Help Resource. We'd like to suggest anyone posting on FFXU concerning educational topics use the correct your/you're, their/there/they're, and its/it's. Also, writing screeds in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of shouting. Given the highly populous, worldwide readership, drafting and posting on FFXU in caps could be seen as speaking rudely to several billion people. Yours, politely, SA Grammar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water wars at SLHS
Posted by: mnJvG ()
Date: November 11, 2014 08:11PM

Reston resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WKmcG -and how is it you know what happens at most
> county schools ? As a person who visits most
> schools ( due to the nature of my job} I can
> assure you that each school has a variety of
> problems -it doesn't matter what type of car is in
> the parking lot -Langley has the highest % of kids
> drinking and drugging -Maclean just had a scandal
> with naked female pictures floating all over and
> we all remember the heroin ring at Westfields . I
> am also aware that the water situation has only
> occurred one time and that the SLHS ADMIN has shut
> this down so by you saying it continues I know you
> don't know what the hell your talking about .SLHS
> has competent staff - as someone noted in an
> earlier post they do have some thugs and some
> problems but it is no different than the other 20
> schools I visit on a regular basis -

You may THINK you know what is going on, but we are talking about kids and the moment you walk around the corner, you have NO IDEA as to what is going on.

Maybe the BIG water bottle incident was shut down, but there are likely other smaller events that happen from time to time that do not bring much attention to the situaiton.

Check with the Custodian Staff and figure out who are the kids that the Administration can actually speak with privately that will fill in the blanks.

I have seen it all, kids drunk, high, dealing drugs, selling booze, pills and other things. Kids stashing drugs and alcohol in the surrounding neighborhoods. Water bottles filled with things other than water.

Yep you think you know what is going on, turn around for just a moment and you will miss out on a lot of things!

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **      **  ********  **     **  **     **  **    ** 
 **  **  **  **         **   **   **     **  **   **  
 **  **  **  **          ** **    **     **  **  **   
 **  **  **  ******       ***     **     **  *****    
 **  **  **  **          ** **    **     **  **  **   
 **  **  **  **         **   **   **     **  **   **  
  ***  ***   **        **     **   *******   **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.