HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Another Dead High School Student who shouldn't be out at 2am
Posted by: DMV Observers. ()
Date: November 01, 2014 05:43PM

Whats with kids being out on Halloween on the Beltway at 2am?

Gonzaga student killed in two-car crash in Montgomery County

By Rachel Sadon and Ovetta Wiggins November 1 at 11:20 AM

A Gonzaga College high school student was killed and five others injured in an early Saturday car crash between two vehicles in Montgomery County, Maryland State Police said.

Dominik Pettey, 17, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident that occurred on I-495 northbound, south of Persimmon Tree Road, around 2:02 a.m., police said in a news release.

A 2009 Honda Accord, occupied by one adult and four juveniles, was disabled and parked on the right shoulder of the road when a 2013 Jeep Compass struck the vehicle from behind, police said.

The driver of the Jeep was also taken to the hospital. She has been identified as Margaret Christine Baisley, 24, of Rockville. Baisley displayed signs of being impaired, police said.

The driver of the Honda has been identified as Andrew Frederick May, 19, of Potomac, Md.

Police said the crash is under investigation and charges are pending.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Dead High School Student who shouldn't be out at 2am
Posted by: Entitled One ()
Date: November 01, 2014 05:59PM

Why was a private school kid driving a Honda Accord?

Posted by: No, Dummy ()
Date: November 01, 2014 06:08PM

DMV Observers. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whats with kids being out on Halloween on the
> Beltway at 2am?
>
> Gonzaga student killed in two-car crash in
> Montgomery County
>
> By Rachel Sadon and Ovetta Wiggins November 1 at
> 11:20 AM
>
> A Gonzaga College high school student was killed
> and five others injured in an early Saturday car
> crash between two vehicles in Montgomery County,
> Maryland State Police said.
>
> Dominik Pettey, 17, was pronounced dead at the
> scene of the accident that occurred on I-495
> northbound, south of Persimmon Tree Road, around
> 2:02 a.m., police said in a news release.
>
> A 2009 Honda Accord, occupied by one adult and
> four juveniles, was disabled and parked on the
> right shoulder of the road when a 2013 Jeep
> Compass struck the vehicle from behind, police
> said.
>
> The driver of the Jeep was also taken to the
> hospital. She has been identified as Margaret
> Christine Baisley, 24, of Rockville. Baisley
> displayed signs of being impaired, police said.
>
> The driver of the Honda has been identified as
> Andrew Frederick May, 19, of Potomac, Md.
>
> Police said the crash is under investigation and
> charges are pending.

Ya, way to blame the victim, dumbass. Why am I not surprised. BTW he was not driving.

Posted by: bigdog ()
Date: November 01, 2014 06:16PM

Montgomery County Gonzaga College

where is Fairfax involved???

Posted by: Inspector Clouseau ()
Date: November 01, 2014 06:16PM

Mr Observes correctly inferred that a dumbass who is on the side of the road was no victim. Why were they standing outside? Was the car on fire? I for one would be in the weeds and trees late at night with a drunk driving.

Posted by: Not surprising ()
Date: November 01, 2014 06:31PM

Inspector Clouseau Wrote:
> Mr Observes correctly inferred that a dumbass who
> is on the side of the road was no victim. Why
> were they standing outside? Was the car on fire?
> I for one would be in the weeds and trees late at
> night with a drunk driving.

All the victims were in a disabled car on the side of the road. They were not "standing outside." Okay so we have two dumbasses on FFXU.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/One-Person-Killed-in-2-Car-Beltway-Crash-281170792.html#

Posted by: Sam Keith ()
Date: November 01, 2014 07:29PM

They were on the side of the road because the car that came to pick them up from the party had run out of gas. They were all in the car when Ms. Baisley hit them. Dom was sitting in the left passenger seat. Miss Baisley struck the left passenger seat. No one was standing outside. The person who came to pick them up was not intoxicated, unlike Miss Baisley. Maybe they were out later than they should have been, but that doesn't mean they are to blame. Last time I checked, being out late wasn't a crime, but drunk driving is. Please show some respect.

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: November 01, 2014 09:03PM

It is not blaming the victim to point out that hight school kids out at 2am is not a good thing. There are a lot of bad things that can happen at that time of night and most teenagers are illequiped to handle them.

Posted by: nuthin scarier ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:05PM

There's nuthin scarier than a drunk Maryland driver.

The stupid motherfuckers can't drive a lick sober!

Posted by: MR715 ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:06PM

We have to keep in mind that this could of happened to anyone. Their age has nothing to do with being "ill-equipped to handle this situation." NO ONE IS!!!

Posted by: Beltway Bill ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:08PM

bigdog Wrote:
> Montgomery County Gonzaga College
>
>
> where is Fairfax involved???

Lets see, inner loop south of Persimmon Tree means they were coming across the American Legion Bridge from Fairfax. Only a matter of time before it is released they were coming from a Halloween Party in either McLean or Great Falls.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:43PM

Sam, you are the man. Dominick deserves better than this.

Posted by: ChristyH ()
Date: November 01, 2014 11:08PM

Looks like Margaret Baisley is military... ctrl F Baisley: http://www.usuhs.mil/mps/gradstudents.html

Posted by: A Good Parent ()
Date: November 01, 2014 11:11PM

Anonymous 2 Wrote:
> Sam, you are the man. Dominick deserves better
> than this.

You're right - Dominick deserves parents who would enforce rules about teens staying out late. Andrew May deserves to rot in hell for not fueling up his car for that 20 minute drive from Fairfax County back to MoCo. And lastly, Margaret Baisley deserves the book thrown at her for drinking and driving! Call Uber or sober ride!

Posted by: Anonymous 3 ()
Date: November 01, 2014 11:19PM

There is nothing wrong with being out at 0200.

But there is something very wrong with driving impaired. Dominik was not killed; he was murdered.

Think about it: it was not too cold Halloween afternoon, but it was 42F outside at 0200 this morning.

And you would still get out of your car? You do not know if they had a jacket or not.

Posted by: Shocked ()
Date: November 02, 2014 12:29AM

It is disgusting to me to read all of your words lacking sympathy and respect for these boys' families. Forget whether they were out past curfew, we are talking about dead children. If it wasn't them who Ms. Baisley had hit, it could've been anyone else. You are forgetting that Ms. Baisley, a MURDERER, chose a few alcoholic beverages over protecting the lives in surrounding vehicles. You all say that there is no reason for teens to be out as late as 2, but there is NO REASON AT ALL why someone should be DRIVING DRUNK. Learn some respect, this is a time of grief.

Posted by: Frankie Frederick ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:59AM

Showing signs of being impaired could mean more than drunk driving. Don't hang the driver before you know the facts. It is extremely sad that a young life was taken away, but don't destroy another person's life before you know the facts. She may have taken medicine that caused a reaction. Likely at 2:00 am on Halloween she had been drinking at a party. My point is that we are all innocent until proven guilty. Finally, while it is not the victim's fault, this is one reason why we all have to be vigilant in staying safe, making sure there is gas in the car, always looking around for danger, etc. My prayers go out to all those affected and especially to Dom's family.

Posted by: Anonymous12344557 ()
Date: November 02, 2014 07:15AM

Reading this makes me sick. Dominik was one of my best friends and you guys are blaming him because some "impaired" bitch ran off the side of the road and hit the car. Also, to the asshole who said his parents aren't strict enough, can you even imagine what they are going through right now and you have the tenacity to post that. Honestly, this is pathetic and I hope you come to see that this is a tragedy and is not Dominik's fault or his parents fault.

Posted by: speechless ()
Date: November 02, 2014 07:41AM

I cannot believe how many people automatically shift their focus on the victims age, being I'll prepared, or the lack of gas in the car. It could have been a middle aged person with a flat tire awaiting help. The focus should be on keeping impaired drivers of the street (if it turns out she was in fact drunk).

Anonymous 12344557, my sympathies for losing your friend.

Posted by: GMOM ()
Date: November 02, 2014 07:47AM

To the ignorant & misinformed - about parents being strict, about teens out after a certain time,about not knowing to get out of the car:
The boys were returning home from a late scheduled HOCKEY GAME that evening. They were not out at a party, they were not out screwing around, they were playing their sport. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time and it could have been an adult killed in the car just as easily as an infant. The survivor guilt will be tragic, a community reels at both Visitation & Gonzaga. As far as a parent being strict? You have a lot to learn about passing judgement - especially when someone has lost their life. Totally appalling....Again, at a HOCKEY GAME, being picked up by a brother of one of them. With the grace of God go I.....AMDG

Posted by: Courtney ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:17AM

I stumbled upon this while reading a few other articles about this crash and I am disguised by some of the things on here...the first being the mere name .. "Another Dead High School Student who shouldn't be out at 2am" have you no decency! How about "Impaired Driver Takes Life of Promising Young Man and Injures Four More"

There is a family mourning the loss of their son and people feel it right to criticize his parents - how dare you! This family and the families of all the young men in the crash have suffered more then enough - leave them alone. People have already mentioned why they were on the road that late and that they were pulled over where you are supposed to be when your car breaks down.

As far as the impaired driver - she will have her day in court and she will have to live with this for the rest of her life. This does not comfort me nor does it bring Dom back, lets spend time talk about what an amazing young man Dom was and pray for healing for ALL involved especially PJ who is still fighting for his life from intensive care.

If you don't have anything nice to say please don't say anything at all. What the community needs now is prayers and support not people adding to an already tragic and terrible situation.

"And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand."

Posted by: adults,read the manual ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:39AM

The Perfect storm ( the same senario we hear about year after year), kids out way too late when drunks pile out of bars, an adult who should know better than to drink and drive. Parents should know that even if your kid is out sober, the idiots are out there too. The chances are amped up that something bad is more likely to happen to your kids after midnight so try parenting up and quit being their friend. Its not their fault they are out running around in the middle of the night, its yours.

Date: November 02, 2014 09:15AM

adults,read the manual Wrote:
> The Perfect storm ( the same senario we hear about
> year after year), kids out way too late when
> drunks pile out of bars, an adult who should know
> better than to drink and drive. Parents should
> know that even if your kid is out sober, the
> idiots are out there too. The chances are amped up
> that something bad is more likely to happen to
> your kids after midnight so try parenting up and
> quit being their friend. Its not their fault they
> are out running around in the middle of the night,
> its yours.

^

THIS!

Posted by: Milf Fan ()
Date: November 02, 2014 10:05AM

I always feel bad for people who stumble on FFXU and have no clue what they are looking at.

John Dunne said "No man is an island unto himself..." I feel for parents who lost a child.

Posted by: Disgusted ()
Date: November 02, 2014 11:29AM

You said it Milf Fan (not something I thought I'd ever type)--this message board is bewildering. Sometimes high school seniors are out in the middle of the night; sometimes this is part of a sensible parenting strategy in which a parent teaches a teen (a teen who likely would not have been living under the parents' roof less than a year from now) to make responsible decisions for him/herself. Needless to say, the fault lies with the driver. And now I'm dismayed that I ever stumbled onto this discussion and, frankly, disgusted by the victim blamers. I hope that they think about how unbearably sad it would feel to lose a child (or even, to a far lesser extent, a classmate). Victim blamers: I'm angry at you. Try to find it in yourself to step outside yourself. Be compassionate. Be emotionally generous. Have a heart.

Posted by: Cessna commuter ()
Date: November 02, 2014 11:34AM

5520270_G.jpg

not sure if this is the right Baisley

mbaisley.jpg

The age seems about right, and she did go to school in Bethesda.

http://www.usuhs.mil/mps/gradstudents.html

Posted by: ffxu'r 4 life ()
Date: November 02, 2014 11:37AM

Disgusted Wrote:
> You said it Milf Fan (not something I thought I'd
> ever type)--this message board is bewildering.
> Sometimes high school seniors are out in the
> middle of the night; sometimes this is part of a
> sensible parenting strategy in which a parent
> teaches a teen (a teen who likely would not have
> been living under the parents' roof less than a
> year from now) to make responsible decisions for
> him/herself. Needless to say, the fault lies with
> the driver. And now I'm dismayed that I ever
> stumbled onto this discussion and, frankly,
> disgusted by the victim blamers. I hope that they
> think about how unbearably sad it would feel to
> lose a child (or even, to a far lesser extent, a
> classmate). Victim blamers: I'm angry at you. Try
> to find it in yourself to step outside yourself.
> Be compassionate. Be emotionally generous. Have a
> heart.

I think it has more to due with poor reading comprehension.

Posted by: Merle Dixon ()
Date: November 02, 2014 12:08PM

Milf Fan Wrote:
> I always feel bad for people who stumble on FFXU
> and have no clue what they are looking at.
>

It's like what Terminus was on TWD.

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: November 02, 2014 12:23PM

Teens are allowed to be out at that time, as long they're not driving. Since the driver was an adult, he doesn't have a curfew. How many of you have ever taken a family trip where you've driven through the night? This could've been you. You could've ran out of gas or lost a tire and had to pull to the side of the road and wait for help. And you could've been struck by this fucking idiot drunk driver. Imagine if this was you. The driver did no wrong. So stop being ignorant. Dom was my friend and it's difficult knowing I'm never going to see him again. You all should re-evaluate yourselves. RIP Dom, we all love you and miss you!

Posted by: Don't be an Ass ()
Date: November 02, 2014 01:59PM

An adult was driving the Accord which was carrying the 4 juveniles, aka teens. The car had become disabled - very unfortunate - so the driver pulled off to the shoulder of the road as appropriate. The driver was not impaired in any way. The occupants remained INSIDE the vehicle which is the best thing to do in such a situation. They were NOT outside the car.

The 2nd vehicle, a Jeep, driven by a 24 year old who is reported to be "impaired" - drunk? - crashed into the Accord which was parked off the road on the shoulder.

The entire fault lies with the driver (drunk driver?) of the 2nd vehicle.

And don't be an ass.

Posted by: fakjdfkja ()
Date: November 02, 2014 02:17PM

Being out at 2:00am senior year in high school is nothing. I remember driving home at 6:00am lots of times.

Stupid Drunk Bitch deserves to go to prison for a long time. I hope she likes eating pussy.

Posted by: Missing link ()
Date: November 02, 2014 02:39PM

I don't understand how a car becomes disabled at two in the morning, this isn't the 70's when cars overheated or otherwise broke down and they weren't driving a Ford.

Posted by: Melinda Ardinger ()
Date: November 02, 2014 02:55PM

Missing link Wrote:
> I don't understand how a car becomes disabled at
> two in the morning, this isn't the 70's when cars
> overheated or otherwise broke down and they
> weren't driving a Ford.

Asshole, cars break down all the time and you are required by law to help disabled motorists as they sit in their cars!

Posted by: Gonzaga Mom ()
Date: November 02, 2014 03:38PM

I am appalled at the comments here. You have no idea why the boys were in that spot at 2am. They had been sitting there long enough that a parent had almost made it to bring them gas. They could have gotten lost. You speak about things you know nothing of. And the Honda Accord comment is just crass. We don't know that she was drunk because she has not been charged with anything but she is at fault regardless.

Instead of making insensitive comments in an open forum, why don't you think for one moment about the parents of this boy who have to bury a child. A child who was not wreck less or stupid just the victim of someone who should not have been on the road.

What is wrong with you people? Seriously?

Posted by: No Missing Link ()
Date: November 02, 2014 03:45PM

... disabled .... The 2009 Honda Accord ran out of gas. Sure, not the smartest thing in the world, but no crime & in the big picture, not a big deal. Who at 19 or even much older hasn't at least once in their life made some kind of mistake or minor misjudgment? Nothing more than a PIA inconvenience. Stay inside the car & call Mom & Dad, or AAA from your cell phone. Or wait until a police officer comes by if no phone.

Separately, check out the news video. There was plenty of room on the shoulder for the Accord to be safely off the road & not in the way of other traffic. Three 17 & 18 year olds being driven home at 2 AM by a non-impaired 19 year old (legally an adult) is a non-issue; & not irresponsible on anyone's part.

The entire problem is/was the 2nd vehicle driven by an "impaired" driver which struck the Accord. There was no reason or need for the Jeep Compass to crash into the Accord parked on the right shoulder of the road.

Besides being "impaired", I wonder what speed the Jeep was traveling at when it drove out of its lane & into the Accord on the shoulder?

This second driver, a 24 year old young woman who was most likely drunk - toxicology tests will reveal the facts soon enough - is at 100% fault & the cause of the accident, injuries & one death.

She will likely end up being charged with vehicular manslaughter. Yes, her life will also be impacted negatively as she suffers the consequences of her actions.

She will also have to live the rest of her life knowing that she (though unintentionally) took the life of a wonderful young man with a bright future. And there is another young man in the hospital seriously injured.

But accident or not, she is still at fault & the only one involved who exhibited poor - extremely poor - judgement. She made the decision to get behind the wheel of a car while drunk or otherwise impaired, & drive off.

A tragic accident. An incredibly sad & painful event for all involved.

But the Jeep driver is not the victim, & anyone trying to deflect any portion of responsibility or blame onto the actual victims (the four Honda passengers) or their families, parents etc ... is either intellectually lacking or possibly a relative or friend of Ms. Baisley. But it doesn't matter. Ms.Baisley will ultimately be held accountable for causing this car accident & killing one young man & injuring three others.

Prayers for Mr. Pettey & deepest condolences to the family & friends he leaves behind. May God especially bless & look up on his parents during this difficult time.

Now, Don't be an ass.

Posted by: Gonzaga student ()
Date: November 02, 2014 03:46PM

Are you guys serious? The student was on the way home from being out with his friends. An adult was driving when they ran out of gas, and pulled off the road to call someone to bring them gas. While they were waiting an impaired driver hit them. This is going to change a lot of lives for the worse, have some respect.

Posted by: shell answer man ()
Date: November 02, 2014 03:57PM

Gonzaga student Wrote:
> Are you guys serious? The student was on the way
> home from being out with his friends. An adult was
> driving when they ran out of gas, and pulled off
> the road to call someone to bring them gas. While
> they were waiting an impaired driver hit them.
> This is going to change a lot of lives for the
> worse, have some respect.

So the 19 year old "adult" got on the freaking beltway at 2am with 1/64th of a tank of gas? What a fucking asshole! Somebody should bitchslap the hell out of that "adult" driver.

Posted by: Stupid Negroes ()
Date: November 02, 2014 04:01PM

I just hope the dead are negroes.

Posted by: Gonzaga Student ()
Date: November 02, 2014 04:17PM

The adult did not anticipate the distance that they would have to travel. That isn't the point though. How low do you have to be to comment that the driver is a "fucking asshole" because he didn't have enough gas in his car? Are you aware that the is the first link that comes up when you google the name of the child that died? You should really consider what you comment.

Posted by: Gonzaga Student ()
Date: November 02, 2014 04:19PM

"I just hope the dead are negroes."

Whoever posted this is the scum of our society.

Posted by: God is Purple ()
Date: November 02, 2014 04:24PM

Sorry for the tragic loss - many were affected by this and there are many victims. While we don't know the whole story yet, if these kids were driving and ran out of gas, surely this was known before the "adult" Andrew May left the hockey rink/party.

This could of been prevented if:

(1) The kids were home at a decent hour,
(2) The technological savvy teens could of searched for a gas station,
(3) Margaret Baisley could of called a taxi,

Blaming the victims isn't the issue, preventing this from happening is regardless of the idiot drinking and driving.

Posted by: Student ()
Date: November 02, 2014 04:44PM

You people have some serious issues if you honestly believe Drew May was to blame for this tragedy. He forgot some gas, so what do you do in that situation? You pull over to the shoulder, call someone for help, and wait patiently inside your car, WHICH THEY DID! It just so happened that a drunk driver happened to be there at that exact time, and now my good friend is dead along with my 3 other friends sustaining injuries. I feel sorry for Ms. Baisely but the way drunk driving has become stigmatized over recent years, she probably should have known better yet she decided to drive anyway and now she'll have to pay the price. And Don't you people dare say his parents should have been more strict about curfews because you have no idea what kind of people they are. It could have happened to anyone but in this case it just so happened that everything lined up the way it did. What if she had hit another car further down the road and she killed an adult? Either way, Dom isn't coming back and I won't get to see his smiling face as he greets me with a "What's up man?" every morning all because of one woman's fatal mistake.

Posted by: Parent that Cares ()
Date: November 02, 2014 05:16PM

Friends and family of Dominik. I am so sorry for your loss. My children are in high school at Bullis, which means I understand the schedules and lives that you all live. This could have happened to anyone. I've run out of gas as an adult. It happens. Andrew is not to blame. He did the right thing.
Ignore the haters that are posting. They do this to everyone. ABC News used to allow anonymous comments; they stopped it because of all the nasty comments.
God Bless all of you and may Dominik live on in your hearts.

Posted by: speechless ()
Date: November 02, 2014 05:23PM

shell answer man Wrote:
> Gonzaga student Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Are you guys serious? The student was on the
> way
> > home from being out with his friends. An adult
> was
> > driving when they ran out of gas, and pulled
> off
> > the road to call someone to bring them gas.
> While
> > they were waiting an impaired driver hit them.
> > This is going to change a lot of lives for the
> > worse, have some respect.
>
>
> So the 19 year old "adult" got on the freaking
> beltway at 2am with 1/64th of a tank of gas? What
> a fucking asshole! Somebody should bitchslap the
> hell out of that "adult" driver.

To Shell answer man.

You disgust me.

Posted by: missing links ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:23PM

My wife's Accord has a light that goes on when it's low on gas.

Posted by: what is wrong with you ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:24PM

Can't believe what I'm reading... Blaming people that got hurt and killed because of an uncapable driver? Are you serious? Can't think of anything they did that was illegal or stupid... Internet should be banned for some people...

It is such a loss... Can't imagine the pain each family is feeling now.

Posted by: .... ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:40PM

This is appalling. I knew dom and know the petteys very well and for all of you to be blaming the driver and dom makes me sick to my stomach. None of this was a result of dom or drew's wrongdoing. It was a freak accident that took the life of an innocent guy. Yes he was at a party, and yes he had been drinking but he and his friends did the RESPONSIBLE thing by calling someone to pick them up. And to the asshole that blamed his parents- they weren't even in the state. None of this was anyone's fault, it was simply a series of very very unfortunate events. So if everyone would shut the hell up and stop blaming people and pointing fingers because dom doesn't deserve your shit

Posted by: A teacher ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:54PM

I am a teacher at a private school in the MD/DC area. My brother attended Gonzaga year ago. This story hurts... what happened to the four boys and Dom could have happened to my brother, to his friends, to me, or to my friends... it could happen to my students... it could happen to anyone since those who make reckless choices to drive while under the influence abound.

The comments being written are very vile and disturbing. Families and communities are mourning the loss of life while "tragedy whores" use these types of opportunities to make crass comments.

I am so sorry to the friends and family of the boys. I am proud of you all who have written in support of your friend amongst some of the gross comments written on this site. Please know that many people are praying for you and sending you support at this terrible time.

I am sorry for the family of the girl who will bear the shame of what her irresponsibility did.

Posted by: CJuPG ()
Date: November 02, 2014 07:30PM

To all the idiots who are seeing FFXU for the first time: we're horrible, mean people and we treat all dead people this way. Stop thinking you'll get special treatment.

To the idiot complaining that this is the first result on Google: do you realize that every time the friends and family of the dead post here, it only further cements it's position at the top? If you just stopped posting the thread will fade in oblivion within a week.

Solution to everyone's problems: stop coming here, stop posting here.

Posted by: corrected and fixed ()
Date: November 02, 2014 07:36PM

CJuPG Wrote:
> Solution to everyone's problems: stop coming here,
> stop posting here, stop parking on the Beltway.

Posted by: Jen h ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:11PM

Last time I checked "good parent" this could have happened to anyone. It has nothing to do with whether his parents are good parents(which I happen to know for a fact that they are). It is not a crime to go to a party, especially when you're responsible enough to find a ride home with someone you trust. They did what they were supposed to. They pulled over to wait for assistance; whereas the drunk driver broke the law and clearly crashed into a car that was not even in the road. On the subject of good parenting,sometimes kids get kidnapped at anytime of day. Does that mean it is the parents fault for letting them go places before 2:00 am?

Posted by: ... ()
Date: November 02, 2014 09:47PM

You are all idiots. He died because of the stupidity of others. He didn't do a single thing wrong. Rip Dom. Dingers for Dom.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ()
Date: November 02, 2014 09:49PM

By no means was blaming Drew, or anyone in that car for the incident. By "Dom deserves better" I was showing my disgust for these disrespectful comments about Dom AND those injured.

I am praying for Drew, PJ, Danny, Dom, and their families.

Running out of gas is not a crime. Being out at 2 am is not a crime. Having your kid be out at 2 am is not a crime. Drunk driving is.

Posted by: ......... ()
Date: November 02, 2014 09:55PM

Is this a fucking joke? This could literally happen to anybody. Being 17 has nothing to do with it. A drunk driver hitting you on the side of the road can kill you whether you're 17 or 30. And then trying to blame his parents? You can't be serious. His parents were gone at a hockey tournament for his sister. This was a very unfortunate freak accident. Out of all the places the driver could've swerved she swerved into their car. Whoever created the title " Another Dead High School Student who shouldn't be out at 2am" is a fucking idiot blaming a high school senior for being out late. It is senior year halloween on a Friday. Kids are gonna hang out and have fun you can't think you can just take that away because of the potential of a worst case scenario. Anyone who blames anyone but the driver's decision to drive impaired is an idiot.

Posted by: latest news ()
Date: November 03, 2014 04:56AM

Someone said that fisting was somehow involved in this tragedy. You people are all a bunch of sickos.

Posted by: mYLdh ()
Date: November 03, 2014 06:00AM

>Their age has nothing to do with being "ill-equipped to handle this situation." NO ONE IS!!!

ESL?

Posted by: Gonzaga sister ()
Date: November 03, 2014 06:52AM

First of all, it's horrible that people are blaming Andy May. Yes he should have had a full gas tank but it's not even close to drunk driving. it's completely wrong that this woman put herself behind the wheel. Especially since we stress not drinking and driving so much. The point is we lost Dom. My brother is a recent graduate from Gonzaga and he is friends with the Pettey's and the boys involved in the accident. I don't think some people realize how much sadness was put upon the Gonzaga community. When something like this happens we must all come together as one and pray for the families involved.

Posted by: Lisa Crock ()
Date: November 03, 2014 07:15AM

Thank you ... the voice of reason. finally. Why not do something useful, like Pray for this poor child and his family.

Posted by: 11999977 ()
Date: November 03, 2014 08:09AM

You're a real sick son of a bitch for this comment. All of those boys involved were close friends. And know the facts before posting on the internet. The car ran out of gas and all the boys were in the car when the drunk driver struck them. Instead of blaming Drew May maybe we should all blame the driver for her poor choices. Also to address the comments about the boys being out past 2am... We all know damn well at 17 and 18 you all were out until the early morning hours. So thank you for all those who showed support and sent prayers... And to those making disgusting comments go ahead and fuck yourself:)

Posted by: Dumb Driver, Dumb Friends ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:24AM

CJuPG Wrote:
> To all the idiots who are seeing FFXU for the
> first time: we're horrible, mean people and we
> treat all dead people this way. Stop thinking
> you'll get special treatment.
>
> To the idiot complaining that this is the first
> result on Google: do you realize that every time
> the friends and family of the dead post here, it
> only further cements it's position at the top? If
> you just stopped posting the thread will fade in
> oblivion within a week.
>
> Solution to everyone's problems: stop coming here,
> stop posting here.

Looks like his retarded friends aren't taking the advice and are continuing to post in this thread. Keep doing it guys: keep this thread alive, keep it the first result on a Google search.

Posted by: CH3NO2 ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:30AM

How do you run out of gas in NOVA? It's mot like they were driving across the Mojave Desert where this is one gas station every 300 miles.

Posted by: Tragedy Whore ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:34AM

Dumb Driver, Dumb Friends Wrote:
>
> Looks like his retarded friends aren't taking the
> advice and are continuing to post in this thread.
> Keep doing it guys: keep this thread alive, keep
> it the first result on a Google search.

Emotions are playing a role once again. First there is shock, then anger, then sadness, then questioning, then acceptance. When the driver and friends come to the questioning phase they will see what all these tragedy whores are saying - kids shouldn't be out late at night driving, regardless if they aren't drinking.

Posted by: another Gonzaga mom ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:44AM

To all Gonzaga families and Dom and Pettey friends,
Let's shut this thread down by not commenting any more. Like a bully on the playground, these inane commenters (who know nothing of the beautiful Pettey family or strong community of Gonzaga and other local high schools), are just trying to get a rise out of us and take advantage of a tragic situation to spew judgement and blame. They do not deserve our time or energy which is better spent supporting our Gonzaga community currently struggling with the great loss of Dom and praying for complete physical and emotional recovery for PJ, the Mays brothers and Sean, who all need our love and support (as well and Margaret Baisley and her family). Keep positive, keep smiling and supporting one another just as Dom would want and expect.

Posted by: Down by the Seaside ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:54AM

another Gonzaga mom Wrote:
>
> Let's shut this thread down by not commenting any
> more.

Yes....I think everyone should post in favor of this.

Posted by: Copperhead ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:58AM

What is a "left passenger seat"?

Posted by: PUyXX ()
Date: November 03, 2014 10:05AM

Copperhead Wrote:
> What is a "left passenger seat"?

The one in the back.

Also gonzaga mom: we literally don't care. We don't care about you or your feelings or reactions. To say this is happening because we're trying to get rise out of you is a mis-assessment of the situation. This whole shitstorm has been entirely the family and friends doing. If you guys never came on here in the first place this thread would've, as was said earlier, faded into oblivion.

Posted by: Bobby Boucher ()
Date: November 03, 2014 11:49AM

There have been many postings on FFXU over the past year alone about teens dying in the public schools (Woodson, being hit by a train twice), yet this thread has legs because of the all caring, all knowing, all being Private School entitled families in this region. As a product of a Jesuit education, I certainly understand the "men for others" mindset. Too bad the helo parents don't.

Posted by: Gassss ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:22PM

CH3NO2 Wrote:
> How do you run out of gas in NOVA? It's mot like
> they were driving across the Mojave Desert where
> this is one gas station every 300 miles.

Great question, back in the day we used to put a couple bucks worth of gas in the tank to get through the day, now kids with their parents cards can keep a full tank all the time.

My old car used to take five bucks to go from the bottom of empty to the top of empty, anything above that was a rare luxury, and I still never ran out of gas. Must be the stronger weed they have these days.

Posted by: A Human ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:32PM

Sad to see so many internet muscles on display here. Not a single one of you asshats would dare to say half this stuff to anyone's face.

Posted by: Struggling in McLean ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:37PM

Gassss Wrote:

> Great question, back in the day we used to put a
> couple bucks worth of gas in the tank to get
> through the day, now kids with their parents cards
> can keep a full tank all the time.
>
> My old car used to take five bucks to go from the
> bottom of empty to the top of empty, anything
> above that was a rare luxury, and I still never
> ran out of gas. Must be the stronger weed they
> have these days.

When my gas light goes on, I reset the trip meter and go at least 40 miles before running out of gas. But I wouldn't know any better as I live paycheck to paycheck and my kids don't go to a school that costs $20,000 a year each.

http://www.gonzaga.org/page.aspx?pid=477

Posted by: Put up your dukes ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:40PM

A Human Wrote:
> Sad to see so many internet muscles on display
> here. Not a single one of you asshats would dare
> to say half this stuff to anyone's face.

And you wouldnt say that ^ to anyone's face eaither so STFU.

Posted by: CtUbD ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:48PM

Put up your dukes Wrote:
> And you wouldnt say that ^ to anyone's face
> eaither so STFU.

No one would anything to anyone's face. That's why we internet.

Posted by: Pissedoffanon ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:49PM

UM ARE YOU A REAL PERSON??? GET THE FUCK OFF THIS FORUM YOU RACIST TRASH ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT MOURNING THE LOSS OF AN AWESOME GUY DP

Posted by: another thing ()
Date: November 03, 2014 02:01PM

Did the guy have his lights on? His blinkers? I'm guessing no flares which would have surely made the difference in this case.

How far off to the side were they parked? Did he have the car in neutral to better absorb the impact?

Posted by: Barney Fife ()
Date: November 03, 2014 02:25PM

another thing Wrote:
> Did the guy have his lights on? His blinkers? I'm
> guessing no flares which would have surely made
> the difference in this case.
>
> How far off to the side were they parked? Did he
> have the car in neutral to better absorb the
> impact?

If you ride with your mouth open in the wind and put your tongue against the roof of your mouth, its impossible to pronounce a word that begins with the letter 's'.

Posted by: cas ()
Date: November 03, 2014 04:44PM

who are you to judge this young man or anyone of this stupid blog? Anyone who thinks they have the right to post a story with a header such as this should be ashamed of themselves. maybe one day if you are ever a parent, or a friend of someone who dies too soon you'll rethink your sanctimonious judgment.

Posted by: Joe Friday and Saturday ()
Date: November 03, 2014 04:59PM

another thing Wrote:
> Did the guy have his lights on? His blinkers? I'm
> guessing no flares which would have surely made
> the difference in this case.
>
>
Oh yeah, flares make drunk drivers stay in thier lane.

Posted by: gw2002 ()
Date: November 03, 2014 05:07PM

This is a tragedy - you cowards here throwing nasty comments and blame around - stop hiding behind your anonymity. You wouldn't have the guts to say these things in public.

Posted by: Steven Hawkins ()
Date: November 03, 2014 05:28PM

gw2002 Wrote:
> This is a tragedy - you cowards here throwing
> nasty comments and blame around - stop hiding
> behind your anonymity. You wouldn't have the guts
> to say these things in public.

So lets have your name address and phone number, tough guy.

Date: November 03, 2014 05:35PM

cas Wrote:
> who are you to judge this young man or anyone of
> this stupid blog? Anyone who thinks they have the
> right to post a story with a header such as this
> should be ashamed of themselves. maybe one day if
> you are ever a parent, or a friend of someone who
> dies too soon you'll rethink your sanctimonious
> judgment.

My daughter lost her best friend to a very public accident a few years ago which killed 2 others when the driver ran from the scene. I am a parent, lived through and understand the tragedy everyone who knew these kids are experiencing. I harped on being out past midnight before and after my daughters friend died (btw they were supposed to be together that night, but I made her come home before midnight which saved her life) and make NO apologies for that headline. I will continue to drill into anyone's head that being out past midnight is asking for something bad to happen.

Posted by: Incredulous ()
Date: November 03, 2014 07:37PM

Entitled One is a complete numbnutswho's dumber thana tea partier. If vacuous had a picture next to it in the sictionar it would. Entitled One's. Dumbass.

Posted by: Pics or it didn't happen ()
Date: November 03, 2014 07:43PM

Pics of the deceased or it didn't happen.

Preferably nude....

Preferably hardcore or cumshots...

HONK HONK!

Posted by: Coward Bob Smith of 22030 ()
Date: November 03, 2014 07:44PM

What's your name?
Phone number?
Address?

Let's talk in public...

gw2002 Wrote:
> This is a tragedy - you cowards here throwing
> nasty comments and blame around - stop hiding
> behind your anonymity. You wouldn't have the guts
> to say these things in public.

Posted by: Homie D Clown ()
Date: November 03, 2014 09:36PM

What if..

If possible, get out of the car safely, even by exiting via the opposite side (non-traffic side), to make your way over the guard rail or barrier nearest the vehicle.

Sorry for ur loss.

RIP Dom.

Posted by: Andrewmxc ()
Date: November 03, 2014 11:50PM

I love how all of you who are posting to this do not know the whole freaking story. The car that the victim was in was heading home from a party and their car was out of gas. They had their flashers on and then Baisley who was driving the Jeep came from behind and hit them. She was impaired. I know this due to me hearing from family and also being a good friend of the victim so I should say that age does not matter at what time a person should be out. All of you are probably don't even know him and should shut up and go learn about the facts before you start to spew shit. He was a good friend and a brother to me. all of you dumb asses are spewing shit again and it makes me upset for you to be adding stuff that you don't even know about

Posted by: habatrail ()
Date: November 04, 2014 05:24AM

11999977 Wrote:
> You're a real sick son of a bitch for this
> comment. All of those boys involved were close
> friends. And know the facts before posting on the
> internet. The car ran out of gas and all the boys
> were in the car when the drunk driver struck them.
> Instead of blaming Drew May maybe we should all
> blame the driver for her poor choices. Also to
> address the comments about the boys being out past
> 2am... We all know damn well at 17 and 18 you all
> were out until the early morning hours. So thank
> you for all those who showed support and sent
> prayers... And to those making disgusting comments
> go ahead and fuck yourself:)

So these guys in the Honda were all gay lovers?

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: November 04, 2014 06:41AM

So is the dead nigger a nigger or not?

Posted by: Respectfully ()
Date: November 04, 2014 07:18AM

Andrewmxc Wrote:
> I love how all of you who are posting to this do
> not know the whole freaking story. The car that
> the victim was in was heading home from a party
> and their car was out of gas. They had their
> flashers on and then Baisley who was driving the
> Jeep came from behind and hit them. She was
> impaired. I know this due to me hearing from
> family and also being a good friend of the victim
> so I should say that age does not matter at what
> time a person should be out. All of you are
> probably don't even know him and should shut up
> and go learn about the facts before you start to
> spew shit. He was a good friend and a brother to
> me. all of you dumb asses are spewing shit again
> and it makes me upset for you to be adding stuff
> that you don't even know about

Thanks for posting that here, needed to be said, but one quick follow-up question, do you know why they got on the highway when they were so low on gas?

Posted by: Jack Shit ()
Date: November 04, 2014 07:24AM

That Baisley lady was just trying to give them a push to the gas station. Don't hate someone for trying to help.

Posted by: you ass ()
Date: November 04, 2014 09:26AM

Jack Shit Wrote:
> That Baisley lady was just trying to give them a
> push to the gas station. Don't hate someone for
> trying to help.

That's crass

Posted by: equality ()
Date: November 04, 2014 09:26AM

habatrail Wrote:
> 11999977 Wrote:
> -----
> > You're a real sick son of a bitch for this
> > comment. All of those boys involved were close
> > friends. And know the facts before posting on
> the
> > internet. The car ran out of gas and all the
> boys
> > were in the car when the drunk driver struck
> them.
> > Instead of blaming Drew May maybe we should all
> > blame the driver for her poor choices. Also to
> > address the comments about the boys being out
> past
> > 2am... We all know damn well at 17 and 18 you
> all
> > were out until the early morning hours. So
> thank
> > you for all those who showed support and sent
> > prayers... And to those making disgusting
> comments
> > go ahead and fuck yourself:)
>
>
> So these guys in the Honda were all gay lovers?

Yes they are gay but what does that have to do with anything?

Posted by: andrewmxc ()
Date: November 04, 2014 10:19AM

Just looking at all this sickens me. I think that they thought they had enough gas, but they were wrong and also something else was wrong with the car and they had their flashers on. Also stop blaming the drive Drew May again a friend of mine i ran cross country with at St. John's so stop making this situation worse. None of you well a few of you knew these kids, but stop hating on them and they are good kids and also they are not Gay. They are a bunch of high school guys and graduates having a good time as friends on Halloween night and early morning. How would you like it if that was one of yours friends that was the one that was killed then how would you feel. So SHUT UP AND REFLECT ON WHAT YOU WROTE!!!

Posted by: Grim Reaper ()
Date: November 04, 2014 11:19AM

andrewmxc Wrote:
......They are a bunch of high school guys and
> graduates having a good time as friends on
> Halloween night and early morning....

When you play with me, sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug.

Posted by: notanignorantgirl ()
Date: November 04, 2014 04:48PM

A Good Parent Wrote:
> Anonymous 2 Wrote:
> -----
> > Sam, you are the man. Dominick deserves better
> > than this.
>
> You're right - Dominick deserves parents who would
> enforce rules about teens staying out late.
> Andrew May deserves to rot in hell for not fueling
> up his car for that 20 minute drive from Fairfax
> County back to MoCo. And lastly, Margaret Baisley
> deserves the book thrown at her for drinking and
> driving! Call Uber or sober ride!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!! You have no right to blame Andrew May or Dominik's parents because it is not their fault! You are completely wrong when you say that. The driver that hit them is at full blame for this accident and if you are "a good parents" then you would know not to blame them. The boys were doing the right thing by having a sober driver and by saying "Andrew May deserves to rot in hell for not fueling up his car for that 20 minute drive from Fairfax County back to MoCo" is completely out of line. He was being responsible as were the boys in the car by having a sober driver. You also have absolutely no idea what the families of the 5 boys are going through and you have no idea how this affecting the boys in the car so you can take your ignorant comments and keep them to yourself. Dominik deserves better and so does his family, friends, and boys in the car.

Posted by: MK ()
Date: November 04, 2014 05:25PM

>
> My daughter lost her best friend to a very public
> accident a few years ago which killed 2 others
> when the driver ran from the scene. I am a
> parent, lived through and understand the tragedy
> everyone who knew these kids are experiencing. I
> harped on being out past midnight before and after
> my daughters friend died (btw they were supposed
> to be together that night, but I made her come
> home before midnight which saved her life) and
> make NO apologies for that headline. I will
> continue to drill into anyone's head that being
> out past midnight is asking for something bad to
> happen.

Well, you're a judgmental fucking idiot. It's a miracle that your daughter survived this long with you as a parent given your stupidity. This could have happened at any time, to anybody. It's not up to you to decide what the appropriate time for anyone's kid to come home is. With your arbitrary midnight rule, who's to say that the driver that killed your daughter's best friend couldn't have left where she was coming from a little earlier and taken your daughter? Instead of sitting on your sanctimonious high chair (use dictionary.com to find the definition of sanctimonious, because there's no way a mouth-breather like you knows what that means), remember, and I'm not a religious person, but judge not, lest ye be judged.

As for the driver, I think it's very likely that 'impaired'=drunk. But the investigation is ongoing. If she was drunk, I hope she gets the most the legal system can throw at her. There is a possibility (however small) that she could have had a stroke or a heart attack. Unlikely, yes, at 24, but still possible. So let's reserve judgment on her as well until all the facts are in. If and when she is charged with DWI and her BAC comes back as proving she had been drinking, then we can go after her.

For those of you who are having fun at the expense of this poor deceased 17 year old and his injured friends, I really don't know how you live with yourselves. I imagine you are the same people that if something like this happened to a loved one of yours, you would be the first to be offended. You are truly terrible horrible people.

Posted by: man ()
Date: November 04, 2014 08:02PM

All good kids. Just a few bad decisions. Sad.

Posted by: never now ()
Date: November 04, 2014 08:13PM

man Wrote:
> All good kids. Just a few bad decisions. Sad.

Maybe not, could have been the next Justin Wolfe.

Posted by: EYC ()
Date: November 04, 2014 08:15PM

I know very well the father of the boy who is currently in critical condition. This is not the time to be saying horrible things about the people involved. This is the time to pray for healing, both physically and emotionally, and to support the families involved. Pointing blame now, after the fact, does nothing. We need to continue has a society to make sure no one ever gets behind the wheel impaired, but also to remember to keep oneself accountable. And maybe this story can also highlight some highway safety protocol like what does one do when they have a flat or are waiting for gas like these kids were...I keep hearing you are supposed to step away from your car. I don't think I'd know to do that - especially if it was crazy cold and I knew that help was on the way quickly.

I bet all of the people who said such horrible things here - I bet you yourself have made choices that COULD have ended in serious consequences, but you were just lucky they didn't. Ms. Paisley - not so lucky. She will have to live with that the rest of her life - there is no point in adding additional condemnation. Put yourself in her shoes. And in the shoes of the families mourning for their children who should never have to be this close to tragedy at such an early age.

Even if the kids were being mischievous - that shouldn't cost them their lives. But, in this instance, they weren't. These were all good kids, stand up families and just a very unfortunate situation. Please take your awfully negative energy and focus it on helping those around you and not further damaging society. There is of course a lot of anger around some of the comments because you realize this was a senseless loss - and I get that. But does this anger accomplish anything? It definitely doesn't if it's misinformed and misguided.

Posted by: info seek ()
Date: November 05, 2014 11:24AM

What is the latest on the jeep driver? Was she in fact drunk?

Posted by: mjs82 ()
Date: November 05, 2014 11:54AM

info seek Wrote:
> What is the latest on the jeep driver? Was she in
> fact drunk?

You really think the press will do any real follow up reporting... HA...now that is funny...

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.