HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Clashing Religions
Posted by: Joe David ()
Date: October 29, 2014 08:40PM

Author Joe David will be the luncheon speaker at the Women’s National Democratic Club (WNDC), November 11, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. where he will discuss the story behind his book, The Infidels, a fictionalization of a genocide his mother miraculously survived 100 years ago in Persia.

The Infidels is set in Northwestern Persia in 1914. It is the year when the Muslim Turks, with the blessings of the Germans, began savagely massacring millions of Christians during a jihad, declared to cleanse the Ottoman Empire of “infidels.” “The story I tell isn’t too much different from the story we hear coming from the Middle East today,” the author said. “In this case, it is the story my mother once lived as a young girl in Persia, and what many Christians and non-believers of Islam know today in the Middle East.”

“Clashing Religions: Reconstructing my mother’s World War I Genocide story” is a talk about the past and the author’s attempt to connect the broken pieces of his mother’s childhood and bring them to life for his readers to understand. “What had happened then between the two clashing religions,” David said, “isn’t too different to what is happening today in the Middle East.”

The Luncheon is open to non-members of the WNDC. Luncheon is $30 (non-members); $20 (members); and $10 for only the talk. Autographed copies of The Infidels will be available for purchase at $18.95 each.

For reservations, contact:
Women’s National Democratic Club
1526 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
202-232-7363; www.democraticwoman.org

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.