HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Construction on I66 Inside Beltway
Posted by: Route66 ()
Date: October 29, 2014 06:24PM

Now that the Silver line is running, I noticed that there is still construction in the center of I66 inside the BW. Does anyone know what this work happens to be? Are they widening it?

Thanks for any serious and sober replies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Construction on I66 Inside Beltway
Posted by: Spot improvements ()
Date: October 29, 2014 06:29PM

I believe part of the spot improvements project for Washington St/Sycamore

Re: Construction on I66 Inside Beltway
Posted by: V-Dottie ()
Date: October 29, 2014 09:13PM

I-66 Spot Improvements - Spot 2

Westbound from Washington Boulevard in Arlington to the Dulles Access Road in Fairfax

Project at a Glance
Begin Date: January 2014
Est Completion Date: August 2015

This project will connect the Washington Boulevard on-ramp to the off-ramp at the Dulles Airport Access Road, creating a one-mile stretch of auxiliary lane to improve operations and safety on westbound I-66.

A new 12-foot-wide shoulder will also be constructed, with full-strength pavement capable of carrying traffic during emergencies.

A similar project was completed in December 2011, extending the acceleration lane at the Fairfax Drive on-ramp (just west of George Mason Drive) to the deceleration lane at the Sycamore Street off-ramp, creating a continuous auxiliary lane of almost two miles between the two ramps. A new 12-foot-wide shoulder was also constructed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.