HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I hate homework now just as much as I did then
Posted by: work at home ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:23AM

I never did homework as a kid, that's how I ended up at Mason, I managed to get through school by listening in class on occasion and cheating. After graduating and getting a job I did just fine, so it turned out that I was right and all those teachers were wrong.

Now as a parent I can't stand how much homework my kids get. Is there any reason why an elementary student year old needs to spend an hour or more a night studying? The county guidelines say that they are supposed to be limited to 30-60 minutes a night, but if you complain they'll tell you that none of the other kids have a problem and that your kid is an idiot, meanwhile he's kicking their asses on the standardized tests.

The big talk among the parents is that studies show that homework is useless so why can't we just opt out for our kids? School days are long enough, I want my kids to be able to run around outside, read, and play the expensive video games I bought them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I hate homework now just as much as I did then
Posted by: Good Show ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:49AM

The best kind of trolling is stealth trolling where one cannot tell if it's a serious gripe post or if baiting others to makes asses of themselves.

Re: I hate homework now just as much as I did then
Posted by: won't need Mason either ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:22PM

The only homework your kid needs is to learn how to bow.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.