HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who thought it was a good idea to reopen Springfield Town Center with lots of empty storefronts and only 2 places to eat in the food court?
Posted by: FAIL FAIL FAIL ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:02PM

fail1.jpg

Who thought it was a good idea?
Where did these Vornado & Preit suits go to school?
FCPS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who thought it was a good idea to reopen Springfield Town Center with lots of empty storefronts and only 2 places to eat in the food court?
Posted by: Mara ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:03PM

MS-13

Re: Who thought it was a good idea to reopen Springfield Town Center with lots of empty storefronts and only 2 places to eat in the food court?
Posted by: Hillary C ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:28AM

Obama.

Posted by: v6uvl ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:34PM

Perfect timing on this post. Couldn't agree more. I stopped by there today to check it out. The mall does look nicer on the inside, I'll give them that. But most of the stores are "coming soon" and there were only two food places open at the food court. Panda XPress and Sarku Japan. I shit you not when I tell you there were about 50 people in line for each place today. I guess they were so entranced by the new mall that they forgot that places do exist on the outside from which to purchase food. No way would my ass stand in that line for that crap food.

The only other place serving food was Auntie Anne's. Even they had a line 20 people deep. Absurd.

Posted by: Jack Reaper ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:13PM

v6uvl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perfect timing on this post. Couldn't agree more.
> I stopped by there today to check it out. The
> mall does look nicer on the inside, I'll give them
> that. But most of the stores are "coming soon"
> and there were only two food places open at the
> food court. Panda XPress and Sarku Japan. I shit
> you not when I tell you there were about 50 people
> in line for each place today. I guess they were
> so entranced by the new mall that they forgot that
> places do exist on the outside from which to
> purchase food. No way would my ass stand in that
> line for that crap food.
>
> The only other place serving food was Auntie
> Anne's. Even they had a line 20 people deep.
> Absurd

No kidding. I tried to eat at Maggiano's and was told the wait was 45-60 mins. Nope, went to Mike's American Grill instead. Overall, the mall has the same layout as before, with a lot of stores not open yet.

Posted by: I love Panda Express but........ ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:21PM

I love Panda Express but no way in hell am I going to wait in a 50 person line to eat something from there.

Posted by: EJ3CE ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:21PM

They didn't even bother to repave the parking lot or clean the facades of the anchor stores. It's a fucking dump, full of cheap-o furniture and empty storefronts.

It was a good idea to reopen Springfield Town Center!
Posted by: Haters gonna Hate ()
Date: October 25, 2014 07:29PM

Just got back from Chuys. Nice Tex-Mex joint. Inside looks great though parking is still crazy.

Much more upscale than old mall.

Overall a nice addition to Spfld

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:39PM

I love Panda Express but........ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love Panda Express but no way in hell am I going
> to wait in a 50 person line to eat something from
> there.

If the owner's were smart they would jack the prices up until there is more competition. Might as well be flush with cash being one of the few choices. How else does the movie theater get away with the prices they charge for popcorn and soda?

Posted by: Barkley ()
Date: October 25, 2014 11:09PM

Ugh. The parking garage already smells of urine.

Posted by: Nohappiyet ()
Date: October 26, 2014 03:24AM

I was disappointed as well. Was the same lay out, nothing exciting at all. The should have added another tier/3rd level. Right now there are some of the same crappy stores and numerous H&M and forever 21...how many of those do we need to see? Should be better when the other stores open, but I haven't seen opening dates yet. Maybe by xmas? Ate at Maggiano's, yum. Going to try Chuy's now that I see its opened. Overall, eh...not great but hoping it will be enough to raise our house prices :)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.