HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Burke Lake Rd onto Braddock
Posted by: JBW ()
Date: October 24, 2014 03:42PM

All right, let's go over this again. Coming east on Burke Lake Rd, you'll get to Braddock Rd where there's a light. If the green arrow is on, proceed. if it's NOT on, come to a stop. But you don't need to sit and sit and sit, waiting for the spirit to move you. If you'll recall, we have a little-known law that's been on the books for decades called RIGHT ON RED.

So here's what to do when the light is red (follow me, now, because this is apparently going to be complicated): Stop at the light, but LOOK at east-bound Braddock Rd traffic BRIEFLY as you approach the corner. You'll note that even if there's traffic, it's in the MIDDLE lane by the time it reaches you, and you have a CLEAR, SEPARATE, DEDICATED RIGHT LANE ALL THE WAY TO 495.

What could this mean? It means you can GO without sitting until it turns green. You have a lane--waiting for you, it's all yours, it's free, and it's not going anywhere. MAKE THE TURN, and let all those cars behind you go through, too. Don't sit there like a lump; you've got a lane. Use it. Go, already.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Burke Lake Rd onto Braddock
Posted by: Brad Ock ()
Date: October 24, 2014 03:59PM

I feel your pain. I too sit behind idiots that don't know they have their own dedicated lane turning onto Braddock. I sometimes blow through the light during rush hour just so the people behind me know it's safe to turn into the traffic. No one will run into you. If they do, it's their fault because they will be changing lanes in an intersection, which is illegal.

Posted by: Burka Smirka ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:05PM

Sadly, most of the people you're addressing won't read this post. You should put up a sign at that intersection.

Posted by: KingsParkMom ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:19PM

Brad Ock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel your pain. I too sit behind idiots that
> don't know they have their own dedicated lane
> turning onto Braddock. I sometimes blow through
> the light during rush hour just so the people
> behind me know it's safe to turn into the traffic.
> No one will run into you. If they do, it's their
> fault because they will be changing lanes in an
> intersection, which is illegal.

I reported this post to the Fairfax Police Office! They will trace your IP address, they will come to your house, and they will jail you for WRECK-LESS DRIVING!

Posted by: xYZ ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:23PM

It's been like this for over 25+ years. Where have you been?

Posted by: kev ()
Date: October 24, 2014 05:26PM

Brad Ock Wrote:
> I feel your pain. I too sit behind idiots that
> don't know they have their own dedicated lane
> turning onto Braddock. I sometimes blow through
> the light during rush hour just so the people
> behind me know it's safe to turn into the traffic.
> No one will run into you. If they do, it's their
> fault because they will be changing lanes in an
> intersection, which is illegal.

I would at least stop/pause to look to make sure no ones changing into that lane. I mean, if you get side swiped or rear ended by someone cruising at 50mph then who cares who's at fault, when you could end up in the hospital.

Posted by: PTpnv ()
Date: October 24, 2014 06:29PM

There was a cop sitting on east bound braddock before the intersection this morning at 7:15. It did not take him long to catch a car turning on red without stopping.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: October 24, 2014 06:57PM

KingsParkMom Wrote:
> Brad Ock Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I feel your pain. I too sit behind idiots that
> > don't know they have their own dedicated lane
> > turning onto Braddock. I sometimes blow
> through
> > the light during rush hour just so the people
> > behind me know it's safe to turn into the
> traffic.
> > No one will run into you. If they do, it's
> their
> > fault because they will be changing lanes in an
> > intersection, which is illegal.
>
>
> I reported this post to the Fairfax Police Office!
> They will trace your IP address, they will come to
> your house, and they will jail you for WRECK-LESS
> DRIVING!

Wait...you're KingsParkMom?

Well, I'm calling I.C.E. and giving them YOUR ip address...they're always interested in the whereabouts of another brown, savage, illegal, mud-person...

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: October 24, 2014 07:52PM

Newsflash: this area is full of non driving cunts

Posted by: Brad Oxck ()
Date: October 24, 2014 08:37PM

Oh yeah? So what's my IP then, ass hat?

Posted by: douchebags ()
Date: October 24, 2014 08:45PM

JBW Wrote:
> All right, let's go over this again. Coming east
> on Burke Lake Rd, you'll get to Braddock Rd where
> there's a light. If the green arrow is on,
> proceed. if it's NOT on, come to a stop. But you
> don't need to sit and sit and sit, waiting for the
> spirit to move you. If you'll recall, we have a
> little-known law that's been on the books for
> decades called RIGHT ON RED.
>

Where did your silly ass get the idea that the right on red law REQUIRES one to turn right on red? It allows it, it does not require it. MetroBuses even have a sign on the back stating that the bus does not turn on red.

Are you one of the stupid motherfuckers that blows your hoen when somebody doesn't turn on red, or doesn't turn fast enough to suit you? Well, I hope you're never get behind me. Blow at me and I ain't going 'til the green light. Get as mad as you want, drive up on the sidewalk and go around me if you want. But for God's sake, don't get out of your car, douchebag.

Posted by: Bobo ()
Date: October 24, 2014 08:57PM

People just don't realize that they actually have their own lane to turn onto. They think it's three lanes coming through. It's only two. It really helps the traffic flow in that lane during rush hour times. That intersection can really back up if the cars don't turn.

Posted by: except ()
Date: October 24, 2014 10:06PM

My neighbor was hit by someone swerving from the center to the right lane on Braddock Road as she went from a full stop from Burke Lake.

She received multiple tickets because the cop said the red light made HER responsible for anticipating that the lane changer would do just that. In addition to the fines, her insurance company dropped her even though it was only her second accident.

I would not advise that Burke Lake Road drivers push their rights at this intersection.

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: October 24, 2014 10:37PM

Twenty years ago this was not a problem at this intersection, everyone got it. It seems to have gotten bad over the last ten years.

Posted by: JBW ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:09AM

There's a lane provided for the timid among us, and it's the lane to the left of the rightmost one. If you're too afraid to turn (and no, you don't HAVE to, but we're in a busy region with people who prefer to get somewhere), then avail yourself of the chicken lane for the sake of your fellow drivers. Since going straight isn't an option, it's not like you'll be doing anything else. So pull up your panties and go for it.

Posted by: Tickets Suck ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:50PM

Last May I came down the right lane of Burke Lake Road and stopped at the light. I saw the cop to my left monitoring the intersection. I turned right - safely - and a car from Braddock pulled in behind me. The cop pulled in behind him. The cop then swerves around the guy behind me and pulls me over at Danbury Forest. He gave ME a ticket for failure to yield. I went to court and told the judge what happened. Even brought pictures and drawings to show how absurd the ticket was. The judge said he was familiar with the intersection and there were too many accidents there. Found me guilty.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.