HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is it legal to catch the deers in my yard and eat them?
Posted by: Gerhardt ()
Date: June 19, 2006 02:02PM

Is it legal to catch the deers in my yard and eat them?

There are usually 8 to 10 deers(usually females) that
walk around my yard... they even sleep in my yard... :(

thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it legal to catch the deers in my yard and eat them?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 19, 2006 03:56PM

Deer is both a plural and singular word, kids.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:51PM

Gerhardt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it legal to catch the deers in my yard and eat
> them?
>
> There are usually 8 to 10 deers(usually females)
> that
> walk around my yard... they even sleep in my
> yard... :(
>
> thanks!

Good Lord, Gerhardt. You are breathing a sense of wonder and hope into this idle, sickly board. God bless you, my son.

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:52PM

Deers hate retards

Posted by: trickieL ()
Date: June 19, 2006 05:20PM

Well I don't think you can shoot a gun in Fairfax County unless you are a criminal, but perhaps you could trap them somehow. They must be tame deer who are used to people. I saw some like that at FountainHead Park. They just look at me and then they sit down to lick themselves like a dog would. I bet if you did try to catch them, they would run.

Trickie

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: June 19, 2006 06:46PM

Find out when bowhunting season is open, get your license, and have at it.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 19, 2006 08:10PM

Yeah I used to catch a ride with an NRA instructor and he told me FCPD wouldn't let him shoot a deer he had hit to put it out of its misery... he had to use a bat or something. This was in the middle of nowhere overnight.

Posted by: Chief Hiawatha ()
Date: June 19, 2006 09:48PM

No hunting out of season, but here's what you do: Tie a rope around a young, flexible tree. Make a loop around the other end of the rope and bend the tree over. Place some food or something that might attract the deer to it and when the deer steps in the rope--Gotcha!--the rope snags the deer as the tree snaps up.

Or, get a really big box. Place a stick on one side of the box while it is upside down creating a cave like effect. Tie a long string around the stick. Place some food or something to attract the deer to the box. Wait patiently. When the deer goes to check out what's under the box, yank the string trapping the deer in the box.

In either case, once the deer is snagged you will then have to find a way to make him stop breathing. I'll leave that up to you. Good luck!

Posted by: Boy Scout ()
Date: June 19, 2006 10:45PM

Climb a tree and wait for one to walk under you. Then, you simply drop down on top of it and stab it in the side with a long knife. Be sure to penetrate the ribs and puncture the heart, or at least a lung. It should collapse to the ground from the weight of your fall and and the damage done from the knife should keep it down.

Let the last sound it hears be your maniacal laughter as you slit its throat with the knife and drink the warm blood that spurts from its arteries as you stare it in the eye.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: June 20, 2006 10:50AM

trickieL Wrote:
> Well I don't think you can shoot a gun in Fairfax
> County unless you are a criminal,

Call the cops and tell them the deer are gambling, let them do the shooting.

Oh and that last post has me LOLing and ROTFLMAOing all over the place, funny shit

Posted by: Pinkprincess06 ()
Date: June 20, 2006 07:48PM

that is so natsy to harm a innocent animal

Posted by: M ()
Date: June 21, 2006 12:32AM

The deer are innocent till they end up on a road one night and a car hits them.

It gets real nasty when the deer are on the hood of a car half dead but still kicking at the window and glass starts flying.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 21, 2006 02:21AM

Pinkprincess06 Wrote:
> that is so natsy to harm a innocent animal

since when were animals innocent? im sure when you are mauled by a bear, you will understand my point.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: WestOx ()
Date: June 21, 2006 05:48PM

My Relative in Ohio told me there is a law there that states, "Road kill can be claimed if wild game and animal control are notified. You can then claim the VARMENT CARCASS"

LOL Varment. Last time I heard that word used Yosemite Sam was yelling at Bugs bunny

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: June 21, 2006 09:58PM

I know a girl who was killed by a deer. They were driving south on 95 and they hit a deer. The deer went thru the windshild and she was decapitated by the deer.She was going to look at colleges like William and Mary.

Trickie

Date: June 21, 2006 10:57PM

That poor deer, I am sorry your friend killed it.

Posted by: Tommy Callahan ()
Date: June 21, 2006 11:02PM

I had a friend named Richard and we were driving down the road one time in his 1967 GTX when all of a sudden this deer appeared in the road and we hit it. We put it in the backseat to try and save it's life but next thing you know, the deer wakes up and goes ballistic! It tore through the rag top and went crazy until it was able to get out of the car. It Was Awwwwwwwwsome!!!

Date: June 21, 2006 11:05PM

That story would have been better if the deer had gored your friend to death while you screamed helplessly, and left you in tatters beside the torn-off roof on the ground, barely able to survive to tell us the tale.

Posted by: Tommy Callahan ()
Date: June 21, 2006 11:06PM

watch movies much um-dum?

Date: June 21, 2006 11:15PM

Oh come on Tommy, I can't be the first person you told that story too that wished you had been horribly injured by the deer.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: June 22, 2006 01:03AM

Tricki Wrote:
> I know a girl who was killed by a deer. They were
> driving south on 95 and they hit a deer. The deer
> went thru the windshild and she was decapitated by
> the deer.She was going to look at colleges like
> William and Mary.
>
> Trickie

My sister knew her too, crazy story.

Posted by: Ren Höek ()
Date: June 25, 2006 11:09PM

My mom is half deer. I am offended by these posts.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 26, 2006 04:36PM

I hit a deer in my 98 Sienna on FC parkway before the changeover to Fran-Spring Pkwy where theres the low place in the woods. (wonder if thats flooded now) It took out the entire front of the car and insurance said it was totaled so I got a new car (yay) It limped off in to the woods and I called cops and they had to shoot it.

Posted by: tsugatoes ()
Date: June 26, 2006 08:23PM

Many deer are infested with ticks. Some ticks carry Lyme disease, which is nasty but rarely fatal. If you eat a deer infected with Lyme disease you will have Lyme disease. While less exotic, your local supermarket is a better bet for your carnivore fix.

Posted by: WestOx ()
Date: June 26, 2006 08:26PM

I think gerhardt is a deer. Like that old man in the falloutboy video.. he just is into canabalism

Date: June 26, 2006 08:58PM

lyme disease has been linked with the onset of some cases of MS. Nasty is kind of an understatement for a disease that may be able to that.

Posted by: Dizbuster ()
Date: June 27, 2006 01:15AM

If it's a buck, spray yourself down with "Granpa's Downhome Doe Scent" and try to get as close as you can to it. Then get down on all fours and pretend your a female deer and turn your back towards him. This will convince the buck that the females on your property are stuck up and he'll have to go some place else to find a wife.
Works every time!

Date: June 27, 2006 04:36AM

a machete is faster.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

It is illegal to discharge a gun in FFX
Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: July 01, 2006 11:10AM

It is illegal to discharge a firearm in FFX unless you are at an approved shooting range. If you discharge a gun in a place with more than one resident the punishment is 10 days in jail. And, yes you do get jail time. I know because one of my friends spent 10 days in County jail for doing so.

Date: July 01, 2006 05:15PM

You have the right to defend your home and person so I don't buy that statement in total. There is no point to having a weapon for home defense if you cannot fire it when needed. And I would not hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later if some asshole broke into my house, and from the conversations I have had with police, the cops would not arrest you if an investigation revealed that to be the case.

If you meant "cannot discharge for any other reason but defending the inside of your home", then I believe and support it.

Posted by: Daniel-J ()
Date: July 03, 2006 11:57AM

Yes, you can shoot someone while defending your self however, even if you were defending yourself in your own house. You better believe youll(mostlikely) have to defend yourself in court. You better hope you didnt shoot the guy in the back.. and if he is in the yard, your basically screwed also.

Now keep in mind we are talking about fairfax..
Elsewhere it might be a little more lax.

Posted by: Lawman ()
Date: July 03, 2006 12:11PM

It is illegal in the State of Va to protect property with deadly force. It's called murder.

However, if you believe your life is in danger then you can protect your life by taking another.

Posted by: § ()
Date: July 03, 2006 02:21PM

If someone breaks into your home and comes after you, it's imperative to shoot to kill. You'll have an affirmative defense of protecting yourself and no opportunity for counter-testimony who could say, "I thought this was my friend's house, my bad." or "I was shot AFTER I dropped my weapon and surrendered". If you don't shoot to kill and say, paralyze someone, they can always come after you in civil court if they have a crafty contingent fee-based personal injury lawyer, despite the outcome on the criminal side -§

Date: July 04, 2006 12:26AM

In VA you are always legally considered having life and limb in danger if an intruder is in your house. I agree with the above poster that you have an imperative to shoot and an affirmative defense, which I also agree you will be presenting in court.

I just said you have the right to kill in defense, I omitted that I do fully expect you would have to answer for that in court.

And let's not forget the mothers milk of making your point... precedent. I am sure there is precedent going both ways, but at the very least, it will stray towards an intruder's killing being considered a necessary evil. This is Virginia, not some pussy state like MAssachussetts. We defend our families here and don't think about public opinion before we do so.

And if you really are a lawman, "lawman", I wouldn't want you coming anywhere nearmy house in response to a call. I would rather have a cop with calm common sense and a lack of desire to be argumentative.

Date: July 06, 2006 09:07PM

Esp. in western VA, (not VW, western VA) the cops are hard to come by and most people take care of things themselves.

There was some guy on WWPV that took down some criminal that busted around his house avoiding cops with a gun in CA i think.

Ya always gotta kill them Harsh yes, but I don't wanna shell out 5 million b/c the bitch got off on some small thing.

Date: July 06, 2006 09:13PM

I agree. The guy was right about shooting them in the back though. Shoot them in the back of the knee to get them down, then face them forward and shoot them in the chest or head. Say you shot the bastard to injure and he became enraged and turned around to come back at you, so you clearly had to shoot to kill. Oh and make sure you find his weapon and place it in or near his hands.

Or something.

Posted by: LanEvo ()
Date: July 06, 2006 10:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2011 10:49PM by LanEvo.

Date: July 07, 2006 09:48AM

O yeah, I just read about that.

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: July 07, 2006 10:48AM

http://flathat.wm.edu/August271999/newsmain.html

This is the link to the story about girl killed by deer.

Date: July 07, 2006 11:17AM

if it's the last one on the page, ive found a cached copy on google because all those links are busted

Google Cache

Posted by: Dick Johnson ()
Date: February 29, 2016 01:15AM

No

Posted by: Deer Whisperer ()
Date: February 29, 2016 09:06AM

Put a White Lives Matter sign on the deer. BLM thugs will come stomp it to death.

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: February 29, 2016 11:48AM

Answer to initial question based on summary of comments: Put deer bait in a part of the house that is easy to clean up, open front door, wait for deer to come to the bait, shoot that mother fucker between the eyes, make sure its a fatal shot so he can't sue you.

Posted by: bambi ()
Date: February 29, 2016 04:20PM

Not sure about deer, but you are free to light liberal democrats on fire anytime.

Posted by: Tamara Takaoka ()
Date: February 29, 2016 04:50PM

My Uncle Dean Takaoka catches dogs around Fairfax and eats them. I don't see why not deer.

Posted by: Tounge Erection ()
Date: February 29, 2016 07:29PM

Gerhardt Wrote:
> Is it legal to catch the deers in my yard and eat
> them?
>
> There are usually 8 to 10 deers(usually females)
> that
> walk around my yard... they even sleep in my
> yard... :(
>
> thanks!

You might as well eat the deer, because you stand no chance of eating any pussy.

Posted by: caught i?t ()
Date: February 29, 2016 07:49PM

what would you do once you caught i?t

Posted by: TK3eK ()
Date: March 01, 2016 08:58AM

TK3eK

Posted by: PYXKY ()
Date: March 01, 2016 12:16PM

yes,

ONLY DURING HUNTING SEASON, and without use of a 1mi range firearm,

of course

however with your new brave power you should realize that civilization and farming is a better answer than trap and game

for example: virginia deer are known to carry lyme disease, and many have caught it - though were feeding themselves and it was not "a game"

Posted by: Dears & Broccoli ()
Date: March 01, 2016 02:17PM

You would be really walking a fine line with FFX Co regulations. It would be best to obtain your venison fresh from the parkway, similar to what this enterprising owner of a Chinese restaurant did recently outside of Charlotte.

http://myfox8.com/2016/01/21/owner-apologizes-for-bringing-roadkill-to-nc-chinese-restaurant/

Posted by: Colonel Howdy ()
Date: March 01, 2016 03:22PM

Put a badge on the deer, and niggers will swing over and shoot the deer for you.

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: March 01, 2016 07:02PM

Hubby says to shoot it, place a knife in its hoof and claim self defense.

Posted by: pDEEC ()
Date: March 01, 2016 10:05PM

>It would be best to obtain your venison fresh from the parkway, similar to what this enterprising owner of a Chinese restaurant did recently outside of Charlotte.

Is this chinaman named Takaoka?

Posted by: totuan ()
Date: March 01, 2016 10:47PM

I don't think it's legal to catch a deer and eat it. I think you have to cook it first.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: March 01, 2016 11:39PM

"Catch it" like with a fishing net? Lol.

Posted by: Fuck you, 2006 ASSHOLE ()
Date: March 02, 2016 08:39AM

9vNFv

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.