HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What We Need to Do in Fairfax County - Citizen Pulls Over COP- Issues Warning
Posted by: Funny Stuff ()
Date: October 22, 2014 04:33PM

In a classic tale of the hunter becoming the hunted, a police officer in Washington was recently pulled over and asked for I.D. by a concerned citizen.

Gavin Seim, who describes himself as a liberty activist and who ran for Congress this year, recorded his interaction with Deputy Canfield in Grant County, Washington. The video, uploaded October 14, has garnered more than 1 million views.

Seim flagged down what appeared to be an unmarked police car on patrol. Under Washington law, all police vehicles must be clearly marked unless they're being used for undercover purposes. Seim first asks the office to see his I.D. The amused Deputy Canfield is reluctant at first to play the role of contrite motorist.

"This is my ID right here," the officer says, pointing to the police patch on his uniform.

"That's not ID, sir," Seim says. "If I showed you a badge if you stopped me, would you take that as ID? C'mon. Let's be reasonable. Anybody can have a patch, sir."

Deputy Canfield then realizes Seim is serious and hands him two forms of ID. Canfield admits he has been pulling motorists over and ticketing them in the unmarked car. Seim is understanding, however. Instead of calling for a sheriff to remove the illegal vehicle from the road, Seim issues Canfield a warning.

"I'm not going to write you up today," Seim says. "What I am going to encourage you to do is take this car back."

Seim posted video and described the interaction on his blog, Call Me Gav. He wrote that while Canfield was polite, and did everything right in this instance, citizens should not back down from police abuse of power.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What We Need to Do in Fairfax County - Citizen Pulls Over COP- Issues Warning
Posted by: Full Link ()
Date: October 22, 2014 04:36PM

Re: What We Need to Do in Fairfax County - Citizen Pulls Over COP- Issues Warning
Posted by: Asshole Spotter ()
Date: October 22, 2014 04:40PM

Fair warning: Be sure to move to Washington state before trying this at home.

Posted by: Same Laws ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:00PM

Police officers in Fairfax county have to obey the same laws as residents.

Posted by: Baloney Story ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:57PM

Everyone knows if he tried that his face would be black and blue

Posted by: Officer Joe Bolton ()
Date: October 22, 2014 07:01PM

Same Laws Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Police officers in Fairfax county have to obey the
> same laws as residents.

You're delusional. This isn't true anywhere. LEO's are given considerable latitude and discretion in bending and breaking laws and ordinances when such is justified by the exigencies of official business.

Posted by: Mr. Welby ()
Date: October 22, 2014 07:20PM

I have considered pulling FFCo police over many times, but they are backed by CA Morrogh and a lot of corrupt judges 100% of the time even when they commit 1st degree murder!

Don't fuck with FFCo unless you have no choice. Then gain the upper hand as quickly as possible and beat him to the cap.

Remember their torsos are bullet proof, but faces arms and legs usually aren't unless they are in swat gear in which case there is no gaining the upper hand-you are a dead man.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.