HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Complaint about local 5K race
Posted by: trickieL ()
Date: June 17, 2006 10:53AM

Today at the Fairfax Government Center there was a 5K race sponsored by ADS ( alcohol and Drug services) I got there early to register and pay my $20 to enter the race. it was really crowded because there were lots of police racing or walking in memory of the 2 police officers who were shot. Plus tons of Fairfax government workers and people who wrok with substance abusers and former drug people or parents of drug people. Anyway, there were moms with those huge strollers the size of an Escalade who just tagged along without a race number or paying. I was trying to run around them during the entrie race. Why do they allow strollers and why are they at the starting line if they didn't even enter the race? It really bugs me. PS. I finished in 40 min.

Trickie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Complaint about local 5K race
Posted by: Typical ()
Date: June 17, 2006 02:40PM

Ugh. If it's going to be an acutal event the rules should be enforced! It wasn't a 5K run/walk.
If anything all the women with strollers should have been started 2 minutes afterword or something, unless it was a looped track.
40 min? not bad!

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 17, 2006 03:29PM

God forbid people from the community should come out to support a good cause when assholes like you need to try to get the best time possible.

Loser.

Posted by: Poor attitude ()
Date: March 26, 2017 01:25PM

one in every bunch

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.