HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is TJ worth it?
Posted by: Parental Concern about TJ ()
Date: October 14, 2014 07:50PM

My daughter just started sixth grade and after going to one of her friend's house a few weeks ago all she talks about is going to TJ when she gets to high school age. Her friend's older brother just started as freshman.

I'm concerned math might not be her thing. She struggled last year and we had to get tutors. This year she's doing better but still has to work at it.

I read that if she wants to get into TJ she needs to take 7th Grade Honors Math next year then Algebra in 8th great. That's going to be rough.

Plus the academics are rigorous at TJ and we'd have to drive her there every day at least the first two years.

So any TJ current or former students able to tell me if TJ is worth the hassle?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is TJ worth it?
Posted by: Nostradamus ()
Date: October 14, 2014 07:57PM

No.

Posted by: Yes ()
Date: October 14, 2014 07:58PM

I was in a GT program in middle school and half my friends went to TJ. UVA and W&M ended up being the 'worst' schools any of them attended. The rest went to Stanford, Princeton, Carnegie Melon, etc.

If she can push herself hard enough to go to TJ she'll benefit for the rest of her life.

Date: October 14, 2014 08:02PM

Yeah, all the pressure, and depression she'll suffer from lack of sleep trying to keep up with her studies and please you as parents is definitely worth it!

Date: October 14, 2014 08:08PM

I'm not trying to make her please us. Whether she goes to TJ or our local HS doesn't matter to me in terms of my fulfillment. Rather I want her to be the most she can be and take advantage of the top level education offered here.

And if you read my original post you'll see that it is she who has been pushing hard to go to TJ, not us. We never even mentioned it to her before she started going on about it. And that's why we're doing our research now.

Date: October 14, 2014 08:10PM

I'm giving you reasons why it's not worth it. She will be miserable but if she can do it, more power to her but kids at regular schools are dying under the pressure, don't let her become another statistic.

Date: October 14, 2014 08:13PM

Date: October 14, 2014 08:18PM

Yeah, I saw that thread first. I didn't read through all the posts as some of them were just mean or barely on topic. And even if that person posting was sincere it didn't sound like he was considering TJ for his son for the right reasons.

Date: October 14, 2014 08:19PM

Just please don't hesitate to let her know that if she doesn't make it you still love her.

Date: October 14, 2014 08:32PM

Okay, that's just strange. I'm just asking current and former TJ students what they think about the school.

Date: October 14, 2014 08:34PM

What's strange about that?

Date: October 14, 2014 08:36PM

I think you missed my point and now I'm feeling uncomfortable. Bye.

Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 08:46PM

In the late 70's yes.

Posted by: who knows? ()
Date: October 14, 2014 08:47PM

What does "worth it" mean? One person's trash is another person's treasure. No one can decide what anything is "worth" for another person.

Date: October 14, 2014 09:04PM

By worth it I mean going through everything to prepare her for it. Given how she struggled with math last year and has to work really hard this year I'm just not sure about how she'll do in middle school. And I've been told it's extremely difficult to move kids out of honors classes once they've started.

What I want to avoid is two years of misery for her in middle school only to find out she won't do TJ even if she's excited about it now.

Date: October 14, 2014 09:05PM

Lady, man, sir, whatever you are, she's in 6th grade, focus on the here and now. Things change, her mind might as well. Worry about this in a few years.

Posted by: MS 12-14 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 09:15PM

She's in FCPS with 1/4 of Central America.

She'll be lucky to get out without a bambino by high school. Stabbed in a bathroom knife fight. Busted with a kilo of cocaine.

Posted by: don't go nuts on this ()
Date: October 14, 2014 09:21PM

" And I've been told it's extremely difficult to move kids out of honors classes once they've started. "

You've heard wrong. It is not difficult at all. Your kid should be in classes that make sense for her. Students from the non-TJ high schools are accepted at very good colleges and universities all the time.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: October 14, 2014 09:29PM

There have been a number of threads on this question over the years. I would suggest the OP spend some time reading those threads.

If the OP is serious about getting that 6th grader into TJ though, the time to be looking into TJ prep courses would be NOW.

Posted by: Tartan Pride? ()
Date: October 14, 2014 09:33PM

Carnegie Mellon has two Ls in its name,

and it is no bargain. 70% men, 50% Asian, high rate of Freshman Flunk-Out course offerings, and the social scene of a Chess club mixer in the heart of Shitsburg PA. Stay Away !!!!

I know, I went there...

Date: October 14, 2014 09:50PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There have been a number of threads on this
> question over the years. I would suggest the OP
> spend some time reading those threads.
>
> If the OP is serious about getting that 6th grader
> into TJ though, the time to be looking into TJ
> prep courses would be NOW.

Exactly. And that's why I'm asking now. Because I know it's going to be a lot of extra work this year to get her ready for 7th Grade Honors Math next year if we do this. I need to work closely with her teacher (already am) and lining up tutors.

Posted by: Reality Check-In ()
Date: October 14, 2014 09:51PM

Algebra I in 8th grade probably won't cut it. TJ is for kids who do Algebra in their sleep and have taken at least Geometry in 8th grade.

It's not a fun place any more. It's full of weird Asian kids who have been pushed by their parents all their lives. They have very little personality and what personality they have manifests itself mostly in boasting about their GPAs and talking shit about anyone who isn't Asian. There are some white kids but they are mostly eggs.

Date: October 14, 2014 09:52PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> There have been a number of threads on this
> question over the years. I would suggest the OP
> spend some time reading those threads.
>
> If the OP is serious about getting that 6th grader
> into TJ though, the time to be looking into TJ
> prep courses would be NOW.

I did check out a couple. Sadly most just devolved into nasty name calling with barely decent information that a parent could use. Sometimes I couldn't tell what was truth and what was not. So I don't put much faith in those other threads.

Posted by: Truth about TJ ()
Date: October 14, 2014 11:03PM

prior poster is right on

TJ today is a factory. Its not a place for normal smart people anymore. Its full of antisocial freaks who have been pushed their whole lives and take all these prep classes

TJ didnt used to be this way. It was much better even just 10 years ago

As far as college acceptance if your kid is truly smart they have just a good of chance being top 5% at their home school vs TJ where if they aren't in the top 20% they are most likely going to UVA or W&M. Fine schools but not worth it for all the crap you have to deal with before during and after TJ.

Posted by: Not Worth It ()
Date: October 14, 2014 11:38PM

It is not worth it in my opinion. What you need to do is push her to take as many AP classes as possible when she is in high school. She also needs to actually do well in them. Not only will this save her so much time in college but your wallet won't get raped either once she is in college.

Posted by: parents should learn math ()
Date: October 15, 2014 12:54AM

You Fairfax parents are the enablers of TJ's prestige, yet you cut off your nose to spite your face.

TJ has quite a reputation but so do most schools in the county. 18 of our 22 schools made the top 1000 ranking nationwide.

Now imagine u take the TJ students and put them back in the regular high schools. 1800 high performing kids over 22 schools. That's about 80 more really good scholars per high school. Having those good students in the regular High schools would not draw down the talent of the rest of the students. Rather they would help the rest of the students become even better through tutoring and class projects. A high tide raises all boats.

So OP to make your kid smarter and go to a nicer college do not have her prep for TJ. Have her recruit those kids to her school of choice.

Posted by: Djxhdjfjf ()
Date: October 15, 2014 03:55AM

Yes Wrote:
> I was in a GT program in middle school and half my
> friends went to TJ. UVA and W&M ended up being the
> 'worst' schools any of them attended. The rest
> went to Stanford, Princeton, Carnegie Melon, etc.
>
>
> If she can push herself hard enough to go to TJ
> she'll benefit for the rest of her life.

I live in an expensive neighborhood and there are at least 3 self-made TJ alums in my HOA (myself included). I'm not counting 3 more families with TJ kids. 30% of my graduating class at TJ are now medical doctors. Most are self-made and 2nd generation immigrants. I even know a Stanford professor (he wasn't that smart, probably an affirmative action thing). The rest went to Wall Street or academia & research.

Was it worth it?? Yeah, probably, but it's a close decision. I've met smarter people on Wall Street but by then we are talking about the top 1% of the 1%.

Posted by: Don't Sweat It ()
Date: October 15, 2014 06:13AM

Let your kid enjoy their childhood. Give them lots of opportunities to be independent and do meaningful things (service, work, etc.) Let them do the activities they want to do. They will turn out fine.

There are lots of great colleges and universities. They love Fairfax County kids.

One of my kids is a real math/science student. They were not interested in TJ. Now they are at a highly rated science/engineering university and are healthy and happy, which is what is important.

Posted by: Autonomous Vehicle at TJ looks a ()
Date: October 15, 2014 07:12AM

Parental Concern about TJ Wrote:
> My daughter just started sixth grade and after
> going to one of her friend's house a few weeks ago
> all she talks about is going to TJ when she gets
> to high school age. Her friend's older brother
> just started as freshman.
>
> I'm concerned math might not be her thing. She
> struggled last year and we had to get tutors. This
> year she's doing better but still has to work at
> it.
>
> I read that if she wants to get into TJ she needs
> to take 7th Grade Honors Math next year then
> Algebra in 8th great. That's going to be rough.
>
> Plus the academics are rigorous at TJ and we'd
> have to drive her there every day at least the
> first two years.
>
> So any TJ current or former students able to tell
> me if TJ is worth the hassle?

I mean absolutely no offense but she should not go. Firstly, all the AAP 6th graders that are good at math take Algebra in 7th grade not 8th - she would be a year behind the normal candidates if she took Algebra in 8th.

Full disclosure:I was crap at school as a kid but rallied in college - I was no where near as advanced as my kids. Both my kids do very well. Both in AAP level IV and my oldest in Algebra in 7th grade - no problem. He does homework on his own without me asking more than once if I have to do that. His sis in 6th is pretty much the same. School is easy for these little f%ckers (it was hell for me). Anyway, even with the ease with which my kids get through school I certainly will not encourage them to go to TJ unless they really want to go (like your daughter). Even then I hesitate to submit them to college level workloads and subject matter. If I see they are excited by the opportunity to learn Im all-in. If not I think they are better off chilling out in normal HS and waiting till College for the more serious stuff.

I guess what Im saying is it seems like for my family at least simply wanting to go to TJ for the sake of going to TJ sounds like a recipe for misery. Im gonna want my kids to say 'I really want to get to work on the satellite program ( http://www.tjhsst.edu/students/activities/tj3sat/ ) or 'dad the Design and Implementation of a Laser Range Finding System for an Autonomous Vehicle at TJ looks awesome!' Stuff like that. Them saying 'I want to go to TJ because Bobby is going' is OK but not enough to warrant sending my kid to college (TJ) at age 14. There will be plenty of time for that.

In conclusion, lots of kids get tutored into AAP and TJ (Asians) but they do things like have the whole family stay at home all summer so one kid can attend summer school (true story from family at my ES). Its an education comes 1st, 2nd and last mentality. Im not sure Im hearing that in your post about your kid...

Posted by: It depends on What you Want ()
Date: October 15, 2014 07:22AM

My child made it to the second round of TJ and did not get in. What a blessing that turned out to be. At the home base school he now attends, he was elected to his class council Can you imagine the competition for that position at TJ? Also, if sports are an important part of your child's life, check out if the sport exists at TJ. For instance, they may not offer football there anymore because few kids go out for it. If that happens, who will the popular TJ marching band perform for? That means they won't need cheerleaders too. TJ is not a normal school. That's not an insult. As someone said earlier, it used to be a school for really smart people who could do a lot of things. It seems it's become more a place for just really, really smart people who are mainly good at just being smart. So know what you are getting if you pursue this with your child. I know some great kids from TJ so it's what you want out of your education, but it won't be the traditional, American HS school experience you'll get at the base high schools.

Date: October 15, 2014 07:40AM

Did you say TJ or BJ?

Posted by: TJ or Die ()
Date: October 15, 2014 08:11AM

If your kid fails to get in to TJ, you are a failure as a parent and have ruined your kid's life. They will never achieve anything. You and they both will be the laughingstocks of Nova. Condemned to a life of mediocrity or worse. Probably end up as a Walnart greeter or a burger flipper at McD's.

Posted by: Chjckkc ()
Date: October 15, 2014 09:15AM

In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot the middle class and poor working class has at upward mobility in the USA in the Reagan/Clinton winner take all society. I'm sure there may be a homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone of those there is plenty of partners at Carlyle Group or equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon (there really are those people from my single graduating class alone).

Posted by: so what ()
Date: October 15, 2014 09:29AM

those people would have been successful regardless of TJ

middle and poor working class have better things to do than constant test prep and summer camps devoted solely to getting TJ admissions

Look TJ has morphed into the competitive high school landscape in many asian high schools. Are asians smart of course but is that really the culture we want here in the United States.

Posted by: former TJ parent ()
Date: October 15, 2014 10:31AM

TJ or Die Wrote:
> If your kid fails to get in to TJ, you are a
> failure as a parent and have ruined your kid's
> life. They will never achieve anything. You and
> they both will be the laughingstocks of Nova.
> Condemned to a life of mediocrity or worse.
> Probably end up as a Walnart greeter or a burger
> flipper at McD's.

Our kid had a friend at TJ whose identical twin did not get in and attended Langley instead. The one who went to TJ is in the class of 2015 at Princeton. The one who went to Langley is in the class of 2015 at ... Princeton.

And for those who say that TJ guarantees a spot at UVa or William and Mary, that is not quite right. When our kid was at TJ only about 70-75% of applicants to UVa got in. (No, our kid did not apply, preferring to go out of state instead.) William and Mary was a bit easier, especially for males, but neither was guaranteed.

Posted by: Not Again ()
Date: October 15, 2014 12:35PM

Not this again.

Do you know what GT standard for? Gotta Talk!

The majority of the kids that are in GT/AAP are blurters with no impulse control. Major behavior issues in many of these classes, most of these kids cannot stay still for more than a minute and they cannot wait to be called upon.

I know all sorts of TJ nightmares and funnies.

So one friends kid went to TJ, was totally bored, heaven forbid any kid out shine another student at TJ. TJ makes sure no student is struggling or getting bad grades. This student dropped out of TJ at the end of their Junior year. No, did not go to another FCPS High School, went directly to MIT!

Know a set of twins that just graduated. Both were considering TJ, one decided to go to TJ the other to Langley.

The one that went to TJ did not think they would make sports teams at Langley, so this is why they decided to go to TJ.

Lets see, the TJ grad went to VATech, the Langley grad went to Stanford. So this just shows TJ is not always a requirement.

I know another kid that went to Nysmith then to TJ. This grad went to Wake Forest. I know plenty of kids that have gone to mainstream FCPS schools that went to Wake Forest.

Fully agree with the other parent that TJ is not a "normal" school. I was there walking the halls for something years ago, kids make posters that stated "Failed the SAT's?" The gist was if you did not make a perfect score on the SAT, you "failed"! Last time I checked, if you put you name on the SAT, you can't fail.

It's all a point of view and reference.

Why would you schlep all the way across the County and waste half of you free time commuting to TJ? Is it really worth it??

It is not about where you kid wants to go, it’s not about where you want your kid to go, its about where your kid should go and actually fits in and will be successful.

Someone has to be last in their class at Harvard, the Naval Academy or even the local high school.

Schools are more about name brand and "impression". Whether a high school or college, your kid needs to find something to get involved in, something they can be sucessful at and have friends not "frenemies". Too much competition that is not needed. College is about your kid going off on their own and learning about themselves, thinking for themselves growing and expanding their lives, their mind, their social circle.

So many kids these days are totally paralyzed in life skills, do not know how to cook, clean, do laundry, manage their finances, deal with technology, book their own plane tickets or heaven forbid what to do with "spare time".

My kid is off to a very good school at the age of 17, exact fit, their first choice college, has a roommate that never had done their own laundry has helped the roommate and many others with laundry, solved computer and printer problems for other students, taught friends how to use public transportation and is even tutoring some of the other kids in a number of subjects. Studying properly, partying some, getting good grades, and even has caught the professors messing up and mis-grading a paper. I told my kid if they thought they were right to speak with the professor about the issue, it is not my issue to address. My kid did exactly what I suggested and ended up with a perfect score on the first test for this class.

As I have explained to my kids, I am always available for help, but never available for answers. They must use their head/brain and solve problems.

TJ is all about test taking and not learning and thinking. If your kids need to take test prep classes, have educational consultants, see Psychologist, this is all wrong.

I made my kid do all their own college applications, essay, and mailing and did not take any SAT/ACT test prep classes. This was so my kid would take "ownership" of the process and understand that they needed to do their best on all the tests. Test prep classes likely inflate the test scores and then you get a false sense where you think you belong.

There are plenty of good colleges that may not be household names, but this does not mean these are not good schools or schools that might be a better fit for your kid. No need to stress these kids out and make them think they are failures before they even move out of the house. Just look at all the suicides in FCPS schools over the past few years. These kids feel like there is no hope of future.

Listen to your kids, see where they fit in, not where they want to fit in or where you want them to fit in.

Not everyone is Harvard, MIT, Stanford, UVA material, everyone is different.

Figure out where your kid belongs and allow them to be sucessful where they belong, not strugle to be something/someone they aren't.

Posted by: Alumni Relations ()
Date: October 15, 2014 12:46PM

Chjckkc Wrote:
> In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot the middle
> class and poor working class has at upward
> mobility in the USA in the Reagan/Clinton winner
> take all society. I'm sure there may be a
> homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone of those
> there is plenty of partners at Carlyle Group or
> equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon (there really
> are those people from my single graduating class
> alone).

You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki. To be frank, the listings of illustrious alumni are rather average looking given all of the hype around TJ.

Posted by: Fjfjkghh ()
Date: October 15, 2014 01:35PM

so what Wrote:
> those people would have been successful regardless
> of TJ
>
> middle and poor working class have better things
> to do than constant test prep and summer camps
> devoted solely to getting TJ admissions
>
> Look TJ has morphed into the competitive high
> school landscape in many asian high schools. Are
> asians smart of course but is that really the
> culture we want here in the United States.

Yes, it is. You may want more Eric Duncan Ebola or Ferguson, MO, but I want more people that contribute to society and pay their taxes.

Posted by: Nfnjckfkgg ()
Date: October 15, 2014 01:41PM

Alumni Relations Wrote:
> Chjckkc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot the
> middle
> > class and poor working class has at upward
> > mobility in the USA in the Reagan/Clinton
> winner
> > take all society. I'm sure there may be a
> > homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone of those
> > there is plenty of partners at Carlyle Group or
> > equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon (there
> really
> > are those people from my single graduating
> class
> > alone).
>
> You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki. To
> be frank, the listings of illustrious alumni are
> rather average looking given all of the hype
> around TJ.

For a school whose oldest graduating class is just 22 years out, it's pretty impressive. The average incomes 10 years out when 80% of the high school class has a MD, JD or MBA and some with all of the above would be even more impressive. Don't hate the Playa, hate the Game.

Posted by: FSA ()
Date: October 15, 2014 01:53PM

so what Wrote:
> those people would have been successful regardless
> of TJ
>
> middle and poor working class have better things
> to do than constant test prep and summer camps
> devoted solely to getting TJ admissions
>
> Look TJ has morphed into the competitive high
> school landscape in many asian high schools. Are
> asians smart of course but is that really the
> culture we want here in the United States.

Might be better than the growing hoards of intergenerational Free Shit Army members we have now.

Date: October 15, 2014 02:03PM

Nfnjckfkgg Wrote:
> Alumni Relations Wrote:
> -----
> > Chjckkc Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot the
> > middle
> > > class and poor working class has at upward
> > > mobility in the USA in the Reagan/Clinton
> > winner
> > > take all society. I'm sure there may be a
> > > homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone of
> those
> > > there is plenty of partners at Carlyle Group
> or
> > > equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon (there
> > really
> > > are those people from my single graduating
> > class
> > > alone).
> >
> > You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki.
> To
> > be frank, the listings of illustrious alumni
> are
> > rather average looking given all of the hype
> > around TJ.
>
> For a school whose oldest graduating class is just
> 22 years out, it's pretty impressive. The average
> incomes 10 years out when 80% of the high school
> class has a MD, JD or MBA and some with all of the
> above would be even more impressive. Don't hate
> the Playa, hate the Game.

Except that I don't see average incomes or any of the rest anywhere. Most notable alum seem to be more in the arts versus sci-tech.

Also to a large degree that would more simply reflect consolidating top students as opposed to anything happening at TJ. If you 'skimmed the cream' at other high schools, then you'd see the same. You've just selected an all-star team at TJ.

Posted by: Diifiigigg ()
Date: October 15, 2014 02:17PM

Alumni Relations Wrote:
> Nfnjckfkgg Wrote:
> -----
> > Alumni Relations Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Chjckkc Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot the
> > > middle
> > > > class and poor working class has at upward
> > > > mobility in the USA in the Reagan/Clinton
> > > winner
> > > > take all society. I'm sure there may be a
> > > > homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone of
> > those
> > > > there is plenty of partners at Carlyle
> Group
> > or
> > > > equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon (there
> > > really
> > > > are those people from my single graduating
> > > class
> > > > alone).
> > >
> > > You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki.
> > To
> > > be frank, the listings of illustrious alumni
> > are
> > > rather average looking given all of the hype
> > > around TJ.
> >
> > For a school whose oldest graduating class is
> just
> > 22 years out, it's pretty impressive. The
> average
> > incomes 10 years out when 80% of the high
> school
> > class has a MD, JD or MBA and some with all of
> the
> > above would be even more impressive. Don't
> hate
> > the Playa, hate the Game.
>
>
> Except that I don't see average incomes or any of
> the rest anywhere. Most notable alum seem to be
> more in the arts versus sci-tech.
>
> Also to a large degree that would more simply
> reflect consolidating top students as opposed to
> anything happening at TJ. If you 'skimmed the
> cream' at other high schools, then you'd see the
> same. You've just selected an all-star team at
> TJ.

Because you are not alumni. We see the online alumni directory and we can guess what a Yale JD is worth, a Hopkins MD and a Harvard MBA pays. If 80% of your class have a professional degree or PhD and not just any professional degree or PhD but a Top 20 one, everybody is making a healthy 6 or 7 figure and doing it without being "famous" or noteworthy.

Date: October 15, 2014 02:38PM

Diifiigigg Wrote:
> -----
> > Nfnjckfkgg Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Alumni Relations Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Chjckkc Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot
> the
> > > > middle
> > > > > class and poor working class has at
> upward
> > > > > mobility in the USA in the Reagan/Clinton
> > > > winner
> > > > > take all society. I'm sure there may be
> a
> > > > > homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone of
> > > those
> > > > > there is plenty of partners at Carlyle
> > Group
> > > or
> > > > > equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon
> (there
> > > > really
> > > > > are those people from my single
> graduating
> > > > class
> > > > > alone).
> > > >
> > > > You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki.
>
> > > To
> > > > be frank, the listings of illustrious
> alumni
> > > are
> > > > rather average looking given all of the
> hype
> > > > around TJ.
> > >
> > > For a school whose oldest graduating class is
> > just
> > > 22 years out, it's pretty impressive. The
> > average
> > > incomes 10 years out when 80% of the high
> > school
> > > class has a MD, JD or MBA and some with all
> of
> > the
> > > above would be even more impressive. Don't
> > hate
> > > the Playa, hate the Game.
> >
> >
> > Except that I don't see average incomes or any
> of
> > the rest anywhere. Most notable alum seem to
> be
> > more in the arts versus sci-tech.
> >
> > Also to a large degree that would more simply
> > reflect consolidating top students as opposed
> to
> > anything happening at TJ. If you 'skimmed the
> > cream' at other high schools, then you'd see
> the
> > same. You've just selected an all-star team at
> > TJ.
>
> Because you are not alumni. We see the online
> alumni directory and we can guess what a Yale JD
> is worth, a Hopkins MD and a Harvard MBA pays. If
> 80% of your class have a professional degree or
> PhD and not just any professional degree or PhD
> but a Top 20 one, everybody is making a healthy 6
> or 7 figure and doing it without being "famous" or
> noteworthy.

Then, as I said:

> > You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki.

Not many of those from TJ are what I'd call "famous" or particularly noteworthy; rather, they are, as you describe, rather standard for what you'd expect to see among successful people. i.e., Lots more Yale JDs and Harvard MBAs who are not from TJ.

You're cherry-picking your cherry-picked stats. A TJ grad should know better. A more valid comparison would be against the top 1% or 5% of grads from other traditional high schools. I'm not convinced that TJ necessarily results in some significant advantage versus a more equal population.

Posted by: Dnjfjfjggh ()
Date: October 15, 2014 02:57PM

Alumni Relations Wrote:
> Diifiigigg Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Nfnjckfkgg Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Alumni Relations Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > Chjckkc Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > In all seriousness, TJ is the best shot
> > the
> > > > > middle
> > > > > > class and poor working class has at
> > upward
> > > > > > mobility in the USA in the
> Reagan/Clinton
> > > > > winner
> > > > > > take all society. I'm sure there may
> be
> > a
> > > > > > homeless TJ graduate, but for everyone
> of
> > > > those
> > > > > > there is plenty of partners at Carlyle
> > > Group
> > > > or
> > > > > > equivalent or a Hopkins neurosurgeon
> > (there
> > > > > really
> > > > > > are those people from my single
> > graduating
> > > > > class
> > > > > > alone).
> > > > >
> > > > > You should contact FCPS and update the
> Wiki.
> >
> > > > To
> > > > > be frank, the listings of illustrious
> > alumni
> > > > are
> > > > > rather average looking given all of the
> > hype
> > > > > around TJ.
> > > >
> > > > For a school whose oldest graduating class
> is
> > > just
> > > > 22 years out, it's pretty impressive. The
> > > average
> > > > incomes 10 years out when 80% of the high
> > > school
> > > > class has a MD, JD or MBA and some with all
> > of
> > > the
> > > > above would be even more impressive. Don't
> > > hate
> > > > the Playa, hate the Game.
> > >
> > >
> > > Except that I don't see average incomes or
> any
> > of
> > > the rest anywhere. Most notable alum seem to
> > be
> > > more in the arts versus sci-tech.
> > >
> > > Also to a large degree that would more simply
> > > reflect consolidating top students as opposed
> > to
> > > anything happening at TJ. If you 'skimmed
> the
> > > cream' at other high schools, then you'd see
> > the
> > > same. You've just selected an all-star team
> at
> > > TJ.
> >
> > Because you are not alumni. We see the online
> > alumni directory and we can guess what a Yale
> JD
> > is worth, a Hopkins MD and a Harvard MBA pays.
> If
> > 80% of your class have a professional degree or
> > PhD and not just any professional degree or PhD
> > but a Top 20 one, everybody is making a healthy
> 6
> > or 7 figure and doing it without being "famous"
> or
> > noteworthy.
>
>
> Then, as I said:
>
> > > You should contact FCPS and update the Wiki.
>
> Not many of those from TJ are what I'd call
> "famous" or particularly noteworthy; rather, they
> are, as you describe, rather standard for what
> you'd expect to see among successful people.
> i.e., Lots more Yale JDs and Harvard MBAs who are
> not from TJ.
>
> You're cherry-picking your cherry-picked stats. A
> TJ grad should know better. A more valid
> comparison would be against the top 1% or 5% of
> grads from other traditional high schools. I'm
> not convinced that TJ necessarily results in some
> significant advantage versus a more equal
> population.

First of all, no one cares about be listed on the wiki page for TJ. I certainly don't and no one I know does. As for cherry picking, I really doubt it. Post TJ I attended 3 universities for undergrad and advance degrees, all are Top 12 in the latest QS World university rankings (that's top 12 in the World). And I was very average for TJ and certainly no where near the smartest in my class.

My parents were either too cheap or too poor to buy me even decent working eyeglasses for TJ and I went on to work for one of the world's top and highest paying hedge funds (so yeah, I've met my share of smart people my entire life). Like I said, performance wise I wasn't even that good for TJ. I know plenty of TJ people way, way more impressive and much more accomplished but there names aren't on some stupid wiki page.

Date: October 15, 2014 03:18PM

Dnjfjfjggh Wrote:
>
> First of all, no one cares about be listed on the
> wiki page for TJ. I certainly don't and no one I
> know does. As for cherry picking, I really doubt
> it. Post TJ I attended 3 universities for
> undergrad and advance degrees, all are Top 12 in
> the latest QS World university rankings (that's
> top 12 in the World). And I was very average for
> TJ and certainly no where near the smartest in my
> class.
>
> My parents were either too cheap or too poor to
> buy me even decent working eyeglasses for TJ and I
> went on to work for one of the world's top and
> highest paying hedge funds (so yeah, I've met my
> share of smart people my entire life). Like I
> said, performance wise I wasn't even that good for
> TJ. I know plenty of TJ people way, way more
> impressive and much more accomplished but there
> names aren't on some stupid wiki page.

I wasn't suggesting that the Wiki was any kind of requirement or authoritative source. Rather, only that I don't see some extraordinary number of notable alum even with the advantage of selection bias.

Yes, you are cherry picking. (Let me guess - You must have been on the arts side. lol) Once again, you're comparing a teaspoonful of cream against a tank of raw milk with a bunch of sediment at the bottom. On a more equal basis very likely there is far less, if any at all, advantage.

Posted by: Hdjkgg ()
Date: October 15, 2014 03:33PM

Alumni Relations Wrote:
> Dnjfjfjggh Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > First of all, no one cares about be listed on
> the
> > wiki page for TJ. I certainly don't and no one
> I
> > know does. As for cherry picking, I really
> doubt
> > it. Post TJ I attended 3 universities for
> > undergrad and advance degrees, all are Top 12
> in
> > the latest QS World university rankings (that's
> > top 12 in the World). And I was very average
> for
> > TJ and certainly no where near the smartest in
> my
> > class.
> >
> > My parents were either too cheap or too poor to
> > buy me even decent working eyeglasses for TJ and
> I
> > went on to work for one of the world's top and
> > highest paying hedge funds (so yeah, I've met
> my
> > share of smart people my entire life). Like I
> > said, performance wise I wasn't even that good
> for
> > TJ. I know plenty of TJ people way, way more
> > impressive and much more accomplished but there
> > names aren't on some stupid wiki page.
>
>
> I wasn't suggesting that the Wiki was any kind of
> requirement or authoritative source. Rather, only
> that I don't see some extraordinary number of
> notable alum even with the advantage of selection
> bias.
>
> Yes, you are cherry picking. (Let me guess - You
> must have been on the arts side. lol) Once again,
> you're comparing a teaspoonful of cream against a
> tank of raw milk with a bunch of sediment at the
> bottom. On a more equal basis very likely there
> is far less, if any at all, advantage.

You have zero inside information. You have Wikipedia and an agenda that you are desperately trying to prove. Wikipedia is at best very limited information because most people value their privacy. I was there. You weren't. It does confer a massive advantage. As much as dropping the H-bomb at an interview, no, probably not but it's way better than any other high school out there. Period.

When 30% of your class are medical doctors and the rest PhDs and too professionals, that's Not cherry picking. 2% is cherry picking. 80%?? Hardly. In my limited TJ high school clique alone, the least "successful" person is now an anesthesiologist. The most successful is way, way better than that.

You have your agenda, but it's wrong.

Date: October 15, 2014 04:16PM

Hdjkgg Wrote:
> -----
> > Dnjfjfjggh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> > > First of all, no one cares about be listed on
> > the
> > > wiki page for TJ. I certainly don't and no
> one
> > I
> > > know does. As for cherry picking, I really
> > doubt
> > > it. Post TJ I attended 3 universities for
> > > undergrad and advance degrees, all are Top 12
> > in
> > > the latest QS World university rankings
> (that's
> > > top 12 in the World). And I was very average
> > for
> > > TJ and certainly no where near the smartest
> in
> > my
> > > class.
> > >
> > > My parents were either too cheap or too poor
> to
> > > buy me even decent working eyeglasses for TJ
> and
> > I
> > > went on to work for one of the world's top
> and
> > > highest paying hedge funds (so yeah, I've met
> > my
> > > share of smart people my entire life). Like
> I
> > > said, performance wise I wasn't even that
> good
> > for
> > > TJ. I know plenty of TJ people way, way more
> > > impressive and much more accomplished but
> there
> > > names aren't on some stupid wiki page.
> >
> >
> > I wasn't suggesting that the Wiki was any kind
> of
> > requirement or authoritative source. Rather,
> only
> > that I don't see some extraordinary number of
> > notable alum even with the advantage of
> selection
> > bias.
> >
> > Yes, you are cherry picking. (Let me guess -
> You
> > must have been on the arts side. lol) Once
> again,
> > you're comparing a teaspoonful of cream against
> a
> > tank of raw milk with a bunch of sediment at
> the
> > bottom. On a more equal basis very likely
> there
> > is far less, if any at all, advantage.
>
>
> You have zero inside information. You have
> Wikipedia and an agenda that you are desperately
> trying to prove. Wikipedia is at best very
> limited information because most people value
> their privacy. I was there. You weren't. It does
> confer a massive advantage. As much as dropping
> the H-bomb at an interview, no, probably not but
> it's way better than any other high school out
> there. Period.
>
> When 30% of your class are medical doctors and the
> rest PhDs and too professionals, that's Not cherry
> picking. 2% is cherry picking. 80%?? Hardly.
> In my limited TJ high school clique alone, the
> least "successful" person is now an
> anesthesiologist. The most successful is way, way
> better than that.
>
> You have your agenda, but it's wrong.

*sigh* I shouldn't need any inside information. Again, I'm not putting any weight on Wiki. In fact, I tend to weight it very low as a source of info. It was just a reference point. In your defensive reflexive responss you've gotten yourself wrapped up in that versus the larger point. As I said, if you have some analysis of relative professional success versus other top students on an equal basis, then post it. The '80%' number that you keep trumpeting isn't particularly impressive. Given the student composition of TJ, it had better be in that range; otherwise, there's a big problem. lol

Do you really not understand how looking at a very selective, aggregated group of top students and then comparing that on a percentage basis to the overall population of students at a traditional high school is cherry picking? The comparison needs to be on an equal basis against other top students at traditional schools. That is the question.

I have no agenda nor am I desperate to prove anything. I'm not even down on TJ particularly. I'm sure that it's a great school and there are lots of smart successful people there past and present. I'd even say that there likely are some benefits of aggregating top students at TJ. I'm just not convinced that TJ necessarily represents some indicator or driver for success in and of itself relative to other top students in other environments. It does make a nice showcase for bragging rights and has some benefits there, but that's another matter.

Posted by: Dnjfjhfgg ()
Date: October 15, 2014 04:42PM

Alumni Relations Wrote:
> Hdjkgg Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Dnjfjfjggh Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > >
> > > > First of all, no one cares about be listed
> on
> > > the
> > > > wiki page for TJ. I certainly don't and no
> > one
> > > I
> > > > know does. As for cherry picking, I really
> > > doubt
> > > > it. Post TJ I attended 3 universities for
> > > > undergrad and advance degrees, all are Top
> 12
> > > in
> > > > the latest QS World university rankings
> > (that's
> > > > top 12 in the World). And I was very
> average
> > > for
> > > > TJ and certainly no where near the smartest
> > in
> > > my
> > > > class.
> > > >
> > > > My parents were either too cheap or too
> poor
> > to
> > > > buy me even decent working eyeglasses for
> TJ
> > and
> > > I
> > > > went on to work for one of the world's top
> > and
> > > > highest paying hedge funds (so yeah, I've
> met
> > > my
> > > > share of smart people my entire life).
> Like
> > I
> > > > said, performance wise I wasn't even that
> > good
> > > for
> > > > TJ. I know plenty of TJ people way, way
> more
> > > > impressive and much more accomplished but
> > there
> > > > names aren't on some stupid wiki page.
> > >
> > >
> > > I wasn't suggesting that the Wiki was any
> kind
> > of
> > > requirement or authoritative source. Rather,
> > only
> > > that I don't see some extraordinary number of
> > > notable alum even with the advantage of
> > selection
> > > bias.
> > >
> > > Yes, you are cherry picking. (Let me guess -
> > You
> > > must have been on the arts side. lol) Once
> > again,
> > > you're comparing a teaspoonful of cream
> against
> > a
> > > tank of raw milk with a bunch of sediment at
> > the
> > > bottom. On a more equal basis very likely
> > there
> > > is far less, if any at all, advantage.
> >
> >
> > You have zero inside information. You have
> > Wikipedia and an agenda that you are
> desperately
> > trying to prove. Wikipedia is at best very
> > limited information because most people value
> > their privacy. I was there. You weren't. It
> does
> > confer a massive advantage. As much as
> dropping
> > the H-bomb at an interview, no, probably not
> but
> > it's way better than any other high school out
> > there. Period.
> >
> > When 30% of your class are medical doctors and
> the
> > rest PhDs and too professionals, that's Not
> cherry
> > picking. 2% is cherry picking. 80%?? Hardly.
>
> > In my limited TJ high school clique alone, the
> > least "successful" person is now an
> > anesthesiologist. The most successful is way,
> way
> > better than that.
> >
> > You have your agenda, but it's wrong.
>
>
> *sigh* I shouldn't need any inside information.
> Again, I'm not putting any weight on Wiki. In
> fact, I tend to weight it very low as a source of
> info. It was just a reference point. In your
> defensive reflex response

When your only data source is Wikipedia, how can you not be putting any weight on it??? That's retarded. And what is a "defensive reflex". Are you physically attacking me over the Internet in some way that I need a "defensive reflex response". You sound like a certain minority that likes to use big words they don't understand to sound smart. I can keep tearing you a new asshole with every sentence you wrote, but you're not worth it. Not wasting my time. And no, they wouldn't have accepted you.

Date: October 15, 2014 05:32PM

Dnjfjhfgg Wrote:
>
> When your only data source is Wikipedia, how can
> you not be putting any weight on it??? That's
> retarded. And what is a "defensive reflex". Are
> you physically attacking me over the Internet in
> some way that I need a "defensive reflex
> response". You sound like a certain minority that
> likes to use big words they don't understand to
> sound smart. I can keep tearing you a new asshole
> with every sentence you wrote, but you're not
> worth it. Not wasting my time. And no, they
> wouldn't have accepted you.

Yeah, you're not defensive at all. lol!

You're starting to make me question the analytical portion of the curriculum at TJ. I don't put any weight on Wiki. I think that I just said that above. Here Peter Higgs, let me try to break this down to the fundamental matter in question and make this easier for you since I know that you 'geniuses' can have trouble focusing at times...

What is the relative advantage in terms of professional success provided by TJ to a given student versus an equivalent given top student at a tradition high school? Given all of the money, resources, and emphasis placed on TJ versus other schools surely someone somewhere has attempted to quantify and justify that in some way.

I'll go way out on a limb here and presume that you were not the only one at your exclusive schools and the hedge fund. Many of those there very likely were even better than you. How did they get there?

Posted by: Hdjjffv ()
Date: October 15, 2014 05:45PM

^^^

See, you could have just said defensive to begin with, why waste words with "defensive reflex response". "Well lookie here you are being defensive isosceles triangular attack formation regression response." LOL. Too funny.

And Wikipedia is still your only source and the basis for all your conclusions, yet you keep saying you put zero weight on it. That basically means you are pulling it out of your bunghole.

Posted by: (TJ) ()
Date: October 15, 2014 06:43PM

Autonomous Vehicle at TJ looks a Wrote:
> Parental Concern about TJ Wrote:
> -----
> > My daughter just started sixth grade and after
> > going to one of her friend's house a few weeks
> ago
> > all she talks about is going to TJ when she
> gets
> > to high school age. Her friend's older brother
> > just started as freshman.
> >
> > I'm concerned math might not be her thing. She
> > struggled last year and we had to get tutors.
> This
> > year she's doing better but still has to work
> at
> > it.
> >
> > I read that if she wants to get into TJ she
> needs
> > to take 7th Grade Honors Math next year then
> > Algebra in 8th great. That's going to be rough.
> >
> > Plus the academics are rigorous at TJ and we'd
> > have to drive her there every day at least the
> > first two years.
> >
> > So any TJ current or former students able to
> tell
> > me if TJ is worth the hassle?
>
> I mean absolutely no offense but she should not
> go. Firstly, all the AAP 6th graders that are
> good at math take Algebra in 7th grade not 8th -
> she would be a year behind the normal candidates
> if she took Algebra in 8th.
>
> Full disclosure:I was crap at school as a kid but
> rallied in college - I was no where near as
> advanced as my kids. Both my kids do very well.
> Both in AAP level IV and my oldest in Algebra in
> 7th grade - no problem. He does homework on his
> own without me asking more than once if I have to
> do that. His sis in 6th is pretty much the same.
> School is easy for these little f%ckers (it was
> hell for me). Anyway, even with the ease with
> which my kids get through school I certainly will
> not encourage them to go to TJ unless they really
> want to go (like your daughter). Even then I
> hesitate to submit them to college level workloads
> and subject matter. If I see they are excited by
> the opportunity to learn Im all-in. If not I
> think they are better off chilling out in normal
> HS and waiting till College for the more serious
> stuff.
>
> I guess what Im saying is it seems like for my
> family at least simply wanting to go to TJ for the
> sake of going to TJ sounds like a recipe for
> misery. Im gonna want my kids to say 'I really
> want to get to work on the satellite program (
> http://www.tjhsst.edu/students/activities/tj3sat/
> ) or 'dad the Design and Implementation of a Laser
> Range Finding System for an Autonomous Vehicle at
> TJ looks awesome!' Stuff like that. Them saying
> 'I want to go to TJ because Bobby is going' is OK
> but not enough to warrant sending my kid to
> college (TJ) at age 14. There will be plenty of
> time for that.
>
> In conclusion, lots of kids get tutored into AAP
> and TJ (Asians) but they do things like have the
> whole family stay at home all summer so one kid
> can attend summer school (true story from family
> at my ES). Its an education comes 1st, 2nd and
> last mentality. Im not sure Im hearing that in
> your post about your kid...

sounds right

Date: October 15, 2014 06:48PM

Hdjjffv Wrote:
> ^^^
>
> See, you could have just said defensive to begin
> with, why waste words with "defensive reflex
> response". "Well lookie here you are being
> defensive isosceles triangular attack formation
> regression response." LOL. Too funny.
>
> And Wikipedia is still your only source and the
> basis for all your conclusions, yet you keep
> saying you put zero weight on it. That basically
> means you are pulling it out of your bunghole.

The addition of reflex emphasizing that you do so with little to no thought. As you so well demonstrate here again. Likewise your continued focus on my reference to Wiki which was nothing more than a simple passing observation of what's not reflected there, not any claim that it represents any more than that. You can let that go now. But you can't really because you can't address the more substantive question raised. Which is why then like a typical forum knucklehead you conveniently delete the rest of my posts. lol

I've made no conclusions, I've simply raised a question and made some rather obvious observations. As I've repeatedly said, if you have something better than your '80%' nonsense, then post it. Even accepting your anecdotal number, it's still a nonsense cherry-picked basis. If you don't understand that, then maybe you need to stop back by TJ for a refresher.

Posted by: Ndjfjf ()
Date: October 15, 2014 07:48PM

^^^^^

Dude, you have the worst case of verbal diarrhea ever. It takes you 50 words to say what a non-simpleton can say in 5. What is this shit?

"As you so well demonstrate here again. Likewise your continued focus on my reference to Wiki which was nothing more than a simple passing observation of what's not reflected there, not any claim that it represents any more than that. You can let that go now. But you can't really because you can't address the more substantive question raised". --- LOL!! And you said "defensive reflex response" not just defensive reflex because you are a moron pretender.

You are stupid. Don't ever forget that. I get paid to tell if someone is smart or not professionally. And you are clearly a moron. Again, I have access to the alumni database that you don't. It's not from my bunghole like every idiocy you are spewing.

In this ultra competitive world, TJ affords you a slight advantage, but those advantages build on each other. You get into hedge fund A because you worked at Goldman. You get into Goldman because you went to Ivy Y. You get into Ivy Y because you went to TJ. It's that simple. There were plenty of high school valedictorians that got slammed their first year in college because they came from a shit high school and couldn't hack it. Got it??

And coming from TJ, I was taking certain honors classes in college purely as GPA boosters. Try that coming from your shit high school. And you think you are only competing with American valedictorians at Ivy Y?? Try Singaporean and Turkish scholarship students who are on a full government ride and finished first in their entire country and have 5 years more advance math & science than you. You think your regular high school can prepare you for that shit?? Ah... No. Again, you are an idiot. Don't ever forget it.

Posted by: Indian Said ()
Date: October 15, 2014 07:54PM

A friend's kid was in a TJ prep class with a student from India. The student from India felt some pressure because their parents told them they would have to return to India in disgrace if they did not gain admission to TJ. How would you have liked that pressure at 14 years old?

Posted by: What a Prick ()
Date: October 15, 2014 08:06PM

Ndjfjf Wrote:
> ^^^^^
>
> Dude, you have the worst case of verbal diarrhea
> ever. It takes you 50 words to say what a
> non-simpleton can say in 5. What is this shit?
>
> "As you so well demonstrate here again. Likewise
> your continued focus on my reference to Wiki which
> was nothing more than a simple passing observation
> of what's not reflected there, not any claim that
> it represents any more than that. You can let that
> go now. But you can't really because you can't
> address the more substantive question raised".
> --- LOL!! And you said "defensive reflex
> response" not just defensive reflex because you
> are a moron pretender.
>
> You are stupid. Don't ever forget that. I get
> paid to tell if someone is smart or not
> professionally. And you are clearly a moron.
> Again, I have access to the alumni database that
> you don't. It's not from my bunghole like every
> idiocy you are spewing.
>
> In this ultra competitive world, TJ affords you a
> slight advantage, but those advantages build on
> each other. You get into hedge fund A because you
> worked at Goldman. You get into Goldman because
> you went to Ivy Y. You get into Ivy Y because you
> went to TJ. It's that simple. There were plenty
> of high school valedictorians that got slammed
> their first year in college because they came from
> a shit high school and couldn't hack it. Got it??
>
>
> And coming from TJ, I was taking certain honors
> classes in college purely as GPA boosters. Try
> that coming from your shit high school. And you
> think you are only competing with American
> valedictorians at Ivy Y?? Try Singaporean and
> Turkish scholarship students who are on a full
> government ride and finished first in their entire
> country and have 5 years more advance math &
> science than you. You think your regular high
> school can prepare you for that shit?? Ah... No.
> Again, you are an idiot. Don't ever forget it.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you sound like a real asshole.

"I get paid to tell if someone is smart or not professionally". Now that is a scary thought.

Posted by: Jxjfkcc ()
Date: October 15, 2014 08:17PM

^^^^^

Okay, put your head in the sand and pretend everyone is above average in Obama nation. I couldn't give a fuck.

Posted by: MantisMD ()
Date: October 15, 2014 08:23PM

TJ is 100% worth it if you're interested in joining their crew team. It's a huge commitment, but if you're on the team and performing well, then you'll end up at your pick of the Ivies. Other than that, I think doing well at a McLean or Oakton or Langley would be just fine, too.

Date: October 15, 2014 09:08PM

Ndjfjf Wrote:
> ^^^^^
>
>
> are a moron pretender.
>
>
>
>

You say that I take a lot of words to say something and then you post the mess above? lmao

Not only that but you still avoid the issue and go off on some spittle-mouthed rant because you're upset that someone might have the gall to even suggest that top students attending schools other than TJ might be just as or more successful than you. Guess what pal? Reality says that they are. For all of your TJ advantage, they were sitting right there next to you and many of them beat you.

Once again, I really have nothing against TJ. If you could focus for a moment and get out of your reflexive defensive response mode (used again just to piss you off lol) then you might be able to respond without making yourself look like a complete asshole. I guess that's one of those things that you didn't learn at TJ.

Posted by: What a Waste ()
Date: October 15, 2014 09:27PM

Sad that a TJ alumnus views working as a hedge fund manager as the epitome of success. Can't we all aspire to do something a bit more worthwhile?

Posted by: Hdhjff ()
Date: October 15, 2014 09:41PM

Alumni Relations Wrote:
> Ndjfjf Wrote:
> -----
> > ^^^^^
> >
> > Dude, you have the worst case of verbal
> diarrhea
> > ever. It takes you 50 words to say what a
> > non-simpleton can say in 5. What is this shit?
> >
> > "As you so well demonstrate here again.
> Likewise
> > your continued focus on my reference to Wiki
> which
> > was nothing more than a simple passing
> observation
> > of what's not reflected there, not any claim
> that
> > it represents any more than that. You can let
> that
> > go now. But you can't really because you can't
> > address the more substantive question raised".
> > --- LOL!! And you said "defensive reflex
> > response" not just defensive reflex because you
> > are a moron pretender.
> >
> > You are stupid. Don't ever forget that. I get
> > paid to tell if someone is smart or not
> > professionally. And you are clearly a moron.
> > Again, I have access to the alumni database
> that
> > you don't. It's not from my bunghole like
> every
> > idiocy you are spewing.
> >
> > In this ultra competitive world, TJ affords you
> a
> > slight advantage, but those advantages build on
> > each other. You get into hedge fund A because
> you
> > worked at Goldman. You get into Goldman
> because
> > you went to Ivy Y. You get into Ivy Y because
> you
> > went to TJ. It's that simple. There were
> plenty
> > of high school valedictorians that got slammed
> > their first year in college because they came
> from
> > a shit high school and couldn't hack it. Got
> it??
> >
> >
> > And coming from TJ, I was taking certain honors
> > classes in college purely as GPA boosters. Try
> > that coming from your shit high school. And
> you
> > think you are only competing with American
> > valedictorians at Ivy Y?? Try Singaporean and
> > Turkish scholarship students who are on a full
> > government ride and finished first in their
> entire
> > country and have 5 years more advance math &
> > science than you. You think your regular high
> > school can prepare you for that shit?? Ah...
> No.
> > Again, you are an idiot. Don't ever forget
> it.
>
>
> You say that I take a lot of words to say
> something and then you post the mess above? lmao
>
>
> Not only that but you still avoid the issue and go
> off on some spittle-mouthed rant because you're
> upset that someone might have the gall to even
> suggest that top students attending schools other
> than TJ might be just as or more successful than
> you. Guess what pal? Reality says that they are.
> For all of your TJ advantage, they were sitting
> right there next to you and many of them beat you.
>
>
> Once again, I really have nothing against TJ. If
> you could focus for a moment and get out of your
> reflexive defensive response mode (used again just
> to piss you off lol) then you might be able to
> respond without making yourself look like a
> complete asshole. I guess that's one of those
> things that you didn't learn at TJ.

You are stupid. Don't forget it. Attempts at Big words won't save you. Having no point and pulling thinks out of your bunghole must mean you are most likely a fast food worker.

And I sat next to people from other Ivies, Grand E'cole and Oxbridge with similar backgrounds or Russian institutes I've mever heard of but pretty sure they are top notch, so i'm not really sure what your point is other than additional verbal diarrhea.

Posted by: Hddjfjfkkc ()
Date: October 15, 2014 09:46PM

What a Waste Wrote:
> Sad that a TJ alumnus views working as a hedge
> fund manager as the epitome of success. Can't we
> all aspire to do something a bit more worthwhile?

TJ produces more medical doctors than probably any other high school in the country, so I'm pretty sure that meets your social responsibility bullshit. I enjoy finance and so that is my chosen field in life. If you don't like the winner take all capitalism or the brand of mercantilism practiced in the western world, you are free to move to North Korea or Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Posted by: What a Waste ()
Date: October 15, 2014 10:20PM

Hddjfjfkkc Wrote:
> What a Waste Wrote:
> -----
> > Sad that a TJ alumnus views working as a hedge
> > fund manager as the epitome of success. Can't
> we
> > all aspire to do something a bit more
> worthwhile?
>
>
> TJ produces more medical doctors than probably any
> other high school in the country, so I'm pretty
> sure that meets your social responsibility
> bullshit.

Perhaps, but you're not one of them.

> I enjoy finance and so that is my
> chosen field in life.

Let's face it, you dont enjoy finance, you enjoy making money. Lots and lots of money.

> If you don't like the
> winner take all capitalism or the brand of
> mercantilism practiced in the western world, you
> are free to move to North Korea or Liberia and
> Sierra Leone.

Remarkably lame answer. You sound like a teabagger.

"And I sat next to people from other Ivies, Grand E'cole and Oxbridge with similar backgrounds or Russian institutes I've mever heard of but pretty sure they are top notch, ..."

And I attended the Sorbonne, but I don't feel the need to interject that in routine discussions on this forum.

Seriously, you represent the worst that Northern Virginia has to offer. For your own sake, try to show some humility.

Posted by: Chcnjc ()
Date: October 15, 2014 10:38PM

^^^^

Yawn. Not impressed. If had said ENSAE, I would be.

Don't hate the player, hate the game and your poor choices in life.

One thing I do I agree with you though, Nova is a total shithole and it's only gotten more so since my childhood.

Posted by: Hjckckgk ()
Date: October 15, 2014 10:58PM

"And I attended the Sorbonne, but I don't feel the need to interject that in routine discussions on this forum. "

And you just did. Don't you even realize your own stupidity in that statement ??

Like I said, the smartest people I know went to ENSAE.

Date: October 15, 2014 11:01PM

Hdhjff Wrote:
>
> You are stupid. Don't forget it. Attempts at Big
> words won't save you. Having no point and pulling
> thinks out of your bunghole must mean you are most
> likely a fast food worker.
>
>
> And I sat next to people from other Ivies, Grand
> E'cole and Oxbridge with similar backgrounds or
> Russian institutes I've mever heard of but pretty
> sure they are top notch, so i'm not really sure
> what your point is other than additional verbal
> diarrhea.

Those were big words? lol

Georgetown undergrad, MS from Hopkins, and an MBA from Darden. That and bringing in a boatload of business in a particular area was good enough to get me to partner at a Big 5 (at the time) firm. I cashed out when I had the opportunity during the break-ups 10+ years ago and have run my own successful business since. TJ wasn't the same TJ back then but I've done just fine without it, thanks. As have many others. Point being that there are many paths, only a tiny number of which run anywhere near TJ. It's also arguable whether the TJ approach necessarily is the best versus distributing those same resources more widely across county schools.

> TJ produces more medical doctors than probably
> any other high school in the country, so I'm pretty
> sure that meets your social responsibility bullshit.
> I enjoy finance and so that is my chosen field in life.
> If you don't like the winner take all capitalism or
> the brand of mercantilism practiced in the western world
> you are free to move to North Korea or Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Once again, as in the case of your earlier "80%" nonsense, do you really not understand why that is and that we would graduate roughly the same numbers of doctors from FCPS without TJ?

("mercantilism." Big word! lol)

Posted by: Hdhfjcf ()
Date: October 15, 2014 11:09PM

^^^^

All second tier schools and judging by your writing and logic, I'm guessing made up bullshit.

You definitely have a chip on your shoulder about TJ. I'm answering the OP question about my alma mater. What are you doing here when you have absolutely nothing to add than what anybody can read off wikipedia. Yeah, yeah free countey and all but you are just so stupid with your attempts Sounding intelligent.

I know 20 tJ grads that can buy and sell you many time over. I probably could too. You are nothing even if any of that is remotely true.

Posted by: High school student ()
Date: October 15, 2014 11:24PM

You don't have to worry, as she won't make it into TJ. As a current junior in high school, I can tell you it is NOT worth it, unless you want your child to give up every sport and hobby and free time she has to do homework all day and night and maybe still get into UVA. Of the kids that are at TJ, they all excel in math and your daughter would be way behind. I took algebra in 7th grade, got all A's and still didn't make it. Your child won't either.

Posted by: Stevie Cohen ()
Date: October 15, 2014 11:28PM

Ndjfjf Wrote:
> ^^^^^
>
>
> are a moron pretender.
>
>
>
>

Sounds like the typical TJ arrogant asshole. Screw 'em. Bunch of smart kids who are total social retards. Who the fuck wants to be around such twerps?

Posted by: Chcuvin ()
Date: October 15, 2014 11:34PM

^^^^^

LOL. Like they gave you the choice to join??

Date: October 16, 2014 12:21AM

Hdhfjcf Wrote:
> ^^^^
>
> All second tier schools and judging by your
> writing and logic, I'm guessing made up bullshit.
>
>
> You definitely have a chip on your shoulder about
> TJ. I'm answering the OP question about my alma
> mater. What are you doing here when you have
> absolutely nothing to add than what anybody can
> read off wikipedia. Yeah, yeah free countey and
> all but you are just so stupid with your attempts
> Sounding intelligent.
>
> I know 20 tJ grads that can buy and sell you many
> time over. I probably could too. You are nothing
> even if any of that is remotely true.

I have a chip on MY shoulder? Now that's fucking funny!

Yeah, you're just the most bestest and brightest in the whole wide world little Timmy. Just like your mom told you. You seemed to think that Hopkins was a fine school when it was a TJ grad. lol And having someone buy and sell me at some point is kind of the objective so I'm perfectly fine with that. No, as I said several times I have nothing at all against TJ. I think that it's a great opportunity for the people there. The approach could be argued beyond that but for the relative few who benefit it's great.

Now that we're past all of that, AGAIN, do you not understand why your continued relative comparisons of TJ versus others along the lines of "most doctors in VA" and the "80%" stuff is complete stupidity? That, which you keep ignoring preferring instead to critique my writing and respond with other ad hom crap, is what I'd called you on to begin with and the only reason why I'm still here. Oh, and now just to push your buttons to watch you make even more of an ass of yourself. lol

Posted by: hxhxhxhx ()
Date: October 16, 2014 05:18AM

^^^^^
Hopkins med school dipshit. The rest is as stupid as you are. You really didn't know this??? God, you're stupid. And your personal agenda from post# 1 was to convince yourself that you are as good. That couldn't have been more obvious despite all your constant denials and pulling theories from your bunghole. Well, stupid, not even close. You have 2nd tier syndrome so bad you are on life support with the disease. Pathetic.

Posted by: Jfkfjfhhhd ()
Date: October 16, 2014 05:23AM

Alumni Relations, you write like a 3rd grader making it hard to read. English has to be a second or fifth language, No??? ESL or just stupid??

Posted by: total fail ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:05AM

the only argument I have seen is that going to TJ will get you to a better school

As many others have posted it is a wash at best

Top 5% at any high school in Fairfax County gets you just as good a chance as TJ

vs competing with the best of the best hoping you get top 20% and not having a life tons of hw etc

as we all know top tier college admissions is pretty much a crap shoot anyway

Posted by: Verdict ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:10AM

3-20 basketball team last year.

0-6 football team unlikely to win a game this year.

Pimply Asian nerds with creepy racist parents.

Uh, I don't think so.

Posted by: Majors ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:34AM

Verdict Wrote:
> 3-20 basketball team last year.
>
> 0-6 football team unlikely to win a game this
> year.
>
> Pimply Asian nerds with creepy racist parents.
>
> Uh, I don't think so.

Thanks. I'll keep my kid at Mt. Vernon HS.

Posted by: GMU guy ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:56AM

GMU Student here, came for the discussion, stayed for the djvxhi's assholery.

On topic: as a GMU student I have met many TJ grads attending GMU, while impressive as TJ is, it's no guarantee of a quality education.

Posted by: Freak Show ()
Date: October 16, 2014 09:13AM

Face it, TJ is overall a Freak Show.

It's not the best of the best, its the best of test takers. Many take prep classes to get into high school, tell me the logic behind this?

BTW, the county now says that there are not enough minorities in the program, so the student body needs to accurately reflect the balance of minorities in the county. What's this crap, supposed to be the best of the best, not the best of each minority group. Just turning into another politically and statically correct institution. Oh yea, TJ also is giving away some of your precious FFX spots to Arlington, Alexandria and Loudoun.

Unless you are in the neighborhood, you have a long commute to a from the facility. Assuming you meet anyone with social skills, friends are scattered all over the area.

Going to TJ by no means you will get into a "good" college, and what exactly is a "good" college?

I recall hearing a 8th grader state "how can I ever get into a good college if I do not get into TJ"? So sad, a failure before high school! Did this 14 year old figure this out by themselves, no, its from the PARENTS!

You will know if your kid belongs at TJ, you will not need to take any test prep classes or do any additional work. If it becomes a major effort to get your kid into TJ, they likely do not belong there.

And for all the back and forth here about Alumni and how someone can write their thoughts out or use Wiki, what a superiority complex some of you fools have.

If you were SO superior, you would not be here on the FFX Underground.

Social misfits!

Posted by: truth. ()
Date: October 16, 2014 10:12AM

She ain't makin' it.

Posted by: dHMmm ()
Date: October 16, 2014 12:41PM

Freak Show Wrote:
> Face it, TJ is overall a Freak Show.
>
> It's not the best of the best, its the best of
> test takers. Many take prep classes to get into
> high school, tell me the logic behind this?
>
> BTW, the county now says that there are not enough
> minorities in the program, so the student body
> needs to accurately reflect the balance of
> minorities in the county. What's this crap,
> supposed to be the best of the best, not the best
> of each minority group. Just turning into another
> politically and statically correct institution. Oh
> yea, TJ also is giving away some of your precious
> FFX spots to Arlington, Alexandria and Loudoun.
>
> Unless you are in the neighborhood, you have a
> long commute to a from the facility. Assuming you
> meet anyone with social skills, friends are
> scattered all over the area.
>
> Going to TJ by no means you will get into a "good"
> college, and what exactly is a "good" college?
>
> I recall hearing a 8th grader state "how can I
> ever get into a good college if I do not get into
> TJ"? So sad, a failure before high school! Did
> this 14 year old figure this out by themselves,
> no, its from the PARENTS!
>
> You will know if your kid belongs at TJ, you will
> not need to take any test prep classes or do any
> additional work. If it becomes a major effort to
> get your kid into TJ, they likely do not belong
> there.
>
> And for all the back and forth here about Alumni
> and how someone can write their thoughts out or
> use Wiki, what a superiority complex some of you
> fools have.
>
> If you were SO superior, you would not be here on
> the FFX Underground.
>
> Social misfits!

I agree that TJ parents will know if its right. For my family its about managing the learning experience. My kid(s) will likely be eligible but Id only want them to go if they would enjoy it more than regular HS. Period. All this crap about making them into pre-pre-med students is fine for some families (Asians) but Im not about that really. Money isnt everything. Why ruin their childhoods by forcing them into something like TJ if its not their thing?

I feel really bad for the kids in the advanced classes that are forced there by parents. The talented kids have fun and the pressured kids suffer. BTW plumbers and electricians are some of the happiest best compensated professions. You dont need tj for those do you?

Posted by: Kdkdkglg ()
Date: October 16, 2014 12:49PM

GMU guy Wrote:
> GMU Student here, came for the discussion, stayed
> for the djvxhi's assholery.
>
> On topic: as a GMU student I have met many TJ
> grads attending GMU, while impressive as TJ is,
> it's no guarantee of a quality education.

What a lying sack of shit. You must have met every single TJ grad at GMU because they sent exactly 4 last year. That's 4. What an asshat. Lie to defame TJ. GMU sucks donkey dick and only the biggest loser druggies from TJ go there.

195 people from TJ were accepted into UVA last year. Why the fuck would they go Mason.

------------------------
Where do TJ students go to college? Here is the list for the class of 2013:

http://virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/college-destinations-for-tjhsst-class-of-2013/

As reported in TJ Today:

Air Force Academy 1
Univ. of Alabama 3
Babson 2
Berkeley 6

Boston College 1

Bowdoin 1

Bradley 1

Brown 7

Cal Poly 1

Cal Tech 7

Carnegie Mellon 10

Case Western 5

Centre College 1

Chicago 6

Clemson 1

Columbia 5

Cooper Union 1

Cornell 19

Davidson 1

Denison 1

Drexel 2

Duke 6

Franklin Olin 1

Furman 1

Georgetown 3

Georgia Tech 6

Gettysburg College 1

GMU 4

GW 4

Harvard 3

Harvey Mudd 1

Univ. of Illinois 6

JMU 2

Johns Hopkins 2

McGill 2

Univ. of Maryland College Park 5

UMBC 1

Univ. of Michigan 10

Middlebury 1

MIT 11

University of Minnesota 1

Naval Academy 3

Johns Hopkins 2

McGill 2

Univ. of Maryland College Park 5

UMBC 1

Univ. of Michigan 10

Middlebury 1

MIT 11

University of Minnesota 1

Naval Academy 3

UNC 1

UNC Chapel Hill 2

Northeastern 2

Northwestern 4

Notre Dame 1

NYU 3

Oberlin 1

Ohio State 1

Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins 1

Penn 6

University of Pittsburgh 2

Princeton 10

Purdue 2

Rhode Island School of Design 1

Rice 2

Univ. of Rochester 1

Rochester Inst. of Technology 4

RPI 6

Saint Louis University 1

University of San Diego 1

School of Visual Arts 1

Smith 1

Univ. of South Carolina 2

USC 1

SMU 1

Stanford 8

Swarthmore 1

Temple 2

Univ. of Tennessee 3

UVA 86

VA Tech 21

VCU 11

Wake Forest 2

Wash U 7

Washington & Lee 1

Wellesley 2

West Point 3

William & Mary 65

Worcester Polytechnic Institute 1

Yale 1

Posted by: Major Disappointment ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:00PM

When I clicked on this thread I thought it was going to be about TJ Maxx.

Posted by: Jdkfkgklgg ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:01PM

GMU has 34,000 retards and 4 TJ grads per class. And you met all 4??? Statistically, that's bullshit. You have a better chance of winning the Pick 5 lottery. Admit it. You met one TJ loser. Just one and bulshitted the rest.

Posted by: Must Be A Mistake ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:19PM

Reading that list of colleges to which TJ grads went, someone obviously forgot to include Phoenix University. Surely dozens of TJ grads had long dreamed of going to Phoenix, the most exclusive and prestigious university in the country? Or did none make the cut?

Posted by: TJ Grads ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:24PM

Imagine going to TJ and then having to admit to your classmates that you'll be going some third-tier college like JMU, VCU or UMBC? Embarrassing!

Posted by: KingOCopyAndPaste ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:42PM

TJ Grad is so talented using a computer that he was almost able to accurately copy and paste that complete list from the article he linked. He duplicated the 'Johns Hopkins to Naval Academy' portion of that list, however, a graduate of any other HS would have likely double-pasted the entire list.

Posted by: EJ6Hk ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:58PM

You forgot Strayer, DeVry, and ITT Tech.

Posted by: Dujfkvivicv ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:06PM

KingOCopyAndPaste Wrote:
> TJ Grad is so talented using a computer that he
> was almost able to accurately copy and paste that
> complete list from the article he linked. He
> duplicated the 'Johns Hopkins to Naval Academy'
> portion of that list, however, a graduate of any
> other HS would have likely double-pasted the
> entire list.

iPhone 5 and there was a copy limit. They don't pay me to copy and paste so I'm sorry it doesn't meet your standards. Boy am I embarrassed.

Posted by: TJ..... ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:18PM

Jdkfkgklgg Wrote:
> GMU has 34,000 retards and 4 TJ grads per class.
> And you met all 4??? Statistically, that's
> bullshit. You have a better chance of winning the
> Pick 5 lottery. Admit it. You met one TJ loser.
> Just one and bulshitted the rest.

Uh, the list you posted stated that 4 TJ grads in a SINGLE graduating class (2013) went to Mason, not per class. So, maybe 15-20 TJ Grads have gone directly to Mason out of TJ in the last 4 years?? Plus, there may be even more TJ grads attending Mason, since some number may have transferred in...Right? Lastly, since these TJ grad/Mason students attended HS school together, it's perhaps not unreasonable to think that they may belong to the same social circle(s) at Mason...So maybe its not unreasonable to think that the poster above DOES know a healthy number of TJ grads who are attending Mason.

Posted by: civic ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:24PM

I thought the big stink about TJ was the lessening of admissions criteria under the mantle of "diversity."

What ever happened with that?

Posted by: Djjfjgh ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:29PM

TJ..... Wrote:
> Jdkfkgklgg Wrote:
> -----
> > GMU has 34,000 retards and 4 TJ grads per class.
>
> > And you met all 4??? Statistically, that's
> > bullshit. You have a better chance of winning
> the
> > Pick 5 lottery. Admit it. You met one TJ
> loser.
> > Just one and bulshitted the rest.
>
>
> Uh, the list you posted stated that 4 TJ grads in
> a SINGLE graduating class (2013) went to Mason,
> not per class. So, maybe 15-20 TJ Grads have gone
> directly to Mason out of TJ in the last 4 years??
> Plus, there may be even more TJ grads attending
> Mason, since some number may have transferred
> in...Right? Lastly, since these TJ grad/Mason
> students attended HS school together, it's perhaps
> not unreasonable to think that they may belong to
> the same social circle(s) at Mason...So maybe its
> not unreasonable to think that the poster above
> DOES know a healthy number of TJ grads who are
> attending Mason.

And Maybe monkeys will fly out of your butt. The transfer in to GMU part takes the cake and so does the freshman thru senior TJ alums all hanging out together in a commuter school of 34,000 morons where all the TJ grads would be living at home anyway. Although theoretically possible, I think he's just a lying sack of shit. The TJ grads would all be to embarrassed at being forced by their broke parents to attend GMU they probably wear burkas to GMU.

Posted by: JMU 2K5 ()
Date: October 16, 2014 07:08PM

^^^^

"they probably wear burkas to GMU."

+1

Posted by: Admissions Officer ()
Date: October 16, 2014 07:19PM

civic Wrote:
> I thought the big stink about TJ was the lessening
> of admissions criteria under the mantle of
> "diversity."
>
> What ever happened with that?

We implemented the program, found a couple black kids who could spell their own name, and admitted them. Blacks automatically get 35 points added to every quiz, test, and exam taken at TJ to compensate for cultural bias and to level the playing field. Strictly coincidentally, thefts in the school shot up by 62%.

Posted by: Bhhgjhhbh ()
Date: October 17, 2014 09:01AM

Where is Aluni Relations??

I wanted to post his ugly mug. Dumb fuck gave enough info (if true) to triangulate his identity.

People with combination like this and in this area is 1.

"Georgetown undergrad, MS from Hopkins, and an MBA from Darden"

You are stupid A.R. Don't ever forget it!

Posted by: Dr. Feldman ()
Date: October 17, 2014 09:23AM

Bhhgjhhbh Wrote:
> Where is Aluni Relations??
>
> I wanted to post his ugly mug. Dumb fuck gave
> enough info (if true) to triangulate his
> identity.
>
> People with combination like this and in this area
> is 1.
>
> "Georgetown undergrad, MS from Hopkins, and an MBA
> from Darden"
>
> You are stupid A.R. Don't ever forget it!

Stay in the Lamb Center thread where you belong, lunatic.

Posted by: Cjjcjc ()
Date: October 17, 2014 09:48AM

^^^^
Chickenshit

Posted by: No no ()
Date: October 17, 2014 05:22PM

Only if you want suicidal kid

Posted by: t9L3N ()
Date: October 18, 2014 11:01PM

Stumbled upon this site and thread while looking up info on TJ that wasn't clear propaganda from FCPS or alumni. Looks like there's some pretty strong feelings about TJ around here. Where do I access this TJ wiki a few people mentioned?

Posted by: IQ Test ()
Date: October 19, 2014 12:21AM

t9L3N Wrote:
> Stumbled upon this site and thread while looking
> up info on TJ that wasn't clear propaganda from
> FCPS or alumni. Looks like there's some pretty
> strong feelings about TJ around here. Where do I
> access this TJ wiki a few people mentioned?

If you can't find it on your own, neither you nor your spawn would be a fit for TJ. Sorry, but we don't need slow-minded kids holding back everyone else here.

Posted by: WTHolyF ()
Date: October 19, 2014 02:00AM

@IQ Test: I completely agree. Anyone with an IQ over 80 can Google to find the TJ wiki--it took me all of 30 seconds! What the fuck is going on? I've seen this on FFU many times---dipshits that seem to be afraid of computers and how to use Google effectively. Jesus H Fucking Christ on a Stick I feel sorry for your clueless asses!!!

Posted by: dfjaklfjlda; ()
Date: October 19, 2014 08:26AM

Considering tJ had internet access and Mosaic in the early 1990s, I don't think the place would be a good fit for your spawn. You may be as terminally stupid as Alumni Relations.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.