HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS spends a bunch on lawyers and multiple law suits from employees for discrimination and other issues
Posted by: Know about FCPS ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:52PM

The thing is FCPS is a bureaucracy. What they need is a transformative leader but what they have is a bunch of educrats who make stupid mistakes by following procedures at all costs, not using common sense and not being responsive to their employees. I can tell you that FCPS is paying $400 an hour for a top law firm to defend them in a whole lot of cases that could be avoided if they tapped into their human side. For example, there is an ongoing lawsuit where they have lost every single motion so far, have paid an inordinate amount of money when all they needed to do to avoid the problem is talk to the party suing and address their concern. Currently it is estimated that the suit which was avoidable has cost wel over 100K to the district. As a public agency FCPS thinks their job is to circle the wagons around their administrators and hold only some people accountable for their actions. They are like jackals, if you show any kind of weakness they will eat you alive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS spends a bunch on lawyers and multiple law suits from employees for discrimination and other issues
Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: October 11, 2014 02:23PM

And you would think that they would practice the tolerance of others that they teach our children.
Nip

Re: FCPS spends a bunch on lawyers and multiple law suits from employees for discrimination and other issues
Date: October 11, 2014 02:47PM

Know about FCPS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...if you show any kind of weakness they will eat you alive.

They would make rather quick work of you then.

Date: October 11, 2014 02:47PM

NippleChuck Wrote:
> And you would think that they would practice the
> tolerance of others that they teach our children.

Gee, another totally stupid post from Chuckie-poo. What a surprise!

Posted by: plenty of shirking ()
Date: October 11, 2014 03:41PM

After working for the county for 30 plus years, what I saw was that mostly the inept, lazy, and those who wanted a check without working filed most of the suits against the county. Fortunately the county had the staff to get rid of at least some of them. Unfortunately a few were able to fight it and continue with their lame and slug ways . The best to be hoped for was to give them a shining recommendation and pass them off to some other poor bastard. And the employee unions are good for one thing, taking good employees monry and protecting the lazy.

Posted by: full of shit ()
Date: October 11, 2014 04:08PM

plenty of shirking Wrote:
> After working for the county for 30 plus years,
> what I saw was that mostly the inept, lazy, and
> those who wanted a check without working filed
> most of the suits against the county. Fortunately
> the county had the staff to get rid of at least
> some of them. Unfortunately a few were able to
> fight it and continue with their lame and slug
> ways . The best to be hoped for was to give them
> a shining recommendation and pass them off to some
> other poor bastard. And the employee unions are
> good for one thing, taking good employees monry
> and protecting the lazy.

My 26 years experience with the County is different. They're a bunch of inbred hillbillies that run my agency. If you're not one of the "kinfolk", they'll try to shit on you, especially if you're a lower level employee.

They apparently think that the grunts don't have the money to go after them. I'm a lower level employee, but I inherited a lot of money from my parents.

When they came after me for something they ignore if it's the kinfolk that did it, my attorneys let them have it with both barrels. Long story, but we even got one of the hillbillies demoted.

It cost me a lot of money but the victory was sweet. The motherfuckers now know, beyond any doubt, that if they try to shit on me, I WILL SHIT BACK!

Posted by: yes you must certainly be FOS ()
Date: October 11, 2014 04:36PM

full of shit Wrote:
> plenty of shirking Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > After working for the county for 30 plus years,
>
> > what I saw was that mostly the inept, lazy, and
> > those who wanted a check without working filed
> > most of the suits against the county.
> Fortunately
> > the county had the staff to get rid of at least
> > some of them. Unfortunately a few were able to
> > fight it and continue with their lame and slug
> > ways . The best to be hoped for was to give
> them
> > a shining recommendation and pass them off to
> some
> > other poor bastard. And the employee unions
> are
> > good for one thing, taking good employees monry
> > and protecting the lazy.
>
>
> My 26 years experience with the County is
> different. They're a bunch of inbred hillbillies
> that run my agency. If you're not one of the
> "kinfolk", they'll try to shit on you, especially
> if you're a lower level employee.
>
> They apparently think that the grunts don't have
> the money to go after them. I'm a lower level
> employee, but I inherited a lot of money from my
> parents.
>
> When they came after me for something they ignore
> if it's the kinfolk that did it, my attorneys let
> them have it with both barrels. Long story, but
> we even got one of the hillbillies demoted.
>
> It cost me a lot of money but the victory was
> sweet. The motherfuckers now know, beyond any
> doubt, that if they try to shit on me, I WILL SHIT
> BACK!

Yes you do sound like one of the many dipshits I encountered during my time there. There was never a shortage. Geez I just did my job and didn't have to have a lawyer to keep it, wonder why?

Posted by: Just saying ()
Date: October 11, 2014 07:52PM

^ Then you were lucky to have never encountered some of the ones that have been promoted and who are incompetent. They are there. The thing to do is to transfer out from under them ASAP when they come to your area. If you do that, you will never need a lawyer to keep your job. There are "dipshits" at all levels in any organization.

Posted by: full of shit ()
Date: October 12, 2014 12:38AM

Just saying Wrote:
> ^ Then you were lucky to have never encountered
> some of the ones that have been promoted and who
> are incompetent. They are there. The thing to do
> is to transfer out from under them ASAP when they
> come to your area. If you do that, you will never
> need a lawyer to keep your job. There are
> "dipshits" at all levels in any organization.

Exactly. "yes you must certainly be FOS" is either lucky, one of the kinfolk, or one of their fuck buddies.

There's a whole lot more involved than "just doing your job" if they don't like you. They really, really, really don't like me now, but so far, they haven't attempted to retaliate against me. But, on the advice of my attorneys, I am watching them closer than ever and documenting every fucking thing they say and do. I'm taking other measures to protect myself from these bastards, but 'nuf said.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.